rise above this — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Chi who has 64 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
for ioni! :) hopefully this is easy to work with @__@;;

http://a.imageshack.us/img717/5995/70049898.png);">
WITHOUT YOU THERE'S NO REASON FOR MY STORY
      It was raining, precipitation falling slowly but evenly, giving the world an odd scent. The smell of rain (for it certainly had an odd aroma) annoyed her, as did the constant drip, drop of water on her back. Her stomach rumbled imperiously, as if to say, "hunt, you stupid idiot," but what was she to find when the smell of all potential prey seemed gone. She grumbled something to herself (some profanity, most certainly), making her way through the forest rather aimlessly, uncertain as to what she might be able to find when everything else seemed to have taken shelter from the gentle but unrelenting rain. It was not long before she found something that was of interest to her—and, unfortunately, a danger as well.

Black bears were not the biggest species of the genus Ursus, but they were potentially one of the shortest-tempered—they were terribly sensitive in regards to emotions and as Junai spotted one, intent on climbing one of the forest's many trees, her ego kicked in. Pale eyes narrowed, trying to judge how hard it would be to take on the beast alone. It seemed alone from what she could tell, though, suspicious and wondering how best to start her sneak attack, Junai took refuge behind a tree. She peeked at the bear, unaware that it could easily see her if she saw it, and mumbled to herself, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Well, I could go for the throat, but that's a lil' obvious... Hmm...” Amidst her ponderings, Junai had failed to notice that the bear had stiffened, its ears twitching at the words that sounded right behind it; it waited for the time being, uncertain as to what move it should make, though it was doubtful that the temporary peace would last long.
Played by Adopt me! :D who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ioni Tainn
EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT
Truly, she had wanted to ignore the pitter patter of the rain. It was mesmerizing and relaxing, which took her mind away from scheming. However, she let herself be taken by the sounds. Her paws dug into the damp ground as she took a deep breath. Serenity filled her, if only for a split second. Nothing good happened to last in her life, and it had been like clockwork. Within moments she could prognosticate an issue from moments away; her closed eyes suddenly saw the light as one flickered open. She counted down the seconds before something caused her ears to point forward. The smallest twig had snapped and the sound had echoed in her ears; the perpetrator was none other than a younger sibling.

A smirk slowly emerged onto her ebony lips. Slithering through the forest, she did so with agility and grace. Her steps were light and undetectable as she trailed a reasonable distance behind her sister. A sudden halt made Ioni stop in her tracks. She concealed herself behind a tree; her head barely visible through her angle. Junai had seemed uneasy through her gait, and Ioni could only assume it was boredom. Not particularly fond of meddling in the affairs or her family (unless it made her closer to the throne), she chose to ignore them and not discuss her business with them. Yet she became antsy at the sight of what her sister was eyeballing.

Dealing with immaturity was not particularly her forte, but she hoped that her sister did not have her eyes on the closet creature to be seen: the black bear. She was unsure how to approach the situation or to convince her sister from turning around, but her attempt would be enough. Within a matter of moments she was crouched next to her sister. Her thick tail brushed the side of her body. "Please don't tell me you've got your eye on that thing, I would be rather disappointed in you if you said yes." She kept her eyes locked onto the target, but they glanced at her sister. The bear had already whisked his head around as though he had already become agitated.

FROM THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND TO THE HOUNDS OF HELL
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2010, 06:04 AM by Ioni.)
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
http://a.imageshack.us/img717/5995/70049898.png);">
WITHOUT YOU THERE'S NO REASON FOR MY STORY
      Amidst her pondering, Junai failed to notice the sound of footsteps—it was not until hushed words sounded in her ear and a tail brushed against her side that Junai noticed anything new about the situation. Needless to say, Junai was rather surprised by her sister's suddenly arrival and barely contained her excitement at being caught unaware by her sister. Junai had begun to idolize her elder sister ages ago in spite of her sister's aversion to spending time with her family, in part because there was true reason to idolize Ioni. While not alpha of the pack, she had given both Indru and Ruiko a run for their money in the competition to become the pack's leader. Considering Indru and Ruiko were both males and a year older than her, it was rather clear to see why Junai respected Ioni so much.

