(See All?) Announcements
739 Users Online
Bing, Google

something good — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon

He sought her out with no real goal in mind. Perhaps he just wanted to chat to fill the silence in the orchard. Maybe he was getting a bit restless or bored, ready to move on to somewhere more lively. Deacon wouldn't pressure her to go somewhere else though. He was along for the ride mostly and acted - more or less - like a disposable extra set of paws and eyes. Despite not proving himself as a capable hunter, there were still other things he could do to help make their aimless travels easier.

Deacon thought he caught sight of @Lekalta's pale tawny fur between the bare trees. A low woof escaped him as his tail gave a few easy waves. Hopefully it was her and not some wild fauna looking for a scuffle. That was the last thing he wanted or needed.

Played by Rachel who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
She wove along the cherry trees, wondering when the dreariness of weather’s grasp would finally flee from Relic Lore and bring the foliage and blossoms back once more. A small frown pulled at her slender features – Deacon was off somewhere, and she allowed him his space. He never seemed to go too far – and she knew they could only wander aimlessly for so long. They would need to consider their options soon and make a decision – even if that meant they parted ways.

A low bark stirred her ears to glide back to her finely sculptured skull, and her bright eyes drifted back to note the large man striding toward her. She stilled, studying him thoughtfully. Her own tail gave an idle flick of her ease of his presence, though she stilled, knowing the scent of her season still clung to her – she was far too anxious to be rid of it. “Hey,” she murmured, allowing her words to be softer than usual – less boisterous and more casual. “I was just thinking about you,” she crooned with an impish smirk.

are you deranged like me? are you strange like me?
lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Deacon

He was greeted with words that seemed more lax than usual. The male briefly wondered if something was wrong, used to more boisterous and colorful tones from her. His worries were quickly washed away by her next string of words. One dark brow raised as his ears leaned with interest. He stayed put about two feet away from the tawny wolf, trying to be mindful of her personal space despite his bubbling curiosity.

"What about me?" He asked in his deep tones, allowing his head to tilt ever so slightly. What was there to think about him? Tall, dark and brooding was about all there was to him these days - without getting terribly personal or close. The large male didn't want to bog her down though. Not when they both seemed to be looking towards a new future and not the past.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
He gave her space – and she withheld a small frown that stormed upon her features in uncertainty. She believed his actions to stem from respect and a sense of protectiveness – he would be just as receptive to her as any other male these days. But what of he wasn’t? What if she could actually tempt no one at all? Lachesis had not been – he had settled himself down with Lilya in record time.

And perhaps Deacon also didn’t see her as a viable option, either.

“Well,” she began, feeling her uncertainty flutter in her chest before she decided to sit down – her rump falling to the ground in one lithe motion, a barrier of sorts. “What are we doing, exactly?” She had invited him to join her in the Surge, but that had been a bust. Now, they were within the area, and she found herself becoming more restless than before. “I mean..  Are we going to try to find a pack to join? Are we going to see what’s out there and mark a claim of our own?” She paused, her head tilting slightly, her features sobering. “Are you just killing time for now, and have your own plans?”
(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2018, 05:31 PM by Lekalta.)

Deacon
"Oh baby, oh man
You're making me crazy, really driving me mad
That's all right with me, it's really no fuss"

- My Kind of Woman by Mac DeMarco

The question struck him harder than he had expected. He had figured she had her own plans, that he was just hanging around until something or someone better than him came along. They weren't tied to each other even if he had enjoyed the days he spent with her. She filled the silence in a way that didn't seem forced.

Then he realized maybe he was being selfish. Perhaps he was keeping her around because she made him feel good. Like he had some kind of purpose - even if the purpose wasn't a big one.

"I don't have any plans." He announced softly before he took a few steps forward then following her own movements and settling himself onto his rear. "I figured we'd bum around together until something caught your eye. Maybe if you hadn't grown tired of me by then I'd stick around longer. Or you could just shoo me." Because all he had done so far was circle her like a vulture or follow her like a puppy. He had no doubt that would grow annoying after some time.

Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
His answer was reassuring in some ways – he had no intentions of just bailing on her. It was encouraging in the sense that she could even tentatively call him a friend, and she shifted her weight, watching him with bright eyes as he closed the distance between them, but settled himself to his haunches as well. She hadn’t expected to feel the relief that swept through her at his words, but it also hadn’t given her a real answer to the question she was working toward – what should they do?

“What do you want to do?” She didn’t wish to make the decision herself, and she felt her paws flex against the cold ground below her, unsure even what she wanted herself. “There’s a pack in the Lowlands called Wild Rye Fields. My mother had been in good standing with them when she was alive.. They might take us in.” She paused, shrugging. “My mother also had relatives across the mountain, down toward the red ferns. We could seek them out.”

She hadn’t expected to be in such a situation, and she felt a certain surge of disdain for Lachesis. He had certainly done an efficient job of removing the Baranski’s from his ranks thus far – she could only hope it didn’t affect her siblings or niece. “Or, to hell with it. We check out some of the other packs.. Start new completely. Or we build our own. Either way, I… I want to stick with you. I know we only just met.. But after the Surge kicked me out, you’re all I have now.” She gave a snort of amusement then, trying to keep from rolling her eyes at herself. She had never been good with expressing her thoughts. “And I don’t mean that in a ‘guess I’m stuck with you,’ way.”

Deacon

As she strung together words, a small smile tugged on his features. He stood up despite only having just got comfortable and moved a bit closer, circling before sitting next to her side and looking out on the lands of the orchard. "You are stuck with me now, though." He replied as he glanced over at her out of the corner of his eye. "Why don't we start new, huh? I'm trying to stay out of the south and you seem to like the north. We can go back up and avoid the Surge area, see what else might be there for us." The idea rolled smoothly from his brain to his mouth. "If things don't go as well as we imagine we can always resort back to our other options but we'll never know if we don't try."

Deacon let his tail beat against the earth beneath them as he, for once, felt pleased with his words. They could take a new path north and see whatever they may - try to search for somewhere better than whatever the Surge had. Not that he really knew what they had besides some of a lake. He trusted that Lekalta would guide him some in their searches, even if the trails got a bit rough along the way.

Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
He took her words better than she had initially thought. She thought he was going to zip away from her then for sure – placing her in the crazy, clingy girl category. Instead, the swarthy wolf moved closer to her, sidling beside her and staring out to the orchard before them. She looked up to him instead, feeling the warmth radiate from him.

He proposed they start fresh – and she gave a quiet nod of agreement. He was right – whatever path they forged now didn’t have to be perfect.. They could figure it out as they went along.

She brushed her shoulder against his – the softest graze before curling her muzzle up to the thick fur of his nape. Her tail mirrored his – sweeping behind her, and she felt a thrill course down her spine at the simple gesture of affection she placed on him now. She had kept males at bay in the past during this time – out of respect for her mother, and for her pack. But now, she had neither – and so she toyed with it. The brazen rumble that escaped her throat as she tilted her jaws up to nibble delicately along his jawline, the exhale of her breath as she finally stilled against him. “Okay.”

Deacon

He welcomed her touches, leaned into her presence when he felt her on his nape. It was a sensitive sensation that he had never felt with anyone - not Celandine, Aileen or anyone else he had briefly felt for. For once he felt was being truly invited by her. The only word that he heard escape her was not the typical naive words fending him off like before.

The large male craned his neck to run his teeth through the fur on her own nape, hoping that she would accept his return. He had never been tender but he did not wish to scare her off when they had just laid out plans. He couldn't help himself from inhaling her scent before pulling away from her the slightest bit. His gaze settled on apple green eyes, questioning and curious. The large male didn't know what to say and he truly hoped he wouldn't have to.