(See All?) Announcements
523 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm feeling fine — Velo en Cascada 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 56 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marian Selwyn-Tainn

Despite what many folks liked to think, Marian and her sister weren't joint at the hip. It was just that Selwyns, even now in their better days, were a notoriously stuffy bunch and it wasn't as the Tainn side of her family were much better either. That wasn't to say Marian and Treva didn't get along, rather spending weeks upon weeks  travelling across the wilds with her left the girl desperate for a breath of fresh air. Someone who hadn't the time to adjust to Marian's barrage of witty quips and know it all attitude, a new victim if you will. And so she wandered from the Edge, following the river as it meandered through the land, cutting through stone as it formed an icy alcove of sorts.

It was quiet here and from scent alone Marian could tell that no other wolf had passed through this area for quite a while. A whole lifetime perhaps. As she picked her way across the rocks, careful not to slip, she wondered what had driven the wolves away last time. Dad didn't like to speak about the details and most certainly didn't appreciate her attempts to shove her nose in his business but from what she'd managed to piece together this place made him sad. Like he'd lost something important to him along the way. That sort of made sense. Her parents got along well enough but there was no love between them, as though they'd only gotten together cause it was convenient. Which yeah...if Marian was forced to live a life she didn't truly want then she'd sure be cranky as fuck too. But it was all a big mystery and perhaps the reason as to why she'd agreed to venture off in the first place, the allure of knowing the unknown would always tempt Marian out of hiding.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2021, 10:47 PM by Marian.)
[Image: Marian.png]
[Image: tainn_selwyn_by_marthypie-dcq9dr4.gif]
Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

If you know what I know that I know

It's been a long time comin

This place wasn't familiar to him, but there was so little that was, he kept his pace steady. With all the damn trees the snow wasn't as deep and it was something he could appreciate. He'd been breaking trail too long before he'd reached this point, and he hated wasting energy. Being a hunter in the winter without a partner sucked ass. Why there had been many moments he'd wish he'd stuck with his sis, another part of him liked doing things on his own. It gave him a different kind of satisfaction.

It was evident Vareth had been one his own for awhile as he was thinner than he ought to be. Why he'd came across another loner now and again he'd wanted none of their company. He especially tried to stay clear of distinguished pack lines. It didn't bother him in the least these woods were so bare and empty or there wasn't even the slightest scent or marking of wolf. The Archer-Lyall had yet to see that as a bad sign. If no one lived here than he wouldn't have to deal with some snarky ass accusing him of trying to steal or trespass. He had no energy for that either.

At the first hint of water he changed course without a thought. It was a river, but as he mirrored it's path it was starting to get louder. He had to see this, but it was not the falls that first caught his eye. There was someone picking her way across the rocks. He stretched out his neck, watching with a spark of interest. "That takes some talent."

[/quote]
(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2021, 07:14 PM by Vareth. Edit Reason: table code )
Inactive No Rank
Marian Selwyn-Tainn

Marian paused, her ears flicking back as she noted the approaching stranger. To say that she'd had a pampered upbringing pretty damn accurate, so  it didn't really occur to her that it wasn't a great idea of leave herself exposed like this but so what? He said so himself, traversing over the slippery rocks wasn't half as easy as it looked, if he tried anything shifty she'd be able to give him a thing or two of her mind before she made a swift get away. Probably. But she didn't feel as though it would get to that.

She turned then, an smirk tugging at her lips as she tilted her head to the side, the very picture of smugness. Her bright yellow gaze lingered on his form, curious but holding him back at arms length as though her interest was only lukewarm. She was a fickle thing and it took a lot to hold her attention for long.

"For sure. And I got plenty." With her mother's sense of poise and grace she hoped to the next rock. Had she taken after her sire she would have no doubt slipped and banged her elbow. "Are you here sightseeing too?"

