728 Users Online
Google, Bing

Cause I'm tired, I'm sick I don't feel like going home at all — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
For the Willow woofs, special tags for @Ravenna and @Adeltra

Elias was anything but sneaky, but he tried, he really really did.

He felt guilty about leaving the heights so soon after he'd joined but... come on, surely a quick little trip wouldn't do any harm. He'd made it clear to the Lord and Lady of the Heights that he had every intention of continuing his search for Thuban, so this venture was nothing in the grand scheme of things. And, because he was a good boy he'd try and catch something on the way back. Nothing big, or impressive like an elk or a moose, but with winter biting at their heels every little helped. Or at least that's what he'd heard someone say long long ago. They were probably dead now...oh. Suddenly that saying didn't seem to nice anymore.

Shaking his head, Elias continued to meander through the trees. Surely this was the place, right? Ravenna had said her home was called Willow Ridge and this place was certainly....willowy to say the least.

He hadn't intended to follow through on her offer so quickly but, well here he was. A coward, running away from his responsibilities and right into his friends arms.

Teetering to a stop, Elias took in a deep breath and heck ! This had to be it, a border if he'd ever sniffed one. Elias had developed a bad habit as of late, whenever he approached borders he hesitated, faffed about like a woman searching for something in her purse. Well no more! He would try and be more decisive, he'd get stuff done sooner rather than later. Hopefully, maybe.

Tilting his head skywards, he let out a call, a conversational summons that said something along the lines of 'hey hey hey.'

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Her daily (or so she tried) trails around the borders of her home, marking them and seeking out any visitors, went for the time being an boring and uneventful and ever. Before she would use this opportunity to perhaps scour out for herbs, or even hunt down something small for the caches, but with winter beginning, this proved less and less likely so. With Sven gone on his mission to Charred Ash Draw, she knew that he would not be there to answer the call of the wolf hollering at her doorstep. Though after a pause and a tugging on her memory, she realized she knew that voice calling out to the wolves of Willow Ridge.

She would call back to the man, allowing him to know she was on her way, as she headed towards the eastern borders of her home where the terrain began to become more rocky before moving into the heights - her brother's territory, or one of them, at least. "Elias...?" She spoke the name almost questioningly, for in the distance she swore it was him though did not think she would see that man again, at least not anytime soon, despite his promise to visit her.

Trotting up quickly to her borders, her tail waved delicately behind her, trying oddly for some reason to mask some of the excitement of seeing him again. Though when she got close enough, she could smell her brother's pack on him, causing her tail to stop waving and a single ear turning back in question. "I didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon... And with the scent of my brother's pack on you?" She spoke, her eyes baring down on him perhaps far too much as she waited for answers.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Ravenna didn't leave him waiting too long. Soon enough she emerged, like moonlight through the trees, and greeted him with all the elegance and grace she'd displayed back in that cavern. Unable to stop himself, his response wasn't quite as refined as hers. His tail-and by extension, butt- wiggled from side to side as he shot her a goofy, if not heartfelt grin. It was good to see a familiar face again, someone who didn't view him as a burden or an outlier.

"Yeah it's me!"He reassured her, as though he could be mistaken for anyone else, bird-feet and all.

Even when she approached he took care not to rush forward to meet her, as excited as he was-and he was very excited- Elias still firmly held onto his manners. Friend or not, he couldn't invite himself into her home like that.

"Ah yes..."Elias trailed off sheepishly. If he could have rubbed the back of his neck he would have, so instead he made do with a weak shrug as he looked up at the willow's icy canopy."You see-well the thing is...my search hasn't gone so well and I..."There was no way he could put it without sounding weak, pathetic. 'I wanted to give in, I got lonely and tired and feel like filth', doesn't exactly sound good, now does it?

"I need a little me time, you know? I'm still looking for Thuban and I will find him...just maybe not right now."

That still sounded awful, like he was dancing around the fact that he'd lost hope.

