(See All?) Announcements
654 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Adora, Sophrosnia

when we return — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Wandering the expanse of where she imagined grass grew strong and flowers beautiful and lean, Anastasia traveled through. With the change in location for XIX's pack, she had been determined to make a fresh start for herself but already she had hit a knot in her rope. Her new start had come to meet Inna to which she seemingly had been lost to whatever drama had happened and if she had been told, she certainly didn't remember it now. A lot had happened before her return and after, though she might as well have not been here for the past month either. Ana had drifted in and out, wandering alone and turning around whenever she spotted company. That was her change and she wanted to reach out to others again. It was hard to say what that meant for her future but she wondered if Lachesis saw differently. If he was uncomfortable with her being here since everything had changed. Did she need to move on so that she could be happier elsewhere? Ana believed she was happy here but she also knew that her opportunities were rather thin in comparison to years ago. Her aspirations had changed dramatically and seeing as she was coming up on seven years, she had to draw out that wasn't getting younger. Anastasia wanted to find someone who looked at her the way any woman wants to be looked at. She wanted to have children that looked just like her and more. That was what anyone would want, right?

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Since the move Lachesis had kept busy. Patrolling borders, establishing borders, visiting the neighbours. He had not really gotten a chance to actually enjoy their new home. But there would be lots of time for that in the future, for he did not intend on moving the pack a fourth time. Mostly because he did not think any of the members would comply. Plus, after shuffling around so much, the last thing Lachesis wanted was to move again. Maksim had told him that he intended to spend the rest of his days in Hearthwood, which he had, and Lachesis planned on remaining in Driftwood until his final days.

The ghost knew that he would have to make a trip or two back to Hearthwood to collect some of the herbs he’d left behind, for he wanted to set up another infirmary in their new home (with the help of @Andre, of course). Today, however, something else caught his attention. The trail of his former travelling companion, Anastasia. It alarmed him that her path went further west, away from the Surge. She wasn’t planning on leaving again, was she? His heart sank at the thought. She had been quiet since her return, keeping to herself and occasionally tending to the children. Amusing them and keeping them occupied. She did her duties without complaint but she certainly was not as involved as the others, which made him worry.

Hey, he called out as he spotted her pale figure in the distance, his tail swaying gently behind him. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There hadn't been a single thought of actually desiring to leave since her return. It was there in the back of her head but it was more the ongoing worry that she'd get up one day and just walk away. That she would get to a point where she felt overwhelmed in her solitude that she just made the decision to go. Luckily, her head was still on and she was trying as hard as she could to finally make a place for herself here. It felt weird now suddenly wondering if it was weird for her to be here when she had so much history with XIX. More history than anyone here and yet she really wasn't much of a threat.

So when she is greeted by the sound of said history, she turns her head and immediately finds her heart pounding a little extra. In his eyes she would always see the sweet companion that she had known so many years ago but he had strengthened and molded himself into something stronger. Something that she would have never foreseen but had always hoped for. Hey, she cooed quietly as she turned her small body around to face him. It seems I missed a few things, she gives a breathy laugh and clicks her teeth, I found Inna. Found, stumbled across... right outside the borders but she didn't want to get the raven woman in trouble if she wasn't meant to be there. What happened? Surely XIX could bestow some wisdom on her beacuse she didn't foresee him casting someone away that didn't deserve it.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A soft smile unfolded across his pale features as he padded toward her, his head tipping to the side as she spoke. It seems I missed a few things—oh?—I found Inna. Oh. That. The smile began to fade but his demeanour remained friendly; approachable. The china doll had not been around long enough to know the details of why Inna had been left behind in the Kingswood. She had steered clear of the pack drama, keeping to herself and not involving herself in the affairs of others. Which had been both good and bad, as she had been spared of the stress Lachesis (and his packmates) had endured. But she had also been left in the dark and did not understand why a wolf as loyal as the ebony Baranski had not joined them in the move.

