470 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

to a point — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 154 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
<i>Random Event: Rais had a close call with a porcupine.</i>

Rais had never seen a creature quite like this before. It was a small, squat animal, much the same size and shape as a beaver. Beavers were something Rais was familiar with, but this animal was unlike any beaver Rais had seen. The scent wasn’t right for one, and besides that, the long, stiff, golden hairs protruding out of its dark brown body belonged to no beaver. He had no name for the animal; he had no idea what he was following was in fact a porcupine. If he had known, he would have stayed very far away from it. The porcupine ambled along at an unhurried, unworried gait, aware of, yet unconcerned about the young wolf following after it.

Rais glared at the little animal, trying to figure out just what it was, and more importantly, if he could eat it. Something about those hairs tickled an instinct within the boy, the same little internal alarm that would warn him that he was about to do something dangerous. He often made a habit of ignoring said alarm, as caution was seldom entertaining. Anyways, he was hungry, and the critter looked just right for lunch. He trotted a wide circle around the porcupine as it scuffled through the forest, Rais a moon to the rodent planet. There was nothing particularly threatening about the critter, he decided. His stomach growled, demanding to be fed, but Rais didn’t need any more encouragement.

As Rais moved closer to the porcupine it stopped in its tracks. Again the warning alarm in his head told him something was strange about this, but damn it! He was hungry! If the thing was just going to stand there, practically on a silver platter for him, he would take his chances. He tried to move around to its head so he could grab onto its neck, but received the most unpleasant surprise. The porcupine spun so that its rear end, and thus the sharp ends of its quills, faced the wolf. With a flick of its tail it slapped the wolf on the nose, lodging a dozen sharp quills into Rais’ probing snout. Just a warning shot.

Rais yowled loudly and sprung backwards before his mind had caught up with what had happened. Screw this thing! He knew something had been suspicious about the rodent, but he hadn’t expected <i>that</i>. With tricks like that up its sleeve, who knew what else the critter could do? Head and tail ducked he ran away yelping from the thorny fiend until he felt it was safe again. Having come to a stop, he pawed at his muzzle to try and stop the stinging; only serving to disrupt the needles and cause a fresh flash of pain across his face. The boy whimpered and whined, staring cross eyed at his nose and the long white spikes protruding from it.
(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2012, 12:09 AM by Rais.)
[Image: LoneCrow1.png]
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you stillcall me superman?

The Wildwood would always be home to Triell as no matter what decision (if he ever reached one) Swift River would be. It had been awhile since he had walked it's familiar grounds. The last time with Ice, and the last he had seen of Rhysis, and he half took this as a good omen to visit again. Since he was at peace with what had taken place here, he enjoyed walking amongst the timbers, bringing the life it needed. If his life had not changed, this would have been where he would be standing his guard, getting his catches, and watching the world go by. He realized a part of him did not want to leave. Brows drooped at the thought, if his life wasn't complicated enough. Staying in the Wildwood as a lone wolf? Right, what a brilliant plan. A rough sigh, his long tail flicked impatiently behind him, and he further continued his journey.

He was on his way to Hidden Tree, deciding he needed to sit and ponder there. There was the strangest cry of pain echoing through the charred woods. Head jerking up, his ears cocked one way than the other. What on earth? First he wondered what creature had made the sound. Then his mind was asking from what? Going on guard, he tucked his head, scrunching his neck while his eyes shifted around. What was out there? His mind would automatically go to something big, and fierce. A bear stumbling it's way to berries, or a creek for fish. He half thought about continuing on his way. His curiosity, as it always had, won the fight. He had to see what had made that sound and why.

