(See All?) Announcements
523 Users Online
Bing, Google

questions and answers? — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
--for @Nadine when you've got the time :) - provided location works!

for ref he's between Vigils Keep and PF near the lake shore, closer to the keep

He hadn’t paused to look back since the hot springs. Whatever the consequences of it would be, whether he would or could stay with the falls again or not, Jet needed to know. He desired answers to his questions, and more than that, to see them. Finley, Atty.. his heart ached for them more than he’d ever thought possible. He thought of them all curled in their den together a year ago, of Atty's first steps out into the world, and of the promise he’d made her later.

Those things pushed him on, through the day, the night, almost entirely without stopping except to eat or drink as he could.  

Jet had managed to begin circling around the top of turtleback lake when he slowed, opting for a more calculated approach. The dark man remained close to the lake, traveling just out of reach of the water.

He did not know who he would see first. As much as he longed for his family, he half hoped he might see someone he was less familiar with first. Some of these questions.. he hoped to have answered by the closest thing to an unbias third party as he could attain.

Time would tell.
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2024, 02:40 AM by Jethro.)
Played by Tasha who has 44 posts.
Paradise Falls XV. Subordinate
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart
and i'll give you my soul
to just feel a little piece of heaven

Nadine had chosen to take the day to explore outlying territory… she had made an effort to once a week since her arrival at the Falls, so she could understand not just the inner workings of the territory, but those around it. That would be their hunting grounds… it was not often that a herd would wander so willingly into Paradise Falls territory, though it did happen. Understanding common trails that were close would only work to suit the pack and the new family that she was beginning to cultivate whilst waiting for hers to return.

And in such wandering, she was acutely aware of the presence of another. It was his scent first, and her pursuance of it brought her to find him moving along the lake. She’d offer a soft woof in greeting before moving to approach, not introducing herself yet. It was clear to her that the man was a loner, and while not near pack lands, it was close enough for her to bear a certain amount of caution.

Jethrᴏ Kane
His very first question would be answered in relatively short order by the appearance of another. Her presence was first announced by call, drawing his attention to her. A figure, younger, and one he did not know approached from the opposite direction, and she carried with her the intimately familiar scent of the Falls. It’d once been his as well, but if there’d been any of it remaining on him up until recently, it surely would’ve been washed away at the hot spring.

”Good mornin’,” Jet greeted, pausing once he felt close enough. His tail gave a loose wave and the words were friendly, though a tad detached, taking care to mask the whirlwind of emotion he felt within him. He had put a lot of thought into the questions he wished to ask, but he hadn’t exactly thought through how he’d do it.

Tactfully, he supposed.

Jethro tried to hide the way he scrutinized her, too. More closely than he typically did, for any signs of recognition. Would she know, or have heard of him? A description, appearance.. or not?
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart

He would greet her, a respectful pause at a respectful distance which caused her gentle smile to grow a little more. “Good morning.” She would offer in return, taking in his features. He was large, dark, with piercing green eyes. He reminded her a bit of Cyran, but he was clearly different. “You’re nearing my pack’s lands… if you continue along your path you will reach our borders.” It was less a warning and more of a courtesy notification, lest he want to find a different way around.

She did not recognize him. She had heard the name Jethro, briefly in passing, but she’d never heard so much of a description of him, much less being able to recognize him. So instead she would simply maintain her formal posture, her gaze even and level as she scrutinized him for her own memory. Once she met a face, she seldom forgot it.

Jethrᴏ Kane
This young woman also appeared respectful and kindly at first glance - the sort he would expect to belong with the Falls. Good morning, she returned. Nearing my pack’s lands… she explained, but there didn’t appear to be any recognition alight in her eyes. Had nobody bothered to give the newer wolf a description, he wondered? Nobody had asked her to keep an eye out for him?

If not, that was.. disappointing, to say the least.

Regardless, he maintained a neutral expression, briefly flashing a smile and then nodding at the information.

”Wouldn’t happen to be called Paradise Falls, would it?” He inquired carefully, head tilting to one side as though genuinely curious. ”I was tryin’ to find them, if you’ve heard of it. I've got some information on their missing leader.”

It was a potentially risky game to play here, but also the only way Jet felt he had to obtain the truth unfiltered.
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2024, 12:34 AM by Jethro.)
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart

She was new enough that she had not asked questions about the pack’s past, instead simply focusing on getting her paws under her feet. She’d done a good job of it, but she knew there was much she still needed to learn and do before she could become fully proficient. Her eyes widened, only for a moment, as he named the Falls by name, a genuine curiosity as he mentioned trying to find it.

