(See All?) Announcements
476 Users Online
Bing, Nia, Google, Jadon

MyBB Survey, Staff, Leaders
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

MyBB Survey, Staff, & Leaders

Two weeks after RoW's birthday and you guys continue to amaze us with your incredible activity. Almost 200 posts in two weeks is insane, and we hope that everybody can keep up the pace as we all start returning from our summer breaks and vacations. Kicking off the start of the school year, the staff would like to welcome Fenrir player of Ice and Aiyana, to the staff team as a moderator. She has been a fantastic idea-giver and even in the few days since her addition to the staff, has been working quite hard to keep the board clean and tidy. On the in character side of things, we would like to congratulate Tlarx, who has ousted Kegan from the leadership position of Poison Path to lead beside Athena.

Second, we revealed in our birthday announcement that RoW will be making the switch to MyBB. This will give us a modern forum software with a whole new host of mods and plugins that are actively being updated. The switch is going to take some time, but since we are, in a sense, starting over, the staff wanted to get your opinions on features you like/dislike/want so they can be incorporated appropriately.

I'd like to note this first:
- All topics, posts, life points, accounts, gossip, loved threads, etc will be transferred. So there is no need to fret about losing any of that information in the move, we're moving it for you!

Questions!
What is your favorite feature on RoW? Why?

What is your least favorite feature? Why?

What do you think of the layout of the forum?

If you could change anything about the layout, what would you change?

The new board will give users the ability to add articles to the Library. Do you think you will write an article?

Some of you might know of the Account Switching mod that MyBB has (which is very similar to the one Shadow created for us here). Are there any aspects to the account switcher that you don't like, wish you could add?

If you could add or modify one of our existing features, what would you add/change?

The staff has talked about proposing some kind of default IC agreement between leaders and pack members when a character goes on absence, such as a character saying to a leader "Hey, I'm leaving." Do you think this default agreement would be helpful for characters played by people who leave on an extended absence? Other thoughts about how to deal with this issue are welcome!

We will be introducing Player Points as a way to reward OOC achievements made on the board. We have a few prizes in mind, but what are some ideas you have?

Do you have any ideas on how Life Points could be used in a practical sense for the characters of RoW beyond for use in fights or hunts?

Any other comments, thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

<!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->[dohtml]
<u><b>Questions!</b></u><br />
<b>What is your favorite feature on RoW? Why?</b><br />
<br />
<b>What is your least favorite feature? Why?</b><br />
<br />
<b>What do you think of the layout of the forum?</b><br />
<br />
<b>If you could change anything about the layout, what would you change?</b><br />
<br />
<b>The new board will give users the ability to add articles to the Library. Do you think you will write an article?</b><br />
<br />
<b>Some of you might know of the Account Switching mod that MyBB has (which is very similar to the one Shadow created for us here). Are there any aspects to the account switcher that you don't like, wish you could add?</b><br />
<br />
<b>If you could add or modify one of our existing features, what would you add/change?</b><br />
<br />
<b>The staff has talked about proposing some kind of default IC agreement between leaders and pack members when a character goes on absence, such as a character saying to a leader "Hey, I'm leaving." Do you think this default agreement would be helpful for characters played by people who leave on an extended absence? Other thoughts about how to deal with this issue are welcome!</b><br />
<br />
<b>We will be introducing Player Points as a way to reward OOC achievements made on the board. We have a few prizes in mind, but what are some ideas you have?</b><br />
<br />
<b>Do you have any ideas on how Life Points could be used in a practical sense for the characters of RoW beyond for use in fights or hunts?</b><br />
<br />
<b>Any other comments, thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!</b><br />[/dohtml]<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2-->
So if we'd like to answer the questions, do we PM it to Spirits of Wildwood or do we just post it here with our answers?
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Either or will work.
Questions!
My favorite feature is the Spy feature

I'd say my least favorite feature it the Fun & Gmaes, it confuses me how it's set up.

I love the over all layout.

Maybe for new members or for a member with a new wolf, you should allow them access to the Artists corner so they can order tables and skins and such. But other then thast, wouldn't change a thing.

