(See All?) Announcements
581 Users Online
Google, Bing

Wild Horses Run In Me — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 181 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nalda
@Arion I was hoping? <3 - vague af cus I'm not sure exactly how badly she would have been banged up after this thread

Territory Discovery: Ditchwater Hide
(-57.46859, 11.60156)
Near the foot of the mountains, where the forest still stands thick, but roots have to grapple with unyielding bedrock, a small cave is set into the hillside. In the height of summer, a small run of water trickles over the above outcrop, falling in a thin cascade in front of the opening and into a ditch dug in the mud below. Stuck on mostly even ground, the water flows in both directions, filling the bottom of the cavern a few inches, muddy and still; the rest leaking out into the grove, to join up with the larger rivers. For those determined to find a bit of shelter, though, a few ledges along the cave walls remain dry, offering a resting spot for one or two weary souls.

Once the fight was over, she had slunk down the mountain under cover of darkness, looking for a safe place to lick her wounds. Regardless of who was to blame for the clash, it wasn’t a good idea to stick around the Heights afterwards, and she could hardly turn op at Willow Ridge like this. So she’d sought along the slopes until she came upon a cave that was large enough for her to rest in, ignoring the icy floor as she crept onto a small ledge to sleep.

Days of heavy snow followed, pretty much keeping her stuck in place, not exactly bettering her dark mood. The fight itself hadn’t upset her nearly as much as her own folly, she should never have gone up there in the first place; Weak! As could have been expected, she had not found whom she was looking for, and yet that had only darkened her mood further. In the end, she blamed it all on the season; That infuriating itch that clouded her mind and made her stink.

But she resolved herself to use this extra time, not only to mend and rest up fully, but figuring out a game plan, to achieve what she had been sent out for. All her frustrations were now applied to this one task, only broken up in the short moments when she slipped out into the flurry for a quick hunt. And it was from one of these she was just now returning, a fluffy hare swinging from her bloodied jowls. It had taken longer than it should to track down the critter, but at least she had been successful, and her growling stomach would finally be silenced.

As such, Nalda was in slightly better spirits than the previous days, as she neared the entrance to her hide, eager to get back into shelter from the still falling snows.

Word count: 314
"Speech" Thoughts

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2018, 09:25 PM by Nalda.)
Because of work, my activity will fluctuate every other week. For more information and OOC preferrences check out my profile