(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing

on the precipice of the dark — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

In the chilly night, the woman had sunk low in a fallen tree. It's trunk hollow and grand, a place where she determined that no one would find her. No one would know that she was a woman today; that her scent made her writhe and ache, need and desire - yet, she was burned with shame. Her body low to the ground and her body shivering, attempting to ignore the very idea that kept her going for so long. Family. She wanted family oh so bad and the feeling made her quite happy to even think of, but as time had progressed onwards she could feel that opportunity slipping away. Anastasia didn't blame her leaders for coming to the decision that they did, but it also left the future she wanted rather bleak. It was potentially another year that she would have to bite her tongue and submit, another year of abandoning the one thing she wanted most. This time of year wasn't about love for Ana, but about the ability to start a family.

The dove had wheezed in and out and slumber, waking every couple hours only to hear the distant sounds of movement. It wasn't until light began to filter through a few rotted holes in the tree trunk that she stirred for the last time, her eyes groggy as she shivered. Face worn from stress and tears, not to mention the fear that had run its course that someone would find her. For so long she had been without company during this time but now in the presence of many, she felt her heart lay heavy and wounded upon the forest floor. It was here she stayed; cold, shivering and emotionally beaten.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

In the night her leg had started to hurt a little worse than in had in the past few days. She hoped that it was a sign that it was starting to heal but she didn't know not having had any training. It hurt so badly though that it had kept her awake and instead of staying in the medical den or the communal den she decided to take a walk or hop as it were.

She'd been wandering most if the night, stopping where she could and resting a moment. She was hoping to get so tired that it wouldn't matter how much her leg hurt she would still be able to sleep.

It was near morning when she came across the scent. Oksana had smelled it on some of the females and it seemed to go along with agitation so she'd kept her distance not wanting to upset any of them. She couldn't make as speedy a getaway as she once had in case they snapped at her. The closer she traveled to the source of the scent she also recognized that it belonged to Ana. The near yearling grew worried, why was she out her by herself. She hopped as quick as she could until she came across her pale form, Oksana had never seen her look as she did right then. Ana, she whispered as she came closer, It's Sana. Can I help? She asked because it was clear the woman wasn't okay. She came close enough that she could lick the woman's muzzle if she would let her.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I hope its okay to throw Rory in here too :D

Aurora Thanne

She followed two scents; one she was familiar with and another that was foreign yet curiosity had already gotten the best of her. She was eager to meet with the dark pup again, in fact she wondered how she had been doing since their last encounter, whether her leg had healed since t he last encounter and what she had been doing to keep herself busy in general. The other wolf, who's scent was strong and interesting to say the least, she followed merely because she was interested in meeting a new wolf. She entered the scene in silence, watching as Oksana interacted with a hidden wolf and hesitated a moment before approaching her slowly, cautious just in case the wolf in the tree was not in the mood for company. She found her voice at mention of a name, Ana, and perked up if only slightly with hopes that a cheery voice would help coax the woman from hiding. "Hi, I'm Rory. I hope you don't mind if I can help in anyway either." she added after moving next to the growing pup, her nose extended to sniff at the air and realized that it was the woman's heat she had been following--unique to Ana, it was stronger than Rory's but there all the same. She wondered if perhaps that was why she was hiding but didn't make mention just yet, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The wind had once again deceived her; bringing forth a scent on the air that simply couldn't stay away. Anastasia would have cried out and run if she were able to without a fuss but being so cozy in this little log had made it quite impossible to make a quick exit. Of course, she was all the more concerned when it was Sana's voice that called out to her. The young woman had been through enough and this was likely not the best scenario for the dark raven girl to witness. The last thing Ana wanted was for her to be caught up in the china doll's antics.

A few long moments passed as the white woman shivered within the confines of the trunk, unsure as to what she could say to Sana. There really was nothing anyone could do to help her cure this disastrous cycle and the only solution that there was, was one that was taboo as of late. Anastasia couldn't do that and even though she was sad that her desires were restricted, in her state it was easy to look passed one piece of the puzzle that she missed in all of this: a man to make it happen. Of course, she couldn't be interrupted by one soul but instead two and one that was more than unfamiliar. A stranger admist her troublesome concerns and something she certainly didn't want to drag into her wild ride of a life.

