(See All?) Announcements
379 Users Online
Adora, Google, Miriam, Bing, Hazelnut, Oleander

The more I reach the more I fade away — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias skirted around the eastern reaches of the Willows, his ears flat against his head as his lips were pressed into a worried grimace. The last time he had been in these parts things hadn't gone well at all. That was a massive understatement really, it had all blown up in his face and no amount of damage control could ever repair it. How was he supposed to know that the Height's had quarrelled with the wolves of the Willow before? No one had told him and even if they had what would he have done with such information?

There was no denying tha Elias wanted to see @Ravenna , but even he could see that maybe it wasn't such a good idea right now. The Willows were theirs, not all of it of course but would they take offence to his presence? It wasn't as if Kyna had forbidden him from coming to these parts but what if he got into trouble? Elias whined at the thought.

He was a people pleaser, he wanted to make everyone happy, but when they were on opposing sides it was near impossible. What if he did one thing to help the Heights but just annoyed the Ridge in return? It felt like an impossible balancing act, the sort that made him wonder whether it was even worth it in the end. Why did he bother?

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan was beginning to make a habit out of keeping himself busy as of late. Whether it involved sorting through the medicinal cache, patrolling the borders, checking on the two pups or sniffing around the willows in search of food, like he was now, the male always had something to keep his mind busy. The more tasks he could cram into a day, the better. It was his hope that if he exhausted himself enough, maybe – just maybe – he would be able to sleep through the night without all his worries resurfacing to the forefront of his mind and waking him up.

It hadn’t worked yet, but that didn’t stop the male from trying again day after day.

A determined sigh pushed past his charcoal lips as he forced his lean limbs forwards, pale paws aching as they thumped against the snow covered the ground to propel him onwards through the willows. He should have known better than to move so loud and clumsily whilst on the search for prey, but a part of him wished the drag out the hunt. The sound of scuttling prey echoed out from the underbrush all around him, causing his russet ears to swivel atop his head as he moved, though as soon as he turned to investigate the sound ceased – as prey seemingly vanished into the shadows.

Grunting softly, Lorcan didn’t bother to stop or turn around, not until a strong scent reached his nose. Immediately slowing his pace, his black-tipped tail lifted with interest as he abandoned his half-hearted attempt at hunting and sought out the Aurora Height’s wolf. He soon spotted the blonde agouti between the draping bows of the willows. It was the same one who had flopped down belly-up in the snow during the confrontation. A single brow raised as Lorcan studied the submissive male for a moment, before he finally advanced towards him.

“Are you out here looking for Revon?” Lorcan asked, his expression serious as he gave a soft tilt of his head.
(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2018, 07:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias wasn't left to ponder for long. Soon enough a tawny shape emerged through the trees, shorter than himself and with eyes that weren't the right sort of yellow. It took him a moment or so to realise it, but wasn't that one of the wolves who'd been there on that dreadful day? He rattled his mind, looking for a name he could put to his face but there was none to be found. This man was a mystery to Elias , as was the whole Archer drama he had unwittingly gotten all tangled up in. 

Offering him a brief but cheerful wag of his tail in greeting, Elias opened his mouth so explain but promptly snapped it shut. What was he supposed to say? That wasn't why he was here, but if he said as much wouldn't it give the impression he- and by extension, Aurora Heights- didn't care? He'd never thought of such nonsense before, nothing could be further from the truth but he was painfully aware that what he said could reflect badly. Or worse yet, cause relations between the two packs to deteriorate all the more.

Shuffling nervously, Elias stared down at his bird feet for a long hard moment before he, finally gained the nerve to look up at the wrong yellow eyes of this nameless Ridge wolf. About damn time too. He'd already made a show of his cowardice before, there was no need to further smear his own reputation in the dirt.

"We haven't stopped looking for her- which isn't to say I think you have her hidden away or something!"He babbled, his words flooding out of his mouth like a overflowing river.

Once he'd said it all and it was out there, hanging in the air like a bad smell he realised how pathetic he sounded. Again. Couldn't he do anything right? Probably not, but he'd already come to accept that by now, the world just seemed determined to remind him over and over,just in case he forgot.

He huffed as his gaze flickered to the dark sky above. The sun was already retreating over the horizon, gone into hiding, probably reeling from a bad case of secondhand embarrassment. Sorry sun, please come back tomorrow.

"I actually...well the thing is- I wanted to speak with Ravenna."He admitted finally, looking at the strange Willow wolf once more.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The male seemed nervous, uncomfortable even, as Lorcan looked at him waiting for a response to his question. He tilted head a little further, expectantly, wondering what could be causing the male to react in the way he was. Lorcan, as far as he aware, did not appear intimidating. His expression might have been serious, for the missing pup was a serious matter, but he had not gone out of his way to appear dominant and intimidating like he was sure some other wolves would have done if they had found a wolf from another pack sniffing around near their territory.

Lorcan’s tail lowered slowly, taking on a more neutral and relaxed position behind him as he watched the blonde wolf shuffle awkwardly on his paws and waited for him to once again give eye contact. The answer that finally spilled out of the wolf caused a single brow to raise. “Well that’s good to know because I can assure you that we haven’t.” The agouti male explained, his tone low by not aggressive. Still, Lorcan was beginning to get suspicious. “If you aren’t out here looking for Revon and you’re not spying on us, then what are you doing here so close to our borders?” Surely after everything that had happened and been said that day at Fireweed Rise, the blonde wolf could understand that his actions seemed a bit suspect. When the male finally admitted the actual reason for him being there, Lorcan’s eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed cautiously.

“Is it something important you wish to discuss with her? Because if it is, I could call her now for you. Or you could just tell me and I’ll be happy to relay the message for you?” Truthfully, Lorcan was curious to know what he wanted to talk to @Ravenna about, and so hoped that he would be able to hang around long enough to hear what the pair discussed if he did end up calling for her.

# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias did want to see her but...he was feeling a little chicken about it all. On one paw it would be far better to get it all over and done with. But on the other he didn't want to get hurt or run the risk of wounding her in one way or another. It would never be his intention to but...what if it all went wrong somehow? Things often did, he couldn't help but be afraid.

"Well I uh-" He hadn't thought this through well at all, now had he? To leap without looking was to fall, and if he did that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to get back up. "I...maybe you could pass on a message to her, I wouldn't want to disturb her if she was busy. I know how hectic it can get leading a pack and all, I'm sure she has much to do." His recovery was feeble at best but at least he had tried.

Perhaps if he conveyed the message it would come across better? He did seem to be to able to hold himself pretty damn well, no stumbling or stuttering, just strong and sure. Everything Elias was supposed to be.

"I'm Elias by the way! I'm sorry- I never learned your name, sir."

He couldn't help but wonder if he was yet another nice Willow wolf, he seemed good so far. Wasn't yelling or growling, he hadn't even flashed his teeth once. So really, all was going well. His tail emerged out from between his legs as he held himself a little taller, his shoulders not so heavy and hunched.

"I didn't know about the uh...drama between the packs when I joined."Elias  admitted, hoping he would understand his dilemma. "I don't- I don't like being caught in the middle. Seeing everyone mad isn't good."