(See All?) Announcements
396 Users Online

In the end, as you fade into the night. — Murkwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts. Speech.

The darkened trees surrounded Alvar as he walked forward, his eyes flitting back and forth around the treetops as he sought to keep himself calm in the area, he had no clue what to expect out of this place, and it showed in his demeanor. He smelled the dank air around him that hung in his nostrils like mud, refusing to leave him be with each breath that he drug in. The cold wind from the mountain nearby didn't help him either, chilling him and keeping the uneasy feeling strong.

He walked a bit longer, and decided to sit for a moment to rest, his paws heavy and his eyes tired, he would have wanted to rest if this place hadn't been so... creepy.
It certainly didn't leave him feeling very loquacious when he noticed that he hadn't heard much in the way of birds nearby in a while, and he wasn't sure it was because of him. He bit his own tongue a bit and grimaced: "Get a hold of yourself, you're not a pup anymore, there's no reason to be afraid of the dark and you damn well know it." He reprimanded himself further, his words seeming to remind him of the time he'd spent alone, and how scared he was at first. But the more he thought, the more he realized that he overcame his fears once, and so he could do so evermore.

He walked on, with new vigor in his steps, even if his eyes did keep a look out.
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Levi had safely stowed his bundle of fire-blackened sticks before striking out to canvass the area for trace of @Arcus. Evidence of their existence remained all throughout his fur, as he hadn't stopped to clean the soot clinging to him outside of, occasionally, that which coated his lips from carrying the charcoal pieces. Even his tongue carried a black smattering, stubbornly clinging to the skin from constant exposure. It would be worth it, though. He hoped.

He caught the scent of another, and picked up the pack, jogging after them. First he found their tracks through the snow, a thick rut leading him to the timber-colored wolf.

"Hey," he called out once the other man was in sight, needing his attention.

"Hey! Hello, can I uh, can I get a moment?"
(This post was last modified: May 12, 2021, 09:31 PM by Leviticus.)
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech

A rush of blood into the ears, eyes widening, and hackles raised, Alvar whirled around, growling. His fear nagged at him one more time as he caught the voice of a younger male wolf behind him. He looked towards the younger wolf, feeling his claws dig into the ground beneath him, dirt, snow and ash giving way to the power of his legs, digging in instinctively before he caught sight of the younger wolf. He breathed deeply, letting a small snarl out as he checked the air for scents of other wolves. "Nothing." He thought, when his nose caught exactly that.

He scanned his eyes over the male, taking in the gradual fade of the light brown tawny fur that gave way to creamy colors, then white on the underbelly. He saw no noticeable signs of aggression from the man, but his nerves were still shooting with a sensation that made his fur twitch and left him a bundle of nerves. "Are you here alone? What do you want?" He let out in a low grumble, not wanting to terrify, but to display strength as best he could.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
His voice caught the other's attention, but the reaction, while not novel by any means, still caught him by surprise. Levi stopped dead in his tracks, ears and tail falling in one sweeping motion that pleaded the stranger to believe that the younger wolf meant no harm. He might have just turned tail right then and there if his questions weren't so pressing. He needed to find his friends.

"Um, yeah," Levi answered, still not moving.

"That's... the problem. I'm looking for some other wolves, a guy with red fur an' gold eyes and a girl with brown fur an' green eyes."

There was River too, but Levi was pretty sure already that he was nowhere around. He was really collecting a laundry list of wolves to find...
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech Sorry for the wait! I'll try to be more active here in the coming weeks.

The words of the younger wolf seemed to somehow dull the edge of Alvar's temper, bringing his hackles down and his head up, eyes poised quizzically at the other with concentration on his face as he tried to see if her remembered anyone like that.
"I'm sorry, I haven't seen the wolves you're looking for, but I can help you look for them." He spoke, honestly just glad to have some company now that his nerves had settled a bit.

Alvar stepped forward, his paws pressing lightly into the ground as he strode toward the starkly colored youth, ears perked at attention and determined features taking over for a minute. Alvar wasn't one to leave without helping in some manner, and he wasn't about to abandon that now, he needed to at least try to help the younger wolf, even if it wasn't successful.