"Your brother leads Aurora Heights?"Elias supposed it made sense, he had Archer in his name too. Heck, this place was crawling with Archers, it was like he couldn't walk a step without bumping into one."I joined them the other day...I guess I missed the mountain more than I thought, haha. But yeah, I wanted to see you again, see the Willows for myself. It's nice...very willowy."

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
When Elias’ call had gone up she’d been all the way across the territory. She groaned, tired of having to bunny hop over all these huge snow drifts. She was only so tall and they were so...so...snowy! And annoying! Turning in the direction of the call she took off at a canter, billows of hot air coming from her jaws in white puffs as it turned into clouds in the cold air. It took her a good amount of time to get there and when she arrived she was huffing and puffing all over the place. “I...Hi...Elias. It’s really...good to see you,” she wheezed, plopping down onto her rump. You’d think from all her wandering she’d be in excellent shape but she was still a little malnourished which made her get winded faster than she normally would. She let the two continue their conversation while she caught her breath.
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
"I don't blame you." Ravenna quickly respond after Elias mentioned having not yet found his friend, though still planned on trying with some down time. "With winter coming it's best you didn't go out traveling around on your own. I say still ask around but maybe you could pick it back up stronger come spring." She could only suggest, assuming Eskil, whom had left the pack during the summer months, had done the same thing yet in search for his sister instead. She wouldn't blame him for he did good work in the pack while he was here. Still, a goodbye should have been warranted.

She nodded to Elias question about it being her brother leading the Heights along with his sister, confirming this. The man would surely be surprised further when she found out another one of her siblings was in leadership of his own pack as well.

Secretly, she would have liked it if when Elias did decide to settle down and not go back home for any reason, he would have within her own pack. Though he mentioned missing the mountainside and knowing he would eventually get back to his mission and return to his home pack, she guessed it was better off this way. "This forest has always been peaceful to me. Not confining as some thicker forests nor as open as the tundra with little cover and shelter. It's just right." Or so she felt anyhow.

After just a moment or two longer, Adeltra came by then, saying hello to Elias which very obviously made Ravenna realize she must have met up with him on her travel back home. After all, Adeltra had not left the lands since then and Ravenna couldn't blame her. Surely it had been hard our on her own at such a young age and just before winter's full swing. "I take it you've met my cousin?" She speaks to Elias and she turns to face him once more.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias was on top of the world, floating on cloud nine. His troubles seemed so far away when he was surrounded by friends. At Adeltra's words he beamed all the more, as bright as the summer sun. He was relieved beyond words she'd gotten home safely, for this was where she belonged, at home amongst the drooping, but charming willows. He could see why they liked it here, open but not so much so that it was vulnerable to the cold winds of winter.

When it got cold in the mountains it was almost as though nature itself was trying to chase them from their home. Any other wolves would have no doubt retreated to lower terrain, but not the Selwyns. They were made of sterner stuff, they liked the challenge and came out the other end stronger, with firmer resolves. Or at least that's what Elias had been told. Maybe they were just stubborn, or hoighty, these days Elias couldn't tell and at times wondered if they were one of the same.

" I have, yeah. We met not far from Charred Ash Draw."He said, his tail wagging a little faster at the memory. Then it slowed and swayed to a stop as the smile drained from his expression."I was supposed to bring Thuban as well but...Ravenna is right though,winter is not the time to go wandering off!"Which was exactly what he'd just done. Whoops. Ah well, he would return to the Heights soon enough.

"It didn't take long to get here, so I could visit whenever....If you like?"He asked, feeling a sudden if not baffling wave of nervousness. Would they assume he was being a pest, like the other's used to? What if he got in their way? Talked too much?

Shame shame shame shame.

He dipped his head down and glanced up at the duo, hoping that he wasn't intruding, or worst yet, stepping over bounds.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
When Ravenna asked if they’d met before she let Elly answer but she gave a little nod of her own. She’s regained her breath and now simply waited, listening to the conversations. She was intrigued to learn that Elias has joined a pack, though clearly it wasn’t theirs and a part of her was disappointed. Still she couldn’t blame him, at least he was settled down somewhere and they knew where he was. “Yeah, if you’re somewhere you don’t know it’s probably better to hunker down,” she’d learned that the hard way.

