(See All?) Announcements
569 Users Online
Bing, Google

you should be here — Laurel Thicket 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He couldn't stand to be in the Draw. He knew he couldn't bare to go to Hidden Tree, or Bramble Falls. The truth was he couldn't stand being. Unwilling to let his body shut down with the wants of his mind he kept up the search. Suka was smart, and he wanted to believe he'd gotten away. It was just a matter of how far. Where he might find somewhere safe from... He believed it had to be a wolf. It was the only clue that was certain. On a whim he cut a new trail west. The wildwood wasn't the only forest, and he didn't imagine his son staying in an open space.

The weather wasn't on the Tainn's side. It was the main reason he didn't know where, or who. As the evergreen greeted him, he realized how empty this place was. Was the Draw and the Ridge the only packs left? He wanted to brush the thought aside, the question seeming as useless as the rest. But, as they had done too many times they needed to get the word out. He needed that word to get to as many wolves as it could. With a stronger sense of purpose, he found new energy to push his stride. Moving deeper into the forest he stumbled upon a small den. "Suka?!"

Played by Maeby who has 41 posts.
Inactive Pup
Cannon Tainn

Cannon was worried for his father. That's why when he caught the man's slow fading scent he knew he had to follow. Would dad be mad? Well, it was a possibility. But it was a risk he'd just have to take under these circumstances. Mom was gone, and now Suka too. Lana was going crazy, which could only mean Treyah was absolutely losing it. Triell.. Well, his emotions were harder for the pup to pinpoint. But they probably weren't good either. 'It's like I'm the only one with any sense right now. They'll come back. both of them, maybe they just needed some time away.'

Time away. Maybe that's what his father was trying to achieve too, though there was no way in hell Cannon was going to let him get any without at least a goodbye. If Triell was going to just disappear on them too, well then this Tainn was going to live with the comfort of being able to run back home with a sure-tell story.

He'd just closed the distance between his father and himself when he heard his father call out the name of his now missing kin. It was heartbreaking, watching the man who raised him stare desperately into a tiny abandoned den. "..Dad.." He croaked, approaching his father with a large frown.

[Image: N3fkDi5.png]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Nothing happened. Why did he think it would be this easy? Because he wanted it to be. None of this ever was.

There was a quiet voice that insisted he just stop it all now. Drop down, and give in. Realize he might never see him again. Instead of an internal war waging, he turned to see he'd been followed.

"Cannon." His eyes fell upon him. Though they had little to travel. They were the same height now. He stepped away from the den, and the Tainn had to make an effort not frown as he sensed he was afraid. Silently, he brushed his dark muzzle to the side of his head. Just a small reassuring touch he'd done since he was tiny. "I was planning to see if there's still a pack here. Let them hopefully keep an eye out for...him.

(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2017, 02:27 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive Pup
Cannon Tainn

'Just him..? What about mom..?' The boy thought, though in the back of his mind he knew his father was probably worried about her too. "Ah.." Cannon sullenly replied, taking a few quick sniffs to the crisp winter air. "Well, I don't smell nobody here dad. But, oh, maybe snow can cover that up..?" No need to make the man feel like an idiot. He was going through enough as is. And hell, maybe snow really could cover scents up. This was Cannons first winter after all, seasonal knowledge wasn't exactly his forte just yet.

"Is that all you were doing? Are you gonna go look for more packs to tell? Maybe I could come with you.. And.. We could tell them to look for mom too!" Even though the pair would wander back on their own any day now. Maybe Suka went off in search for their mother, forgot to tell anybody, and stopped for a quick hunt just on the way! There were so many logical reasons, why was everyone so worried? But hey, if it would make his father feel better, Cannon wouldn't mind spending some one on one with him like this for a while.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He thought he could see the question. "Treyah put the word out for your mother first." Sadly. Still, he was trying his best to believe she was alive out there somewhere. One of the toughest wolves he knew. Even if the chances seemed to thin by each passing day.

An ear twitched. This place did seem empty, but he didn't want to write it off. "It can," he offered. "I think the pack is a bit further too. Gotta go north, then west some. Then we'll know for sure." Speaking to Cannon if it was something basic made things a little easier. After all he still had two children here, counting on him. They were not yearlings yet.

"Yes. There's this one, and one in the thickets. Willow Ridge, but kinda wanted to get to these ones." The ones near the crime scene.

