(See All?) Announcements
371 Users Online
Apollo, Google, Bing

take a look around — Luna Hill 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

With a few mishaps along the road, the two older wolves had gotten themselves turned around while on their way towards the Secret Woodlands, where the couple intended to see Ash's sister. With the violet storms that ravaged the Lore, the mated pair were lucky they didn't more lost than they were. However, with the years experience under their belts from living within Relic Lore, they were able to get back on track and head towards the thicket once again. 

Rarely did the phantom leave her husband's side, but when they stopped to rest for an hour or so, the Moon woman wanted to explore for a moment or two. Taking her leave from him, she explored the fields lazily, her aching joints urging her to take a rest along with Ash. However, her one eyed gaze spotted a high elevated hill that seemed to give an amazing view of the fields surrounding it. Slowly, the older woman took her time to climb the grass hill, her heart aching softly for the mountains where she once ruled. The terrain had been rough and dangerous, but that was truly her true home. Still today with her old age and aching joints, the fallen mountain leader would be able to travel along the mountain like a seasoned veteran. Athena knew the mountain like the back of her paw, but her old home was far from here appearing only as a small speck upon the horizon as she crested the top of the hill and looked beyond. 

What a sight.

|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by Becca who has 19 posts.
Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
He headed a bit north, away from the pretty trees and water that comforted him. The trip was lonely and the only company he had was his mind. Which wasn't great mentioning he was thinking about worrying things almost all day. How much further away was he from Elias? Or how much closer was he? He tried not to think about it that much but it was hard not to when the reason he was out here was that he was lost from the leftover Selwyns.

Yellow eyes squinted as he spotted a hill. A hill! Oh, that would make it so much easier to see where he was at. He quickly moved his strolling pace into a run in order to get to the spot on top. The young male was about halfway up the hill before he spotted a white figure who happened to beat him. With a groan he slowed down, feeling less enthusiastic about making his way to the top of the hill now. What if they were mean? What if - and just what if - he had waltzed into claim lands? Thuban was pretty sure he hadn't smelled any sort of markers but he was tired and focused on his mission to get back to Elias.

"Hey! Hey!" He called out as he began to reach the top. "This hill belong to you?" A brown brow raised above bright yellow eyes, waiting for an answer.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Thinking she would be alone for a few moments to gaze peacefully upon the scenery below her, however, quickly she heard the trampling steps of another behind her. Pale white ears swiveled behind her crown before her one eyed gaze looked to see who had taken to climb the hill with. Perhaps, Ash had caught up to her, deciding to abandon rest and join her as she gazed out into the Lore. As much as she wished it was her husband, instead it was a dark stranger with a pair of dandelion eyes gazing up at her. 

Her scarred face looked over the stranger quickly, always analyzing her situation. The male was quick to greet her and ask a simple question, one she didn't blame him for asking in these lands. One could never be too sure of who walked around. Shaking her head, her mismatched gaze continued to watch him. "No, simply had to see what the view was like." The phantom stated nonchalantly as she glanced back towards the horizon ahead of them.   

"You new around here?" Athena was curious to see how popular the Lore still was. Back when she led in Poison Path, newcomers used to come in by the dozen, but leave just as quickly.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
-smacks thuban with a newspaper-

When yellow eyes spotted her face his ears fell back briefly. She looked like she'd seen things he couldn't even imagine. It even looked like one of them gnarly scars had gone right over her eye. It was all milky white and he imagined she likely couldn't see much - if anything - out of it. The other was bright, though. Blazing fire orange. If Thuban had ever seen someone who looked badass it was this lady right her. She was gnarly looking in a scary and cool way.

He snapped out of his trance when she answered his question. "Yeah, me too. I was running up here and then," The young male stopped to take in a deep breath and plop down next to her. Not close enough to get bit but close enough for a casual interaction. Thuban made sure to sit on the side of her that didn't seem blind. Just so he didn't spook her or anything. "Well, I saw you." His shoulders gave a gentle shrug.

"Me?" A brown brow raised as if there was anyone else around for her to be talking to. "Yeah I guess I am. Got lost scouting. Suppose it wasn't very bright to go out in a storm." He laughed softly, recalling the slip-up. If he had known just a little bit better then he wouldn't have been here in the first place.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

The scarred woman was used to those long lingering gazes after they first caught sight of her face. When she first received her scars, anyone who stared too long she would give them a snappy comment like: "If you look long enough, they'll be yours." Something threatening as she self conscious about them as she had been hinder with the lost sight in her one eye. However, after a while, she began to take pride in the them as she adapted to the loss of sight. And soon, she couldn't recall how life was with two working eyes.