Thus, it was a little disappointing to note the clear disapproval on her sister's face and in her words. Junai blinked, uncertain what to say—was lying better in a situation such as this? Sometimes she felt so stupid with Ioni, like she was still a little pup. 'Like I'm just as naive as Borlla.' The thought proved annoying and she retorted, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“So what if I was?” And yet regardless of the clear fire in her eyes, she was not about to push her sister away with her typical antics. Instead, ears pulling back, she begged, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“I bet we could take it on together, Oni, come on!” By now, the bear had turned to face them and stood on all fours, looking at them with cream-colored fangs visible. It would seem they should decide a plan of action—that is, fight or flight—soon, because the bear didn't seem to wait.
Inactive No Rank
Ioni Tainn

http://a.imageshack.us/img210/9179/ionitable1.png) top no-repeat; background-color: #000000; width: 420px; border: 1px solid #000;">
Ioni had never been one for much socializing with her family. Most of her family, she felt, had doubted her ability to rule. In turn, she had avoided them as much as possible and resorted to isolation or the company of others, ones that flattered her to say at the least. Not that Junai was detestable company, but she was still young. However, a bit of spark flowed within her young sister. Ioni knew that Junai had potential to be great, and she did not seem as annoying or naïve as the pups. Young as she might have been, Ioni had a sense of vanity and pride for her maturity that could not be dismantled.

Accidentally, Ioni had run into Junai, or at least had tracked her. The she wolf felt it necessary to redeem herself in some way. When the pack had gathered, she had been the only one whom had arrived unaccompanied. For no particular reason, Ioni had felt as though the rest of her family had been condemning her for her selfish actions. This critical thought had left her no choice but to at least engage in a few conversations with her family members, it was the least she could do. A bit of that fact bothered her, but she tried to refrain from leaving the best she could.

She could not help but to roll her eyes at her sister. A glance from Junai to the bear was given at least twice. A malicious smirk appeared on her face, but she could hardly contain her laughter. Although she was slightly larger than all the females in the pack and appearing so was simple, she stood proudly. She withheld a grimace and finally spoke. "Junai, there are two of us...against the bear. I'm not sure if you can comprehend the logic in this situation," she sighed at the thought of her sister trying to attack a bear. It was then that she realized her words at seemed a bit harsh, she silently cursed herself. "...They aren't that appetizing anyways. There's a small herd of deer a little ways west, come on." She turned towards the direction of the prey, a meek smile appeared on her face to encourage her sister.

(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2010, 06:39 AM by Ioni.)
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
rattled the windows and the tiny regrets and the tiny glass houses that i tried to forget.
:)

No dice. Junai was a little disappointed for, as sly and manipulative as she could be, knowing her limits was not one of her assets. Egotistical (aside from when it came to competition with Torla, who had always come out on top with anything and everything), Junai disregarded the possibility that she might be injured in her foolhardy escapades. She was not one for thinking things through completely; she deliberated how much fun it might be before charging right on ahead, not on potential danger factor. No matter, it would seem doing things as she wished to do them was simply not an option in this instance, considering Ioni hardly approved of Junai's adventurous spirit and Junai hardly intended to disappoint her sister. After all, when and if Ioni took over Swift River (it was a longshot, but definitely a possibility), Junai had every intention of getting a high position for her clear support of her elder sister. While disappointed, Junai gave up the fight gracefully, not wishing to seem like an idiot in the eyes of her sister.

