540 Users Online
Bing, Google

Journey to the Past — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
For the lovely @Nineva

Weeks and still there was no sign of Inali. At this point, his despair was transformed into rage and as he prowled the lands of Relic Lore, he snapped and snarled at anyone or anything that got in his way. While a part of him relished at the power it made him feel, another part of him - the part that always yearned for family - wanted the social interaction. He was foolish to think he could have come back into the Lore and completed some outlandish mission that Nina was no longer alive to even celebrate. Victory seemed pointless and at some point during his wonderings, Yuka wanted to return to the assassins that had offered him a sense of security and family. For that point in his life, he felt like he truly belonged. If wondered if he would ever find that within the lore again. While he was at peace with himself and who he was, he longer for community and happiness with others. There was only so long one wolf could be in isolation.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
She wouldn't have thought that anything of her past could elate her so. Perhaps she should have reservations about her eldest brother, about how he seemed to always disappear. Nineva wanted so badly for structure and stability, for permanence, but despite their failure to provide her with any of this, the girl still dearly loved her family. She couldn't help it, and scenting Yuka within the forest infected her heart with a bit of warmth that she hadn't felt in a long, long time.

She weaved her way quickly through the trees, tracking him down. When she finally saw him, glimpses past the thick trunks, her paws sent her flying. That small spark of happiness burst into jubilance as she rushed him, barreling at the man. She barked his name just before she all but collided with him, joyously nipping and lapping at his face and neck while her strong limbs stomped the ground.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
Sorry I kept you hanging on this.

Paw steps approached and an ear flicked back attentively. His ears outside the Lore had not been put to waste and he was forever grateful that no matter how preoccupied he was; attentiveness was never something that could be forgotten. A part of him wanted to be along, to damn the world along with everyone else in it. After all, he had found the one wolf that meant more to him than anyone, only for her to disappear. Again. The other part of him yearned for the social contact. The muscle in his jaw tightened. Indecision was not something he faced often.

As it turned out, the other party quickly decided for him what fate would have in store for that day. With a quick shout of his name, he was suddenly bombarded with all the kind of attention her certainly did not want, but certainly could not refuse, especially when he finally settled eyes on the one who was giving out said affections. Amber teal-flecked eyes took in his younger half-sibling, surprised that they had run into one another – that she was still here. He was in shock, more than anything that it was her who greeted him. He swallowed, "Nin…you’re still here?" Bright orbs roamed her face, before he continued, "How have you been?"

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
You're still here? he asked, and she could have audibly scoffed at the question if she weren't so glad to see him. Of course she was here. She had always been the one here while everyone else went away. But of all wolves, she couldn't hold anything against her own blood. Yuka, Korrin, Narime--they all had their reasons, just as she had hers for escaping the Woodlands and joining Grizzly Hollow.

"I've... been better."

She wouldn't lie, but also didn't want to weigh Yuka down with her troubles. So much had happened that she hadn't gotten to share with him, was there really in use to going over it all now? She was sure he had jut as many stories to tell.

Her frantic greeting had died down, but she still watched him with adoration and stood a bit closer than he was probably comfortable with. She'd always been oblivious to his desire to stay at a distance from the world around him.

"I'm so happy to see you. Do... you know how long you're staying?"
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

His throat felt dry, uncomfortably so. He could just hardly believe that she was here. Her response to his question unsettled him and despite himself, the Thorben's eyebrows furrowed in concern. Even though he preferred to steer clear of other wolf's business, this was his sister and he did care about her. The russet-hued man had always had a soft spot for Nineva in particular. As a girl, she had never been afraid of grasping the reins of her life and taking charge. It had been an admirable trait, one that Yuka had only discovered in himself in the past year away from his birthplace. He certainly intended on interrogating her, on finding out exactly what was wrong...but that would certainly not be the right approach in this instance. His little sister was not one of his victims and if he knew her at all he would know that she would not easily be scared into submission.

While trying to formulate the best way to ask such a burning question, the Hervok asked a question of her own. He had thought about this, thought about leaving now that Inali was gone, that everyone was gone, but Nineva was still here. And something was wrong. That changed things. The large man's dark lips parted in response, "I don't know yet. It depends on a number of things." The main one being you. Yuka eyes her wearily, his voice steady when he spoke, "What's happened?" A steely look of determination blazed in his eyes. One way or another, he would find out what was bothering his sister.