He lifted his head, and began to lope through the woods. Jumping through brush, and steering around any large fallen logs. He was swift, and only tripped a couple times. When he forced himself to his paws he found himself confronting a porcupine. There was no way he was about to tangle with it, and only half glanced at it before steering around the prickly creature. He was going to disregard it, it hit him. Had it found a victim? Turning his head he stared at it's hindquarters and could not be sure if it was missing quills. Afraid they would find his face he continued wondering who it had struck. It was not long before his nose showed him the way to a young, male wolf with the quills to prove it. The Tainn didn't even tried to hide his laugh, he chuckled and shook his head. "What were you trying to do, kiss it?" He teased, not caring what the consequences of his own actions would be.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
All the young wolf heard was a yelp to her right as she was padding
along looking for a good meal. When she looked over however she saw nothing.
It did sound like it was a number of leaps away... Narimé padded towards
the area she had heard the noise. Though she did not hear the wolf anymore
she did hear the sounds of leaves crackling as something trod on them. Just as the
silver girl strode around a wide tree she came face to face with some weird alien thing.
It was about five feet away already pissed off from its previous encounter with Rais.
Narimé lowered her head and sniffed at the thing as it gave her the evil eye.
She dared not step forward not knowing how dangerous this creature was, but she did
give it her own evil eye. Just like that the thing cracked its long teeth together
and charged at her. At first she thought it was funny because the thing was
backing itself up to her rather quickly. The yearling kept a good six feet away from it
as it backed up still giving her a bugged out evil eye.

Then she smelled the blood. To the gray girls right were two quills
that had blood at the ends of them. Wolf blood. Her blue eyes jumped up to the
creature and took a good look at the long straight fur raising off its back and tail.
No not fur.. Sharp sticks? Or something coming out of its tail! How did it get the sticks to
stay there though and not fall out?
Narimé decided to leave whatever the thing was be.
She knew that some other wolf had gotten hurt by this thing. It wasn't worth going
after as a prey item. Quickly she skipped away at its right. Snarling the she wolf
watched as it followed her giving her evil looks. Narimé gave it the evil eye again and then
began scenting around the bases of trees and along the ground. She was
searching for whatever wolf had gotten hurt by this thorny devil thing.

After a few seconds passed she found the other wolfs scent. In some areas on the ground
it smelled normal. But in one spot near the few bloody quills she could smell the
sour scent of fear. He must have run off after getting poked by the thing... She
decided then, with the porcupine still giving her the evil eye, that she would try to go help
the guy out. Casting a snort over her shoulder at the hairy sharp twig covered creature
Narimé began to lope along after the wolfs trail.

She had arrived from the opposite direction Triell had come. She had been so
preoccupied with the one wolfs blood that she had not noticed the second dark males
scent along with the first ones smell. Narimé kept her distance from the other wolf
who seemed to be just as curious about the injured male as she. The young girl had
just caught the words "Kiss it?" and laughed a bit. It seemed the other wolf knew
what the injured fellow had run into. Lowering herself further to the second deeper black
male she smiled; her face still showing concern for the other fellow.
"Do you know the name of that thing that did this? I saw it just a ways back and I can't
believe it did that much damage!" She counted herself lucky for playing it safe and
keeping a good distance from the queer creature. Though taunting it with the evil eye
was probably something she shouldn't have been doing.

Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)

Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
Rais sure wished that he had some sort of opposable appendage that, in addition to his stubby wolf toes, would allow him to grasp onto the prickly quills and extract them. As it was, he only had thumb-less paws and could only bat uselessly at the spines. So far, he had managed to tear out just one of the several quills, slightly ripping the skin above his lip along with it. After that, he had quit trying to remove them. He would only do more damage to himself if he kept at it on his own. He knew he'd have to find someone to get them out for him, but as it was he hadn't seen anyone for several days. As much as Rais loved his freedom, being a lone wolf did have its drawbacks.

Rais had been sitting on the ground, slumped over in defeat, when he heard a laugh to his left. He whipped his head to the side, fixing the dark stranger with an annoyed glare. He didn't particularly see anything humorous about his condition at the moment. Before Rais had the chance to voice a rude retort that involved what the stranger should go kiss instead, a second voice came in from his right. It was a silvered girl, who at least had the courtesy to not laugh and looked concerned. She had apparently run into the same tiny beast, though she had the fortune, or the sense, to escaped the encounter unscathed.

<b>"No idea,"</b> Rais told her, then winced as the movement of his mouth caused the barbs to wriggle and cause further pain. He was lucky that these two had shown up so soon though. <b>"As much as I'd love to chat, would one of you be a darling and pull these out for me, first?"</b> He glanced first to the female, then the male. He didn't know them at all, but he hoped one of them would have the good will to help.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Triell was not looking to make his audience laughed, he did such things for his own amusement. It did not surprise him it was not exactly welcomed by the silvery brute. Triell gave little thought if he should care about his annoyance. He was not the one who had gotten quills in his face. Someone was right behind him, and his ear cocked back uncerain if he had heard her laugh or if it was his still echoing. When the girl came forward Triell partially raised his head while his eyes would sweep over her frame. She was younger than he was, that he could tell by both his nose and the look about her. He caught her smile, and nearly reflected it back. Maybe today wouldn't be so boring, and bland. He had to half snort back another laugh when neither of the two knew what he little pokey monster was. It was truly then he had a full smirk upon his dark lips. Who was older and wiser now?

