370 Users Online
Google, Bing, Ozark, Miriam, Oleander, Finley, Hazelnut

a strange sort of peace — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
@Kajika || Early Afternoon, Clear Sky, 21.2 ° F, -6 ° C
Day 30-35: Expectant mothers may see a drastic change in their diet; she might have cravings for more higher energy, protein, and mineral-rich foods or she might have a decreased appetite Her belly will also begin to look noticeably swollen as the pups take up more space in her abdomen.

She didn't want to eat even if she needed to. Often times eating brought on the uncomfortable churn of her stomach. Maybe she was eating the wrong things or maybe it was the nerves. As time went on the signs of her expectancy become more obvious. She felt sort of tender and often times had trouble finding just the right position to rest in.

Part of her failed to remember why she had done this. Not to say she was unhappy with things. It was more of the process of things she was upset with. She kind of wish she knew more of what to expect.

Those thoughts aside she had managed to slip out of the territory without running into anyone. At first, she had planned to find something worth eating but the warmth of the sun on her back gave her a bit of a sluggish feeling. So she found a large slab of stone that overlooked the lake. While she had no intention of viewing the sight, it would make for a lovely resting spot.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Time was passing much too slowly for the alpha and a constant flutter of butterflies in his stomach was present. With each day and each change in Birtie the anticipation grew. It was what had sent him out of the territory in search of something to hunt early that morning but he'd returned empty pawed having been unable to concentrate on what he was doing. It was a good thing they still had some wolves that we're able to keep their heads in the hunt.

He’d returned to the cove and the den he shared with Birtie only to not find her there. He needed to make sure she was doing alright even though it had only been a few hours since he'd seen her last. Following her scent it led him down to the lake and he soon found her.

A smile passed over his lips as he stood watching her for a moment, the mother of his children. That familiar sense of disbelief washing over him once more. He took the steps to close the distance between himself and the rock she was resting on. Once he’d come up next to it he peeked over the edge, “Is there anything I can get you?” He asked quietly hoping to not disturb her too badly.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She should have known that she wouldn't be alone for long. She wasn't that lucky, was she? As she had been shifting about, trying to get comfortable with the added weight, a voice called out to her. Her hackles raised at first as she realized she was a bit vulnerable out here but a quick glance told her it was a familiar face.

Her tail thumped against the stone. Think I'm good. She hummed in response. The large Parlow was content to let a silence fall between them. There were a few questions rolling around on the tip of her tongue but none of them felt right to ask. Except for one. How are you holding up? She asked softly. A lot had been going on lately. Obviously there was her to tend to along with the somewhat recent passing of his old friend. On top of his already established leader duties. She wondered how he managed to do it all.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It wasn't hard to find her by the lake on top of that large stone. It reminded him of another day but he shook that from him mind. This was different, she was different and as sad as he was to admit it this was better. He didn't immediately jump up and lay down next to her but checked on her all the same. Despite Namid's recent passing he still did everything he could to make sure she was well taken care of. He knew his former leader wouldn't want him to stop his life because she had passed away.

He smiled as her tail thumped the rock under her as she stated that she was good. “Good, if it changes though…,” he trailed off figuring he didn't have to finish. She would know what he meant. His dark ears perked as she inquired to how he was doing, it was a very loaded question. He gave her a half smile, “Better, I miss her but I'm looking forward to what's to come. Nervous about becoming a father but confident in the pack.” That was the shortened version but all in all he felt he was doing well and taking things in stride. “Are you doing okay with everything?” He asked since he was by no means the only one going through something.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She nodded her head as his words trailed off. The Parlow had heard it before and she was sure she was going to hear it plenty of more times.

The pale female was interested in his answer, ears leaning forward to catch his words. He need not elaborate on his words, Birtie knew who it was that he missed. Everything else he said was clear as well. She motioned with her head for him to join her up on the rock. Sounds like maybe you could use a bit of a break. As for me? I don't really want to think about anything, I worry my head off in the territory. Out here I just want to enjoy the sun while it's around. The large wolf rumbled as she shifted a bit, making sure there was room for him by her. Just because the sun was out didn't mean it was entirely warm. There was still a harsh bite to the wind.

Her eyes closed as she settled her head on the stone beneath them, a small sigh escaped her as she tried to silence her own thoughts.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He has said it plenty of times to her and Moonshadow maybe even Bastet once or twice. Always the reminder that if they needed anything they should come to him. Alpha or not he'd always been there and would he there for them until the day he couldn't. Namid's death had served to remind him that his day would come and he would leave those he loved behind. Would he face it as bravely as she had?

He took the cream woman's invitation to join her on the rock and in one swift movement he was standing next to her. He then settled on the rock beside her, they could keep each other warm from the biting wind. “A break does sound nice and it sounds like you need one too. Though I must say you've picked a very good place to enjoy the sun. Hopefully we will have more days for it soon.” Spring had to be in the way opening the way for warmer days. His thoughts had also wandered to that as well and his unborn children.

He too rested his head on the stone next to hers. A nap in the sun next to her seemed a fitting way to spend the afternoon. “Do you like fish?” He asked her quietly. Perhaps hmif she we're in the mood for it he could catch her one later.