When he mentioned coming back she nodded enthusiastically. “That’d be awesome! And don’t worry about not finding Thuban yet, I’m sure he’s here somewhere. It might take a little while, but look at me! I found my way back,” she said brightly.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Adeltra nodded a silent confirmation of their knowing of one another and Elias explained that they had met near the Draw. This not only meant that Elias met Adeltra while she was on her way home, but that Elias had listened to Ravenna's suggestion to go north to the packs there to ask about his friend. He must have turned back, moving up into the mountains and down again to have run into Greer's pack. Ether way, running into Morganna, herself, the Draw wolves and Aurora Heights without yet finding his friend mist have been off putting for him. Still, Elias had a way of being ever optimistic.

Her cousin and friend then went back and forth, talking about how now that it was winter he should settle down, if at least for a little bit for his own survival. If Thuban was smart, he was doing the same.

When Elias explained that getting here had not taken long as all compared to the distance needed to get to other packs, he thought he might visit more often. Adeltra was excited and offered him hope yet still that he would find his former packmate. "Of course." Ravenna confirmed to Elias it was okay to visit with a smile on her mug and a swaying of her tail. "Our packs are allies, after all." Her eyes moved then to her cousin and back to the man. "And we are all friends." She beamed, Her tail continuing to sway behind her. "How about we show you around a bit?"

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Adeltra told him not to worry but...that was like telling a fish not to swim, a bird not to fly. Worrying was what Elias did best, and these days there was so much on his plate it felt as though he didn't have much time to do anything else. He truly believed that Thuban was out there, somewhere, alive and well. But hoping only got him so far these days, he wanted to see him with his own two eyes, to tackle him and give him the biggest, longest hug ever.

If Thuban was okay with that, of course.

Elias did look at her, and what a sight she was. Happy, safe and at home, where she belonged. If she'd managed to find her way back home, then what was stopping him from finding his friend? Cowardice, loneliness, his crushing sense of self-esteem? Probably all three.

He wasn't here to drag his friends down with him, this was a good day, a happy day. Especially when Ravenna said she was fine with him visiting, their packs were allies, it was totally normal to drop by every now and then...for pack reasons.

"Yeah!"He paused and gave himself a mental kick up the arse. Overeager much? "I mean, yes, I'd really like that."

He didn't want to impose-he'd never want that, he was a good boy-but having a nose about in someone's home seemed exciting, like an adventure almost. He wanted to know how the other half lived, and this was a good chance to have a quick glance into the lives of the wolves of the Ridge.

"Have your family lived here long?"He wondered aloud as he glanced up at the towering willows.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Ravenna confirmed her words and she smiled at her in thanks. Upon her return the dark girl had started to notice the increase of kindness that the silvery woman had been showing. Of course she’d always known that the alphaess was kind, but for some reason she’d always seemed like someone far away to her. The dark Archer child decided that she’d chalk it up to being young before her disappearance and not being able to really grab ahold of personality types. In fact, she wanted to spend more time with Ravenna if she could. She seemed strong and knowledgeable, confident but not overpowering. Like she was born for the role. Adeltra wanted to be like that.

When her cousin offered to let them show him around her eyes lit up. The girl loved their home, everything about it and wanted to show its wonder to anyone deemed worthy enough. Luckily, Elias seemed just as excited to see it. His easy going attitude was growing on her. It was nice to see an adult not so weighed down even though he was going through a hard time. In fact, it made him pretty strong in the young girl’s eyes.

Addy waited for Rav to take the lead, letting her take them where she thought best. The girl was just happy to be along for the ride. Her auds swiveled to catch his question and her amber-yellow gaze turned to the lead female. She knew they were an old bloodline but there were still things that she didn’t know. This was great, she could learn things too!