396 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sophrosnia, Finley, Eros

Show Me Your Secrets
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Show me your secrets
Her steps were made carefully as she walked through the mountain path. How she'd managed to end up there was a mystery. It hadn't been her intention when she'd set out but she was making the best of it. The masked Archer stopped a moment to sniff the ground. Maybe she'd find some interesting prey to bring back to her group of wolves. Maybe she'd find another to join them. Whatever she found she hoped the trip would be worth it.

The scent that she picked up led her further down the path. She thought it might be rabbit but it was rather faint. Old but not too old but then again she could be completely wrong. Avella kept moving until she was stopped by a large tree in her path. What harm would it do to investigate. So she started by sniffing around the base.
Played by Daisy who has 62 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Initially, Moore would have left Avella be; she left looking as if she had been on a mission. But the more he thought, the more he shuffled around, eager to follow. Avella had been the only one he'd yet approached and talked with one on one, this might be as good a chance as ever.

Following the trail, it wasn't hard to find the path the Archer had taken upwards, on the mountain. Large coal-colored paws hit the ground unceremoniously as he followed the trail, making it no secret he was there. When he'd finally spotted her sniffing about a tree, he stopped.

"Avella? Is it a'ight if I joined you?" There was no urgency in his voice as he padded a few steps closer, awaiting her response. "If not, I can always do a loop around the meadow and willows, and check that area out," He offered, knowing some preferred their privacy. He did himself, at times, and knew the importance of some quiet time to oneself.

Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The tree didn't yield too much information to the Archer woman. Though she hadn't expected much considering. She was aware that at one time there had been a pack in the area. They were obviously gone now as so many of the other packs that had once been in the lore were. Still she hoped that there might be some scent of a rabbit that might have nibbled at the grass or a deer that had come for the bark.

She pawed a little at the snow but still nothing. Her head was still bent when she spotted the dark figure of Moore coming toward her. He spoke almost immediately asking to join her. Avella raised her head as he took a few more steps. A smile across her features and soft wag of her tail to greet the man. It seemed he had a back up plan in case she wasn't agreeable.

"That can be done later. I would be glad to have your company," she informed him as she stepped around the tree to stand in front of him. "Was there something on your mind?" She asked since she'd told him she would be happy to discuss anything whenever he wanted to.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As Avellas’ tail gave way to a wave, his own black-tipped tail began to wag gently before he trotted closer to greet the masked woman. While she had become the leader of the group, Moore remained informal and casual, both with her and @Scully. He knew his own spot in the pack and respected the Archers’ and their spots; there would be no dominance displays or spats there, but neither would he go out of his way to praise the ground they walked upon.

“Was there something on your mind?”

While giving his massive head a shake, he absentmindedly pawed at the snow beneath one of his paws, curious gaze watching the Archer. The rules she had presented were fine and typical, and he had settled in well enough; truthfully he had no complaints there.

And I’d be glad t’come along,” a lopsided grin spread across his charcoal lips. “Not in particular, no, just wanted t’have a chance to chat.” Moore paused, beige brows arching downward to knit together in thought. “Actually, I was wonderin’... I’m curious about your family history, if y’don’t mind me asking… Scully told me some, already, but it sounds like your family lived at the willows for a real long time.

Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Moore had appeared and asked to join her. She gladly accepted. It would give her the chance to get to know him. They were going to be packmates and she hoped that he'd stick around for a long time. When he came forward to greet her she greeted him back in the same manner. The casual way he was with her didn't bother her one bit. She would rather all of her subordinates feel comfortable rather than terrified around her. Most importantly she'd never asked him or anyone else to change who they were when they came to be a part of what she was building with @Scully.

She was curious though if there was something he wanted to speak with her about or just wanted what she wanted. A chance to get to know each other better. She was a little surprised by what he was asking though. She stopped and turned toward him. "Yes, the Archers have held control of the Willows for a long time." She confirmed. "It started with my great grandma Elettra many years ago. She kept control until her passing. It's been passed down until my father my great aunt lead until we all had to leave." She explained.

Avella had heard the stories from her father so she knew the history well. It was easy for her to recount it to Moore. She waited to see if he wanted to know more about the Archers and Willow Ridge.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Moore found himself appreciative of how Avella led, the lightly masked woman leaving everyone to do as they will while maintaining rules that served as a foundation for most packs. It was nice to be able to approach and greet her without having to bow and perform unnecessary theatrics just to speak to her.

As Avella turned and spoke, the larger man found himself coming to a slow as well, listening intently and surprisingly quietly, notched ears perked forward and beige brows knitted together. It was interesting to hear that her family had the land around the Willows in their paws in history; his own family having been slightly nomadic, it was a wonder to him that they stayed for generations before the coyotes had chased them out. That would be a topic Moore would refuse to touch upon, though, considering it was relatively recent in their history and the sensitivity of such a topic could easily upset.

