(See All?) Announcements
404 Users Online
Google, Baidu, Eros, Bing, Juniper, Apollo

watch the flames burn on — Blackened Down 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
All welcome, open to 1-2 others! Maybe someone he hasn't met? CAD wolves? Afternoon, Scattered Clouds, 30.2°F, -1°C.

Just when Lorcan had thought that the winter weather had finally passed, he woke up only to find that it had snowed heavily overnight. A sigh left his lips as he left the warmth of the communal den, causing a cloud of hot steam to curl up from out his his parted charcoal lips. Snow was exactly not  what he wanted now that both Piety's and Lenae's litters were less than two months away. He had planned to begin searching for plants, roots and fungi that he could cache away in preparation for the birthing, and anything else that might happen in the meantime, but with the ground now hidden beneath a thick layer of crisp, white snow the healer doubted that he would have much luck in finding anything now.

Still, the scarred male forced himself remain optimistic. He loped through the territory, stopping only to lap up a quick drink from the tarn, before breezing past the borders into the surrounding wilderness. Lorcan travelled away from the claimed lands in a south-westerly direction, towards The Wildwood where he had been lucky in finding useful medicinal plants two times before. From this new angle of approach, coming off of the mountain slopes, he had spotted an area of the woods that he was certain he had not explored before. 

It was unmistakable, the air was clouded with the scent of a nearby pack, one which was unfamiliar to him. However, now as he strolled slowly through the uneven field, his attention was drawn elsewhere as he gazed at the charred, blackened trees with grim fascination. Something else also caught his attention. Large mounds, or rather, rolls of snow scattered the spaces between the dark shadowy trees — appearing like giant mountain goats grazing on a forgotten, ashen wasteland. The whole scene was spooky, eerie, to look at. Yet all Lorcan could do was stare...

Random Event! Windy weather and moist snow have caused snow rollers to form all over.
(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2018, 09:30 AM by Lorcan.)
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was patrolling again the nearby premises of the Charred Ash Draw as he did dutifully almost every day. The Wildwood was practically still Charred Ash Draw's territory even if the borders only claimed portion of the burnt down forest. The earthen male very least wanted to know whom were travelling through this area and what their intentions were. With newly fallen snow all the trails were brand new which aided him in tracking.

As Garmir marched trough the snow, wondering how much longer winter could hold this land in its grasp - he soon noticed there was a trail that had skimmed very close to the pack's borders. While the stranger had certainly done the right thing and seemingly avoided going further, Garmir decided to follow and see who was it that had ventured into the forest - just to be good guardian and make sure there were no-one hostile this close to the pack lands. Cannon and Lana sometimes ventured into Wildwoods by themselves after all.

As he begin to trail the stranger - rather easy task given the snow blanket - Garmir increased his pace into a steady but quick trot, keeping his nose near the ground as he already inhaled for details.  A male, almost certainly older than Garmir. Perhaps medium physique judging from the paw prints and lenght of his steps on the snow... quite possibly a pack wolf from hint of other scents...?

Garmir followed, not particularly concerned as much as he was curious and true enough - soon he came upon the male whom had seemingly stopped to admire or awe at the scenery. Garmir looked around, seeing how these parts of the forest might fascinate someone if they did not live here. He had mostly got used to seeing dead, black trees by now and... hmm... well those snow rolls were certainly new. They seemed almost artificially made but Garmir doupted this male was one responsible. In fact, he remembered a tale told to him once about such things.

His attention turned back to Lorcan. He straightened up - to represent himself and his pack and then with a clear, little rough voice announced his presence. "Welcome to Wildwood, stranger."

Guardian demostration? (1/3)

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2018, 01:17 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The scent of the nearby pack grew stronger, causing his nostrils to subconsciously flare as a mixture of dogwood, spruce and pine filled his nose. It was only when an unfamiliar voice called out to him, clear yet rough, through the subtle hissing of the afternoon breeze that Lorcan realised he was no longer alone. Turning his head, his golden eyes stared across to meet the similar-sized dark brown and grey figure of the stranger. "Thank you." The leader replied promptly whilst eyeing the stranger, before offering the wolf a polite dip of his head and neutral sway of his black-tipped tail behind him. 

It was only now that he was faced with one of the pack wolves that Lorcan realised how suspiciously close he was to their territory. Pale brows pinched together as he caught the male's green gaze. "Sorry, I didn't realise a pack was settled to close to here when I came down to investigate." The leader admitted as his russet ears pushed back in apology. The fact that there was a pack here was unsettling. It was barely a day away from the tarn and they had already had a run in with wolves from another neighbouring pack. Perhaps it was best therefore, Lorcan decided, to make a good impression with the subordinate standing in front of him now.

He blinked once, before swiftly pulling a smile across his charcoal lips.

"I'm Lorcán Santoro, leader of Clearwater Tarn." He introduced himself, the name still sounding foreign on his tongue. He hoped though, that by sharing some information he would receive some in return. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2018, 02:09 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir eyed at the older male while he introduced himself. There wasn't anything outwardly suspicious about him. He admitted he had come close to border by accident - no harm done there, and that he had come here to investigate something. Garmir's brow raised and his ear twitched slightly as he wondered what there might be worth investigating here in the wildwoods.

This was where Garmir's lack of diplomatic etiquette came into play. He approached the other male without stating his intention and he wore no obvious indication wether or not he was friendly. Garmir's body language was minimal, his tail simply remaining idle behind him as he closed the gap between then, approaching Lorcan slightly from his side - his head lowering somewhat as he took a good whiff of the other one - simultaniously leaving himself of course open for inspection.

He spoke again, his voice similarly neutral and rough as before. "Investigating what? If you are scouting our pack, there is no need to hide it." -he murmured while remaining at the snapping distance from the other. What else might this supposed leader be investigating in the wildwoods if not Charred Ash Draw? Surely not these snow tortillas that surrounded them.

Garmir almost forgot he had not yet introduced himself. Usually when name was given to him, it was only fair to give one in return and true enough, he replied - even if with less ceremony. "I am Garmir. From Charred Ash Draw." The earthen male would have propably attacked by now were it his intention and he seemed to be more after information than blood. His poison green eyes turned again to Lorcan and he asked; "Where is this Clearwater Tarn?."

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2018, 02:43 PM by Garmir.)

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had only just managed to introduce himself when he noticed the male stalking towards him. Pale brows furrowed in confusion, and he remained still for moment, doing his best to remain calm as the wolf he had only just met moved in ever closer. It was only when he realised that the male did not appear to show any sign of stopping his advancement that Lorcan's ears pressed back, golden eyes narrowed and his uneasy smile suddenly faltered — making way for pale fangs as they flashed out from behind curling charcoal lips. He spun around quickly, chin pressing defensively against his chest to protect his throat should the pack wolf intend to attack him. 

A low growl in warning rumbled out of his throat as the darker male reached his side, and his tail began to lash quickly behind him as he kept his eyes trained on the wolf's muzzle. Lorcan's body was stiff, tense, ready to spring into action at any moment should the male try to threaten him. His frown deepened as he noticed the stranger sniffing at him. The leader's tail rose higher, moving now to wave dominantly over his back. If the male was sizing him up for a fight, Lorcan was ready. As they were, with the darker male approaching him from the side, Lorcan had the advantage. He could easily lunge for his opponents neck, whilst meanwhile his was shielded from immediate danger...

At the male's question, Lorcan's muzzle wrinkled. "I wasn't. I came here looking for plants. Medicinal plants." He replied sharply through gritted teeth as he continued to bare his fangs to the brown and grey male. 

Lorcan chose to move away then, quickly stepping off to one side, he circled back around to face the male — purposefully placing more space between them to give him time to react should the male approach him quickly again. A single russet ear pricked up at the male mentioned his name and that of his pack. The leader dared to divert his gaze briefly across to the trees where @Garmir had originally appeared from, returning it to meet the male's poison green stare as he asked about the location of the tarn. "Further north, beside the mountain." The leader replied, still a little on edge. Purposefully he decided to withhold how truly close the tarn was, being only a day away from the woods they were currently stood in. He wasn't sure about the male and if the rest of the pack were anything like him, he wasn't entirely keen on the idea of them stopping by for a visit. 
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Often times Garmir did not even notice how his straightforward and direct manners could be interpited as hostility. Other times he intentionally maintained level of tension, because it was fun and because it served image Garmir wanted to give away of himself. This instance might have been the latter as the earthen male cast a tiniest of smirk when he saw Lorcan draw some distance between them. Hearing Lorcan growl had brought that smile on Garmir's face, but he had not replied in kind - not a sound.

He turned away and took few steps aside himself so that there would again be more comfortable distance between them. His own tail still did nothing, nor did his body language show much else than idle curiosity, his ears being the only part of him that moved, following Lorcan. "I'm terrible with herbs, but perhaps our medic could know better what to find in here." -Garmir murmured to Lorcan in reply while he turned again to face the other man. Perhaps he was indeed seeking for medical herbs in these forests, but Garmir wanted to be honest with the stranger.

"I apologize if I come out as hostile, for that I am - but I'm sure you understand my concern here. I just need to walk few moments that way.." -Garmir nodded at the direction of Charred Ash Draw "..and I would be home. Similarly, sometimes our young come playing here, or some members come here. In other words, this is pretty much our forest - at least this end of it. I merely want to ensure you pose no danger to us. Fair don't you agree?" -He explained, not seeing any reason to hide anything about his intentions. If Lorcan was here truly with no ill intent, nothing should happen to him.

Guardian demostration 3/3 (?)