The new board will give users the ability to add articles to the Library. Do you think you will write an article?
Possibly, and probably yes.

Some of you might know of the Account Switching mod that MyBB has (which is very similar to the one Shadow created for us here). Are there any aspects to the account switcher that you don't like, wish you could add?
I wish that for account switching with the new characters, you only have to send the info once and if they have the same OOC and email info, it'll automatically confirm it, but if for an odd reason you don't know the person, then they have the ability to decline it after the fact. Not sure if this is possible of course.

If you could add or modify one of our existing features, what would you add/change?
I might modify the calender so instead of wolfs brithdays being -1 birthday(s) on the claender, it was -1 wolf(ves) birthday(s).

The staff has talked about proposing some kind of default IC agreement between leaders and pack members when a character goes on absence, such as a character saying to a leader "Hey, I'm leaving." Do you think this default agreement would be helpful for characters played by people who leave on an extended absence? Other thoughts about how to deal with this issue are welcome!
I think its a great idea.

We will be introducing Player Points as a way to reward OOC achievements made on the board. We have a few prizes in mind, but what are some ideas you have?
I don't have any good ones. But maybe allow them to select a random event for a wolf or something.

Do you have any ideas on how Life Points could be used in a practical sense for the characters of RoW beyond for use in fights or hunts?
I had this idea for a while. If a wolf is injured or weakened, for example, my wolf Shadowstorm's leg. The play should lose some life points and if they sucessfully recover, then they will get Life points back. It makes sense because if someone breaks they're leg, wolf wise, they're slower speed and strength, they have less stamina because they are healing.

I don't have anything else in mind. I think you hit everything.
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Questions!
I love, love, love the account switcher thing. It's so convenient and easy.
I think the Fun & Games section could be spruced up somehow? Maybe some new permanent games or, idk encourage people to use it. that's lame. i honestly like everything, so i can't really think of anything that really bothers me at all.
Very easy to navigate and organized.
I'm not sure. Maybe some sort of bubble on the IC map indicating where exactly territories start and end? I think this was addressed at some point, but I don't remember.
If I can think of something, definitely!
Maybe the ability to link to unaccepted accounts? Well, your own accounts. At least in my opinion, when I'm working on a new character, it would still be nifty to be able to do an easy switch if I suddenly realize i have to post or something.
I'd probably add extra fields? I know there's a section in the library about it, but I think permanently implementing things like, "Current Condition" and stuff could be helpful if people aren't good at HTML. Also, maybe add a section to the Adopt-a-Wolf feature for you to put your contact information, like a separate box.
I think it would be a great idea!
I'm no good at prize ideas. Is there anyway that those little custom title things could be implemented above the OOC avatars? That could be a fun prize. HTML-enabled and all that.
Perhaps it could determine the size of a litter of pups?

I wasn't sure where to add this, but I think the Random Events should also affect pack wolves. I know they get a very general one, but I think it could be more fun.

Also, when you click on a thread, if it took you to the most recent post, that would be also great.
test italics
Questions!
I love the Spy feature; you can see if someone is looking at your topic or if someone is replying to it. I also really like the recent threads so you can keep up on current things happening with other characters and perhaps join in.
The Fun and Games. As Rissa said, it's quite confusing... at least to me it is.
I personally love it. I think it's well organized and easy to navigate.
Perhaps dividing links under more specific topics?
Yes.
No, I like the way it is now.
Voting for member/wolf of the month. I always forget; it should be out in the open more.
That's a great idea.
Honestly, I'm not sure. May edit later if I come up with anything.
Abilities to navigate specific terrain; physical abilities like swimming, etc.
I love RoW and am very excited for the changes!!
user posted image
So happy for your Fenrir! It's so hard to find real attachment to sites sometimes.
So glad I introduced you to here!
Questions!
I like the threadlog (for myself and others), and the latest posts thing. Makes it easy to keep up on things and see what is going on right now. I like the random events, too. And the adopt-a-wolf setup is pretty slick, too. And the customizable profile skins are fun :)

Ok, so I like the library, but honestly it's a little hard to find stuff in sometimes. Idk if that's just me being stupid or what though

I love it! One of the several reasons I picked this site over others was that it wasn't a mess. It's relatively easy to get around and find what you want (other sites you kinda have to dig around to find out how to just sign up, which is a pain, or the layout would be really dark or really tiny or awkwardly shaped and what not).

