Google, Bing, Adora, Finley, Sophrosnia

[BWP][S]T-t-touch but I got nobody — Blackened Down 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 39 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
@Kerberos

Matilda Archer was delaying.

After the run in at the willows she should have continued south as she had originally planned, but instead she had faded back into the trees, heading west under the cover of the forest. She hadn't gotten off so easily, bruises and small stinging cuts, hardly bad enough to scar made her neck and shoulder stiff and her face more comfortably left sitting with a blank expression. As much as she wished to scowl, they had come out of the encounter on top, after a turning of the tides bought her aunt and... well whatever Adeltra was, she was probably a cousin of some sort... But she couldn't stay still for long, there was still so much to see.

Things got strange around here. Green old trees gave way to blackened trunks and fallen sections of forest where new growth was well and truely in swing. "Huh." It wasn't the most eloquent observation, but as far as she knew she was alone.
(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2018, 05:11 AM by Tilly.)
Hammering the nails
[Image: lFdPYfu.png]
Into a sacred coffin
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
some minor swears
kerberos rigel
shoot him again 'cause i can see his soul dancing

He escaped the territory moment in a dizzy haze. Most things didn't seem real these days but that wasn't the problem. The problem was himself - or so he thought. It seemed impossible to clean up his act and make others not hate him or snap at him. Whatever. He still pissed on the borders with the rest of them and remained for Treyah's sake.

Perhaps that's why he slipped off to this place. She always found him here but he doubted that would be the case now. There were children likely latched onto her, keeping her weighed down. It had crossed his mind to eat them but that was kind of fucked up and even beyond his capabilities of evil.

It was a soft word that drew him from his thoughts. Huh indeed. He called out in return. The yearling would have almost been hidden amongst all the charred bark had it not been for their silver hairs.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
Ah shit. She wasn't alone, but she was going to try and play it cool at least. It wasn't like she was completely defenceless. She plastered her best smile on her face (even if it stung the shallow cuts on her face), head tilting ever so slightly as her bright eyes finally fell on her companion. Of course he stank of a pack, it was the only way to safe safe with all these damn vermin around. "Oh sorry, I didn' mean ter get so close," and honestly, she hadn't. But the coyotes seemed less plentiful near packs and she was avoiding crawling up to her mothers and begging for a place to stay. "Have you uh, been in these parts long?"
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel
shoot him again 'cause i can see his soul dancing

Don't sweat it. He gave a sharp roll of his shoulders before feeling a dull ache. She wasn't causing trouble and it didn't seem like she was from around these parts. He had half a mind to drag the younger girl back as some kind of offering to the Tainn leader. She liked strays, right?

A brow raised at her question as he gave a soft hum. Longer than I thought I would ever be. Then he realized that didn't answer much. Least a year. Still vague but it wasn't like he was counting days. He'd almost argue that he had been in these woods too long, seen it all and needed a change before he kept tripping over his own dumb actions. Ah but a bit late for that.

Where you headed? She didn't smell like anyone heavy enough to indicate a pack even if the faint scent of the willows and coyote clung to her.

Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
She would be lying if she didn't admit she was afraid. Afraid of finding herself ensnared in something bigger than herself, left to stagnate as the rest of the world moved by. It was part of the reason she was taking her sweet time getting back to the lagoon, "So longer than I've been alive then..." There was a wicked light in her eye as she teased the man, a smirk pulling at her lips followed closely by a chuckle. "'s probably more like where am I tryin' ter avoid... Ma's got a pack down by th' lagoon, but I've just been havin' too much fun with these coyotes to quite make it back yet. Kinda tastes like defeat yer know?"
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

A soft sneer tugged at his features. Don't make me feel old or I might change my mind about your presence. His words a bit sharp but mostly meaningless. He was getting old, wasn't he? Or maybe she was just some little kid too nosy for her own good. He had certainly been there before.

Then she said something that captured his attention fully. I know that more than you might think I do. Just don't get in over your head, alright? He said like a father might to a daughter. Shit...she was old enough to be his daughter - his still missing daughter. That was a wound he hadn't expected to rip right open. He shook it off with a stoic face.

You got a name? He asked with a sharp rise of one brow.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Four coyotes appear from the shadows, posturing aggressively.
Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
Don't get in over your head. It wasn't the first time someone had passed on such sagely advice, and it probably wouldn't be the last. She braved the advice with a toothy smile, eyes only narrowing slightly when he asked after her name, "Matilda Archer-Lyall," She put on an air of fake pomp and graces before relaxing her posture and tone, "But Tilly is jus' fine. Only get called Matilda when I'm really in trouble, yer know?" And just as she was about to ask his name in turn, those bastard coyotes had to turn up and ruin everything.

She recognised at least one, easily distinguishable from the wound over its backside. "Knew I shouldn'a let that one go..." she muttered darkly to herself, visibly bristling as she took in the cowardly coyotes fresh reinforcements. "They jus' keep fuckin' comin' don' they?" But she wasn't about to wait for an answer before her chest puffed up and she stepped menacingly towards the small band. She wasn't some wounded doe to be tracked and killed. She could, and would bite back.
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel
i've been sent to torch the palace down in broad daylight

Before he had a chance to even offer his own name or inquire about her Archer lines, unwanted company appeared. A disinterested grunt left him and a growl soon followed.

He had a sour taste in his mouth for the coyotes but they were outnumbered at the moment and he was sure everyone was likely busy doting over the new mother(s) in the Draw. Let them have this one. Come on and I'll patch up your wounds, get you a meal. Then we can go get them, alright? An unspoken promise that the Archer-Lyall yearling would get her proper revenge. He then swiftly motioned with a sharp jerk of his head. If someone wanted to bitch about him tending to a situation rather then starting it...well, he'd rip them a new one - give them something to really complain about.

Inactive No Rank
Matilda Archer
The girl had a reckless streak, and she almost didn't hear her companion trying to talk her down. She could feel the sharp smile that was inching onto her face, but she didn't quite know just what it signified. She had never been one to do something so reckless, but she had always enjoyed a fight. It hadn't been until the Willows that she remembered quite how much. Having spent so long just trying to get here alive, she had reined herself in, but did she really have to anymore? They were just a couple of coyotes.

Her movement was enough to have her prior adversary backing up nervously, but it wasn't enough to deter his companions. The yittering that passed between them almost could have passed for speech, not that she cared to try and decipher it. Her jaws clicked menacingly, but she decided to hold her ground, after all, if they went after her, no doubt her companion would feel inclined to get involved to and she didn't want to be responsible for someone else getting beat up too. "Alright, if yer want ter lead th' way I can catch up, I'm pretty fast but I don't wanna turn my back on this lot..." She took a step back, which drew the largest of the bunch forward with her... Maybe, just maybe... one little charge would be enough to scare them off? If she thought about it too long she would lose her nerve so she took it, the injured coyote from her last encounter keeping true to form and fleeing, but the largest was more than happy to meet her head on.

She had overestimated her capabilities.
Hammering the nails
Into a sacred coffin