it takes a boy to live — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 68 posts.
Paradise Falls XI. Subordinate
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart
and i'll give you my soul
to just feel a little piece of heaven

Nadine's eyes narrowed slightly, a cautious glint in her gaze as she continued to dissect the remains of her meal. "Nadine," she replied, her tone measured, withholding a bit more than before. "Rules... well, sometimes they keep things in check." She couldn't shake the feeling that Isla's presence might disrupt the delicate balance of her solitary existence.

"Isla, the one with an exchange that sounds almost too neat," Nadine remarked, choosing her words carefully. "Guarding borders and getting shelter in return. Seems like a tidy deal, but I've learned things aren't always as they seem." Her paw lingered on the dead bird, a silent reminder of the unpredictable nature of survival.

She glanced at Isla with a guarded expression. "What's your game here, Isla? Beyond the borders, seeking something more, or just passing through with a trade deal in tow?" Nadine's caution was palpable, as if she were assessing not just Isla's words, but the unspoken intentions beneath them. It was strange, to have a woman part of a pack without claiming loyalty to that pack... it was enough to put her slightly on edge.

Played by becca who has 219 posts.
Paradise Falls VI. Guardian
Isla Valle
A wall.

If not implemented by Nadine then it was implemented by Isla. No longer interested in unity and instead only interested in further wreckage at worst.

"If I had a game, why would I share it? Maybe I'm just stretched my legs. Sometimes guardianship extends beyond borders, after all." She stalked partially away now. Eyes drifted between the giant glacier feature and the woman who was different from her too. It seemed Isla may never find someone just like her.

"Maybe you'd benefit from them too, for the winter, or until you finish your search. They're good people."
(This post was last modified: Jan 25, 2024, 03:31 PM by Isla.)
Played by Tasha who has 68 posts.
Paradise Falls XI. Subordinate
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart
and i'll give you my soul
to just feel a little piece of heaven

She could feel the conversation shut down, perhaps by her own doing but she could not help the innate curiosities. As a diplomat, she understood that everyone had their own motive, even if the nature of that motive was unclear to many. An explorer, who did not wish to tie herself to any one structure when that structure was inherent to who they were as creatures was fascinating, and she found that she wanted to know more.

“It’s in my nature to ask, even if you are right, and it is illogical to share.” She stated simply as she tilted her head to the side, watching as she began to stalk away. “I’m sure I would, but the limitations of needing to stay near a border would prohibit me from being able to do anything that I seek to accomplish.” Mainly, finding her love, and finding her mother and her sister and the truth of what had happened to them. Were they alive and well? Were they dead?

Nadine had no way to know for sure, and that did not sit right with her. She did not like not knowing. She did not like losing… and it felt much like she had both at the moment.

Played by becca who has 219 posts.
Paradise Falls VI. Guardian
Isla Valle
"Scouts roam, travel, pass along messages to distant places."

And she knew that the two closest packs were far from the falls. Who was to say Nadine could not travel that stretch under a banner while doing her own work too? Perhaps Isla was simply too two-faced. Content with playing for the team if it meant bettering herself only.

"Think about it maybe. Winters only get harder before the spring arrives."

Yet she was prepared to depart, if her maybe-maybe-not-temporary company was willing to let things settle on that.

Isla had not become known for departing others on a high note, after all.