(See All?) Announcements
249 Users Online
Jadon, Bing, Aquene, Google

the sun's not rising — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Open to one or two others. Please keep in mind Birtie's condition as she is only a few days away from giving birth! || Morning, Scattered Clouds, 46.4 ° F, 8 ° C

And the dream won't leave your head

She felt awful. She felt heavy and awful. The expectant mother felt like she had to be on the verge of the end of all of this. There was no way she could get any wider. Her hips already ached and she felt exhausted by everything. So she had restricted herself to the den that was frequently shared between Kajika and her. A few furs had been added for comfort but it was still mostly the same. Familiar and comfortable.

It was with a heavy huff that she settled in the corner of the den that a few furs had been pushed back into. While she trusted @Kajika to be close by she still felt safer being far away from the entrance. She would have loved to snag a bit of sleep but the uncomfortable feeling in her gut told her to maybe not get comfortable just yet.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The time until he became a father was growing shorter and he was becoming more nervous. Sometimes pacing outside the den that he shared with Birtie just so he wouldn't drive her crazy with it. She had turned their den into her birthing den which he didn't mind. The furs that had been added we're a nice change but he knew his days sleeping in there were probably numbered. He didn't mind, whenever that day came he was ready to keep watch outside the den.

Until that day the mother of his children needed taken care of so he'd slipped away before dawn that morning. He returned later with a fresh caught rabbit hanging from his jaws which he dropped at the den entrance before entering. When he did he found the cream figure of Birtie in the back of the den. “I brought you something to eat if your hungry,” he told as he dropped to his stomach, “If not I can save it for when you are. Do you need anything else?” He asked as he crawled a little closer but not wanting to crowd her too much.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
please excuse the phone post, will tidy up in the morning~

If she had felt more chipper and energetic perhaps her tail would have thumped on the den floor. Instead she gave a weak smile at the presence of the dark male. She wasn't very hungry, didn't have the desire to try and keep anything down, but the thought was nice. His question caused a soft hum to escape her.

"Maybe something for the pains." Little did she know the ache in her hips was just the beginning of worse to come. "That lady...the small one with the dark fur. Her name was..." Her words trailed off as she tried her best to remember. It seemed the pregnancy had made her have an occasional fit of forgetfulness. "The healer. Do you think she has anything?" Surely it was warm enough to start trying to find things. Although she could have been being too hopeful.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries!

All he got when he entered the den was a weak smile which he couldn't really blame her. There was no way he could possibly imagine what she was going through. It was why he tried to make things as easy for her as possible. He smiled as she hummed in response to her question.

He nodded when she spoke of needing something for the pain and going on to see if he could speak to the healer.

“I will talk with Sylva and see if she has something to help. It's not too bad is it?” He asked his brow forrowing in worry. “Do I need to have her come and check up on you?” he added as he reached out to lightly brush her muzzle. He knew it wouldn't be much comfort but maybe it would help a little.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

His question caused her lips to tug down. "It's not enjoyable by any means but I think I can manage. I've made it this far." She said with a sharp shrug of her shoulders. What was she to do? Asking for the healer's advice was the best she was going to get.

"Maybe...maybe she could just tell you what will help me feel better. I'd feel more comfortable if it was you helping." The large female admitted as she leaned into Kajika's touch. A soft sigh escaped her as her eyes closed. "I kind of can't wait for this to all be over with." The Parlow said as a soft laugh escaped her showing she meant it more lighthearted rather than out of anger. She was as big as a moose (in her mind) and her temperament was all over. Birtie had no doubt her partner would be somewhat relieved when this was all done with too.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When she mentioned the pain he worried that it was something that he should worry about. As she went on she didn't seem to be too alarmed which eased his fears a little. Feeling that if anyone would know if something was terribly wrong she would. “You have and you've done great through all of it.”

It seemed she wasn't comfortable with Sylva just yet as she talked about him finding out what to do. “I will talk to her and see what she can suggest I do to help you.” Anything Birtie wanted he would be sure she had. If she only wanted him to help her at such a time that was what she would have. She leaned into his touch and sighed which gave him hope it had brought her the comfort he'd hoped it would. He did smile at her little confession. “It will be soon enough. I'm ready for it to be over with too and for them to he here already.” He was fairly certain their reasons were different as to why he was ready for it to be over. The truth of the matter was he didn't mind whatever temperament she presented him with.