"First, some questions. How long have they been gone? Where did you see them last? Is there anyone else who might know more? Do they have any places they might go that are personal to them?" He almost felt bad about so many questions, as it would probably be a bit much to comprehend, but if he was going to help, he needed information.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
The other man thankfully seemed to believe Levi's body language, at least enough to drop the aggressive posturing. It helped the boy feel a little more at ease, his tail even giving a few hopeful half-wags. The offer to help was a breath of fresh air for him, relief flashing clearly across his face. The quick volley of questions that ensued, however, caught him a bit off guard.

"Oh. Um. I... I can't even remember when I last saw @Sawyer," he admitted with obvious sadness, ears falling low and green eyes averting.

"It was just me an' him, we were staying in this hollowed out tree but... then the weather turned and I couldn't get my bearings back. I don't know where it is from here..."

And Arcus... shameful heat rose up into his cheeks as he recalled their last encounter.

"@Arcus... I think I might have upset her. We were, in a grove of black trees, and she just... disappeared..."

He didn't know her well enough to say where she might have gone, or even if she'd been with anyone else.
(This post was last modified: May 24, 2021, 02:59 AM by Leviticus.)
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech

The answers to his questions didn't offer much help, but it was all they had to go on at this point. That being said, Alvar still wasn't quite sure he could trust this wolf, but he couldn't in good conscience turn away and leave him to fend for himself in finding his friends.

Alvar wasn't sure exactly where the grove of trees might have been, but he felt it the best option in terms of trying to find a place to start. He had been around the area a few times, so he felt like he could probably lead them to the nearest place that fit the description, but the real question was whether or not the youth would recognize the place he was speaking of.

"Fine, I'll lead you south, toward the blackened down, from there, you will have to pick up the scent and try to figure it out. I'll help you if you need, but I can't do much beyond helping you navigate." The man spoke with a stern voice that almost made the hairs on his own back stand up, giving the youth a blank stare that demanded he make the next move.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
It was probably Levi's own fault, not having any really useful information for the other man to work with. Still, he couldn't help but feel that he'd somehow managed to anger the guy. Levi's ears snapped back against his skull, nerves coming to life with anxiety sparked by the harsh tone. He stood stock still, very much looking like a fawn that wasn't sure whether to run or hide.

"I um... I remember how to get to the black trees," he spoke, trying to keep his voice even and clear.

"I couldn't... I couldn't track the scent..."

Levi's shoulders slumped and his head lowered with shame. It had trailed off, faded away until it was gone altogether with nothing to show for it. Like she had literally vanished, or... maybe shaken him intentionally. Oof. That wasn't a kind thought.

"I um, I won't bother you any longer. Thanks for listening..."

He took a step back, ready to get out of the stranger's fur then and there.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech Sorry this took so long.

Alvar watched as the youth seemed to completely deflate for some reason, struggling to find words as his shoulders went downward and he looked like he almost dropped half his size. The sight was one that Alvar knew the feelings associated with, and it flipped a sort of switch in him.

Almost immediately, the tenseness that had plagued the older tawny man seemed to drain away, leaving nothing less than compassion for the younger male. He stepped forward as the other stepped back. Speaking clearly and calmly. "It's still faster to travel when you have some conversation. I apologize for my tone earlier, this place just gives me the creeps." He laid it out directly, honesty was what was needed here. "I said I would help you, and that is what I'll do. so come along, we have a decent trek ahead of us."

He turned and motioned for the other to follow.

-Alvar's Exit-
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Something seemed to change in the man, perhaps Levi had finally become pitiful enough. He avoided the other's eyes, still feeling like a nuisance even if his need was genuine. It was, after all, self-inflicted. If he was smarter, more collected, thought things through then he wouldn't be in this position, wouldn't lose things that he claimed were important to him.

"Okay," Levi answered softly, padding after the older wolf, "thank you."

"I'm Levi," he offered, trying to cheer up a little and take the other up on that offer of conversation. Maybe the guy was right, maybe he just needed someone else to give the area a sniff and help out a little...

Fade