He sighed first, his shoulders sagging as he studied her pale features, his ears twitching as he debated on where to start. A lot of things happened. His brows pinched tight as he spoke, causing worry lines to form in his forehead. It started in the spring, when she bred without permission. Her mother had allowed her to stay, despite breaking pack law, and I complied as well. She had been like a daughter to me; the last thing I wanted was to kick her out when she was pregnant. But, perhaps, that was what should have happened. She never disclosed who the father was, but we later found it was Lorcán, who had left Whitestone Monadnock to join Hearthwood. But that was never the issue. I never cared who the father was. He shrugged once more, his tail flicking uncomfortably behind him. Things had taken a turn for the worse after Kisla passed. Her daughter, Risaela, had run off after witnessing her death. Fortunately, our neighbours in Wild Rye had found her and taken her in. Inna and Lorcán had gone to look for her and ended up at their borders… and things did not go well. She had been rude to their leader, Jessie (a relative of Kisla’s), and I learned about her behaviour after encountering one of Jessie’s subordinates, who is close friend of mine. Inna was angry with me for believing the words of another instead of her own, even though I had no reason not to trust what Reyes had told me. He, and his mate Askan, had always been honest with me. His tongue felt heavy from overuse but he needed to get the words out while they sat in the back of his throat. She did not take her punishment well. But, she never took any of them well. I feel like after we dismissed her pregnancy she took advantage of us. I’m not even sure she was aware of what she was doing. She had isolated herself from the rest of the pack after her mother’s death, along with her daughter, which strained everyone’s relationship with both of them. We tried to help her. Talk to her. Keep her daughter busy. But she acted as though we were all against her… He cleared his throat, his worry lines growing deeper as he continued: There was no place for her in Hearthwood anymore. Or in Driftwood. I took Oksana with us as a favour to her. I do not wish her any harm, but she was toxic. Especially when it came to her younger sister, Risaela, who she had gotten in a confrontation with prior to our departure.

He finally stopped, his chartreuse gaze settling on the blue-eyed dove as a weak smile traced his pale features. I’m sorry, he added, his voice softer than it had been before, it's a lot of information to take in.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

In some alternate universe, she had assumed that it would be a simple oh, she did this and that rather than a plethora of things that had happened in effect. Anastasia immediately regretted not being a little more friendly towards her friend at first rather than launching right into subtly accusing him of something that she knew so little of. She respected him and always would, but when she didn't have the answers at her toes she had to ask.

There were names thrown around that immediately sent her back and she had to weave her way through them to gather her bearings. Names that were thrown because Anastasia knew them. The pale dove got lost a little when Lachesis mentioned Kisla and subsequently went into saying that her daughter ran off. Immediately, Ana assumed that Risaela was Kisla's daughter (or that was what was conveyed) thought it was questionable when Lorcan and Inna supposedly went looking for her, together.

Then, there it was - the cherry on top and the final piece that suddenly made Anastasia realize how much had truly changed. Risaela was named as a daughter of Kisla (she had been correct after all!) and a sister to Inna, though the relation as to the rest of the lineage lay in question. As soon as all was said and done the pale woman stood in the quiet storm. Her mind twirling around all the events that had transpired, wishing that she could somehow continue believing that Inna had done nothing wrong and that it was just a misunderstanding.

Truthfully, she could still go on believing that but XIX was still the closest thing she had to a best friend. She would always believe him over anyone else, but Ana would continue to be optimistic that Inna was a good individual. She was simply too driven when it came to finding her younger sister. What of her daughter? How does she feel about what happened? From what Inna had confessed, her daughter didn't seem to want to have anything to do with her and was better off not having Inna involved in her life. It didn't mean that Anastasia was going to leave it all alone because no mother should have to be separated from their children. Ana understood why Inna couldn't be a member here any longer but Inna should still be allowed to visit, right?

