695 Users Online
Bing, Google, Lillia, Sophrosnia

take everything I have — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass. Like I'm made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down...

As the smoke clears, I awaken
And untangle you from me...

--Vlarindara's Theme; Demi Lovato - "Skyscraper"

<blockquote><i>October 16th; Early morning, after sunrise; Cloudy; 33º F.</i>

The broken man that was supposedly Angier Lyall dragged himself through the Drooping Willows. His eyes, so keenly focused on the forest ahead of him, were blind and unseeing; the expression on his face was blank and the nose at the tip of his muzzle was lackluster. The man who had once been the defiant second-born and envious yearling of Bertram Valley had been reduced to a wraith of the words and promises that he had failed to fulfill. Winter would be just around the corner, he knew, and when he stumbled into the presence of the color-changing willows, the sensation of relief was the first to surface before giving way to the sting of anxiety and panic.

Perhaps he would not be able to find his way back. Suppose he had gone too far or maybe even gone in the wrong direction completely. He scrambled to right himself. Elettra's scent wafted his way, followed by Remy's. With their perfume being the most recently rediscovered, aside from Jaysyek's, he was fortunate to have been quick to place them to memory. To be able to <i>remember</i>.

His ears drew forward from their positions at the ruff of his neck and he scanned the forest around him. <i>Salvation,</i> his thoughts cried out in his skull. <i>Salvation is coming. She will take care of me.</i> His breathing quickened and his senses heightened as he <i>hopped</i> and <i>lurched</i> further towards Lady Elettra's domain, or at least where he thought the wolves of Willow Ridge could be.

He and Vlarindara, he reasoned with himself, never stood a chance to begin with. She had been taken with Borden from the start and he had greedily and <i>happily</i> loved her when his brother had made no more claims over her. They had seemingly been blinded by jealousy and doomed by Angier's selfishness. Now, with her disappearance, maybe he could find himself again. Maybe he <i>and Elettra</i> would be an entirely different {and successful} story altogether.

Elettra. The hope of her protection, her grace, and strength willed him to move forward. He tried to focus, to keep his mind intact, to keep the past where he had tucked it away. Willow Ridge was his only option now. His chance for redemption, a refuge away from the pain that had shaped him into the wolf he had become. His nose twitched and he stopped in his tracks as soon as one of the pack's everyday paths crisscrossed with his own. He was close.

<b>"ELETTRA!"</b> he cried out. He could have easily been mistaken for a pup calling out for his mother. His features sobered from the suspense that had gripped his trembling being and his eyes wildly darted from the spaces between the arched trees to the edges of the stones that surrounded him. <b>"Elettra! You <i>promised!</i>"</b> Hurt laced his words, but while he could do nothing but blink as he awaited for someone's approach, he allowed himself to feel. To become aware of the hunger in his gut, the ache in his back, the fire in his throat, the weakness in his limbs. The despair in his voice. <b>"You promised you'd be here for me!"</b></blockquote>

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
‘Elettra!’ The cry against the silence of sunrise stirred a blink from the lumbering ivory male, his fiery eyes lifting to the sky as a flock of birds were startled from the outburst and took flight. Phineas’ pink tongue slipped past his lips in contemplation, and without further hesitance, the large male loped in the direction of the seemingly desperate call. There was another cry – the voice seemed to mingle with pain and a frown furrowed the Ridge wolf’s brows as he continued forward. Still a stranger to the pack lands and Relic Lore, the Argyris male would not pretend to be involved with his surroundings; whoever was crying at the borders was a stranger to him, and while his Leader seemed to know him, it did not soothe Phineas’ weary mind.

He prowled the borders, noting the brisk start of the day as the sun began to filter through the clouds. Winter was coming; the hours of darkness grew longer, and soon their days would be even shorter than they were now. With a wounded heart and mind, the alabaster beast at least took solace in the fact that he had been given a safe haven for the worst and longest season of the year.

Phineas saw him then. A pale tawny wolf, large in stature, though around his size. His pumpkin eyes swept harshly over the male, noting there to be no physical damage to his being. His desperation seemed to stir from emotion, and while the Ridge wolf could emphasize with such, the instinctive nature that had settled upon him the moment he had been accepted to the pack lifted, and the white male’s hackles bristled as his stoical features regarded the unknown male. “It’s awfully early to be bellowing,” he noted dryly, his tail giving a flick behind him.

