(See All?) Announcements
552 Users Online

chess, shogi, and reversi — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sabrina who has 22 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Coquelicot False
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>
Mid-afternoon found Coquelicot perched upon a log across a gentle area of the creek, watching the eddying currents swirl past various obstructions. It was an unusually warm sun that shone in the cloudless sky that day and the tri-colored male languidly dangled one paw into the swirling water. Numerous streams and rivers had run in the vicinity of his birthplace but he always did his best to avoid the water. His brother had pushed him in more times than he could count. With that Coquelicot had become quite the accomplished swimmer, but at the cost of being subjected to amused, slightly mocking stares of his pack members when he came in sight bedraggled and dripping. </font>

Lulled by the warmth of the golden rays, Coquelicot closed his eyes and drowsily considered the current whereabouts and doings of his family. Jonquil, he <span class='word'>prognosticated</span>, probably still remained with the pack for a chance to vie for the throne. For all his diminutive size, his brother was given to airy, arrogant ways and a constant competitive attitude. His two sisters were likely together with the eldest at the lead, Aster trailing behind demurely her confident and assured sibling. As for his father . . . well, who knew what he was up to, or whether he was still alive.

Coquelicot had been too young to recall memories of him, the only knowledge of his father was passed on by his mother, who, depending on her mood, either dreamily exalted the redeeming qualities (mostly physical) of her ex-lover or cursed with a long stream of shocking, albeit unique expletives and insults.

</blockquote>
Played by Lulz who has 25 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Estella del Universo
Went to get food then fell asleep, sorry it took so long >.<
After spending most of her day in the Wildwoods, Estella felt that it was time to start heading back to her den. So she began to follow the creek back. She wondered what her family were doing now that she was gone. She sighed as she figured they were probably happy that she had left. She was too annoying and even she would agree with them about that. She was younger back then and was only concerned with falling in love and finding that one special male wolf for her. All she did was talk and talk. She hardly ever listened to what her family said... She was the annoying baby sibling. Estella never let them knew that she was leaving and she wish that she had. Perhaps they would of gone with her, then again... Why would they?

The thoughts of her older siblings was upsetting Estella. She missed them dearly, but just didn't have the guts to return home and let them know that she was sorry for being such an annoying spoiled brat. She had everything there and threw it all away to live as a loner and to eat little amounts of food. Then she thought about her parents and soon she felt as though she betrayed them. She must of broken their hearts and perhaps the reason they haven't came to find her was because they were so heartbroken that they died! Just thinking that something like that may of happened brought a stabbing pain into her heart. What had she done?

The cream female looked up and noticed a log that hung over the creek. She then looked ahead and ignored it until she noticed something odd about it through the corner of her eye as she passed it. She stopped and turned around to look at the log once again. There was a wolf on it. It seemed as though he was sleeping. He had such pretty fur, much like Weldering had. She crept towards the log and got near the wolf. She nudged his side. Curious if he were dead or alive. <b style="color:#996666">Hello? She whispered as she nudged him, nearly pushing him off the log.
<b style="color:#996666">
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2010, 03:18 AM by Estella.)
Inactive No Rank
Coquelicot False
<blockquote> Within minutes of closing his eyes, Coquelicot had drifted off into a light slumber. It wasn't a particularly good idea to fall asleep perched on a log over water, but he had already fallen under the drowsy lull of the sun's warmth to logically conclude that fact. That is, until a nudge and a voice in his ear stirred him to consciousness in an abrupt manner as he attempted to rise, forgetting the fact that he was on a relatively thin log. His paws scrambled for a foothold on the rough bark to no avail.

Coquelicot slipped and fell ungracefully into the shallow water, the coldness of the stream bringing him instantly awake. The rough rocks lying at the bottom of the creek jarred his sides and he winced before springing up to crawl back onto the bank, fur half-drenched and dripping. Residual water ran rivelets down his face as Coquelicot shook himself, splattering tiny droplets in various directions. Why was he wet again? Still slightly stunned by the whole ordeal, Coquelicot began to backtrack.

One, he was sleeping. Two, someone (or something) woke him up. Three, he attempted to stand and fell into the water. Blinking, he cast his gaze about his surroundings before he found the presumed perpetrator that had gotten him wet in the first place. It was a young, cream-colored female with striking silver eyes. His mind vaguely concluded that she was pretty, but then his logical mindset kicked in. That wasn't the point here.