It's not safe, she answers and knows that both girls would likely say that it was just the two of them. They alone could do no harm to her in this particular state but Anastasia had been wooed by the likes of men before. A time that had almost entirely been forgotten because of how fortunate she had been in the last few years. A brief reflection in time when she had been taken advantage of due to lack of eligible women of her generation in her birth home. A man that held no respect nor dignity, and a man that she was sure had many more with the same driven desires scattered across the map.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Maybe she should have left Ana alone being in the same that she was but she couldn't. She could see that Ana was in distress and like the dove had tried to help her she had to do what she could to help her friend. She had hoped that a lick to her muzzle might help as it was all she knew to do without Ana specifically saying anything. The scent had grown stronger in the moments that she'd joined the pale woman at the log.

They were soon joined by another, Rory who had come up beside the crow and offered her assistance as well. Oksana turned her orange gaze in the woman and offered her a smile. Maybe the two of them together would he able to help Ana with whatever was ailing her. The little Crow laid in her stomach and inched toward the pale dove.

She stopped when they were told that it wasn't safe and Oksana didn't understand. An almost inaudible whimper escaped her, Why isn't it safe? She asked quietly. Was it not safe for Ana or her and Rory. Would the pale woman do something to them that could hurt them. Oksana didn't believe that she would be capable of hurting them but she may have judged her wrong. Please Ana, tell us what's wrong. Are you in pain? Oksana really didn't understand but she didn't like seeing her friend so upset.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
My, My, My

Rory was silent, listening when Ana told them that it wasn't safe and like Oksana, she felt a tingle of confusion come over her. Rory had gone through the breeding season more than once by now and each year she was hardly phased, in fact she realized that with each years past the scent withdrew quicker and the stench was becoming less fragrant than the previous year. It was probably because she knew that she had no male breed with, not this year and probably not the next and she was okay with this knowledge. Apparently, Anastasia was having a crisis of her own and if she could guess, it was probably from her surge of hormones. She looked toward Oksana, shrugging her shoulders but curious never the less and stepped closer to Ana, although she couldn't see the woman in whole she could smell her and decided to give her words of encouragement. "It'll pass soon, it always does." she said, thinking that perhaps this knowledge would help ease some of Ana's worry.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Through the undying revelation that she was nearing seven years old with no family aside from the closeness of Lachesis, it was hard to deny her wants and desires. Her need to go out of the Surge and do what was meant to be done. Anastasia had been hoping that maybe it wouldn't come this year but as it turns out, she didn't exactly fear Lilya and thus came the pressures.

As the dark crow slid on her stomach towards the curled dove, whispering a question that had the answer dancing all around it. I'm in heat, Sana. She would know, now, why Anastasia hid away from the world. That she wanted to melt into the ground and steer clear of strangers. She might not fear Lilya but she did worry about her place in the pack should something go wrong. Emotions were haywire at this stage. Body telling her to do one thing and her mind telling her another; her heart was entirely on its own plane at this point. I've always been alone during these cycles. Its worse this time. Mother nature knows I'm not alone. Her entire body pointed in the direction of reproduction and yet she had to steer it off course. On a path not worn.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

At first Oksana didn't understand what had Ana so upset and in such a bad way. She worried that something might have happened and she was going to end up like Inna. She didn't want that for her friend and she worried that if it did what Lachesis would do. She'd seen what he'd done to her mother, she didn't want that for Ana.

Rory spoke up saying it would pass soon but the little Crow was still so confused. At least she was until Ana said that she was in Heat. Oksana knew what that meant, her mother had told her. She looked over at Rory who she could smell the same scent on her, she still didn't understand because the darker woman seemed to be okay. Does being around others make it worse always? She asked both women. My mother told me a little about her first one but it was the only one she'd had before me. There was still a lot that she didn't understand and especially why it was so upsetting to Ana but Rory seemed okay.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
When Ana mentioned what was happening to her body, the many changes that the season brought on, Rory couldn't help but nod her head with agreement. She could understand why the woman had decided to hide out in seclusion, it was the best way to avoid unwanted advances from the opposite sex but she couldn't help wondering why she was hiding from them. She listened, careful not to speak out of turn because this was Ana's experience and she had no idea how the heat was making her feel but Rory had never truly been bothered by the activity, but that was probably because she was good at concealing the pain and seeming so well put together. She smiled when Oksana asked her question and without hesitating she shook her head, looking toward Ana for confirmation before giving her own opinion. "It doesn't get worse for me, but than again mine was never truly that bad." she shrugged her shoulders, knowing that her response could be interpreted wrong even if that wasn't her intention. She raised her brow, curious about what Oksana mentioned of her mother and for a moment she wondered why the woman had not fully explained the process to her, the dark child was afterall a few months out from being an adult but than again maybe the timing wasn't right--Rory liked to assume that.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity