677 Users Online
Bing, Google

There is no safe place — Hidden Tree 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 25 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Annaliese
@Clover

Annaliese stirred from her rest, blinking her brown eyes and letting out a long whiny yawn. She stretched her legs and curled her toes. She'd found the den searching for a place to rest, and quite satisfied with this place, she was considering making it her campsite for the winter.

She looked outside from the tree at the snow and whined softly. She wanted the familar sand beneath her paws, not the cold crunch of hardened snow. The warm salty breeze of the ocean, not the cold shivering chill this forest offered. Still...at least...this den was a fine enough of a place to rest for now.

Ana needed to make a cache, and so, that morning she set out to see what she could hunt.

OOC: Annaliese smells like the Valle boys due to human antics.
[Image: LoneWolf1.png]
Currently Annaliese smells vaguely like Valle wolves. During transportation, the humans rubbed her with their scent.
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Clover shook out her fur of the snow particles that clung to it, huffing out a breath that misted in the air before her muzzle, nose wrinkling from the cold. Luckily there was shelter from the snow and cold winds in the overgrown forest, but it was still just cold. She looked around, scrutinising the trees with a keen eye. Some specific trees had bark with medicinal properties, but they all looked very similar to her with her limited knowledge - she was still learning, after all.

She padded up to one of the evergreen trees, eyes squinted as she observed the rust-coloured bark. If she was remembering her studies correctly, the oils from the bark could be used to help with disinfecting wounds. Lifting up onto her hindlegs she scratched at the bark with a front paw, claws digging in and ripping into it. Clover sniffed at the wound she had made in the bark, tail wagging happily at the familiar aroma. This was it!

Working at the bark with her claws and teeth, Clover managed to rip off a decent chunk of the stringy bark, proudly holding it in her mouth. This would be perfect for if she ran into someone who had a wound which needed cleaning, and it seemed there were a couple wolves around here that she had already met so far, so it was only good planning to grab some of the bark now. She could always come back to get some more at a later time.
Inactive No Rank
Annaliese
Annaliese tredded through the snow quietly, studying it for any tale tell signs of prey. There were no tracks leaving little prints behind so far. No round scatt splatters nor a fresh scent trail. Not yet, at least. She was determined to find a meal regardless of this. The yearling trekked on at a steady trot.

After awhile of nothing she flopped her butt down with a huff. This wasn't as easy as fishing the coast! Nor could she slack off any if she were to pull through. It was bitterly cold and she imagined it would only worsen with time. She shivered as a breeze swept through her dark pelt, rustling the individual strands.

Then she heard it.

Scraping. Scraping! SCRAPING! Brown eyes lit up with a new spark of hope. The thought of scenting the air to confirm went over her head. She was excited. Nor did the consideration of a yearling vs a buck come to mind. She rose up to all four then crouched down low, slinking up towards the tree the noise was coming from. She moved slowly and precise, attempting to be silent footed. Her tail swayed in eager anticipation. She kept creeping forward, closer...closer...and closer.

Like a bullet from a gun Annaliese sprang forward, skidding around the tree and leaping towards her target. She collided, tumbling into and off of her prey. Ana rolled a bit in the snow before catching herself. She jumped up ready to make another move when the girl froze stock still...that...that was another wolf....and she had just tried to hunt them! Akwardly she stated, rather dumbfounded, "You're...You're not a deer."
Currently Annaliese smells vaguely like Valle wolves. During transportation, the humans rubbed her with their scent.
Clover Assana
Clover was so busy being proud at herself for finding the bark that she had no time to react at all when a large black form suddenly collided with her, sending both of them sprawling into the snow. The cedar bark left her maw as she cried out in surprise, pain lancing through her side at the collision. She gasped out a breath and rolled onto her stomach, eyes wide and ears flat on her skull as she looked around to find whatever had run into her, freezing when they landed on the form of another wolf who was far larger than her. Bracing herself for another attack that never came, she let out a surprised noise at the others' words.

She shook her head slowly, eyes still wide, chest heaving from the adrenaline. "Uhm no... I'm not," she said somewhat awkwardly, still not sure if she was going to get lunged at again. Why would the other wolf had thought she was a deer? Clover hurried to her paws, the bark all but forgotten in the wake of the other wolf, and she squared her stance just in case, but hoping it would not come to that. Maybe this was just a misunderstanding. "I'm Clover, I've been wandering around this part of the forest for a bit. Sorry if I uh... interrupted your hunt." Hopefully they could talk this out with each other.
Inactive No Rank
Annaliese
The cries the much smaller wolf made caused Ana to wince. She groaned at the thought of being lectured for her error. At first the other female laid there with her ears pinned and Annaliese didn't know what to take of it. She mirrored her, pinning down her own. The girl's head lowered slightly, embarrassed of her mistake. Still she stood rigid in case this wolf wanted a physical reprimand. Of course of which she wouldn't allow. No one was gonna hurt her without a fight, even if she was deserving.

"I...I see that..." She answered, heat washing over her in waves. What was she supposed to do now? Ana shuffled uncomfortably in the snow. Brown globes narrowed as the other took a defensive stance. Her hackles bristled at the unease, but no other form of aggression was displayed.