A deep chuckle he responded, "It's called a porcupine, and that's how they don't get eaten." Putting a name to it, and explanation seemed sorta for pups he decided it didn't matter. Triell was full of useless information and why not spew it out even after the lesson had been learned. His laugh fading, he could tell the fellow would not smile even if he removed the quills himself. Least the Tainn doubted he would. A wistful sigh, he tipped his muzzle in the girl's direction. "Ladies first?" He offered, feeling they might have to take turns, or it was better if she did it. Triell could easily see the younger man biting his cheek when he had finished.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
"Eh me?" She suddenly became nervous. To get that close to the
younger male. Besides I don't know anything about healing! What am I
supposed to do! Just pull them out?
She rocked from one paw to the other
not moving and inch forward. Then the darker male spoke.

"It's called a porcupine, and that's how they don't get eaten."

"So that thing was a porcupine?" She played with the term "porcupine"
in her mouth a bit. It was a strange name for something, but at least she knew
what it was now. I'm happy I didn't get a face full of sharp sticks... She hid her
amusment of seeing the younger males face as he scowled with the quills sticking
out of his muzzle.

"Ladies First?"

"What do you mean ladies first!" Narimé grew nervous again. She didn't
want to hurt the poor guy more by pulling out those things protruding out of his face.
After a few moments hesitation she finally stepped forward closer to the yearling male.
"I ...I can try.. But don't you dare snap at me after I get them out okay!" She growled
the warning to him before licking his nose softly. Her caring eyes sweeped over the
quills as she selected the first one to come out.

Ever carefully she gripped the longest quill with her teeth. Then she spoke softly to him.
"On three I will pull it okay?" She wanted to ready him for the pain.
"One..." She watched his reaction to make sure he was okay.
"Two..." Narimé made sure she had the quill gripped tghtly.
"Three!" She barely growled the "three" When she pulled it out quickly. Then
she cringed waiting for him to snarl at her before she could
finish extracting the sharp twigs.

Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
Again the male laughed, and Rais wanted to grab onto the wolf's head and shake the laugh right out of him. But if Rais did that, he certainly wouldn't get any help out of him. If Rais was on the other end of the quill, so to speak, he too would be laughing at the poor unfortunate fool who had gotten himself into such a mess. As it was, Rais was the one with quills in his face and people laughing at him. Being annoyed was the only way he could manage to cover up his embarrassment. What an idiot he was, maybe he really should have paid more attention to Dad's lessons.

The dark male volunteered the girl to try first, and she didn't look very enthusiastic at that prospect. <b>"On my honor, madam. I wouldn't dare harm your lovely visage,"</b> the grey boy said theatrically, then dipped his neck in an impression of a bow. Rais wasn't sure he actually did have any honor to offer, but he really wouldn't hurt her. The male, however... The boy's orange eyes slid towards the black wolf and he lifted one side of his mouth in a half-snarl, white teeth exposed. He wouldn't promise him anything.

The girl came closer, closer, and was barely an inch from Rais' face. Too close! He wanted to lean back, move away, but if he did that she wouldn't be able to reach the quills. He held stock still, his normally wriggling body frozen in place as he anticipated the barbs to be pulled free. Her tongue flicked gently over his nose and his brows lifted a fraction. Who would have thought his first kiss would be like this? Not as romantic as he had expected.

