613 Users Online
Google, Bing

Freedom Reigns — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 136 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
RE: Guiness awakens from a nightmare.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/GuinessTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Tempest and Guiness were running for their lives, a large forest fire behind them as their muscular build pushed them harder. Due to their size, they weren‘t as fast as the others, and were cursed with having the fire running up their tail. His amber golden eyes darted near his sister and even though they were close to the fire, he brought up the rear. Nothing would happen to her as long as he was around. Fear did not leave his gaze as his paws tried to keep up with Tem. A small whine escaped his muzzle in a push for her to continue on. . .to run as fast as her paws could take her. And lucky enough for him, she did, and soon the two were flying across a small creek, one that even small, was big enough to stop a fire.

The two siblings did not stop running though, their paws carried them further until they were in the mountains, their chests heaving. It was the longest run they had ever had to take in their life time. For the two, it didn‘t seem like their luck was getting any better. Two bears leapt out from the clearing, one barreling into him, pinning him down with one of its giant paws, and the other pinning down his sister. He struggled with a broad effort to get towards the thing that was hurting his sister but he couldn‘t. But when he seemed to think it couldn‘t be any worse, it got much more dangerous. The bear. . .had bitten into his sisters neck and life was slowly starting to leak out of her eyes.

Guiness was soon awake though, his golden eyes ablaze with terror. Fear of losing his sister remained promptly within him, but his mouth remained shut. His nose worked in the air, and he could tell of the scent of Tempest lingering in the air, no doubt going to catch them something to eat. His gaze searched around for any sign of anything. It was somewhat dark outside, the sun just beginning to creep out upon the horizon. His tail curled around him as he attempted to shake the dream that had been plaguing him. Nothing bad would happen to them now. . .they were here within Relic Lore in attempt to find Sloane. . .and they would find him with Tem’s wonderful tracking prowess. They would get there, it would just take much time and patience.
(This post was last modified: Aug 28, 2012, 01:26 PM by Guiness.)
Pillar of Strength
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #003377;">
Fireweed Rise. Narimé had come here so many times
now. Or at least it seemed that way to her. It was a great place to
hunt in the morning, and a beautiful place to just relax during the day.
Her pawsteps had led her here after feeling tons of emotions roiling through
her mind. She had dreams last night about onewolf in particular that she
wished she could see. However the silvery she wolf had no clue where the
male was. He could be outside of Lore for all she knew. The gray man from
her dreams who she missed greatly for some odd reason was Sloane.
Thinking back to their few days together she wondered why he'd made such an
impact on her. I just feel so wierd lately.. Confused, angry, and depressed all
at once...
Narimé told herself information that she already knew.

The flowers were beginning to die off now. Fall would come soon, but
patches of firey wildflowers still cloaked the air with a beautiful scent. The young
wolf could slowly feel all of her worries drift away while she padded along lazily
through the meadow. The scent of flowers masked the scent of wolf for the time
being, and the silvery yearling did not notice how close she was getting to another
stranger.

Pausing the girl spied a head poking up out of the flowers and grasses. Yellow
eyes peered around almost frightened by something. The girl stopped in her tracks
and immediately wondered if she'd scared the wolf. Oh I didn't mean to surprise them!
She fumbled about for a second then decided to apologize for waking the fellow.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"I'm sorry sir! I didn't mean to wake you.." She called out from his left while watching
him closely. His rust and gray fur was achingly familiar to the silvery she wolf. Plus the
strangers eyes. She swore she'd seen this wolf someplace before. Or maybe I'm
just seeing things wrong?
She had no clue. But this wolf and it's size reminded her
all too much of a wolf she was missing.

She would wait until the stranger spoke either a greeting or a growl telling her to leave.
Then she might ask him a few things. One, the question that was always in the back of her
head. A question about her father. Then two, a question about who they were.

Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)
code by bryony
(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2012, 06:12 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/GuinessTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
He had not expected to be interrupted in his awakening, and his face turned to the left, towards a female voice. He scolded himself quietly for not thinking about checking the area after he had awoken. Night scares were not something Gui encountered often and mostly avoided the cause entirely. His sensitive ears twitched in response to the female’s high pitched voice, and in greeting dipped his head. His lips did not move the slightest, but his amber golden eyes flickered over the gray female once. She was quite small, and definitely young, not someone he had expected to encounter in Relic Lore yet. . .though perhaps the fact that he had seen another being entirely had been the thing that shocked him mainly. Ever since he had been in the area he had not seen another paw besides his own sister’s. Now, it was quite a shock to see one right in front of him randomly.

