734 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jadon

flames kissing my back — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Late Night, Clear, 4°F (-16°C)

Something seemed...off. It was as if an air of tension had suddenly spread over the Cove like some sort of fog. She tried to pinpoint when the feeling had crept in. Had the run in with the loner done something? Her neck ached still but she figured she was still the only one recovering from that. What about the calls that had been so close together? Neither had seemed ill at the time but now she wasn't so sure.

Her thoughts smothered her mind making it impossible to sleep. Carefully she slipped away from her hidden spot on the borders, her pace was slow and easy as she followed a path to the lake. Perhaps there she'd find something worthwhile. Or at least something to keep her mind busy until the sun came up.

The scent of the others filled her nose. She avoided them all so easily and she could only hope no one was sharing her same fate this evening. Birtie was not up for a social visit.

That was until she saw the familiar form on the edge of the lake. Her face contorted into something more pensive. Should she break the silence that seemed to surrond them? Perhaps she ought to just turn around and go back to the borders.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

After making sure that Namid was settled in comfortably after her return to the cove Kajika had gone to the lake. The Vuesain woman had dropped the worst kind of news on he and Moonshadow. He was worried how his Co-lead was taking the news but he needed some time to himself before he could even think of helping her in the way that she needed. He'd sat by the frozen water for quite some time, he didn't actually know how long. It almost hadn't registered in his mind that night had fallen.

With the lake frozen the quiet lapping of the ripples didn't hide the footsteps that he heard behind him. He wondered if it was one of his packmates come for a drink of water. Maybe it was Moonshadow who'd come to find out how he was doing. She always did have a back for doing that. Wondering who it was he rose to his feet and turned to find Birtie.

It was in a way funny that she was there on the shore of the lake. Something inside him told him he would have sought her out, found comfort in her cream fur if she allowed it. Yet there she was standing in front of him.

“I'm glad you're here,” he said quietly as he approached her, “I was going to come looking for you later.” He stopped and looked down at his paws brow furrowed for a moment before he looked back at her, “I...um...I got some really bad news today,” he told.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

It was too late for her to turn around. Her paws stayed rooted to the ground as he drew closer, his face falling into something more netural.

“I'm glad you're here,”

She didn't know what to say and so she - in typical Birtie fashion - opted to not say anything. Her lips parted slightly as the dark male spoke he going to come find her. The large female was not particularly fond of the idea of being found. She thought their little spat of caring would have kept him at a length for at least a few days. Seemed he didn't have that kind of sense in his mind, though.

Then his next words reached her ears. Finally she did something. It wasn't much of a something but her ears fell back, grungy yellow eyes still fixed on his face. What about? Her tone was flat and rather devoided of any feelings. What was she to say? Birtie was positive she had already proved she was not the best with conversation or feelings.

And bad news tended to be a mix of both of those things.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

His chest was tight with the pain the news brought him, the thought of watching his former queen slowly fade away was to him unfathomable. He had always known her as strong, a woman who knew what she wanted. He didn't know if he could watch her wither. Instead of him going to the cream woman to seek comfort in her she'd found him. He found see in her face that it was quite by accident but he didn't much care.

Once he noticed her he told her what had happened right a way. She wasn't the best around the bush kind of wolf and he knew she would have gotten easily annoyed had he done that so he spoke of getting bad news before allowing her a chance to respond.

She hadn't said anything yet but she did asked about the news he'd gotten. “The call you heard today, it was one of my former alphas and friend, she's returned to the cove.” That in and of itself was good news but Kajika wasn't finished. He took a deep breath and met Birtie's eyes with his own amber gaze. “She told Moonshadow And myself that she is dying.” As he said the last word he say back on his haunches.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She listened intently, never looking away. If he was going to share the bad news Birtie wanted to make sure she got every last word he spoke. Especially if he planned on making her involved in it too.

