693 Users Online
Bing, Google

The Climb — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
All Welcome. Back dated to 3/4 cause I didn't have time to post it

It hadn't taken her as long to climb the mountain as she'd thought it might. She was glad about that. She might be gone as long as she was worried she might be. The group was in a good place she felt but Sharlee didn't want to leave them for too long. It was still winter and there were things that needed to be done. Still she didn't think it could hurt to scout the mountain a bit. 

Her tawny figure reached a plateau near the top that she decided to take a moment to rest on. Looking out across the land below her she saw that it was quite the sight. A smile crossed her features, she was proud of herself for making the climb but also because Aleister hadn't been wrong. 

After taking in the view for.a few more moments she looked for a place to continue her journey.

Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

If you know what I know that I know

It's been a long time comin

He was not a wolf of the mountain. But, when a game trail had lead from the falls up, he had followed hoping he wouldn't be far behind. Apparently, it had gotten further than him, and up here he was starting to regret his choice. That wasn't anything new. Shaking snow from his nose, he began making a path horizontal to the mountain itself. He just needed to take it slow, and he might be lucky to find a trail of deer leading down back to safer ground.

It wasn't a deer he spotted, but another wolf. A girl by the smell of it, younger than himself. Did she live here? He let out a soft bark, no need to scare her like a jackass. Maybe, she'd noticed him before he'd noticed her. Though she had been looking like she was thinking about moving onward. His dark ears twisted back, waiting to be dismissed or greeted.

table by cade
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

Sharlee hadn't ever seem anything like the mountain. Well not up close anyway. She'd lived her whole short life on the ocean and sure there had been mountains in the distance but she'd never thought to go and visit them. So this was a real treat. She was glad that she'd made the decision to come up before everything was official with the band becoming a pack. She didn't know when she'd have the chance again. Just as she was about to move further up she was stopped. 

The sound of a bark caught her ear causing her to turn in the direction it came from. A smile crossed her face at the prospect of meeting some new. "Hello there," she greeted taking a few steps toward the other wolf. "Its not for the faint of heart is it?" She spoke regarding the climb up. "Its nice to run into someone else up here."

Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

If you know what I know that I know

It's been a long time comin

The stranger faced him, not looking bothered at all for his company. "Hey," he replied, placing a smile on his own muzzle. Happy there was no confrontation. "Guess there's some truth to that," or neither of them would be up here. But he was reminded how stupidity and courage could kinda be the same thing. He was up here by a silly chance he'd taken not a pursuit to conquer the mountain itself. What was her reason?

"Well, I think I'm as far up here as I want to be," he admitted with a bit of a smirk, taking the chance to move closer to her. "It is," he agreed wondering again if they had the same reasons or not. Was she happy to see company because she was alone, or seeing anyone else climbing made her feel less afraid? "I was surprised to see anyone else up here. Figured it's just the preys territory. Then again, never been up here before have you?" She looked like she had been enjoying it, unlike him.

table by cade
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

She certainly hadn't been expecting to run into anyone on the mountain until she further to the top. So when the stranger appeared she was quite pleased to meet him especially since he seemed rather nice. He agreed with her about what she'd said her head tilted to one side in thought. "What is your reason for venturing so far up the slope?" Since it wasn't an easy climb after all and as of yet she hadn't found much in the way of prey. 

"You're not curious about what might be up further?" She asked before she really thought about the question. Maybe he'd already seen what was up there so didn't need to go any further. She also took note that he'd moved a little closer, she didn't move away. He agreed with her again about it being nice to run into someone else up on the mountain, she smiled. "I wasn't expecting to run into anyone either but I'm not mad about it," she said with a small laugh. This is my first time up here too," she admitted a little shyly. "Are you from around here?" A question she thought she might be asking for a long time to come.