The hope, and positiveness that fell from him was hard to take. Somehow he kept his dark facade from cracking, even if he felt his heart drop. The idea Naira and Suka would be easily found was both terrible, and endearing to endure. Who was to say they wouldn't? But, Triell knew what a bitter pill cold reality was. He had taken it many times. Still....there was no need to take this from his son. The goodness, the light. The Tainn managed a sideways smile, if he might have seen a ghost of his own young self. "Your company would be appreciated, and there is plenty of land to cover." It was all he could say without tripping on his dry tongue. He motioned for them to continue, letting Cannon pick direction. Once more having to push against the tide of shadowed doubts.

(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2017, 11:55 PM by Triell.)
Inactive Pup
Cannon Tainn

So snow could wash away markers and other scents, Cannon would make sure to retain that information for a later date. It would probably be pretty crucial knowledge if he ever decided to travel or anything. "Willow Ridge..." He'd never heard of it. Or at the very least if he had, he hadn't been paying attention enough to remember. It was weird, growing older. Just a few months ago the Tainn wouldn't of been able to comprehend that other packs could and do exist. His world was much smaller back then. 'Wish the world coulda just stayed that small. Then we would'a found 'em by now.' he briefly frowned.

"Ah, really? Thanks dad!" Cannon smiled, not exactly expecting to get such an easy yes out of Triell. "Alright then, let's get to work!" He grinned, hoping his company would cheer the man up some. "Then let's go uhhhh, that way!" maintaining his grin, the pup began to continue on north-ish, sure that they'd find something that way. "Everything's gonna be okay dad. I think they will probably come back on their own. Actually, I think Suka's gonna bring mom back. He's really smart you know, so please don't worry anymore.."

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

"The Ridge is further south. I don't know much about them, but the wolves I've met from there don't give me much to dislike." Sven, and Enoki were all right in his book. They seemed to be sticking to themselves these days. Which didn't exaclty bother him. The wolves of the Draw were doing the same thing. Still, he wasn't exactly eager to go down there just to share some bad news.He would still not forgot Naira's ill feelings.

The almost yearling seemed surprised he wasn't shunned back home. Triell gave a faint laugh."When I was your age I'd seen a great deal of these parts. No reason you can't." There were reasons Triell rather he didn't, but even then he didn't want Cannon to tuck himself away in the Draw. Away from the rest of the world, that wasn't living. Listen to myself. He was definitely old now.

As the young Tainn led out, he kept on his tail. He wanted to believe he couldn't lose his kid, but wasn't going to take the risk. There was no room for error or he would only have one left. Again he was there with sweet promise of everything turning out fine. Triell really had to grin and bare it. It would be nice if things did work out that way, but it was a familiar story just with different wolves.

"Remember keep north,  hopefully we'll soon come across a trail." They just might be close enough to find a hunter's path. All wolves had to eat and leave their pack lands some times. So far there was a lot of undisturbed snow. But, he didn't speak, he was letting Cannon take the lead on all of this.

Inactive Pup
Cannon Tainn

Cannon continued north like his father asked, though truth be told he wasn't exactly sure what he was supposed to be looking for. A trail, sure. But was it a physical trail, or perhaps a scent trail? Either or would probably suffice, though the young pup really didn't want to disappoint the male if he was looking for something specifically. Gods knew Triell had seen enough disappointment these days.

His words of encouragement didn't seem to do any good, upsetting, though Cannon wouldn't let that bother him now. He had to stay strong. For both his father, and his sisters back home. He'd just have to think of a new way to cheer his old man up! "You must travel a lot dad, knowing where all these packs are n' junk." He let a light smile peek through his maw, nothing wrong with a little small talk! Plus, maybe he could dig a couple of cool stories out of the guy while they were looking around! Surely that'd ease some of the tension.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2018, 10:35 AM by Cannon.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

There was still nothing. Something was definately not right, but he didn't point it out. Not quite. The prick of disapointment adding to the count Though, it wasn't nessacarily the empty woods fault. If the pack wasn't here they had their reasons and not really knowing them it could be at least a dozen or so why they were not here any more. But, he highly doubted any of it were related to his son's own absence. Orange eyes shift from the landscape to Cannon.

"I use to. When we get back to the Draw I'll have to show you my favorite place, " he replied. Since he'd been ill it had seem like ages since he had traveled. None the less it was good to be doing something. Even if his efforts seemed fruitless.

"Have you thought about what you want to do for the Draw? Travel is a requirement for a scout."