677 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Alarick

Snow way! — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
@Vayko

It was...oddly quiet around him, which greatly disturbed Casper. The pale boy had arrived at these lands not long ago, thinking based on the large landscape that they’d be abundant and full of other creatures to interact with. He’d broken from his familial pack in order to find himself and possibly meet other wolves to see how they lived and there had been hope he’d run into a few new faces by now.

Yet the woods he was currently in were strangely empty, even of animals like deer and birds it seemed like. It troubled him that not even prey animals appeared to be running about at the moment, never mind the fact Casper had yet to run into another wolf. Was there something wrong with them? Looking around, there was plenty of new life with young trees scattered everywhere everywhere his light amber eyes looked so it wasn’t a terrible place to be.

But there was also blackened earth beyond the green -or well, snow he supposed - if he looked close enough. Large trees that were sagging and barely holding on as new moss and various other plant life scrambled across the dying trees. Had a great fire broken out here? It appeared likely but it also looked like it was quite some time ago, as Casper paused by a fallen log, with moss growing over it.

“I guess a fire would scare anyone away.”
Casper mumbled to himself as he flopped next to the log, not minding the snow melting and sinking into his fur. His pelt was already somewhat wet from slipping on some snow covered ice so a little more couldn't kill him right? The pale male figured he'd have a break because there was no one around the immediate area so he'd be safe to relax for a moment. At least, as far as he knew.  
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2021, 06:31 AM by Casper.)
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Over the past couple days, he had made the area a bit of a ‘home base’. He knew Viorel and Andrey both had gone adventuring to other lands just as he had, but he always returned to this spot because it was their first encounter with these strange lands, and there were advantages to having the overgrown forest to work from. He didn’t do anything drastic like mark borders with his scent, but his mere presence had stunk up the place quite a bit, and he hoped it was a deterrent… hoped, but he did not expect it. After all, what was one yearling against a band or a group or even a more battle hardened loner? Sure, if his cousins were with him, things were more fair and easier, but they all had their own adventures and they did not travel together all the time, much to his dismay.

He hadn’t been hunting out of here, because apart from the carcass that he and his cousins had found, the place seemed to be lacking. He went elsewhere. He was even able to wrangle a few fish out of the creek, though he had decided that was a better spring activity due to the biting temperatures of the water. How the fish even survived in such a climate was beyond him. He’d settled into an old log, one that had scorch marks that suggested a fire had ravaged the land. Perhaps that was why the place was so desolate… he hadn’t been paying attention from his humble abode until he heard that voice.

His ears perked up instantly as he poked his head out. To be fair, it was a pretty big log, and might have been used as a den in a previous time. “Or maybe it was me scaring wolves away.” He meant to spook the wolf, because he had been safely tucked inside it prior to his words. “What’re you doing near my log?”

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2021, 07:36 AM by Vayko.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey

Blinking slightly as a voice spoke to him, Casper simply lifted his eyes and stared at the tawny wolf for a moment. This was his home? It seemed rather...lacking, if Casper was being completely honestly. To claim something as a home wasn’t out of the ordinary for wolves. But a log of all things? A small voice inside him was scowling at him for not noticing another coming up on him and another was unimpressed at how impolite the other was being. The pale wolf wasn't particularly fussed either way, as wet, slightly sore and tired as he was. Either way, his mother would certainly be criticising both of the boys and their manners if she was here.

But there was certainly some guilt for resting somewhere that was obviously someone else's - albeit unknowingly temporary - home so Casper pushed himself up and opened his mouth to apologise for that much at least.

"Sorry about that, I just needed to rest for a moment is all. Thought I was alone." Was all he gave because really, what more was needed? It was the truth. A stray thought then crossed through his mind as the scent of other wolves on the other’s coat swept by his nose. Shit, had he really been so careless? Was he in pack territory? Or was that it was just a small group traveling together? What if the other male decided to call on them and it escalated from there? Either way, it didn’t sit well with him. They all weren’t here yet so Casper had the chance to try and strike up some conversation.