Her lips stayed tightly sealed allowing him to get out every word. Her silence lingered even when he finished and reclined. What had he expected to find in her? Birtie was an outsider looking in. She knew little to nothing of the woman and while the death obviously hit the dark male hard, the Parlow felt barely anything. Her face shifted into something thoughtful before it slide back to a neutral look. Shouldn't you be somewhat glad though? She made it from wherever she was back to the Cove despite dying. Perhaps it was blunt but Birtie wasn't done just yet. Not many creatures get to pick where they die. You should be honored she picked to come to the Cove in her last moments and spend it with you. Maybe it was the hard truth, maybe he'd find her too sharp but she wasn't one for cushioning falls.

She leaned back into a sitting position, debating if she should speak more or let that settle in. The large female wouldn't be surprised if her words recieved a bad reaction.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Speaking words out loud cut through him, he hadn't actually said them yet even when he'd been talking to Namid. It was a hard truth that he would have to face but losing Namid only a year after losing Des he didn't know if he could accept it.

He didn't expect Birtie to fall at his feet and tell him that everything thing would he okay. She didn't know Namid or the relationship that he held with his former leader. He had also learned quickly that that just wasn't who the cream coated woman was. So he was prepared for whatever she had to say.

She still surprised him a little as he wasn't expecting what she said, valid points that she gave. He wasn't so consumed by his sadness that he couldn't see that Birtie was right, he should be happy that Namid had come home, honored even that she had chosen the cove as her final resting place. “I am happy to have her home and glad that she was able to make it back here.” He informed with a small swish of his tail. “I had not thought about the fact that she wanted to come home to the cove and spend her last moments here with us but I am honored for that too.” He would be there for his former leader until she breathed her last breath.

Kajika went silent after he spoke again while Birtie moved into a sitting position. He thought of how he wanted to bring up his next thought. “Have you ever lost someone close to you?” he asked cautiously. It might not be an easy subject for her.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Needless to say, she was a little surprise her words weren't met with the feeling of a grief stricken man. Instead he seemed to agree with her words despite their bluntness. A blessing in disguise really.

She would have been content to let the silence settle over them but that would have been too convient, eh? His question was met with a soft grumble from her. None of your business. She said in a whispery but strong tone. But for the sake of things she let down her guard the slightest. But I have. Her home had been run by family for years and Birtie had seen her grandparents who used to rule. She figured they'd be lucky to see next winter. Her parents had been in charge when she left but it'd be no surprise if one of her elder brothers grabbed control. It happened. Weakest links and frail creatures had no place running amongst the strong bodied.

All you have to know is that this is natural and it's much better to let them go than it is to drag them along. She informed with eyes locked onto him. Birtie didn't know the woman but she'd be damn if she had to see her suffer due to selfish wishes of others. Everyone had to draw a line somewhere and that just happened to be where she drew hers.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

In some small way he had found the woman's words to be a comfort though he was still upset about the news he'd received. He was happy for Namid that she was able to make it back to her home so that she could leave them peacefully in a place of comfort and not somewhere foreign.

He didn't know if he was trying to make Birtie understand what he was feeling or just try and explain it to her to understand it all himself. The question he'd asked though was met in typical Birtie fashion. Despite the sadness that coursed through him it did bring a small smile to his dark features. Before he could say anything she admitted that she had so maybe he didn't have to explain how he felt. “Then you know that this isn't easy,” he said not expecting her to say anything.

Her bluntness came out once more as she stated how she felt on the matter. “I wouldn't do that to Namid. No, the best thing I can do for her is make sure she is comfortable and safe during her last days and be there for whatever she needs.” That was his plan and unless the Vuesain woman asked for something else he would make sure that she was surrounded by those who cared about her.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her head nodded, understanding his words. That was all almost anyone deserved in their last days. Alas Birtie was growing weary of speaking of the dead and dying. She had not come out here to plague her thoughts, she had come seeking a relief from them. Although she suppose that perhaps this was why there was a tension looming all over.

The large female stood and motioned for Kajika to follow her. Come. She verbally beckoned as she moved away from the lake's edge. Birtie did not know where she was leading them but nor did she really care. If he was willing to follow then she was willing to lead. Her strides were long but slow. There was still plenty of night left and there was no need to rush.