Before Rais' mind could get carried away, she grabbed onto one of the spines with her teeth and began to count down. He tensed with anticipation, growing more nervous with each number. Suddenly, the spike tore free of his snout and Rais yelped painfully. He hunched back, ears flattened against his head and eyes clamped shut. It was nearly as bad as the first strike by the, the <i>porcupine</i>, he recalled what the man had called it, but he'd have to deal with the pain a dozen more times before they were all free. Slowly he peeled his eyes back open and looked back up to the female.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

A chuckle rang from his lips at her comment."Well, I don't think he would hurt a lady, me on the other hand...," he tried to explain to put her mind to rest. Really if she did not want to he would not make her, and the yearling would just be stuck with them till someone took pity on him. The girl seemed to think about it, and it must have played on her heart to not do anything. Triell clamped his lips, keeping beside her while she gave him a good scolding about not biting her. Of coarse he smirked at that for no good reason, and was a bit surprised by the rather gentleman point of the victim's statement. Triell did not take him for such, and his ears twisted back unsure if anyone should trust him. When the molted wolf showed his teeth, Triell bared his own fangs letting a low growl bubble in his throat in warning. He had no problem giving him some more wounds. All became still when it came time for her to pull out one, and he anticipated a wrong move.

Despite how bad as hell it must have hurt the wolf only let out a cry of pain, flinching backward and down. Triell did not show any amusement here, because there was none. He imagined it hurt just as bad coming out as they did in. Yellow eyes flickered to the blue steely pair of the female. It seemed the task would be up to her, but in the look he offered to take a turn despite being certain he might get a piercing of his own. He would leave the choice up to her, and waited for her decision. It was better to get them out now rather than later because they would only start going in deeper and deeper. He held his tongue not to offend.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé cringed until the younger male relaxed and looked up at her.
Then she smiled and spat out the sharp thing. I guess this is the only way
they're coming out then...
She looked at the number of quills still sticking out
of the boys muzzle then selected the next one to be pulled.
Narimé felt bad about hurting him but there was no other way to help
the greyish black yearling. At least she trusted that he wouldn't hurt her.

"Now I'm just going to pull them out okay? No counting for the rest." She
wondered if she wasdoing it right. Blood trickled from the spot where the first
quill had been pulled. Maybe Elettra would know what herbs to give him to
lessen the pain.
She shook away the thought. Elettra wasn't here right now.

Every quill she pulled Narimé waited for the male to recover before
starting on the next. She tried to work quickly though so as not to prolong the ordeal.
the sooner the sharp stick things were out the sooner he could feel relieved in some way.
Being gentle yet firm was hard to do! The gray she wolf finished taking out the quills
and stood back a bit to look at her hadny work. Little drops of blood were forming
all over the young mans muzzle where the quills had been extracted.
"I'm sorry I don't know any herbs that will make the pain go away." She looked down
away from both the males eyes.
"Does it feel a little better?"

Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
Rais nodded, a sour look coming on to his face as his own blood trickled down into this mouth. Gross. <b>"Yeah, lets just get this over with,"</b> he groaned. He mostly ignored Triell's threatening growl, the only sign that he had heard it was the roll of his eyes. Rais sat with as much patience as he could muster as he waited for Narime' to extract the rest of the quills. He kept as still as he could, but sometimes his constant fidgeting would cause a barb or two to not come out as cleanly, and he would yelp out. They did hurt coming back out, but at some point his nose just seemed to go numb from all the abuse.

Once she had finished she leaned away to look at Rais' snout, which he crossed his eyes to stare at. He licked at his own nose to clean off the blood, looking ridiculous with his eyes crossed and tongue stuck out. Well, there weren't a bunch of needles sticking out of it anymore. He looked down to the side at the pile of bloodied quills that had been set on the ground. His eyes widened and he blinked at the stack, <b>"Those were all in my <i>face</i>? I'm not messing around with one of those critters ever again."</b> He declared.

The grey girl averted her pretty blue eyes, admitting she didn't know any remedies for the pain. The corner of Rais' orange eyes crinkled in a smile, <b>"Oh, don't worry about it. You've done plenty enough. I can't say it feels <i>better</i>, but it's certainly not any worse, either."</b> He leaned forward towards Narime', his snaggle-tooth protruding as he smiled craftily. His jaw moved next to hers, maw parted and sharp white teeth exposed... to land a slimy wet lick on the side of her face. <b>"Thanks!</b> He shouted in her ear, then stood and bounded a couple feet away from her, not wanting to be in her way if she didn't like his method of expressing gratitude.

<b>"So, what might the names of my rescuers be?"</b> He asked, casting a glance between the two wolves. He twitched his nose and licked at it again, it sort of burned.