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

She was quite a picture. Confident and assured. It was her bright eyes that made him he wonder if her face had been a different color would they appear different? There was something else. It was evident she hadn't been on her own long. How fortunate for her. The problem was he couldn't tell for certain if that meant he should expect someone else to come upon them. A thought he wasn't fond of. No doubt they'd want to usher her away, and they might squawk at him. Something else he rather avoid. He was willing to risk it, knowing well from his parents some risks were worth taking. However, it seemed like it'd be a challenge to get close to her any way, let alone to see if her coat was as empty of scent as his own.

Obviously well pleased with herself, the slightest smile grew on his lips. He was probably not as smooth as his brothers, but he'd like to think he knew a thing or too about appeasing a lady. He'd had to tread careful with the girls of the Scowle."I can imagine," he mused, feeling very much like she was up to something. Why there was a sense to take caution again, someone else could be close by, he had yet to pay it attention. He still had a thing or two to learn."Is fishing one of those talents? Or do you sing and trick all the rabbits to come to you?" He was teasing to a point, but clearly interested in what they might be.

"Yes, I am", he replied. He took that to mean she didn't live around here then. Nobody went sight seeing in their own backyard."But I don't think we are looking at the same things," he replied, as he'd yet to let his mismatched gaze leave her dark coat. Just then he made a point to check his surroundings to make sure someone wasn't sneaking up, and then to actually look at the sculpture of ice and water. He had not seen a true waterfall, and wasn't sure if he saw it in warmer weather if it would look any more real. He was a bit surprised no one claimed the territory just for it. Instead of speaking the idea he turned his head back to her with a question. "What's next on your sight seeing trip?"

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2021, 03:59 PM by Vareth. Edit Reason: code )
Inactive No Rank
Marian Selwyn-Tainn

Marian didn't think much of his lingering gaze. From an objective and completely unbiased point of view she knew she was pretty, so it was sort of natural he had a good look whilst he could. That being said she'd always had a hard time pretending that she cared what others thought. Perhaps it was her stubborn nature talking but as long as he played nice she'd do the same, it didn't seem like it would be a problem here. The guy seemed agreeable enough, though perhaps a touch cagey with all those wayward glances, as though he thought she'd spring a trap on him at any given moment. Funny.

"Ahhh I'm afraid not." Selwyns weren't known for their fishing, they'd sooner fall in and drown. The same could be said for her singing voice, she was good but not that good. She bounced to another rock and finally settled on her haunches, her tail curling nearly around her side. "Sorry to disappoint. I however, can ice skate real well."

He seemed to doubt that they were looking for the same thing and whilst that was probably true she felt the urge to play the contrarian.

"Oh? What makes you say that?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head, as though she wasn't sticking her muzzle  into where it didn't belong. Nosy nosy nosy. But she supposed she could offer him a little insight, there was nothing to lose form it."Nothin' much. Heard stories of this place from my old man and figured I might as well stretch my legs a lil to see what the fuss is all about."

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2021, 07:16 PM by Marian.)
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
I'm rusty, and still figuring out this boy. XP

"Ice skating? Now you're just pulling my leg," he countered, putting on a good show with a clearly bewildered expression. It wasn't too hard since he only believed her partly. He'd grown up by the lagoon, but he'd never been fond of walking on the ice the bigger he'd gotten.

Automatically his shoulders shrugged. They did that when he was trying to filter through his words before letting them slip out. It was something he hated, and yet a tick he couldn't quite get rid of. "Cause I doubt you looked at that waterfall for more than two seconds. I didn't stop because of the scenery, though it drew me here." He had an inkling new things may catch her attention, but it was short-lived. Like now he probably only had it because he was a new face. But how long would that last? Still it wasn't like he had anything better to do. It was kinda like this test, he wanted to see if he'd pass. To see if he had charisma like his mother in some way like his sister. Something he'd always been envious of.