That’s... Three generations, right?” Greying brows furrowed, eyes squinting as he pictured a family tree in his mind. “Well, four, if y’count yourself...” He added with a head tilt. “What was your family like, if y'don't mind me asking?” Perhaps he was being nosey, but curiosity got the better of him.

Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Thinking about how long her family had been in the Willows made her wonder if there were other families who'd done the same in the lore. If there had been she wasn't aware of them unfortunately. It might be that after the coyotes those families hadn't returned. If they had she might yet get the chance to meet them.

It wasn't really a surprise to the masked Archer that Moore might have some interest in learning more. There was a whole history in the Archer family to learn about. Avella had learned a lot through her father and during her time in Torbine. She felt now it was time for her to make her amd Scully to make their own history.

She nodded, "Scully and I would be the fourth, yes," she confirmed. That wasn't something she had considered but now that she had it put a few things in to perspective for her. She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her when he asked about what her family was like. "Sorry, it's just that the Archers are a colorful group. There are so many of us scattered all over but we usually always look put for each other. Loyalty is important. There are ones like Scully and I and there are others who are a little more on the wild side. Some are wanderers never settling down in one place for too long." It was interesting to the masked woman how different and the same they could all be despite being from the same family.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As Avella spoke, Moore nodded along, content to let her speak. It wasn't a surprise she laughed over the family question; he couldn't help but let a chuckle rumble in his chest along with her. A colorful group, eh? He could relate to that, but then again, who couldn't? It made him think back on his own family, nomadic parents and siblings who left early to find their own, one rather dramatically. With another nod, he spoke up.

"Well, it'd be no fun if everyone was the same, would it? It's good t'know that regardless, y'all got each other's backs." That was what family was about; looking out for each other and standing up for one another. "Thank you for tellin' me about your family and their history…." With a dip of his head, pumpkin eyes crinkled at the corners as he smiled softly.

"Either way, the Willows are yours n' Scullys' now. And I can't thank y'enough for lettin' me tag along," he wouldn't remain on the topic but felt it essential regardless to let the masked woman know he appreciated the chance the Archer gave him to be part of something. "Now, was there somethin' in particular y'were lookin' for up here?"

Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Talking about her family was something that Avella could go on about for awhile. After all there was just so much to tell. She was sure that when he asked Moore wasn't looking for the whole entire history of the Archer clan. So she'd given him the important things to know and while there were still plenty of other things it was the information about Willow Ridge she stuck to. She smiled when he chuckled along with her when she spoke of the differences amongst her family members. Her thoughts had gone to the confrontation of only a few weeks ago when she'd said that.

The masked woman was finally starting to feel like she could breathe now that she was closer to claiming the Ridge. Her attention was drawn back to Moore ad he spoke. "That is quite true and probably why me and Scully get along so well," she agreed, "But it is nice to know that there is always a place to return when you need to." She and Scully might be from the same parents but they were very different. She felt they went together like two peas in a pod. It also helped that they cared very deeply for each other too.

"Yes, they are and I'm hoping it will stay that way for a long time to come. I'm really glad to have you with us Moore and I want to thank you too for agreeing to take the chance and joining us." She felt he needed to hear that she did appreciate what he'd done. That she was glad to have him as part of what she was trying to build. Her gaze was brought back to the tree when he asked about what she was looking for. "Actually I was kind of half exploring and half hunting. It's been awhile since I've been up here and I thought I would check it out."
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As the masked woman gave her thanks, Moore nodded in return, a genuine, eye-reaching smile replacing the slight grin. It was nice to be appreciated, and it was nice to be a part of something. This was big for Avella, a goal with ambition, he had no problem contributing to something so grand in her eyes. He planned to stay with the pack the Archer was gathering for a long while, hoping to retire his wandering paws; if nothing else, he could ask to go exploring a little further out of their territory if his paws got itchy.

He couldn't help but feel a fond look creep its way onto his face as she talked about Scully, thinking back to his own siblings. The world was big and grand, with lots of surprises and secrets and places to be; he hoped Bog and Fen were alright and enjoying it for what it was. Part of him wondered if he'd ever see them again, though. It was a bittersweet feeling that pricked the corners of his eyes, but he blinked rapidly to disperse the wetness before Avella noticed, maintaining his fond expression.

"Well, I'd love t'help ya out with the hunting and keep you company, if y'still don't mind me taggin' along." Moving closer to the tree, pumpkin eyes searched for any sort of trail or tracks, granted Avella likely would have seen any by now. He hadn't been up here yet, either; it would be good for him to know the area surrounding where they were settling. And knowing the mountain trails could be all the difference between a safe journey and a hazardous one.