“No bear,” she confirmed with a smooth nod, taking a step backwards to give the short-tempered enemy some space. Junai eyed it warily for a moment before shaking her head briefly and looking back to Ioni, grinning most smoothly while looking at her sister most dismissively from the corner of her eyes. “I didn't really think we could take it on, ya know. It was just me bein' silly.” Not really. Honestly, Junai wondered why she even bothered, considering Ioni wasn't all that honest herself and liars knew all too well how to identify one another. But she figured that Ioni didn't really care—her sister was a lot of things, but Junai hardly considered her a hypocrite, and so brushed away any fears of being called out by her sister. Instead, rolling her shoulders thoughtfully and giving a contemplative nod, Junai responded carefully, “Deer it is. Less work anyhow, right?” That was always nice, Junai supposed... While she liked danger and adventure, easy victories were a-okay with her; she wasn't about to ignore her aching stomach now, anyway.

Now that the menu was decided, Junai supposed that she should try and converse with her sister like she could with anyone else in the family. It was peculiar that Junai, so vocal to a point where it was almost annoying, adored her elder sister so much; it seemed that Junai was forever trying to impress Ioni, to amaze her and wow her with some stupid trick or another. Junai probably like Ioni the best of her siblings, though she was tied with Indru at times and Niija at other times; her opinions varied with her mood, but stayed consistent for the most part. As for Ioni? Well, she was who she had always been, careless and indifferent and apathetic. It had not escaped Junai's attention that Ioni had distanced herself from the other Swift River members since the inferno had taken their homelands weeks ago. Not the empathetic type, Junai couldn't really guess why Ioni had further ostracized herself from the family (she hadn't been too familial to begin with). Unable to help herself, Junai remarked cautiously (apparently half expecting to have her hind end bitten off), “I don't see ya around much lately... Somethin' up?” Because as foolish as Junai could be, she was no moron and as caustic as she could be, she actually cared about her siblings—it just didn't necessarily always show.

table code by sie.
Inactive No Rank
Ioni Tainn

http://a.imageshack.us/img210/9179/ionitable1.png) top no-repeat; background-color: #000000; width: 420px; border: 1px solid #000;">
The female had attempted to cope with the idea that she could not avoid hurting anyone. Although her actions were centered to be for her sole benefit, at times she could not bear it. Guilty with remorse of disheartening her sister’s juvenile illusions, she had turned away to focus her attention on something that did not throb with pain. All of a sudden her heart felt heavy, it sank and floated off into the distance; held down by the weight of rocks and crashing against an endless blanket of waves, it was mere anguish to see it leave. Articulating pain or any emotion for that matter had been a strange occurrence.

Ioni turned back to look at her sister. The floating disappointment in her eyes made her look the other way. She focused her burning eyes on the bear, clinging mercilessly to the bark. Although Junai had lied straight through those pearly teeth, Ioni knew she had the burning desire to face danger. The female glanced back at her younger sibling before smiling. "Seriously, Junai, we would starve to death before we could get through all of that fur." Perhaps she was a little pathetic in her attempt at innocent humor, but she had made the effort nonetheless.

Swiftly, Ioni had directed them to a destination with a considerable amount of foliage. Their targets were out in the distance, grazing on what they could find, and apparently socializing. She took a couchant position leaving her sister to direct them first. Although Ioni had more experience, this hunt had been called by her younger sister and she had to learn sometime. She was fully prepared to run once notified, but Junai had changed the winds. It was an innocent question, but it had shaken Ioni completely. An elegant creature by birth, had suddenly felt a stumble in her step. She looked blankly into the distance as though the answer would be found somewhere in the wilderness, but she failed to find anything.

Everything in life had a reason or a purpose, but her isolation from her family was questionable. She tried to remain as calm as possible as she mustered the courage to finally cudgel her brain for an answer. In truth, she had felt guilty for leaving everyone behind in the fire and arriving on her own. Guilt had consumed her, and no one had deliberately placed blame on her, but the guilt continued. There had been plenty of what-if scenarios replaying her mind, and she had come to the conclusion that she could have done something to salvage someone before they had charred to ashen remains. But instead of telling this small nugget of truth, she went with an idea that had also been bouncing back and forth in her mind. "I have no desire to be here anymore. I want something of my own. I am tired of being overshadowed by everyone. I am not here to compete for the biggest role in the play, I want my own stage."