(See All?) Announcements
580 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Vanadis, Bing, Magg

welcome to the infinite black skies — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Recently she found herself wanting to hover near the dark Tallis male like some sort of vulture but there were moments where she wanted to distance herself. It was usually when she felt a hunger growing that she wandered off, wishing to eat alone. The whole being pregnant thing wasn't too bad so far. Sure it was weird and sometimes she felt like it wasn't actually her own body but overall? Well she could easily deal with mood swings and sudden fits of hunger.

It was at the lake she hoped to find something worthwhile. Perhaps there would be fish trapped under the ice or even a bigger creature nearby trying to get a drink from the still mostly frozen surface. She'd start small.

But there on the horizon, a silhouette against the morning's rising sun was a small dark figure. Could it have possibly been Tulip? Birtie wouldn't have minded seeing the strange speaking girl again for they had found something worthwhile last time. So she let out a low woof to signal her arrival.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s eyes closed in silent pleasure as she rested her fore paws against the icy lake's frozen surface. This had become a regular ritual of the young medic’s as she went about her daily life. The lake brought peace and comfort. A safe haven from the stress of her heat, sure the underlying restlessness was always there, whispering under her fur, but the lake’s softer, soothing whispers brought a far greater comfort.

A soft woof emitted, the ebony wolf’s ears perked as she glanced around in slight confusion “That's the if-” Right, lakes don’t bark. Sylva’s brown gaze opened slowly as she looked around, a large shape lumbered closer and closer. Nothing odd there, Sylva’s head tilted when she caught the scent, her eyes widening as she tensed up briefly as her packmate came closer. “H-hey there.” she said quietly, recognizing it as Birtie, the first Cove wolf she had encountered, though, beyond brief greetings, Sylva had neglected chatting more, something she found herself regretting.

“You doing alright? The healer inside of her grew concerned, Was the Third's pregnancy turning abnormal already? Had she come seeking the dark wolf out for advice or some aliment?
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2018, 01:53 AM by Sylva.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She quickly realized it was the not the wolf she thought it to be. This was a more recent member, the small healer who had joined their ranks. The one she had encountered first on the borders.

Oh, um, yeah. I'm fine. Sure her heat was gone but did she smell bad? Was there something that her untrained nose couldn't detect? It filled her with a sense of dread. A million questions raced through her mind as she tried to balance her thinking. Surely her own body would let her know if something was wrong.

She chewed on her cheek for a few moments. Sorry for interrupting I thought you were someone else. The large female finally admitted, her tail gave a few stiff apologetic waves.

Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s head tilted slightly in worry when Birtie spoke, unaware that she may have made the pale female uncomfortable. She couldn’t help the light soft giggle that escaped, finding some humor in the fact that both of them had mistaken each other for someone else. She gave a small nod before patting the ground next to her with her tail.

“Wanna sit? We thought you were someone else as well.” She said, turning to gesturing out toward the lake. “it’s so pretty this time of day though, isn’t it?” As she spoke, she looked around at the massive mountain they were nestled within. “You doing alright though? Eating well? Sleeping?” even if her companion hadn’t been pregantant, Sylva’s nature was simply to worry, especially about those she had come close to, even if it was mere packmates.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

We?

Her brows pinched together in a tight formation as her grungy gaze looked around. There was no one else around, was there? The large female had only seen the one small wolf. Who is we? She asked as a small twinge or nervousness broke through a usually neutral tone.

I'm hungry but fine, really. She insisted as she cautiously shifted into a sitting position. Perhaps she should have stayed back in the den with @Kajika for a bit longer or maybe even dragged him along with her. Birtie knew he was better with words than she was. It would have been nice to have someone who was better with conversation around.

Sylva Riverflow
The small wolf blinked in surprise at Birtie’s reaction. Her head cocked to the side in confusion, she should be used to, but some things haven't changed at all within the medic. “You? Me? Us” she said, they were the only ones around after all. She sucked in a breath, realizing what had happened “O-oh, that I er… it’s an old habit.” she murmured, trying her best to help alleviate the discomfort she had inadvertently caused.

“That’s good, you’ll be hungry through most of your term.” Sylva said, settled down, shifting a bit as she pulled her paws out of the water, a soft groan escaping. “Gotta be nice having this fire out of your fur.” She commented, shifting, trying to smile and reassure Birtie “You’re gonna be fine, though, i do wanna warn you, you’re gonna get sick sometimes, it’s natural, once it gets warmer and I can replenish the herb caches.” She perked up a bit, she’d be able to get back into famailer territory once all of that started, offhandedly she murmured “I wonder if they'll get along…Yarrow will be good”
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her lips formed a small O shape, still confused by what had briefly been said. The comment of an old habit didn't help any but she dropped the topic, unsure if she wanted to question it any more than she already had.

I guess but with the fire gone comes a whole other wave of feelings. She grumbled, her weight shifting slightly. Her ear flicked sharply as a brow raised. What do you mean "they'll get along"? Was the practical stranger referencing her future children (or child)? It was almost unnerving but perhaps it was a normal thought. Birtie didn't know what others were supposed to say, think or do when she was in this state. It made her wonder if she was supposed to be thinking the same things.

You're a healer, right? The Parlow asked in order to shift the topic off of herself.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva listened quietly, broken from her brief reminisce by Birtie’s questions and comments. She gave her head a firm shake up and down as she nodded, sighing contentedly to her self. She was used to the strange responses and it hadn’t really phased her too much, her companion had questions that she could answer.

“True...this year I’d rather deal with the fire.” she said quietly, more to herself than anyone else. The second question left her pausing, trying to figure out how to phrase it, she had realized that Birtie seemed a bit more uncomfortable, she didn’t want to add to that. Instead of directly mentioned her reference to the plants, she chose a more abstract route. “Well, everyone.” that was as close to lying as she was willing to go, and it wasn’t dishonest, she did hope everyone would get along.

“Yes ma’am, I am, it’s always been my passion, but you don’t need to worry, I’ve helped with deliveries before.” though, she did leave out the part about it having been her own delivery, and everything else had been training and taught to her.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Birtie found herself willing to glaze over most things. She wasn't particularly interested in getting to know anyone on a deeper level. It wasn't anything personal. Okay, maybe it was but it wasn't deeply personal.

Her head tilted every so lightly, her lips tugging downwards slightly. I wasn't too worried about that. I imagine @Kajika has some experience too, he has a godson after all. She hummed in dull response. Birtie hadn't expected to have any other help than the Tallis man. Perhaps it was foolish but she wasn't sure she wanted anyone else. It wasn't like she wanted practical strangers around her now even who knew how long before the delivery.

Maybe you could teach me a thing or two sometime? Birtie was doing her best to extend an olive branch. She knew deep down that no matter how much she wanted to hide from others, she would need a few friendly connections.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2018, 03:37 AM by Birtie.)