747 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

it varies from moment to moment — Underground Sea 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

So she ought not really hide, but once it was clear she reeked she took a route away from the familiar. Under most circumstances she wouldn't have, but the Lore wasn't as populated as it had been so she felt it was less risky to leave the cove for a few days. From her earlier ventures she was thinking most wolves hung by the creek, but south? It seemed more vacant. She could get out, get a bit more familiar with the terrain, and not feel she was bothering anyone. After all she had no reason to dislike Flair, but there were underlying instincts that said otherwise at the moment.

But it wasn't just that.

This...yearning bothered her greatly. She didn't trust herself to be around her other packmates either. She knew exactly what it lead to, and that was just counting the siblings she knew about. Yes, being out on her own made more sense. It might dissipate sooner that way.

She was faintly hoping she might discover where Kyna may have stayed. She remembered the Heights was where her eldest sister's father had claimed. Maybe, all signs of both were gone but she felt no harm in looking. Leaving no stone unturned kinda thing. Instead she heard the trickling of water, and discovered the mouth of a tunnel. Cautiously she stepped into the entrance, letting her eyes adjust.

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2021, 04:15 AM by Lila.)
Played by Fig who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Verdandi Archer

Nobody back home offered any real, solid advice when Verdandi proclaimed she'd be parting with the pack.   In fact, everyone seemed particularly silent that evening.  Perhaps they were overcome with grief and thus couldn't find the words to say to their dearest young Dandi's departure, or maybe they were having a contest to see who could go the longest without speaking!  If that's the case, she definitely lost.  Dang it.  At least momma lost right after her when she excitedly chimed back with "Yes! Isn't that just lovely? Well, good luck! Bye!"  She briefly pondered over who the winner of that contest would have been.  Maybe she should have stuck around a little longer to find out, now she'd never know. Double dang it.

And now the yearling hadn't the slightest idea where she was, just that she was walking and walking and then in a cave.  Caves had always sounded much cooler in her head.  Were they always this dim, cold, and drippy?  The young Archer plopped herself down onto the cold, wet rock below her to contemplate all the different ways she could improve this cave if she was the one in charge of cave-making.

It normally wouldn't have taken very long for the girl to get completely lost in her thoughts, however she could hear noises from not too far off and it was really messing with her concentration.  Peering towards the mouth of the cave, Verdandi spotted the culprit.  An older, darker furred wolf had just stumbled into the same domain she herself had been spending a fair amount of time in.  "Excuse me, ma'am?  This room's occupied."

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2021, 11:18 AM by Verdandi.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

The scent of water, and a lone girl entered her nose, and she was surprised she didn't smell her before. That would mean the girl had entered some where else. Odd. Instinctively her hackles raised even further at the sound of her voice. Clearly, she didn't want company and maybe any other time the Aquila would have walked off or apologized. Not today in her her mood Lila huffed, "You don't own the place." She could tell she'd hardly been here longer than her to be claiming it as such. It was a pretty roomy cave, and it wasn't like she had a fresh kill in there either.

Stepping in further, she could make out the girl's eyes. They were a much brighter color than her own, and her smaller figure became more clear the longer she stood in the faint light. She looked black in the shadows but Lila wasn't sure. "Don't worry, I don't intend to remain long." Though, right now hiding out here didn't sound like a terrible idea. She wasn't exactly fond of going back to the mountain anytime soon. Doubt about sticking around was beginning to chip away at her, and once more it would be a lot easier to simply go. That's why she was here, trying not to make any rash decisions. So far she wasn't sure about her company even if she was only a yearling.

Inactive No Rank
Verdandi Archer
Sorry for the wait! It's my birthday week but quarantine birthday festivities have come to an end hahah

"You don't own the place." ... Well of course she didn't, what an odd thing to say..  Unless..  "Oh!"  A sudden wave of embarrassment hit Verandi like a rock as she came to the realization that this wolf probably really did own the place.  But how was she supposed to know that? Clearly the woman never learned how to properly mark her territory.  Though the Archer couldn't really fault her for something like that, maybe her momma didn't like to teach her new things either, and maybe she didn't have someone to take over that role like Verdandi did.  

