(See All?) Announcements
316 Users Online
Google, Jadon, Apollo, Baidu, Jethro, Adora, Apolline

Haunted Night — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Halloween RE: The temperature drops suddenly, like you've walked into something totally surreal. Open to anyone!

jynx myrddin

It was just one of those nights. Jynx couldn't sleep, no matter how hard she tried or how much she tossed and turned in the communal den. She didn't know what the cause was...nothing had been nagging at her mind as of late. Everything in her life in the pack seemed to be going smoothly.

Resigning herself to the fact that she would get no sleep anytime soon, and at the risk of disturbing her slumbering pack mates, she headed for the opening of the den. On her way she gently touched the back of Legolas' ear as she passed. Outside the night air was still and silent. The sky was clear, allowing the star dotted canvas to be reflected perfectly on the lakes surface. There she paused, yellow optics peering out ahead towards the distant islands. She had yet to visit them and though she was tempted to explore, a chilly swim at this time of year was just not worth the strain. So she headed east, towards the borders and a ways beyond, thinking that a walk would tire her out.

But she was wide awake. She felt like she could stay up well until dawn. She shook her head, focused on nothing in particular. Her thoughts drifted to a midnight snack, but she wasn't terribly hungry. As a rocky outcrop came into view, which would afford her a scenic look of the lake, she suddenly shivered. The air was freezing all of a sudden! Wide eyed, she whipped her head around to see if she was being followed. She saw nothing, but the mysterious aura surrounding her made her hairs stand on end. Just to air on the side of caution, she let out a growl, though not a particularly threatening one into the night.

(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2018, 06:31 PM by Jynx.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Hope you don't mind me joining this. :)

She left around mid-day. She briefly mentioned that she would be out for the day to @Laike and that she would be back by tomorrow but nothing other than that was mentioned. It it was Drestig, he would have simply understood that she needed space, especially after being stuck with the borders of Wild Rye Fields with their pesky cousins running around the lore like they owned it. But Laike was not Drestig and the Tainn woman felt no where near comfortable telling the younger man how suffocated she felt by pack life nor she did want to disappoint him or anyone else in the pack, because she had been trying hard for them since her husbands death to be the best leader she could be.

At first, Jessie didn't know exactly where she was going. It took her a few hours to recognize she was on route to her former home. The woman would never make it there, of course. She had promised to be back by the next day and Jessie Tainn was a woman of her word.

It was dark and cold by the time she arrived in Turtleback Lake. It was not a familiar cold, however, and the woman almost wondered whether she should continue on through the night or return home then. She felt much better know to have dirt terrain beneath her paws but the eerie silence in the night did not settle well with her, so she pushed on. A growl caught her off guard and the woman inhaled sharply, her lips pulling back automatically into a snarl. It only took her a moment to realize something. Her voice rang clear and calm through the clearing, "I'm no threat to you. My name is Jessie Tainn, from Wild Rye Fields." This wolf was from Driftwood Surge, and if that were true they should truly hold no threat to one another.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

jynx myrddin

To her surprise, her vocalization was returned with a womanly voice. Their tone was calm and even. Steady. At first the salt and pepper woman's words slid in and out her own russet ears. Jynx squinted her eyes shut, tightly. She shook her head, as if trying to clear a fog from her brain. To convince herself that she really wasn't just hearing things in the dead of night.

When her yellow optics focused back on the ground at her paws again, it was with renewed clarity that three words the woman had said, were indeed, familiar. Wild Rye Fields. So, this was no dream then. The hairs along her nape and spine that had begun to prickle, smoothed down into their natural position. She turned in a slow circle, searching for the woman, no doubt somewhere close by. "Certainly not." She called out into the night. The Rye wolves were a trusted ally of Driftwood. This far away from their open home, no true member of theirs would come with ill intent. Jynx released a slow sigh, moving forward slowly in a general direction, letting her nose guide her. "Forgive me. This night...there's something about it. Has me on edge..." The air was no less frigid, even in the company of another, of whom she knew to be no foe.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

When she received confirmation that they were indeed allies, Jessie did not hesitate to move forward. After her eyes readjusted, she saw a larger tricolor woman, with yellow eyes. She seemed slightly familiar, but the grey woman could not match a face to a name, nor the scent to anyone she knew. The Tainn's ears flicked forward at the other woman's words, nodding her head in agreement. There was something about the night that was just off. Wrong. "Indeed. I feel as if when I try to get away from the dreariness of it all for one night but it just follows me," she muttered this softly, with a soft laugh, but she was sure it was loud enough for her companion to hear.

Jessie was looking around the area, a small frown on her face before she turned back to look at the other woman. Her voice was soft when she spoke, "What is your name?"

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
jynx myrddin

Soon, she picked out a shape. Petite, salt and pepper colored. She had at last laid eyes on the wolf...this stranger in the eerie night with her. Jynx wracked her brain, trying to remember if she had ever encountered this female in the past before. Most likely not. Back when she led White Fir Notch with Emrys, she had been visited by one of the subordinates, but not her.

She padded closer quietly, stopping a respectable distance away. The Rye lead, Jessie, seemed to be plagued with the same restlessness as she. The tawny woman let out a dry, short laugh. "You aren't alone. I can relate to that feeling." She said with a small sigh, briefly turning her yellow eyes to peer out into the distance of the night.

Time for formalities. Not that she minded. Her attention politely redirected, courtesy of her inquiry, she tipped her chin down in a light bob. "Jynx Myrddin. I don't believe we've met, but it is nice to meet you, Jessie." It was easy to tell that the Tainn had several years of wisdom and experience on her. An admirable quality, and something she could benefit from in these uncertain times. "What brings you so far from home at this hour?"

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

While Jessie listened to what the other woman had to say, the Rye Queen couldn't shake the feeling that she'd at least seen the other woman before. She pushed this thought to the back of her mind, deciding that she wouldn't push any further, at least not for now. When Jynx tipped her head down in a polite bow, it took all of Jessie's control in her body not to wince. While her pack members might know that no formalities were needed with her, it was another matter entirely when dealing with other packs. The Tainn sucked it up and remained silent, offering a brief nod in acknowlegment to her before addressing the question issued to her.

She was silent for a moment and scanned the area. It wasn't too bad, it was certainly better than being cramped in the Rye territory. Jessie's voice was firm when she spoke, "I just needed some space to clear my head. I issued an order for everyone to remain within the borders unless accompanied by another with all the 'yotes running around - myself included. A woman needs her alone time to think." She glanced over at the other woman, a small smile on her lips. Jessie's eyebrows lifted, her voice traveling across the empty space, "And you? It's still quite late for a midnight stroll." Any friend of Lachesis and Lilya's was a friend of hers, and Jessie would be foolish not to treat her as such.