(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Google, Bing, Atlas

Shy Little Fox — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sonnet
Sonnet: Your Gift is: You have interrupted a group of squirrels doing something rather odd...they were showing off their winter stores as if hosting some kind of weird market. They scatter as soon as they see you.

The malnourished girl didn't leave the pack den too often, and when she did brave the outdoors she didn't stray too far without an adult. She was putting weight on and growing stronger physically, but mentally the girl was shut down. She hadn't uttered a sound since the winter storm and cougar incidents. She grieved the loss of her family with silent tears, often tucked into herself at night crying. How she longed for them. The wolves here were kind enough, but they couldn't fill the gaping wound within her tiny chest. Sonnet just wanted her family back.

The girl slunk from her resting position as the first rays of light crept into the pack den. She shuffled towards the entrance, staring out at the world. Searching it for any sudden movement. Any small sign of danger that could appear from thin air. Her nose twitched. Nervously the girl took one tentative step out followed by another rigid one. She embarked upon the world with a crouched position her ears alert and swiveling towards the slightest sound.

Sonnet made her way to a cluster of trees, peering around them to check that the coast was clear. Dark green eyes landed upon something odd. She'd never seen the squirrels behave like that. What were they doing? Little Song lowered herself to the ground, sniffing at them. For a moment all was silent except for their chittering as she observed the rodents with a softly wagging tail. The gentle thud must of vibrated the ground beneath them for a few glanced her way. Then suddenly they were scattering, leaving their acorns in perfect little lines. Her head cocked to the side, don't go she almost whispered to them, but her voice caught in her throat. She frowned deeply.

"Speak"

Played by Cade who has 101 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater IX. Subordinate
Asmund Ingerssen Valle
I'M STILL BREATHING, I'M STILL BREATHING
(I knew what I wanted, I went in and got it, did all of the things that you said that I wouldn't)

There was another stray following @Viorel around these days.  Asmund wasn't sure how to feel about her yet. He wanted to find all of her crying irritating, but instead was thoroughly torn. She reminded him of himself and Llinnea, after losing Mor. That hurt, deeply, but it also pulled at what little empathy existed within him. Simultaneously, he wanted to be rid of this 'little fox' for the emotions she caused him, yet also wanted to help her see that she was safe now, even if some things had been scary lately. Their pack would not let them be harmed, so long as they stayed close and followed the rules.

The moments between full dark and full light were when Az was most active, and he had been trying to hunt. It hadn't been going well, and he'd been on his way to choose sleep instead when, not too far from the den at all, he came across the same odd little scene. All the yearling saw was food, and another chance. He stilled, began to plot, but then a soft sound grabbed their attention and sent them scurrying up the trees and thoroughly out of reach. Asmund let out a reactive chuff of annoyance, shooting after one despite knowing it was futile. He was left at the base of the tree glaring up at the chittering rodent.

What had startled them? He looked around, and would have missed the pup's presence altogether if it wasn't for her eyes standing out against their snowy surroundings.

Oh.

(I told you that I would never be forgotten, and all in spite of you I'm alive, you took it all but)
(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2024, 11:45 PM by Asmund.)
Inactive No Rank
Sonnet

Sonnet starred up into the tree with awe and wonder. The creatures that weren't wolves were either so small or so much bigger. All different with various roles in their shared world. She couldn't help but think it was all by design. By whom or what, she couldn't yet fathom. Her eyes began to trace down the bark...every small line in the tree couldn't be a mere coincidence. Green orbs landed on the perfectly lined acorns. By design.

White strands of fur stood up, her tiny body lurching within the confines of her skin at the noise. She didn't waste a second to check who'd made it. Sonnet tucked herself behind a tree and bedded down in hopes of blending in with the snow.

"Speak"

[Image: 7Afz1Ny.png]Tonight we make our dreams come true
**Sonnet hasn't spoken since losing her family.
Played by Cade who has 101 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater IX. Subordinate
Asmund Ingerssen Valle
(I knew what I wanted, I went in and got it, did all of the things that you said that I wouldn't)

How many times before had that been him? Asmund watched her go in a flurry of powder, and a feeling he could not quite name settled over his heart. His wolfish brows pinched, and for a moment he could almost see his mother, himself and Llinnea travelling between the trees in the distance behind where Sonnet had gone to hide.

Had a monster taken Little Fox's family too?

"... it's okay," he finally found his voice, and it was soft and encouraging.

"It's just me. I'm Asmund."

Which all meant nothing to her, huh? But there was more that they had in common aside from both being orphaned. His volume dropped a touch, for the admission felt private.

"@Viorel takes care of me, too."

(I told you that I would never be forgotten, and all in spite of you I'm alive, you took it all but)
(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2024, 11:40 PM by Asmund.)
Inactive No Rank
Sonnet

Two small white ears perked up at the gentle voice. Relief washed over the pup, and audible breath was released. It was an adult, not a cougar, not another pup. Her muscles loosened up and the sharp pain in her chest vanished. Asmund? This was someone new to her. At least, up close and personal, she was certain she'd seen all her packmates at a distance. The child lay there listening to him speak. Viorel. She knew that name well, Viorel was her favorite adult!

Sonnet peered around the tree trunk so that her dark green eyes were visible. For a moment she almost spoke, her mouth open and shutting in a flash. Her teeth clicked together. The growing pup stood up and approached him with caution. Her body hunkered as she crept near with her ears and tail pinned. Her tiny black nose twitched as she took in his scent.

"Speak"

[Image: 7Afz1Ny.png]Tonight we make our dreams come true
**Sonnet hasn't spoken since losing her family.