(See All?) Announcements
398 Users Online
Bing, Juniper, Google, Oleander, Apollo

Winds carry me — Daybreak Peaks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Winter who has 55 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Lantana Luque
Random Event: Weather has been unusually warm this week, it almost feels like summer again! All Welcome.

Summer was leaving the land, she could feel the seasons turning. Just the other day, she had seen a V-shaped formation of geese flying noisily overhead, a sign of sunny days departing soon if ever there was one. But the air was still sweet and warm, and the recent return of the rains had brought a second flush of green new growth following summer's drought and preceding the hard frosts of autumn. For now, life was easy.

Lana was of two minds, whether to linger here a little longer or seek the next step in her journey. Not that she had much of a destination, really. This place had been good to her, so far, but she felt a pull to move on, perhaps following the migrating herds into lower lands soon enough. She was wary, too, that her fortunes might run out if she relied on them too much.

The tricolor woman tossed her head, shaking her pelt smooth as she turned toward a familiar game trail. She had a good thing going here - shelter, prey, and not another soul to disturb her. It was a bit lonely, perhaps, but freeing, too. She had no one to please but herself. So what do I want?
Currently traveling with Loach, Llinnea, Clouse and Claw.
Played by Tasha who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ayashe Chaska
Summer was beginning to come to an end, and Aya was at a loss for what she was to do next. A few months prior, her life seemed to have been set for her… she had concocted a plan to change Saivo from the inside, to encourage them to see the error of their ways… and yet, her parents had cast her out. Their own daughter. She did not understand how they could do that. Perhaps if she had been given lessons like the boys, she would have known to not pick a fight with a bobcat without backup, and Taktuq would not have been lost in the fray.

She tried her hardest not to think about it. She tried her hardest to move on, but how was she supposed to do that? She was expected to move on from everything she had ever known. Anger burned in her stomach every time she thought about it. The woman moved through the Peaks, having reached the top with hopes of descending, making her way into the strange new lands. It was all she had ever known, and so she was forced to believe that all wolves believed as her parents did.

It just didn’t sit right with her.

She was lost in her own mind when she caught the scent of another crossing her, her eyes widening as she looked around. It felt like so long since she had encountered another, and Ayashe did not hesitate to break into a jog to follow the scent, letting out a soft woof to announce her presence to the other, a toothy grin on her features as her nose wrinkled lightly. “Hello?” She called out, a thick northern accent carrying over to show the foreign nature of her disposition.
Lantana Luque
Her stroll was brought to a halt as a voice rang out, and her ears moved to catch the sound. Someone was close by, downwind it seemed. They'd probably come upon her own scent trail. So much for solitude. The voice sounded unfamiliar, which was good, and had a lilt to it that sounded unique to her ear. Who knew, maybe she'd come far enough that that was how wolves sounded around these parts. Did her voice sound as odd to the other's ear, she wondered?

"Hello, over here!" Lana called back with a cheerful tone. She resigned herself to make the best of the encounter. With luck, she could walk away with some information, or if nothing else, get a gauge of whoever else was in the area. At last her gaze picked out a smaller woman, making her way up the path.

Tail sway loosely behind her ankles, she backtracked to meet the other woman half way. Lana kept her features neutral and pleasant, reflecting the other's smile. "Good afternoon," she began, taking in the other's scent on the air. "Is it just you?" She ventured a rather forward question.
Inactive No Rank
Ayashe Chaska

It appeared the other woman was calling out to her as well. Ayashe moved to answer the call, careful with each step as she traipsed forward over the land, quickly finding the girl who had a friendly tone that she felt put her at much ease. She had come to be uneasy of others surrounding her, unnerved by strangers wandering about by their lonesome despite how she did precisely the same thing.

She greeted her, asking if it was just her. Ayashe found herself both uneasy but understanding of the question she was asking, and the other girl did seem friendly enough to not cause further concern for sinister reasonings behind the question, nodding. “Yes, it is just me… I am Ayashe.” She introduced, offering a name to put to the face in the hopes that the other girl would do the same in turn.

Names had a power to them, not for any kind of superstitious reasons, but simply because there was trust that came with offering a name. “It is quite wonderful weather we are having, is it not?” It had been warmer, and almost reminded her of summer, a season that she craved for both the good hunting and the warmth through her fur.

Lantana Luque
Now that they were close, she could smell well enough that the other woman seemed to speak the truth. She looked slightly younger than herself. No thick and cloying scent of pack or companions lingered over her. Is she a traveler like me, then? Lana wondered. Either way it was a relief that she was not  outnumbered in an unknown situation, nor running into old friends she'd rather avoid.

Her question was rewarded with an answer, and a name. Smiling, the tricolor woman gave an amiable tilt of her head. "Nice to meet you, Ayashe" she tried out the name and offered a pleasantry then continued. "I'm Lana," she was not in the habit of using her full name much, especially with new acquaintances or strangers. It was habit.

"Yes, its been a relief after the drought,". Normally discussion of the weather might be considered another banal  pleasantry, but for travelers it could mean life or death.  "I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts," her smile was bittersweet. soon enough the seasons would turn as they always did, with everything that entailed, but for now they could enjoy the warm breeze and the easy living.

"Do you know this region well? I'm new here, myself," Another rather forward question, this time along with a bit more about herself. It was all a give and take, as Lana saw things. Not that she minded chatting with this woman - as little as she knew her, she rather liked her so far, as much as she liked anyone. But she saw little point in walking away without learning whatever could be learned.
(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2022, 10:47 PM by Lantana.)
Inactive No Rank
Ayashe Chaska

Based on scents alone, it appeared that she was on her own as well… Ayashe never put too much stock in scent alone, knowing that there were packs like the ones in her homeland where scouts could be gone for such a time that they would lose their pack scent entirely, but it did not mean that they were any less members of a pack… she would proceed under that assumption unless she was otherwise given information to suggest otherwise. It was the best route forward for her own wellbeing she supposed.

The pleasantries were exchanged, and Ayashe even got a name from the other woman. All things considered, she could not complain too much about it all. “The pleasure is all mine, Lana.” The formality rippled off her perhaps a little too stiffly, falling between what she knew social convention to be and what she herself felt.

“Indeed it is; any good fortune after such an occurrence is a blessing.” Ayashe did not consider herself overly superstitious, but there were things to pray for… rain, a meal, good health… the things that were needed to survive.

“I am also new to the region, though I know the lands north of here very well… I’m afraid I do not know much of here, other than the fact that there are seldom other wolves around for me to converse with.”