394 Users Online
Apolline, Bing, Oleander, Google, Juniper, Apollo

have you got a ladybug? — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 7 posts.
16th January - Night, new moon.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night
Jayseden Archer-Lyall

The boy had always been a little different from his siblings and he knew it made his mother worry, especially when he had started spending so much time with the guardians. Not the big, burly, in your face kind, but the smaller, quieter ones that made a habit of keeping their own presence low. The sort that would sneak in and deal with a problem, then be long gone again before you ever realised they'd been there. He was barely a novice, and he should have stayed in Torbine with Kagehide and Muramasa, but they had urged him to go after his mother and look after his siblings. He could only take that to mean that they might have plans on joining him later.

Jayse had quickly grown tired of their noise, however, and made his exit as silently as he entered, appearing now and then so they knew he was still alive, before melting between the snow and the trees once more. He preferred to travel by night anyway, and it was much easier to survive of carrion if you weren't fighting four other mouths for the scraps that others had left behind. He had noticed when they seemed to branch off to the east, the ghost of a familiar smirk passing his lips as he continued to the west. She had always described the willows as west of the mountain and now, he thought he could just make out the canopies against the star-dusted sky, no light to speak of for the darkness of a new moon.

She had been by recently, his father too. He almost thought that he might have heard her howl this morning as he was putting his head down to rest, but now the night was upon him, and it was time to move.

North, or west?

Played by Pinn who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Jayse was always.. a little different from the others. He was quiet where they were loud, level-headed where they were impulsive, calm where they were chaos. She liked it though. There was no ushering him around, or trailing after him when he went off on his own. She didn't have to. For that reason the masked girl often felt herself gravitate towards his creamy form for a respite from the whirlwind the others caused. This night was no exception, as she pushed forward to leave the other's to their own defenses, if only for the moment.

A smile passed over her lips as his creamy form came into view. Offering a chuff to let him know she was there, the youth padded onward to close the gap between them. "Yer could 'elp me with 'em anytime, yer know?" The words fell playfully from her lips, knowing full well that he wasn't about to help her wrangle up the mess that the Archer's caused.

Message me for threads! Especially if you've got an Archer or a Lyall!
Jayseden Archer-Lyall

An ear had turned towards his sister but his head didn't follow. She was no threat and so he felt no need to react, her words met with the ghost of a smirk as dark eyes continued to survey their surroundings. "Is that so, Little Lady?" A brow arched as he finally turned to look at his sister, the hint of a tease clear on his slightly curved lips. They were from different worlds and she didn't even know it, her name meant 'Light' and he was destined for a life in the dark, but that didn't mean he wouldn't support her where he could. Side-stepping to bump against her flank he continued, "Not like I'd be heard over that ruckus anyway."

[Image: jaysesig_by_becuffin-dc0d6s7.png]
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Her eyes caught the movement of his ear as it swiveled back, and her own dark ears perked forward in response. Aside from that Jayse made no motion to indicate that he knew she was there at all. Such a reaction did not deter the youth, because she knew that was just how he was. When his voice finally did reach her ears, Nellie hummed a response. Were she a little more like Tilly, she might have tried to goad him into it with some pity party about how hard taking care of their siblings was. Hell, even if she did, Jayse would see right though it.

The collision of his body into her's caught the Archer unaware, but Nellie was quick to counter. Digging her weight into the snow, she made an attempt at shoving her shoulder into his side. He was bigger, sure, but not that much bigger. "Migh' be fun ter watch yer try?" The scene played out quite comically in her head.

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2018, 05:14 AM by Nellie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Jayseden Archer-Lyall

Might be fun indeed, but so was pushing boulders down the mountain on ususpecting travellers and he knew better than to get caught doing something like that. "Maybe if we had some magnolia bark on hand, no?" It was far too cold for valerian or lavender, but he hadn't seen any of the trees that would support the pink and white flowers with the warmth either. At least if they were a little drowsy, he might manage to get a word in edgeways. If they passed out entirely, well between them he was sure they could drag the others at least a few meters closer to their final destination. "Did you hear?" He questioned, wondering if the howl had all been in his midday nap.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Nellie was convinced that their siblings would be able to ward off the effects of even the strongest dose of valerian, but maybe... Not sure if tha'd do th' trick, but 'm willin' ter try." If they could just stay in a group, that would make things a great deal easier. The youth didn't need anymore clarification or context to know that it was the howl he was talking about. "Mmm. She answered with a nod. "They must've set up somewhere." Or they did it intentionally to throw them off? Gods, she'd be pissed if that were the case.

Jayseden Archer-Lyall

Unlike his sister, he didn't suspect his mother was trying to throw them off, not anymore. There had been a while where he wondered if she had switched sides of the mountain to throw them off, but then her trail had been laced with the scent of so many others that he could only assume they had encountered some unexpected situation and she was only just now moving to remedy the situation so her children could find her. "Sounded west. I can scout it out and let you know if our suspicions are correct?" His head canted as he waited for his sister's directions.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Nellie thought about it Jaysden's offer a little longer than she normally would have. Her need to have everyone together, versus her desire to reach their mother had been a constant battle since their departure from Torbine. She considered having them all head out, but he'd be able to get there and back in half the time it would take her to rally the others. "Migh' be best ter have yer go." Then they would know what awaited them for sure. "Be quick about it." The last part was added more as a plea than a demand, but she knew that the Archer brood would do what they wanted regardless.