So as the stranger took to lingering upon her face, Athena simply waited to see how long it would take him to become detranced. The male was young and spirited, bring a soft smile upon her ebony lips as he spoke. He looked like her first born son, though his eyes were drastically lighter than Elliot's were. However, her son would have been about four years old by now. Her heart ached at the thought of her children, having been a failure of a mother to all of them.

The boy took care to sit himself besides her good eye, she thanked him silently as he continued on. "I've been lost plenty of times. It sadly apart of life. You'll become wiser, hopefully, and learn from your mistakes." Not that she was implying that he was unwise, just he was young and prone to mistakes like getting lost in a storm. "But some things like the weather, you can't control. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it. You're breathing and alive, that's all that matters sometimes." Life was cruel, so every breath was a blessing.

Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
He had to hold back a small chuckle. Him? Wiser? Thuban wasn't the dimmest wolf around but it certainly took him a few tries before he learned his lesson. Maybe she was right though. When he got home to Elias again maybe he will have learned more and be a better set of paws to have around. Hell, he could perhaps even drag a few Selwyns home if he got really lucky. It likely wouldn't happen but the boy could certainly dream.

She almost sounded like his Mama talking about all the precious stuff. He wanted to roll his eyes but a few snips from his parents for doing that had taught him better than that. Besides, it wasn't like this lady knew he had heard it before. So he did what he always did with his parents' speeches and nodded his head politely. "Yeah, you're right." He threw in for good measure.

"So, you know 'bout this place or you new around here too?" A brown brow raised as he looked over at the scarred woman. How many new wolves would he have to run into before he ran into someone knowledgeful? Perhaps he should head towards a pack. They should know something about at least the area they were in.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Perhaps the boy really didn't want to have a conversation like this with an old woman like herself, but frankly at this point in her life she really didn't care what he wanted. The years it took for her to come to that conclusion had been long, but the phantom didn't have much else left of her besides advice and a pile of mistakes she was trying to make right. You live and you learn, and while Athena didn't have as many years left as this kid did, she hoped she could help him from committing that one mistake that could really hit home. 

The dark boy nodded and agreed that she was right. Scuffing lightly to herself, of course she was right. If there was one thing Athena learned the most. If she was alive and breathing, nothing else mattered as much as that. You were surviving and if Athena was anything, she was the queen of surviving, the best at it really. No matter what was thrown at her, who tried to take her out, she kept breathing for some reason. She was always a fighter and would be until the day she died. 

The kid took his turn and asked the same question. "I'm far from new here," she started, her one eyed gaze only glancing to meet his for a moment before she looked back out into the fields below. "This is Luna Hill, but all around us is Blackberry Fields. You can imagine where the name came from, there's the best berries around here in the spring. But the bears know it too, so you'll have to watch out for them around here. I've been within the Lore since I was two years old. There's not much I don't know about these lands." Perhaps, the new packs that reside here, but the landscape and rich history were well planted within her mind.

Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
In all honesty, he couldn't be too surprised by the older female's answer. She looked like she had seen some stuff and also not seen some other stuff. Thuban didn't find it hard to believe that it had happened in these lands. Granted it certainly instilled a new sense of fear in him. He hoped he didn't make it back home looking like her. Not that there was anything wrong with that! But, oh, well he just didn't wanna go home tattered to Elias.

"Never been a fan of berries but if I'm still around I'll make sure to come try them." He smiled genuinely as his tail gave a few thumps behind his brown form. Maybe somehow he could bring some home to Elias or maybe even when things got better Banny could bring him here. They could laugh about times like now. Or so he could only hope for a future like that.

"I'm Thuban Selwyn by the way. Or Banny." His shoulders shrugged. Not everyone was fond of the nickname but he liked it. Something was comforting about the childish nickname. "If you're not new here maybe you could tell me if you know any Selwyns? Or the Selwyn Mountains?"
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

The phantom wasn't surprised much by the dark man's response of not having a good taste for berries. Not many do, but some like she, favored them as a sort of desert per say. A wolf, of course, could never sustain themselves with berries, but they were a quick get-me-up when one needed it. Smirking at the boy as he laughed, her own tail giving a few thumps upon the ground in response. The lad was nice company, she didn't regret coming up here and him following as he wasn't too bad to talk with. 

He introduced himself then as she turned to glance at him. "Nice to meet you, Banny." She said with a soft smile before continuing on with the formalities. "Athena Moon, though it's just Athena for me." She never was given a nickname by really anyone and she really couldn't think of a nickname for Athena either. Thuban went on to ask her if she knew of someone or a set of mountains. "Sorry, I don't recognize the name. Perhaps these Selwyns you are looking for just came into the Lore in the past year or two while I was away? I've been gone for a while." She admitted.

(This post was last modified: Nov 11, 2017, 02:48 AM by Athena.)