“Do you happen to know this area?”
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko was not terribly fond of his home. He much preferred his actual home that bordered the sea, but this would do just fine for now, until he could find his way back. Perhaps he was brought here for a reason; perhaps those strange two-legged creatures had some reason. Perhaps they were actually saving him and his family. He found it odd such predators would take them only to let them go instead of enacting their justice or taking a kill against them, but it wasn’t his place to question why he was still alive, not when there was no one to answer for it.

The man apologized, and that sat well with Vayko. It was nice to see such respect. He deserved it. He’d earned it. “Yeah, well, now you know.” He responded indignantly, still holding his ground but letting the other man off as easily as he could. Tact was not his forte, nor would it ever be. He preferred blunt and brash vernacular. It simply worked better for him. “There are plenty of logs elsewhere.” He offered, because this log belonged to him and he was not keen on giving it up, not even to family lest his sister arrive. He’d share with her, but that was about it.

The question came and he snorted softly. “Of course I know the area well! These are my lands after all.” He didn’t have the mettle at the moment to enforce it, but he could dream. Perhaps in time, they could gather enough wolves, and Vayko could take his place and rule. That would go well, right? It wouldn’t be a Lord of the Flies sequel… only time would really tell.

Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
Casper almost wanted to squint suspiciously at the other boy, because if he did know the lands, wouldn’t it have been better to pick something other than a log to call a den? But the questions stayed in his mouth. This could just be a sort of temporary shelter or just a resting spot the other wolf enjoyed spending his time at. And something told him that if he went along with it, there’d be no trouble.

“Well, it is a very nice log, though I’m more inclined towards little caves and dugout dens you know?” Swearing in his head at his inability to not make himself sound awkward, Casper took a few steps away from the log and as he went to settle on his haunches again, a loud growl escaped his stomach. Of course it would make its presence known now, of all times. It didn’t help that his brain was playing tricks on him and making the smell of rabbit waft by his nose as if there were some nearby.

Hold up, there was a scent of rabbits on the air. And Casper’s stomach rumbled even more at the smell. He hadn’t eaten well in days, only mostly managing to scavenge and supplementing with rabbits and other small prey when he could.

“So do you smell those rabbits too?”
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko eyed him up and down, lacking the contentment he felt when alone or surrounded by his family. It tended to put him in a foul mood that showed itself at only the worst of times. What else was he supposed to do? Vayko frowned at the other boy’s words with a soft growl rising in his throat. It sounded rather brash if you had to ask him. “Yeah, well I prefer logs.” Truthfully, he also preferred little caves and dugout dens, but if it was a nap by himself, a log felt easier to defend, and it felt like less predatory animals might challenge him for the resting place. He’d reserve caves and dugouts for when he was with the rest of the group.

The question fell and Vayko huffed indignantly. “What, do you think I’m noseblind? Of course I smell those rabbits.” He answered as if it were obvious, because to him it was as the rabbits scent made their way through his nose just beyond their conversation. He had to wonder if this boy was playing at something, either way, it didn’t matter to him, and he heard his own hunger pangs reach the surface as he licked his chops. He’d been ignoring that hunger, suppressing it even… but now that the scent had been brought up in conversation he found himself salivating. “You up for a hunt?” He was hungry, as was the wolf across from him too, and perhaps a little hunt would do good to temper his foul mood as it had with Annaliese.

Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
Casper almost snorted at his answer, wanting to snipe back with maybe he was, because Casper of all wolves noticed before him. But the white wolf kept his maw shut. He really did not want to go picking any fights with strangers, in a strange land. Tere was some day he'd like to go back to his family and see them again.

"Sure, I have not eaten in a while." Nodding, Casper shifted slightly to try figure out where the scent was but paused after a few moments. If this guy saw the area as his, it'd probably be a good idea to let him take the lead, as hungry as he was. "Have you got any game plans to catch them?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko was defensive of his home and pride was certainly his biggest monster. He had something of an ego… he took up his offer of a hunt, and Vayko was shifting onto his feet, his tail wagging as he was clearly pleased that they were going to be hunting because then something productive would have come from this conversation after all.

The question came and he hummed, keeping his voice more hushed now. “I think the best way to catch them is for one of us to flush them out and chase them towards the other.” He offered simply, because it seemed to him like the only real strategy to catch more than one. The goal was for both of them to eat, and if they only caught one… well, he didn’t feel like getting into a fight over a scrawny rabbit today.