(See All?) Announcements
364 Users Online
Google, Bing, Juniper, Adelard, Chan, Apollo

historic cemetery — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
For @Reyes || January 15th, Dusk, Fog, 10°F (-12°C)

When the fog rolled in, Hawthorne desperately wished for it to go away. There was a panic that had built in her chest from the lack of sight of the land. There was a lost feeling rooting itself into the usually confident girl. So she had fled home from the surrounding forest. Hawthorne had been lost once and she had been lucky enough to be rescued but twice was too many times. Not to mention she doubted she'd have the same luck. Nor was she looking to get lost. Shallows Edge was where she was firmly planted now.

Anxiously she strolled about the shallows icy edge. Despite being home, she couldn't shake the lost feeling. She had half a mind to seek out Sachiel or Askan but would they wanna see her like this? It was just the fog she was anxious about. Surely they'd laugh at the girl who tried to fight bears and climbed skeleton hills being scared of fog.

For now she was stuck in her spot, haunting the shallows until she could find it in her to go crawl off to the den.

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Gabriel vastly preferred the night – if he had his way, he’d sleep the daylight hours away altogether.  Alas, he was no longer a single man, and had a mate to consider; the dusk soon became his favored haunting hour.  The older alpha rolled in with the fog, icy bits clinging to his silvery guard hairs as he jogged, pausing at the edge of the large pool for a drink.  His plans stopped there, find Askan maybe, or check on the pack cache--  But he didn’t think too hard, because he noticed one of the pups lurking not so far from where he’d stopped.

The pup he dragged in, in fact, and then withdrew.  It had nothing to do with Hawthorne.  The male’s moods were mercurial at best.  “Hey chica,” he woofed softly, tail giving a small twitch.  “You aren’t thinkin’ of swimmin’ in this shit, are ya?”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

"Hey chica,"

She almost jumped out of her fur worried she was being found in her frantic state. A tightness gripped her chest before it let go as orange eyes fell upon a familiar form. The scarred form of her superior was a blessing to see in the midst of the fog. Hawthorne owed him big time ever since he found her lost int he Fjord. They had drifted apart but she had no doubt that @Askan kept him in the loop with her shenanigans.

I, uh, She stared out into the lake before looking back at Reyes. No. The girl finally got the simple word out longer than she had expected. Don't think @Sachiel wants me getting soaked with cold water before crashing on him. It would be a good prank without a doubt but sadly it involved her having to get drenched to the bone.

What have ya been up to? Her voice was mellow, trying to maintain her cool. Maybe if she just focused on Reyes the lost feeling would go away.

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

"S'good."

Drifting might not have been the right term, not exactly. It would imply there was a relationship at all, and after all the ups and downs with Cotton resulting in a final abandonment - one Reyes decided to stop pursuing - he'd been a bit hesitant to do that again. Even if these weren't just packmates anymore. This was his pack. Like he'd never learned his lessons back at Blackwatch Canyon.

He still wasn't sure if he'd taken anything away from that shitshow at all.

"You remind me of someone." What a stupid thing to say. That was literally inviting questions. Reyes shook his head, racking his mind for an answer to Hawthorne's first inquiry. Maybe she wouldn't notice. Or wasn't paying attention. "Pack stuff, I guess. Borders. Hunting. Being social is Askan's gig, I guess, not mine." But he'd always known that. The dark male had recruited…what? Four, five, six wolves to Wild Rye Fields when he'd recruited a solid one?

(Part of him regretted that he hadn't pushed harder for @Neko to come with them to Shallow's Edge.)

"What about you? Pup stuff?"

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]