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2018, 04:13 AM by Anastasia.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He immediately regretted bombarding the dove with so much information. It was a lot to digest all at once. Lachesis could only imagine what Inna had told her in their meeting, for the raven had a way with words and getting others to feel sorry for her. Despite everything that happened he still felt sorry for her, but not in the way that Anastasia or Lilya did. He was sorry that she had lost her mother. That she had not gotten a chance to properly grieve because she was worrying over a missing sister (who she believed had abandoned them) and tending to her own daughter. That she felt as though the pack had not supported her, even though they had tried. He hoped this would be good for her—that she would learn from her mistakes and get a chance to move on. Being in Hearthwood had not been good for anyone and he worried that the cedars (and the ghosts) would eventually drive her mad.

Madder than she currently was.

I’m not sure, he confessed, his expression tight as he spoke, I don’t think Inna gave her a choice in staying or coming with us. He wanted what was best for the little crow, and would keep her safe as long as he could (as long as she wanted). Lachesis just hoped she did not end up like her mother, and forged her own path instead of following Inna’s. Before her mother’s death the older Baranski had been a model subordinate. She would arrive at border calls promptly (and often before Lachesis), hunt for the pack, scout for information… he hoped Oksana would develop those qualities over time. 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The dove, as usual, had a heart that hurt for the separated mother and daughter. For all the wrongs that had happened and all the split ideas, wild decisions and cut connections. It certainly gave Anastasia a worried and sad expression, finding that she wanted to believe that everything was just misunderstood. XIX and had always been honorable, he saw the best in others and was the type to give second chances but nothing more. Perhaps it was just unfortunate as to how everything had played out but the dove still wanted peace.

Did we give her daughter a choice? A fair question but she didn't know how old Inna's daughter was or if the option to leave was open to her yet. In light of gathering her feet beneath her once more, Ana was set to learn as much as she could about all that had transpired. Perhaps even setting forth to learn a role since she had never truly found reason to officially take one on in the past. Scout, Advisor, Historian... they were all nice and held qualities she could keep up with but she just wanted to be whatever the pack needed at this point.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Inna asked me to take care of her, for the winter, he answered, his tone level and neutral and he kept his peridots focused on his oldest friend. I told her as long as Oksana wanted to stay in Driftwood she was welcome. But if she does not want to stay I cannot force her. He shrugged. It was not up to him whether the little crow stayed or not. He would not force her to, even if it meant breaking his promise to Inna. What was more important to the ghost was the younger Baranski’s well-being. She deserved happiness after all the grief she had endured in the Kingswood.

They all did.

The pack struggled while you were gone, he added, a frown cutting deep into his pale features, I wanted to move months ago but most of the members protested. It’s been difficult for us to retain members—to be happy. I believe this move will help us. Even if it did not involve Inna. He did not know if Anastasia would ever understand, as she had been absent for most of their turmoil. The passing of his son. The passing of his friends; his mentors. Maybe it had been a good thing that she had not been present. He did not know how Anastasia would have coped with losing Maksim first-hand, for he had been a close confidant to her as well. 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

As was expected, Lachesis was going to do what he could to take care of the girl over the course of winter. It would have been quite unlike the ghostly leader to not be as favorable as to look after someone while it was too cold to be alone. Inna was a rogue but the woman was older and could manage being a rogue far easier than a child could. After all, Ana knew that it took a whole different breed of character to be a rogue for longer than intended. Of course, she comments off-hand because she didn't imagine Lachesis having cast the girl away simply because her mother had continued to ride the wave against the rest of the pack.

Though, she wasn't prepared for XIX to admit that the pack had gone through a lot in her semi-absence. That things had been a little crazy here and there. I can help out, she adds in as extra measure as she had realized that Hearthwood didn't have a whole lot of members, whatever you want of me. Ana wanted to be useful to him but after all this time she didn't really know how. She didn't know where she fit in.