(See All?) Announcements
302 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vasco, Aquene, Jadon

won't leave these wounds to fester — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Sparring with Kip had been just the outlet he had needed to rid himself of the aggression and frustration that had built up in his body whilst speaking with Cheedo. Now, as he moved through the dappled light of the forest, his tired body loping slowly between the tall pine trees, he felt ready to face Piety and inform her of what had happened. 

Lorcan had learnt from previous experience at both Hearthwood River and Willow Ridge, that it was usually better to just come out with it. Tell the truth, no matter how hard or scary it was, and deal with the consequences accordingly rather than letting it fester in his mind like an untreated wound. If he didn't tell her now then he was sure that it would come back to bite him in the ass one day. The leader couldn't afford to mess things up. Not with the pack and his relationship with @Piety so new, and especially not now that they had pups on the way.

Loping towards the mountain-side of the territory, where the communal den was situated, Lorcan slowed in order to sniff around for his mate. Spotting her pale figure, he approached her quietly, being careful not to draw attention from any of the others who may have been present. "Piety, darling, may I have a word with you?" Though his voice was hushed, his tone let her know that the matter was serious and in urgent need to discussion. Stepping back, he circled part way around to face the opposite direction to the den. They could discuss matters as they walked through the forest, away from prying eyes or listening ears.
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 08:44 AM by Lorcan.)
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

At the sound of Lorcan's voice she slowly worked her way out of the den before trailing after him. Her teeth moved to nip gently at his hock before she stood beside him. "Care to walk?" She asked with a raised brow, any eavesdroppers would simply hear it as the mated duo appropriately spending some time together. Although she figured that by his own tone that things weren't going to be as simple as that.

Whether he would agree or not, the expectant mother moved forward to escape the forest. Her tail gave a high wave behind her to encourage him to follow. Bussiness matters between the Santoros would be discussed away from everyone else.

"What is it?" The dove would finally question as a look of concern swept over her face.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The gentle nip to his was welcomed and the male returned his mate's affection with a brush of his muzzle along her cheek. "Absolutely." Lorcan responded, offering the pale female a polite dip of his head and sway of his black-tipped tail as he watched her step forwards ahead of him to lead the way. 

As the pair of them trailed through the forest, it would be obvious to @Piety that something was up. Though he had managed to work out a lot of his energy and frustration through sparring with Kip before seeking her out, his shoulders were still tense and his ears would constantly shift between being up and pressing back against his head anxiously. The male was unsure of exactly when or how to approach the subject, even though he knew he should, so when Piety finally posed the question to him he felt his stomach turn and a wave of relief tickle down his back all at once.

"I, uh, I've just had a rather heated conversation with Cheedo." He admitted, pale brows furrowing as his golden gaze swept across to meet her deep brown eyes. "I had to confront her about her attitude. I'm sorry, but her avoidance of me, the dirty looks, the talking back. It's not on." Lorcan explained, perhaps a little defensively. It was if he were talking about scolding someone else's child. 

The male sighed then, letting his shoulders sag a little lower. "I think she feels that I do not care for her, or that I do not trust her, because I felt the need to ask her about Mittani before." He explained, is gaze flicking between looking at Piety and off to one side. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 05:10 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She slowed her movements until she was at a stop, head turning to look at her co-lead as he spoke. The Santoro kept her features neutral, not showing the distaste that churned inside her. "If you have to do something, it shouldn't be something you have to apologize to me for." She wanted her partner to be sure of his actions and rarely question them or apologize for them. Yet she did not miss the defensiveness of his words. Piety had to wonder if Lorcan thought she was going to scold him or lash out.

"Is the issue resolved then or was it merely a heated conversation?" She asked a brow raised sharply over her flat features. Piety hoped that it was the former. The idea of any more tensions building between members would drive her straight over the edge. She had not built Clearwater Tarn for others to come in and taint with foul moods. It was supposed to be a place for them to start new, to rebuild the strength and closeness that had been in the north.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan's ears pushed back against his head awkwardly and he dipped his head down when Piety explained that he did not need to apologise to her. "I know, but, you two are close. I remember you telling me how loyal she's been to you and Cyril through everything and..." And I didn't want to hurt you. "I don't want you to lose a friend just because you chose to be with me." He admitted, golden eyes glancing across to catch her gaze as his tail swept meekly about his ankles. 

The agouti male gave a half shrug at her question about the issue between him and Cheedo being resolved. "I don't know." He confessed, obviously frustrated by the outcome himself. "I mean, I told her why I asked about him. I told her that I do care about her..." Lorcan explained, head hanging low as he frowned down at his paws. "and I also told her that her behaviour towards me is in no way acceptable and that, if she really has such a problem with me, she can leave." The dark fur along his back bristled as he told her the last bit, before he looked back up at face his co-lead, his brows furrowed into a deep scowl. 

"She seemed pretty upset and apologised profusely after that, though I'm not sure if that was just to stop me chasing her out." He explained, his tail lifting higher, feeling more confident in what he was saying. "I told her that she could stay, for your sake, on the condition that she make an effort to improve her attitude." He informed Piety, his eyes seeking approval and understanding in her brown stare. 

"I don't really...don't really know what else I could have done." He admitted honestly. Leadership was new to him and he was trying his best, but confrontation was not something he dealt well with and he needed to know that Piety agreed with his actions. Otherwise, doubt would most certainly eat him up inside.
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 06:23 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The Santoro appreciated his concern but it still felt wrong. If others were going to slip up or not work well together she wanted things to be dealt with swiftly and sharply, no matter former or current relations. But she bit her tongue and let Lorcan speak further.

Her brows dug together. The leader's usually soft features had seemed to harden at the moment. She didn't dare speak yet despite the bitterness that bit at her tongue. Maybe she was mad at Lorcan or maybe she was mad at Cheedo, perhaps she was mad at both of them for not fixing whatever the hell had occurred between them. She couldn't wrap her brain around the problem that had formed between them. Was this all because of Mittani? Was the scum still causing issues even with his prolonged absence from these lands?

You could have threatened the position of lowest or even called me if you were so unsure. If you want her to prove herself but threaten to throw her out then what good is that? She asked sincerely despite her inner feelings. I care for her and I care for you but if you two can't somehow sort this out soon then I will take care of the issue.

# C W T