Her thick red tail lashed behind him quickly and his eyes averted somewhat. He was not submissive, nor was he dominant, it was something he had grown used to when he had become a lone wolf. Instead of his shoulders being stiff and upright, he could be laid back and free. He no longer had to worry about being someone that everyone looked up to, he could just be Guiness for now. . .Rock. He wouldn’t have to worry about any loyalties except the ones to his sister and brother, Sloane. His rump planted firmly on the ground as he massive head turned to look back over at the female. He did not feel like speaking, and should the time arrive, he would, for he wasn’t one to be rude. For the time being, he just sat quietly, looking on with kind golden eyes.
Pillar of Strength
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #003377;">
Narimé waited until the male spoke, but for some reason he never did.
This intrigued her a bit, but he didn't seem angry so much as annoyed at first.
As the girl watched she noted how calm and collected the male seemed to be like.
Maybe he wouldn't mind if I asked him a question. He hasn't growled at me yet..

Narimé stood up straight trying to be confident about herself.
"I'm looking for a wolf..ah..I mean two wolves really." She bit her tongue as she fumbled
already with her words. Dammit!

"The first wolf, his name is Sibo Lagina. He has white fur, amber eyes, and a patch of
darker grayish black fur running down his back to his tail."
She quoted what she'd
asked so many others only this time the she wolf didn't have as much confidence in
whether the male would say "yes I have seen someone like that!".
Narimé wasn't even sure why she was asking this question still to any new wolves she met.
The saddened girl had lost pretty much all hope to finding her father again. That's why she
had another wolf that she wanted to look for. If only to talk with him about recent happenings.
She could be calmed by his warm fur and kind voice.

"The second wolf I'm looking for.. His name is Sloane Thorben. He's a cream, russet, and black
furred wolf. Around the size that you are, and he has amber eyes."
She finished wondering
if this wolf would know where Sloane was. If not then she would go to every
one of the packs and ask wolves at their borders to see if maybe he'd join one.
All the she wolf knew was that Sloane said that he did not know where he was
going next. She hoped that he'd found a family to live with too. Being
a loner was a hard thing for a wolf to do.

code by bryony
(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2012, 11:27 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
It seemed that the female in front of him was not through with questioning him. With an inner sigh he turned his head towards her. He found it amusing how instead of introducing himself, she just zoomed ahead to the questions. It was quite rude, and Guiness would answer, just not with his voice. . .or well, he thought that at the time. He listened quietly to the female’s words and at the first question addressed to him, he silently shook his head. For a short time, silence reigned over the two wolves, his large head hanging slightly so that he could hear her better. Her question made his eyes grow wide in shock and he had to repeat the words in his head to make sure he had heard her right. Had she said Sloane Thorben? His giant red paw picked itself up and slammed into the ground effortlessly, leaving a large trail of dust in the uprising. It wasn’t something he did often, but he was now sure he was awake and not having another nightmare.

The male was awkward with his words when he finally spoke, "You know brother?" His words did not come out effortlessly but he did manage to get them out. The only problem was that to anyone else his words might have not made sense, but to him they were perfectly fine. In all truth, this was the first wolf he had talked to, besides his sister, since he had entered Relic Lore. Now as he thought back, he didn’t think he had spoken at all since entering the area. His red tail thumped behind him, his patient amber golden eyes staring straight at the female in front of him. If this lady did know his brother. . .then perhaps Tempest and him were getting close. His sister was definitely right and her feeling was right. But apparently, this other wolf was looking for him too. . .which made the guardian’s protective side kick in and his eyes narrowed in suspicion. This time when he spoke, he words made more sense, "Why are you looking for my brother?"
Pillar of Strength
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was all at once surprised with the males reaction when she got
to asking him about Sloane. The stranger had been utterly silent until she named her
friend then he spoke up all excited for some reason. It took her a second to register that
the male had said "brother?". Her blue eyes looked over the male again. That's why!
That's who he reminded me of! So he's Sloanes brother?
She was very curious now and
excited. If this guy was Sloanes brother then surely he would know where his brother had
run off to. She was ready to speak back when he then followed up with something that
made her a bit nervous.

"Why are you looking for my brother?" Was the large males suspicous question.

She wasn't sure at first what he seemed to suspect her of. Does he think
I want to hurt him?
the silvery she wolf burst out laughing. Which probably wasn't
the best idea in front of an annoyed male.

"I'm sorry I have to introduce myself!" She smiled and quieted down her cute giggle.
"My name is Narimé Lagina. Your brother is a good friend of mine and.. Well. I have
been wanting to talk to him about something.."
She wouldn't say what she wanted to talk about.
Especially since she wasn't entirely sure of what she was going to say to Sloane once she
found him.

Smiling, Narimé wagged her tail a bit and watched to see if the male would believe her.
She hoped he would cause if not then this could get very awkward very fast. The young she
wolf also hoped that he wouldn't ask her how she and Sloane had met because the yearling
knew she'd get all embarassed having to tell her story to a stranger(Even if he was his brother).