<b>"You got me wet,"</b> he stated flatly, his eyes mournful and his tone blank and matter-of-fact. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Estella del Universo
<b style="color:#996666">Are you alright? Estella asked him once more with another nudge. Quickly he almost jolted up and not a second later he had fallen into the creek. Her eyes widened as she heard the splash, <b style="color:#996666">Oh my gosh! Quickly she made her way down to the bank and jumped behind the log so he couldn't see her. She peeked over to watched him as he looked around. Her ears lowered as she saw him take a look at her. She sighed and slowly come into full view as she approached him giving them a good enough distance apart from each other.

Estella felt terrible about what had happened to the wolf. She took a step closer as he spoke to her. <b style="color:#996666">I'm terribly sorry. You were sleeping so peacefully it almost seemed as though you were dead. I just wanted to make sure if you were fine, she took another step closer to him. She was no medic, but she wanted to make sure if he was fine now. <b style="color:#996666">You didn't hurt yourself did you? She asked as she looked at his wet fur and held back a giggle. Looking back on it... The fall was a funny one.
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2010, 07:42 AM by Estella.)
Inactive No Rank
Coquelicot False
<blockquote>At words, Coquelicot merely stared at her, the silence stretching uncomfortably for several moments. Did he really look like he was dead in his sleep? Well it was a good thing he hadn't been dead. Coquelicot doubted that other inhabitants in the area would appreciate his mouldering body polluting the water of the creek. <b>"I see,"</b> he finally stated, expressionless save for the spark of a wry gleam in his gray eyes. But his slight amusement at his previous thought faded as his side throbbed in tandem with her inquiry.

<b>"I guess,"</b> he finally said despite the mild pain in his side, an almost child-like, sulky look on his face. It was probably bruised from his fall on the rocks, but nothing serious. Still, his slight injury put a damper on his situation once again. But that was life. As unpredictable (and unhospitable) as usual. Fate did seem to take great pains to <span class='word'>spatchcock</span> misfortune into his daily schedule. Coquelicot then glanced at his reflection in the water and flushed with embarassment as he took in his wet, bedraggled state. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Estella del Universo
The silence was indeed awkward. She wish he would speak. When he did though he didn't have much to say to her. Just a short answer. She looked down a bit upset of what had happened. <b style="color:#996666">I'm sorry, she apologized once again. She felt as though she may of broken his spirits or something, but she didn't know how he was before the fall. Perhaps he was always like that. Maybe he just didn't like to talk much, but why wouldn't he? He seemed as though he would enjoy it! Perhaps he would like talking with her. Maybe she could make him speak some more, make a friend. Estella was good at making friends and since she was planning on staying in the Relic it couldn't hurt to try to make a friend out of him.

Smiling the yearling approached the multicolored male closer. Hoping that he wouldn't back away afraid that she would do something to him again. She watched as he looked at his own reflection into the creek. <b style="color:#996666">I'm Estella by the way, she offered her name to him. She felt as though she owed him a deed of some sort. Perhaps she could help him with something, but what was there to help him with? Maybe if she got to know him better she could find out what she could do for him. <b style="color:#996666">I like your fur. Its much different from the wolves from my former pack, she said with a smile as she saw the way he looked at himself in the creek. She wasn't lying. She did like his fur. It was unique and colorful.
Inactive No Rank
Coquelicot False
<blockquote>Studying her closely with narrowed eyes, Coquelicot found some vague sense of sadistic pleasure at her uncomfortableness. He considered it somewhat of a payback for his fall in the water early but he gave a curt nod at her apology with a small huff of air. "It's fine," he said distantly, shrugging nonchalantly. What was past was past. And it probably wasn't a good idea to insist on making enemies with everyone that annoyed him. Although she didn't appear to be the antagonistic type.

When she stated her name, Coquelicot briefly considered whether or not to tell her his. She was probably expecting it though (since usually when one introduces oneself the other does the same) so the tri-colored male obliged her. "Coquelicot." But then he blinked in surprise at her compliment. Nobody had ever bothered to comment (positively) on his appearance except his mother who often raved about how much he resembled his father. The rest of the pack members merely sent disapproving glances whenever she did that. Slightly flattered but also a bit embarrassed he looked away. "Oh. Uh, thanks."

