443 Users Online
Google, Bing

i wish i could know how — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
@Lachesis for a little confession time.

Man, this time of year was a doozy. There were so many women that smelled so tempting, and among them was Rory. He had been avoiding her like the plague this breeding season, because he didn’t know how well he could control himself around the most beautiful wolf he had ever met in his life when she was surrounded by the most beautiful smell, too.

Needless to say, the second of the Surge was keeping to himself most of the time these past few weeks. He even avoided Lachesis, for fear the alpha would try and dominate him over Lilya. But her scent was easing off, and Ayti knew they would be having more pups this spring - as promised at the meeting. That was good. Ayti just hoped no one else broke the breeding rule this year.

But now that Lilya’s heat had effectually ended, Ayti was free to approach her mate as a friend again, and the dark wolf did just that. It was dark out, and the ghost was very much a night owl, so Ayti simply followed his trail through the trees.

”Hey, Lach,” he greeted with an easy wag of his tail when he finally caught up with the cloud-white figure. ”I was hoping I’d catch you out tonight. Do you have time to talk?” the mocha-furred man asked, hazel eyes searching out chartreuse.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis had noticed that his guardian had been laying low since the beginning of the month, but he didn’t mind. The ghost knew that this time of the year wasn’t easy for everyone—especially Aytigin. It didn’t help that Rory had also chosen to settle down in Driftwood; making things even more complicated for the self-proclaimed casanova. But, the ebony male was being a good boy this season. Which almost made Lachesis feel bad. Perhaps next spring the rules would change for the Surge. As long as his subordinates sought permission first Lachesis would not have a problem with others breeding. To an extent.

His head turned at the sound of the guardian’s voice, a small smile breaking across his pale maw. For you? Always. He motioned for the large male to follow him along the path just in case there were any prying ears nearby. What’s on your mind? XIX asked, his chartreuse gaze settling on his dark companion. Aytigin had never been afraid to speak his mind, whether it be good or bad. The ghost couldn’t help but be a little concerned, especially with the season entering its second week…  

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Ayti gave him a soft smile at the response. In spite of everything - their earlier misgivings of each other and the many arguments that they had endured - Lachesis was probably Aytigin’s truest friend, and the dark guardian would follow him into hell if he was asked to.

”Thank you,” he responded, padding along beside his leader and trying to figure out a good way to phrase this particular confession. He swallowed hard and let out a measured breath, hoping that this would go better than he had imagined countless times in his mind. ”So, um... this happened a few months ago. It’s about Inna.” He had no idea if the younger wolf had gone to Lachesis about this in particular beforehand, so this might not even be necessary. ”I meant to tell you before, but I didn’t know how you would react. I, uh... I was the one who told her to stay behind. I’m the reason she didn’t go with us.”
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He couldn’t stop his mind from wandering as he waited for @Aytigin to explain why he had called for him. Had his trusted guardian broken the rule of leaders only this spring, or had something else—something worse—happened? Lachesis couldn’t make an exception for the ebony male. Making exceptions was how the Inna mess had gotten so out of control, and XIX refused to have a repeat of the previous year.

His shoulders nearly sagged in relief as the hazel-eyed male spoke, announcing that it was something that had happened a few months ago. Something involving Inna. His ears twitched at this, causing his brows to tighten as he glanced over at his second. But he did not speak—not yet. Lachesis waited for the male to continue before he interjected. The words that tumbled off Aytigin’s tongue did not come as a surprise. He should have suspected that the Delaney had something to with the raven staying behind. The ghost grew quiet for a moment, his features tightening as he considered the younger male’s words.

Could he fault the guardian for saying things that he wouldn’t have been able to say?

No. No, he couldn’t.

It’s okay, he breathed as he offered his friend a small, almost relieved, smile. I would have done it myself but… he paused, a flicker of amusement running across his pale features, … I wouldn’t have been able to say it as well as you. Or as harshly. Lachesis was too nice. He doubted he would have been able to get the words out—or Inna would have argued with him, as the Baranski (as far as she was concerned) could do no wrong. I figured you had something to do with her staying behind. I’m not mad. He shrugged. Honestly, I’m kind of relieved.

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Aytigin wasn’t sure what he should’ve expected there, but for Lachesis to be so... calm and almost relieved about it wasn’t what he had prepared for. The chocolate-colored wolf nearly sagged as well at Lachesis’ reassuring words, moving over to bump their shoulders together. It was such a stark contrast to what their relationship had been like the year before. Ayti had never imagined he would have such a wonderful friendship with the stressed alpha, but they balanced one another out so very nicely.

”I couldn’t let her stay,” he admitted, sighing through his nose. ”You’re too nice for that kind of thing. I figured that was something that a second-in-command was supposed to do - to step up where you need me to.”