I like it as is, though I remember when I first came here I had trouble figuring out the "reality" versus "relic lore" thing and how to switch between the two (OOC and IC forums). Like I thought the "Return to Reality" button meant sign out. I get it now but it confused me at first. I don't know if it confuses other people or I'm just silly xD I don't think it needs to be changed at all, just an issue I had.

Perhaps? Not sure what I'd write about.

I love the switcher as is. I have no idea how the MyBB one works but it's great if its like this one.Edit: Actually, I was thinking about it, and I don't know if I really like how the OOC accounts for each character are separated? Like, on one hand, it's helpful to have the PMs separated by character, but it's also kinda awkward sometimes. Also, it's weird how the characters IC name will show up instead of the OOC name in the OOC forums.

Not sure?

I'm not entirely sure what this means? I'm guessing it means if a player goes on absence it's automatically assumed the wolf has said something or other to their alpha about going away? If that's it then it sounds fine to me.Edit: Actually, maybe when putting yourself in the absence log, along with a reason for the players absence, there could be a little box to type in a short explanation for the characters absence? Whether it be "disappeared without a word" or "went to visit relatives" or if it's a very short absence it could just be "lurking around the pack" or whatever... I mean, the idea proposed would work too for times when people just kinda fall off the face of the planet and its just left hanging what happened to them or their wolf

Special OOC name colors or something? xD I don't really know
Edit: I was thinking about it, and had an idea of maybe the ability to "buy" a different sub-species of wolf to play, besides the ones we already have? I was just thinking the other types of northern North American wolves. I don't know if it would be too far-fetched to have European or Mexican wolves running around xD And I had the idea of other canine species (coyotes, foxes), but again I don't know if that would mess up the balance/mechanics/point of the site or what not. Just an idea.

Err, maybe like rolling a 20 in D&D for some action? Like a successful bluff or being able to track a scent or some other action or something. I don't know

Thanks to all the staff who keep this place running!
[Image: LoneCrow1.png]
Thanks Vami <3 I'm really glad you did, too! XP

Questions!
Threadlog!

Loved threads: it's not out of dislike, simply that it's the one I could the easiest live without? xD

I think it's good. It's not too hard to navigate, and it's got a pretty set-up with headers and so.

I'd change the background color, actually. It's easy enough to achieve, I guess. Either you select a background color, and fade it into that, or you fade them into transparency and save as .png, and give members the option to pick whichever background color they want.

That depends on if I have something useful to contribute or not. For example, if someone wanted a basic article on Meteorology, I could write one, but unless it's something that feels useful I'd probably not write anything.

That all OOC things are managed from a "master" account (the one you do the linking from), with it automatically marking all your characters as absent, send all pm's to that one, OOC profile info etc...

I'd add a "Show all" button to Adopt-a-Wolf because if you click on one of the filters, the only way to get back to showing all is by reloading the page.
Aaand.. the ability to manually reorder the Threadlog, since sometimes you continue a thread in a new area or backdate things.

For brief absences (maximum two weeks, maybe?), I think it's better if you just pretend, by default, that the character is lurking around in the pack area. But for longer absences, it might be better if there's some default "I'll go explore ktnxbai" thing, yes. It'll be less of a "where the hell did s/he go".