"Not long?  How come?" she tilted her head.  The wolf didn't seem to be carrying anything with her, and there didn't seem to be anything here to come and retrieve before heading back out.  Was it normal to just pop in and out of home for no reason?  Maybe just to check up on it?  Maybe to make sure no random nobodies decided to infest the place without an invitation like Verdandi had done?  If that was the case then the wolf sure seemed pretty chill about this whole thing.

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2021, 05:27 AM by Verdandi.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I hope it was a good birthday! :D

"I meant neither of us do," she didn't hesitate to explain, seeing the yearling jump to a different thought so quick. She couldn't imagine claiming this place. If she was in a different state the coldness wouldn't feel good, and she didn't like enclosed spaces. "Hey, by all means you want to claim it go for it. " She'd say no one would bother her but she already proved that untrue.

She was surprised by the girl's question, as she'd thought she'd be all for getting her out of the cave. Where did she start? For one she didn't know, and she didn't exactly want to explain. Whatever odd reason she thought it would be better to try because apparently this young thing had no idea. She envied her for that, and didn't exactly want to ruin it. "I live on the mountain actually, and am...having a hard time adjusting. Thought this place be nice spot to just get away from everyone so I wouldn't have to explain myself." She had a crooked smile of irony then because that was preciously what she was doing. "What about you? Out on your own? Why's that?" She'd rather put focus back on her, an if she was up for a chat than it would be a nice distraction.

Inactive No Rank
Verdandi Archer

Verdandi allowed her mind to contemplate owning a place such as this for a few moments after her company had suggested it, but gently shook her head no. Too gloomy, not enough leafy greens to liven the place up, the spirits in here were a lot grumpier than tree spirits, the list went on. She wasn't going to lie to herself though, it would be kind of cool to be able to tell someone "Hey, I own a cave.. thing." Maybe when she was older and ready to settle down. Bet her eventual grandkids would think it was neat.

The fae went from shaking her head, to nodding along to what the woman had to say. She'd never lived in the mountains herself, but from what she could picture in her minds eye it sounded like it would probably be a lot colder up there, and that's likely what her company was referencing to in terms of adjusting. Temperature. "Momma said it sounded like a good idea.. me leaving" the Archer mumbled, only half concentrating on the conversation now. She was too busy thinking about ways to stay warm up on the mountain. You know, to help or whatever. "At least summer is on its way... "

(This post was last modified: May 14, 2021, 04:50 AM by Verdandi.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Amused she seemed to be putting thought into the idea, she was a little surprised she didn't want it. "You got some common sense then," she noted. "It is a nice hideaway." If no one else joined this conversation. She felt like she would likely have to find a new place to actually seek solace, solitary.

Lila could never picture Aponi ushering her to leave the Bend. Had she stood behind her decision to "scout" yes, but would she have pushed her? No, she didn't think so permanent or not. So she felt a bit at odds to relate to this girl now, even if it seemed like most yearlings left home and never looked back. "Have a lot of siblings did ya?" She could think of no better thing to say, because she really didn't want to delve into a matter that wasn't exactly her business. She knew what it was like, not wanting to explain things and she liked to give a way out so to speak. Still....if she had pups she didn't imagine she would encourage them to leave either. At least not without good reason. They'd need to be ready for things, and she couldn't say if this girl was or not. Likely she had a few surprises in store, but wasn't that the truth? No one was ever fully prepared for anything.

"Yes, it'll be nice to see green things again. It's just...strange. I grew up in the woods where you'd only see what was in front of her nose. On the mountain you're above it all. You can see everything. Where the woods end, where the creeks snake, and the fields begin." Why she was getting use to heights because she forced herself, she still had fear, that headrush when looking down. This she had no want to share with anyone, not even a stranger.