And then he trailed off dumbly and stammered out a question in an attempt to erase his self-consciousness. "Uh, what did the wolves in your pack look like?"
Inactive No Rank
Estella del Universo
The beige female waited for the young male to react to her apology. She wanted him to forgive her and she just couldn't bare anyone being upset with her. As he told her it was fine she gave him a weak smile and looked down at her paws. He may of said fine, but that didn't mean he forgave her. Perhaps he hated her now. This was terrible! She could perhaps be losing someone that could become a friend of hers. This was the last thing she wanted. She needed to make friends if she was going to stay and live in the Relics. Sighed she looked away and then back at him, <b style="color:#996666;">Alright... What else could she say? Perhaps showing what a drama queen she was and keep insisting until she heard the words that she was forgiven?

Pushing everything else that had happened to the side Estella's ears twitched when he told her his name. Perhaps he wasn't all that upset with her. Perhaps there was still hope to save this relationship. She smiled as she learned his name, but it was one she had never heard of before. <b style="color:#996666;">Coquelicot, the female whispered. <b style="color:#996666;">I love your name. It was a name that she loved saying already. She wondered if it had a meaning or what it's origin was. She was just as curious about his name as she was about him. He seemed different in almost every way and she liked that about him. Not many wolves were different, but he was. It made him all the more interesting. Just why she should get to know him better.

Estella wagged her tail and her eyes seemed to glitter as she smiled at Coquelicot as he thanked her for the compliment. <b style="color:#996666;">You're welcome. Earlier that day she had done something similar to Weldering with a compliment, but Coquelicot had taken her compliment much better then Weldering had. She was happy that he had asked something about her. Hopefully he wanted to know more about her as well. <b style="color:#996666;">Well, my family mostly look like me with silver eyes as well. Some of m family members have different fur colors then mine as well. Most of the wolves in the pack were gray, brown and black. Their eyes were either brown or gold. She was proud to share something about herself to him. <b style="color:#996666;">Did the wolves in your pack look like you? She curiously asked him hoping he wouldn't mind her asking.
(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2010, 05:52 AM by Estella.)
Inactive No Rank
Coquelicot False
<blockquote>Coquelicot had been blessed with being rather sensitive to the emotional state of others, but this wasn't to say he was emotionally invested. Quite on the contrary he merely sought to analyze feelings displayed by their expressions with cool eyes and clear judgment. Estella appeared to be a bit relieved at his apology, yet still uneasy by her trailed-off reply and the aversion of her eyes to her paws instead.

To be very honest, the tri-colored male found himself slightly creeped out when Estella said he liked his name. It wasn't like it was everyday that he got compliments on his name or his appearance for that manner. Usually his pack members had just left him alone to brood about the mysteries of life, interacting with him only for the sake of importance or to annoy him (namely his immediate family). "Ok . . ." he murmured, a bit unsure what to do in this situation.

Luckily Estella returned to more normal subject matter, allowing Coquelicot to relax a bit as he listened to her talk about the wolves in his pack. Coquelicot always did prefer to listen to others. It saved him the trouble of coming up with things to talk about. His silver eyes became slightly guarded at her question. He paused for a second, then replied, "Not really, except for my father. Most of the wolves were light brown or cream-colored."</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Estella del Universo
Sorry been busy with work >.<

She smiled awkwardly. Estella didn't like the awkward silence. She really didn't know what to talk about. She wanted to know this wolf as she hadn't met many in the relic. She was hoping to make a new friend, but it didn't seem like she had. Just because it didn't seem as though things weren't going well didn't mean that she couldn't still patch things up and get it back on track. After all she is good at talking with anyone and making new friends!... For some reason though Estella was shy. Perhaps it was because she was in a new territory she didn't know very well.

<b style="color:#996666;">Yeah..." she replied as she sighed looking down at her paws embarrassed once again. She then looked and smiled once more. <b style="color:#996666;">I love names they are fascinating and says a bit about the other wolf's background. She said as she wagged her tail. She didn't want him to feel awkward, but names were wonderful! There was a lot one could learn from just a name. Just like stars they all were different with unique backgrounds and just beautiful. <b style="color:#996666;">Like my whole pack family were named after things that had to deal with space and the sky in Spanish. I come from a pack of stargazers. She said with such pride. She was glad that she was able to read the stars and predict things that were to happen.

She smiled as he explained that he looked like his father. He had lucky genes. Anyone with fur like that shouldn't be so bashful. If she were him she'd be flaunting it. <b style="color:#996666;">Oh... My fur is so dull. I hate it. I wish I was different like you and Weldering. You two are lucky to stand out from the crowd, the only pretty thing that Estella felt she possessed were her silver eyes. It was a rare color but they didn't look gray at all. They looked like actual liquid silver. Her name suited her very well as they sparkled like the stars. Even through she was named Estella for her light fur.