It didn't sound like she had much reason to be here either. Just seeing what had drawn and kept wolves here. Sorta like him. He had not gotten to grow up seeing it thrive like he should have. "Huh, haven't met anyone else with some kind of roots here for awhile. Where was it he lived?" He already determined it had be somewhere around here. She was getting there or had already passed by. She unlike him hadn't been born here. What had driven the wolves out on this side? Or had it all been the same mess? "But if ya haven't noticed this place ain't like it use to be. It's a ghost town and the only thing left are stories of what was. "

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2021, 06:47 PM by Vareth. Edit Reason: table mess )
Inactive No Rank
Marian Selwyn-Tainn

"Naw naw. I swear on the Heavens above."She said, as though that meant anything in these parts. Actually scratch that, as if it meant anything to her. She gestured to the ice beyond with a wave of her paw, easily balancing on three legs. "Were it not for the ice being...as the experts say, thin as fuck, over there I'd show you a trick or two." Alas, she remained where she stood, finally lowering her paw as she regained her posture.

He was right though, she'd give him that. Just as she had her feelers out and was testing him, he was right over there doing the same. Kudos to him, she guessed. She shifted her weight to her hind paws, tilting as though she was gonna settle on her haunches before ceasing the motion. She'd never been one to sit still for long and she certainly wasn't gonna go out of her way to get her arse all cold and wet.

"Shallows Edge. Not far from here, if you don't get lost and walk in circles for a week." Just Secret Falls things she supposed, she failed to see it's charm."I did notice, yeah. You got any stories for me?" She made a show of flicking her ear and tipping her head, ready to listen. "I'll trade you some in return."

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

"Fair enough," because she didn't need to prove it. He wouldn't want her to fall into the river for such a thing, even if that was something he'd really like to see. "What did you skate on back home?" Must be more trustworthy than this place.

Huh, she made no comment and he was satisfied. Maybe, she was all right. Or he'd passed her scrutiny.

"Oh, never really heard of it, but I was born on the west side." He knew what she meant about getting lost. "Yeah it's weird over here, like you can't trust your own paws. They lead ya somewhere...unexpected." Visiting the same place twice unlikely. How had her old man lived here? Or is that part of the reason he left. He couldn't imagine being a small cub wandering around.

His brows pulled together and he faintly, crinkled his nose in thought. Stories? He wasn't much of a storyteller, but figured he'd give it a try. "I was born at a lagoon, so my mum was giving me and my sis swim lessons near the shore. How to keep our heads up, move our paws. Mum was moving further out so we could practice going to her. There I am paddling toward her when this huge thing with a spikey back, twice as big as a wolf jumps out of the water at my mum! She disappears, and I start to sink. Someone's yelling at me, but I'm not sure who when someone grabs my scruff and start pulling me back. My mom pops out of the water, trying to reach me but I can see the sturgeon racing toward her again. That's when my dad leaps at the giant fish, snapping at its ugly face. Then I just remember we made it back to shore, and my dad is talking about killing the fish. I can't remember if he actually did. "

table by cade
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2021, 10:13 PM by Vareth.)
Inactive No Rank
Marian Selwyn-Tainn

"We have a few tarns back home, most of them freeze over come winter." But she didn't wanna think about home too much right now, not when so much laid ahead of her. "Unexpected is great though, love to keep myself on my toes." She wiggled them for emphasis.

She was glad she got him talking though as he had a story to tell, one that Marian listened to with tipped ears. A lot of people spent so long talking about their feelings and their desires when in reality that held little interest to her. She wanted to be entertained when she met new people, to learn new shit and just...make it all worth while she guessed? Small talk made her want to take a nap and the story of a murderous fish in a lagoon could hardly be considered that. She grinned, all wide and toothy, as though she wished to taste the blood of the fish upon her tongue. Maybe she'd have to swing by that place to see what was what. Maybe Mr Stranger might wanna go too, revisit his old haunts.

"Where's this lagoon?" West side didn't mean much to her, there was a LOT of west out in the world after all. "I reckon I could kill a fish like that, give me something to do at least. "