(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2018, 07:26 AM by Yuka.)
Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

It depends, he told her, and her head canted to the side, eyes looking up at him curiously. Wondering what exactly it would take to get him to stay here, with her preferably. The silver of her left took in his own gaze, and she smiled softly in appreciation as he asked his question. Of course he wanted to know, because he cared. She hadn't expected anything less, but it was still so... nice to be with family again, to feel that kind of love. The kind that didn't dissipate because of distance, that didn't betray you or kick you while you were down.

Nineva reclined with a soft sigh. Her lips remained curved gently upwards, but this could have been mistaken for a grimace.

"Everything's gone. I made... a horrible mistake, and left to try and track down Tomen. Of course, I didn't find him, and now that I'm back even the Woodlands doesn't exist anymore. The only thing I've found that's seemed to survive is the Willows. If it weren't for the new packs cropping up, I would think the forest was dying."

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

Yuka had always thought that Nineva was the most intelligent of all his siblings. If any of them would have caught on that he could have gone on a murdering rampage, it would have been her. Yet, while intelligence was a wonderful gift, it could also make an individual miserable. It could make an existence the most miserable of all and that was how his little sister looked right then. When she spoke, Yuka made sure to keep his attention on her, nodding his head where acceptable. He was surprised, however, to hear that the Woodlands had split. He had been over there, not too long ago, to deliver the not so great news that Broken Timber Pines had disbanded. It was much to the dismay to their Queen that he returned. It seemed that she had harbored a sort of friendliness towards them. At her last words, Yuka's lips twitched up into a half smile, though it looked more like a snarl due to the scars on his face. His words were serious, but meant in a joking manner, "I suppose we should be thankful for the quiet. It means there's no war...I mean unless you're into that sort of thing. I would join you and be completely on your side throughout the whole ordeal if you wanted to start a revolution, Nin." One of his eyebrows cocked upwards, the playful gleam in his eyes fading. A frown pulled on his lips, "In all seriousness, I'm sorry that happened. We all make mistakes but all we can do is learn from them and try to push forward. Our past doesn't define us, it's what we do now. That is what's important." The man's eyebrows creased together. Where the hell had this life advice come from? He sure couldn't see himself giving this talk to anyone else.

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2018, 07:21 AM by Yuka.)
Thank you TABs
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

Part of her expected that Yuka would reprimand her, excabertate on the wrongness of her actions, agree that she shared the blame in why the West was crumbling. It was the same uneasiness that had chased her when she'd fled the Woodlands, and given her nightmares of being disowned. Her family had never been so harsh with her, but they had others, and she knew that even if they chose to love her through it where they wouldn't outsiders, her guilt was still just as heavy.

Her brother was quick to earn a smile from her, however, disproving her concerns and even confirming that he had her back regardless. Just when she needed to hear that, even though she had voiced her doubts. Her tail even gave another few heartfelt wags.

A revolution. Damned if that didn't sound appealing.

"You're right, and I've already decided what my next step will be. I'm done trying to fix things that others have broken, and keeping their flawed regimes alive when they themselves do everything they can to kill it. I wanted the Caverns back for so long, but I know now that it was always a childish fantasy that we could ever thrive there again."

It almost hurt to say the words aloud, even though she had come to terms with their truth. This was like inking in a sketch or turning blueprints into a physical structure; there was no turning back. She was alright with that, though.

"The past belongs where it is," she reaffirmed his words with a resolute nod, a sharp glint within her mismatched eyes, "I want something new, something wholly mine."

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

Teal-flecked amber eyes blinked curiously at his sister, wondering if his words truly had taken any affect to her wounded heart. Their family had always been damaged but in the process they had left behind so much collaterol. Sometimes, they just needed to think and do for themselves and it seemed like that was what Nineva was finally doing for herself. A hint of a smile played on the dark man's lips as he looked at the woman who looked so much like their mother but held so much of their father's spirit in her heart. There was no doubt behind how she had lasted so long, even without a pack to help support her. He had an idea of what she meant, but just so he was clear with her, he spoke what remained unsaid between them, "You want your own pack." It was a statement but within it he was asking for his own source of clarification.

Thank you TABs