Enlist someone to make graphics for skins? Otherwise... I dunno. I liked the credentials, because for those of us who probably had magpie ancestors, it's fun to hoard pretty icons for your endeavors, and it's something that feels fairly harmless to me (I'm always a bit wary of "OOC point stuff" because I'm afraid it'll cause OOC strife/people feel "left out" or that someone is playing favorites, but if it's a list "this is what you get for" and thus the same for everyone, I don't mind it xP). But yeah. I like shiny, harmless stuff. e-e;

Uhm.. Not really, no. Unless you created "mini games", in which you basically play some sort of die-roll based hunting game against a script or a "Mother Nature" account.. but that's still not really -in- the game. But maybe, uhh.. like, "negative" random events which you must respond to (perhaps a generated pm notification if you get rolled for it)? A list of ~five wolves per month that fall sick, strain a muscle, sprain an ankle, whatever, but the higher your lp the lesser the chance of rolling a "negative" RE? 2k+ lp should still have a chance of getting on there, but not as large as one with only 200 (which usually indicates loner, because of the lone wolf dock). It'd make some spicy plots if you get hurt/fall ill, and also push more towards getting your wolf into a pack (since it'll keep you from rapidly losing lp every two weeks, and thus increase the chance of building up lp and keeping healthy). *rambles*

The Library: like Kydnt said, it can be a bit confusing to find your way around at first. I used the "Site map" a lot until it got nerfed in size, and then was like "uhm how to do this". Also, when you first come to the site and look for rules and stuff, it's a bit like "where is it?". I think the Library set-up is great but it needs a bit more "advertising" on how to get to it/use it.
Wolf/member of the month: I agree that it should be tossed in your face a bit more the last week of the month, and I'd really like if the drop-down disappeared when you had voted and replaced itself with "You have already voted for -name-" because when I was happily going to go vote last month, it said I had already voted, and I still have no recollection whatsoever of who I voted for! XD
Maybe a "RoW Navigation/Features 101" or something? It should be easily accessible, and perhaps start with this: click, but then like a page-by-page featuring/explanation of our features (gossip wall, absence log, threadlog, fun and games, random events....).

Otherwise, I love you RoW, RoWers and RoW Staffers. <3
let the stars above shine in your soul
I want to say I love RoW and it's my second home. I have been so just :D when I joined and it's still here and all the wonderful people. Thank you staff, and members <3 Hope this makes sense. :P

Questions!
Honestly I like everything. Latest Posts, Spy, Switch Characters,Threadlog, Gossip Wall, Loved threads, Random Events.

Um, I don't think I have one of those.

I have always loved it.

Can't think of anything right now.

Possiby.

I like it the way it is.

A health feature in wolf profile. It would be cool if somehow if you had recent replies that popped up like private messages. But it also could be annoying :/ I just know some people don't tend to check their threadlogs, and you could post and they never know. I really hate reminding people, even if they say too.

I like the idea, and think it's greatly needed. I think only in cases where the player will be gone for a 3/4 weeks at a time with no posts at all though. 2 weeks doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

How about making rare colors cost points? (Eyes,hair,special markings) Or getting a super large wolf, or small etc? Sometimes I think we get overun by one type/color over another, and a lot of things that should be "rare" are really common. Another idea would be for another character? You make so many posts and you get to have another before the time limit maybe? Perhaps if you character gets hurt or sick those points could go to that too or something. :XOhh! Or maybe someone could bring a puppy in? It would be a lot of points, and they would have to find someone to "take them in".

I've been trying to think. Maybe so many Development points could be put toward something. Maybe the wolf's health? (another idea to put in the game) If you wolf has so many Development points it can be put toward keeping them healthy. Especially if they are a loner. Kinda an idea I'm not sure would work. :/ Pack points could be put toward where the wolf stands in the ranks? Again just random Switch thoughts here. I just think Jayse has probably 3000 (if I add the rest up) or close to that and what does that matter. I guess in a fight she is supposed to have more skill, but other then that I wish there was purpose.

I think featuring the member/wolf of the wolf would be nice. I always forget, and then I hardly remember who was or why. I wish there was a way to nominate people/wolves. Send in who and reasons you want them acknowledged and maybe they could get a title like Bryony was mentioning? EX: If Borden won he might have the title Borden the Renegade? And if you win OOC you get Player Points.
I think pack wolves should be put in Random Events too. I think a fight system would be nice. I know we were working on it, but just seems if there was set way of doing things that was simple/fast it would be great.

-might edit this if anything else pops up-
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]