The mocha-furred man took a deep breath and let it out. ”I was nervous to tell you about that. I never imagined you would take it so well,” he told him, perking his ears up slightly. ”Thank you for being so understanding. I’m glad that you agreed with me.” Because he didn’t know what he would’ve done if Lach had been angry about it.

He cleared his throat with a slight smile. ”So, uh, Lil’s scent changed,” he commented to change the subject, though Lachesis would know what he meant. ”Congratulations. Guess we’re getting more Lil Lils and Lavenders this year.”
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

I couldn’t let her stay either, he admitted, his voice low as he confided in his second, but me talking to her would have gotten me nowhere. I think she still believes she did nothing wrong. Lachesis did not know if that would ever change—even after everything that had happened. He did not doubt that the raven was running her mouth to anyone who would listen about how he had wronged her. How the pack had betrayed her. The ghost had lost his patience for her long ago. It broke his heart to think that the girl that he had helped raise had turned into a wolf he barely recognized. Grief was a dreadful monster if not handled properly, and Inna had never grieved properly. She had neglected her own daughter and shied away from those who cared about her when they attempted reaching out. So, eventually, the river wolves gave up trying to help her.

Honestly, I probably would’ve asked you to do it. But you beat me to it. A small laugh accompanied his words, his expression growing soft as he glanced over at the dark-furred male. Wasn’t that what his second was supposed to do anyway? Do the things he couldn’t? The ghost was certainly grateful for the turn in their relationship.

Another laugh escaped him, this time louder than before. Guess so, huh? He mused in response, a single brow arched high into his pale forehead as he met the hazel gaze of his second. More kids to torment you. A third laugh came, the corners of his eyes crinkling. At least their litter would be the only litter this spring. Hopefully.

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Yeah, that made sense. That, and the fact that Lachesis didn’t quite loom over her like Ayti did. If the white wolf had been the one to demand she leave, Aytigin doubted he would have been able to intimidate her the same way. Inna knew Lachesis wouldn’t hurt her, but she didn’t know that about Ayti. “I almost couldn’t get her to leave,” he admitted with a soft sigh through his nose. ”Had to say some pretty terrible things to make her realize I was being serious. She felt like she was so entitled and deserved to stay,” he murmured, moving to bump his head against Lach’s shoulder. ”My mother used to act like her, a long time ago. And I left her to die in a cave... so I can’t be sure I wouldn’t have carried out on a few of those threats.” This admission was a bit harder, but he realized that he had hardly talked to Lachesis at all about his past, and he knew next to nothing about the healer as well. perhaps it was time that changed.

The next statement brought a lighter tone to the conversation, and Aytigin snorted good-naturedly. ”Lach, the day you have to ask me to say something is the day you’ll bury me at the foot of this mountain,” he teased, his tail giving a few soft waves behind him. ”You’ll probably never have to ask something like that from me.”

More kids to torment you. ”What a nightmare!” Ayigin gasped in mock horror, though his tail was still wagging slowly. ”Because all of the Surge knows I just can’t stand pups. It’s why I have so many tactics on how to play fight and keep them entertained and safe. Little bastards,” he teased with a wink, his hazel gaze twinkling with mischief. ”But seriously. I’m happy for you guys. I like to think I had a part to play in this whole thing.” Of Lach and Lil getting together, of Lavender and Lilliana’s birth, of the creation of the Surge as a whole. It was like a domino effect.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

I figured it wouldn’t be easy, he hummed, a trace of amusement accompanying his words as he studied the charcoal guardian. Part of me hoped she wouldn’t come. So we could have avoided a situation like the one you had with her. But she’s too stubborn for her own good. The raven Baranski refused to own up to her mistakes, instead choosing to deny them and put the blame on others. Lachesis had wanted to believe her about the Wild Rye ordeal—and for the most part, he did—but he knew there were bits of the story she had left out. Bits that Reyes had filled in. If it had not been for the former Fields wolf would XIX have ever found out about what she had said to Jessie at the borders? He doubted it. She would not paint herself in a poor light—she only spoke of the good she had done, never the bad.

Yeah, yeah, he dismissed with a wave of his tail, but I’m supposed to ask you. Part of the job. He shrugged, his features softening once more as the air became less tense around them. The Surge was on the mend and on the road to a better future. With wolves Lachesis (and Lilya) trusted with their lives. There was nowhere else he’d rather raise a family.

Of course @Aytigin would take the credit for alphas’ relationship. Lachesis knew that the burly wolf had something to do with him and Lilya getting together. If it had not been for his awkward advances toward the blue-eyed sparrow Lachesis might have never realized his feelings for her—at least, not before something could have happened between her and the brash casanova. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. He wasn’t about to feed into Aytigin’s ego.