"So.. Wait. Are you really Sloanes brother? " She asked curiously while
tipping her head to one side.

code by bryony

Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
What he had not expected to happen was for the other female to break out in laughter, and at that his head tilted slightly, one of his eyebrows raising in question. Did he look funny? He didn’t bother checking his pelt but when the words that came out of her mouth filled his ears he calmed down slightly. Her words struck him odd but he went with them, with a simple nod of his own head. He understood the concept of what she was saying and he understood. No more words were to be spoken from his mouth anymore. Her butt plopped back on the ground, his golden amber eyes watching the small female in front of him. With a large sigh escaping his mouth he twitched his ears for any sign of his sister. None was given, unfortunately, and he was soon glancing around every few minutes, looking for any sign of Tem.

His eyes soon snapped back to the female, Narimé when she spoke. He nodded his head at her in answer with a short snort in amusement. Why would he lie about being siblings with Sloane? He was older than is brother, but it didn’t exactly make a difference in the long shot. The two looked extremely similar. . .well. . .at least they had last time Guiness had seen him. Judging from the female’s reaction perhaps they no longer looked like twins. He remembered when the two of them used to joke about being twins with others who didn’t know them. They looked so similar, most of the time it had been hard to figure out which of them had been who. Now, perhaps, he wasn’t so sure.
Pillar of Strength
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé's tail wagged twice after the male nodded answering that he was
Sloane's brother.Great! Then maybe he should know where he is. She
realized also that the reason the male in front of her reminded her so much
of Sloane was because he looked just like her friend. She wondered if the two brothers
stood side by side whether she could even try to pick out the differences between the
two of them.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Umm.. So would you maybe know where he is?" she asked politely to the
quiet wolf. He seemed much more reserved than his brother. Her first encounter
with Sloane had left her with the impression that he was an outgoing yet protective
guardian. This brother seemed to be more of the silent protector. At least that's what she was
thinking right now as she waited for an answer.

Of course when of course the loner had said that he had never met a wolf like her father
Narimé had gotten a bit depressed, but at least she was a step closer to finding where
the rusty gray mans brother had gone. This kept her emotions above the depressed line.
Dang I don't even know his name yet..Well.. Thorben. But his first name.. She
pondered what his name could be while she waited quietly.

code by bryony

Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben
<blockquote>Temest had fallen into a deep slumber for a time, comforted by Gui's nearness and soothed by the sure knowledge that they were getting close. She had become used to far less renewing sleep and woke a few hours later, restless. Guiness had been in a good slumber and she hadn'e wishes to wake him. He expended a lot of energy worring about her and needed his sleep. Quietly, she slipped off, deciding to try a bit of night hunting to calm her restlessness.

An hour later, she was headed back to her bear of a brother, belly empty, but feeling more mellow for the effort. When she approached the lagoon what she saw surprised her a bit and she stopped and watched the interaction for a moment. Gui was not used to interacting with others and the young silver fae seemed to be getting a bit excited over something that he had said. <i>How very curious...</i>

With her own curiousity peaked, she approached the pair, her russet and cream pelt emerging from the camoflage of the surrounding trees. She walked over to the pair and stood next tho her brother. Her proud bearing spoke of her lost heritage, but she was as ever unfazed by their current loner status. The young fae was smaller than them by far, but it was also apparent that the silvery female would grow to be a decent size in her fullness of life.

She gave her brother a quick affectionate look, before smiling kindly at the other fae. <b>"Hello. I'm Tempest Thorben. I see that you've already met my brother Guiness.. May I ask your name, dear?"</b> Although filled with an unmistakeable confidence, her voice was also quite friendly and she offered a smile to the younger woman that lit her bright amber eyes.

Although she would not hesitate to defend herself and her loved ones ferociously, she was a firm believer in diplomacy and friendship. Had this been a strange male approaching her by herself, she could not have guaranteed the same diplomacy, given her past experience...</blockquote>
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
His own voice did not speak up after that, but his head did give a sharp shake in negative to the female’s question. He didn’t know where his brother was, though he hoped he would fine the young male soon. He no longer felt as if talking were necessary. He would not ask questions and he would not speak, though her knew the knowledge of his name should have been granted, he was saved from using his voice by the presence of another. . .another that he was quite familiar with. His sister had returned, it seemed with an unsuccessful hunt. How odd of her not to have brought something back. . .she usually was such a good huntress. When she stepped near him, his nose butted her shoulder gently, showing her that he was happy that she was here. And when she spoke, he smiled at her. . .there was his name, perfect timing too. He no longer had to speak. His front paw did sneak out protectively in front of his sister’s body as he stared at the small young female.

He knew that soon the two of them would have to set off in search of their brother, once again. He did not push away the thought though, for it excited him to think that he would once again see his respected brother(by him that is) for killing the nasty alpha that had killed most of the males in the Thorben line. He was proud of his little brother for being so brave, and his ears twitched as his golden amber eyes went back to scanning the area observantly. Nothing would get past his eyes and soon a small butterfly would delicately fly through the clearing, the small sight bringing a goofy smile onto his lips, before his face would once again become composed.
Pillar of Strength