Uh... She stared blanky, mouth dry. The girl hadn't expected an explanation let alone a name. It wasn't this 'Clover' that was in the wrong. Her tail fell between her legs. She glanced away in bashful manner, "You didn't interrupt...I was about give up when...when I uh heard you collecting that bark." She explained refixing her eyes on the creamy woman. "I'm Annaliese, and I uh I uh I'm sorry." On a scale of awkward apologies that was at least a solid 9. The girl gave a weak, cheesy, smile and a stiff tail wag.
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2021, 01:17 PM by Annaliese.)
Clover Assana
Well at least the darker female felt embarrassed about her actions, that was enough for Clover to relax her posture even more. Clearly it had not been on purpose, so there was no need for her to get uppity about it and give the other female a lecture or telling off, even though it might be well deserved. When the other began to apologise she stood silently, ears pricked forward as she lightly shook her head. "Apology accepted, just don't go throwing yourselves at other wolves thinking they're deer. They might not react as well as I do," she said softly with a smile, hoping to ease the awkwardness pouring from the other female.

She glanced down at where she had dropped the chunk of cedar bark, pulling it closer to her with a forepaw. "This bark has medicinal properties and is used to treat infected wounds and such, I was gathering it just in case I came upon someone who was hurt," she explained, looking back at the darker female. "You didn't get hurt when you knocked into me?" She queried with a concerned expression on her face. Clover could feel a slight twinge in her shoulder from the impact but it would go away on its own with some rest and time, but she was worried about the other as she had gone sprawling further along the snow.
Inactive No Rank
Annaliese
Annaliese offered a short, awkward, laugh, I don't think they would." Then smiled, her tail swaying more freely now. Considering how bad things could've gone, she was grateful for this alternative. A friendly face. Not like that sour Vayko boy. Though....missing out on a meal sucked. She really needed to build a winter cache.

The dark yearling looked over the bark, confused. It was just bark, how could it do all that? What possible use could it have to anyone besides...well...nothing. It was just bark. Maybe she knocked her head on the trunk when they had collided? Although, she didn't look like she was hurt. "Why would you help someone else? It's winter, you need to take care of yourself." The harsh words were well meaning. In her own way, they were even caring. She was trying to advice this wolf so that she'd make it to the springtime. Pulling off bark to go around playing medic wasn't going to keep her belly full...at least, that's what Ana thought. She was a skilled survivalist and all, being a loner all her life.

Quietly she looked herself over at the question then shook her head softly. She was fine. Why did Clover go around caring about strangers? She cocked her head to the side slightly, eyeing the other wolf quizzically.

"Are you...not normally a loner?"
Clover Assana
She was glad to see the darker female become more relaxed as they spoke, hopeful that this encounter would end far better than how it had started. She seemed nice enough, if not a little bit overzealous as evident by her brash actions, but that was never a bad thing in her mind. Clover canted her head to the side curiously at her harsh words, wondering why her worldview was so... negative. Sure, winter was unforgiving at best and food was scarce, but if they did not look out for each other then how would any of them survive if something bad happened? Not looking out for others was, in her mind, a selfish thing to do, but she could understand why some wolves were like that.

"I help others because it is the right thing to do, and I have the knowledge to help them. I can't just leave someone who is hurting or injured, that's not the way I was brought up," she explained with a firm nod of her head. If she just left someone without even offering help, well it would go against everything she believed in. Not helping something was against the very core of her being. She believed that there was good in every wolf, even if outwardly they did not show it. She shook her head at the other female's question, "No, I recently left my pack to take on a new adventure at life and spread my knowledge to as many others as I can, helping whoever I find along the way who needs it." Although in hindsight leaving during winter was not her brightest idea, but it was too late to turn back now.
Inactive No Rank
Annaliese
[Image: pup9m13ederseekati_ceyla-18_20170401_1752037553.jpg]

Annaliese sighed heavily, shaking her head with a disapproving expression. "It doesn't matter if it's not how you were brought up. It matters that if you don't look out for yourself first, you're going to get killed. Whether indirectly or directly related. Right or wrong isn't of value, keeping your belly full is." Her voice was level and perhaps a little concerned. She wasn't trying to be mean, but educate this wolf. If she went about always helping strangers then who was going to take care of her? No one! Ana needed to make her see the world for what it was. Ironically she herself was going against her own words at this very moment. Instead of continuing her hunt, here she was. Trying to tell this woman to take care of herself.

The dark yearling shivered at the cold, "Why would a packer ever want to leave their cozy easy life for this?" She thought outloud before addressing Clover, "Its freezing. You need to learn to worry about yourself for your own good. Your....goals are noble...but no one else is going to stick their neck out for you." She explained this while taking a few steps off in the direction she'd come from, "I'm cold. If you're smart, you'll come warm up with me....maybe explain how bark isn't just bark?" She offered a smile then turned to walk away. It's not like she cared if the other followed...no not at all. Not like she was finding her positive attitude and company enjoyable. Of course not! Ana was right and Clover was wrong, so who cared if she came along?

-Exit-
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2021, 04:28 PM by Annaliese.)
Clover Assana
Clover frowned at the other female's words, while arguably sensible for a lone wolf to be thinking that way, it did not sit right with here to even consider it. "It's not as if I plan on going around purely seeking out others to help, I know I have to keep myself healthy before I can help others. It's just that if I come across someone who I can help, I will offer it to them regardless of the situation." Even if a wolf was not the nicest she would never turn them away if they were injured, unless of course it meant getting a swipe with some claws or teeth snapping at her. She was not stupid.

Her brows furrowed at the others' strange choice of word, but decided not to question it for now. "I don't expect them to," she murmured softly. Not all wolves were as openly kind as her, she knew that, but it would not deter her one bit. She leaned down to grab the chunk of bark in her jaws as the darker female began to walk away. Clover supposed she could dedicate some portion of the day to enlightening her about the medicinal properties of the bark, but she did still need to go searching for any other potential places to find herbs, or even a den site to keep warm during the night. It would be nice to talk for a while, and she found her spirits lifted a bit at the idea of having made a possible new friend.

~Thread fade