Missing leader? She only knew of Finley, but she’d never really asked about anyone who might have come before. She supposed she assumed that Finley had founded it. Now, she clearly was not so sure.

“Yes… yes it is. I’m still rather… new… so I’m not entirely sure what leader has gone missing but I’m certain the current leader Finley would be eager to hear such information.” She did not mind admitting the fact that she was new. In the moment, she felt underprepared though she knew it was only her fault.

Jethrᴏ Kane
Yes, it was. Of course it was. The young woman seemed to falter a little though, admitting she was new. That she hadn’t heard of any missing leader, that she only knew of Finley being the leader.

Jet drew a long breath and held it for a few moments to get control of sadness and hurt. Finley was the leader, and she.. evidently hadn’t thought it would be worthwhile to mention him? Were they still looking - had they tried?

All questions he still had, but it wouldn’t be fair to burden this yearling with them. She’d already answered most of what he wanted to know in just a few sentences. No - most of those would be for Finley.

The fact that there was no mention of Flair though, was concerning. Jet hoped nothing bad had happened to her while he’d been out.

”Did they tell you anything about me at all? Jethro?” It was the last thing he hoped to know. And with the inquiry, Jet felt his amiable front fading away. He could feel that icy numbness, the anger.. all of those associated feelings bubbling up. It certainly seemed like the narrative of abandonment he’d spun for himself was turning out to have some truth to it.
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart

A frown formed on her features as he mentioned himself, a name she had heard in passing… perhaps they had not wished to bring it up? She was not certain. “The name is familiar… others have definitely said it whilst talking to each other.” But she certainly had never thought to ask questions, which she was scolding herself for in that moment. She could feel the tension, a frown on her features as she felt the need to smooth over the situation. “My joining has been a bit of a whirlwind… I haven’t had much an opportunity to talk to anyone, or learn the pack history.”

Perhaps that would work to soothe him over. “I also don’t really know anyone, besides Isla but I met her before I even joined Paradise Falls.” Magg was no longer there, and that was because she had headed home to her pack so Isla might be the only one of note. She’d only been a member for a week, maybe two, and she’d kept her nose to the ground the entire time. “I’m sorry I don’t know you… it’s my fault, honest. I haven’t thought to ask questions about stuff like that yet.” Her younger nature came out in that moment, the formality she normally held dripping away from her.

Jethrᴏ Kane
His name was familiar, the young woman informed. She had heard of it, when others had been talking to each other. In what context though, Jethro wondered. But he would not ask that of her.

She went on then, trying to explain things. Perhaps reason away why she hadn’t heard of him - though whether that was to cover for herself or the pack, he couldn’t quite tell. Maybe both? Isla had brought this one back - another interesting tidbit. But with it all, Jet felt his countenance softening.

He could see, hear, that the kid was faltering. He took a few steps forth, giving his head a gentle shake. ”Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. Not at all,” he spoke, sternly but certainly not void of empathy. ”If they wanted you to know, they would’ve and should’ve told you.” He didn’t want this one feeling bad over what’d happened when she’d had precisely no control over it.

Jethro would’ve figured they would have at least said something so those who went out beyond the falls could keep their eyes and ears open, but that was apparently not the case. Whatever their reasons were, that was on everyone else.

”If you would, please tell Finley, if she still wants to find me, to look to the north. She should know what that means.”
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart

She wasn’t certain if she was supposed to get the information but simply hadn’t for one reason or another… but either way, she had a dreaded feeling that she had provided the wrong answer to the man in front of her, even as his stern but empathetic voice spoke. She’d have to speak to Finley about it, of course. She simply nodded uncertain in response, feeling as though she had offended him still. There wasn’t anything she could do about it other than let guilt manifest uncomfortably in her gut.

“Yes… of course I can.” She offered quickly, as if trying to make it up to him. If she still wants to find me. Based on the context she’d been able to pick up from him, she couldn’t imagine why she wouldn’t want to find him. If he was the missing leader, that meant he was her co-leader, didn’t it? The question rang in her mind, considering it but she would not ask. She’d instead ask Finley when she ran into her. “To look to the north… is there any other message? Are you sure you don’t just want to accompany me to the border?”