Played by Ver who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
<blockquote>It was <i>indeed</i> awfully early to be bellowing. The morning's chill was far from risen, her path toward the offending sounds marred by clouds of breath that escaped her parted jaws. It was not often that loners came around so close to sunrise, or called into the willows with such urgency - thus the leash of duty pulled particularly strong on this case. Remy, determined not to disappoint her Leader any further than she already had, forgoed her morning's patrol and changed course immediately, toward a scent that hinted faintly of some familiarity (though the voice did fail to recognize).

It was both a surprise and a stab to the gut to find at the scene a wolf marked of Elettra's scent whose acquaintance she'd just barely made. This was typical; she did not seek the comfort of company much. But that he had beat her to the Guardian's post was particularly shameful - she had to <i>do better</i>. The time of her absence had correlated exactly with a large influx of new members and she would not be overtaken by a single one of them. Remy still held her position as tightly as she had before her disappearance.

The tank-like woman moved forward - not swiftly by any means - but strongly anyway, coming to stand a little ways before, but still beside, the pale wolf who had greeted their guest. With her chin and tail high in the air she cast a steel-soft glare upon the male. In appearance he was exactly the same as she'd seen him last, but he resonated an aura so entirely shattered that she felt the edges of glass in her skin just from his hollow stare. What was that he had wailed? Something about Elettra and promises? She had not entirely trusted him during their encounter in the Wildwood, and his current demeanor made it difficult for any progress to be made on such a judgement. To her own surprise she found it difficult to turn teeth on him - which, with any other mentally questionable wolf she would have instantly. Perhaps he was so close to Elettra as he had claimed to be at one point or another - either way, Remy chose to wait and find out before sending him off.

Solid in her protective stance the red-eared female returned with an air of command, "<b>A broken wolf's cries are indeed unpleasant. Calm yourself, Angier.</b>" Easily she dropped the name - for Angier, a casual reminder that she recalled their last encounter and for her fellow packmate, that her jurisdiction here lied not only with her rank but her slight familiarity with the wolf at the border. Remy did not continue with an interrogation - it was quite clear what he wanted here. Instead she fixed him with her iced green stare, awaiting her dark-coated queen's arrival as well. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2012, 03:40 PM by Remy.)
user posted image
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Pain. Sorrow. Agony. The emotions screamed out through the call of his voice and rang bitterly into the ear's of Elettra which folded against her skull as though to block it all out and make it go away. Had she betrayed him? Had she promised him anything worth breaking? He sang out to her, accusingly for all the whole of her pack to hear the deed of a sin which Elettra was sure she had not commit and for this mistake, Elettra's blood boiled, and Angier would pay.
She came quickly, swiftly and wild in her emotions - questioning and anger, hurt and sad and not understanding of any of it. Had she promised she would be there for him always and had she, how did she break this? Confusion ruffled the hairs along the length of her spine. She had not seen the man in months, since it had been summer, now in the heart of autumn with winter knocking at Relic's door. Last she knew, he was a member of the Swift River pack, paying a debt which he had owed to the leading male of the pack. He had sent the pack gifts of plenty in that time - herbs and pelts, berries and meats. She was thankful for these gestures and awaited the very moment he would come to her door, asking for assistance in which ever manner needed. But this? Oh, Elettra Archer had by far not expected this.
She crest one of the various low sloping hills of her homeland, arching around the willows which brushed at her dark back-side, cooled by the chill of the early morning still. Though the cooler months were harsh, she could not stand for the heat which such a thick, dark coating. The chills prickles her flesh and calmed the heat of her soul. The harshness of winter tested her patience and pushed herself to the limits for the need to survive. Though it was hard, she relished in the memory of what it felt like to be alive. And now, with the pale, cold gaze of her silvery toned eyes, she was just as unforgivable as the winter itself. She looked upon Angier in much question before falling to those else whom had gathered. Amongst him, there they were, two out of the three largest within their pack, standing along side Koda whom had been more missing then in action for the past few months. She covers her smile which flickers just beyond eye's reach, happy that the pair had made way and with it, both showing their efforts as the pack's Guardians (despite the lack of commitment Phineas had yet to any task).
Her approach is slow, certain with each way of her thick hips and long, sturdy limbs. She stands, so arrogantly close to her newest member, Phineas, to which the dark hairs along her side could just barely brush the light hues of his own. Though she had held an interested eye on Angier for quite some time (though by only physical means) Elettra had found numerous home harbored good looks, all whom had not obtained her true longing. Sica was a dashing, interesting fellow. As had the white wolf formerly of Poison Path, as the mass of the beast currently as her side. As had her emotions been wild and untouchable in the presence of Ruiko. Though none had ever slain her lust and calmed her heart and the one whom could have possibly had the chance of touching this (Alexander) had abandoned her far before any form of relationship could bloom. And now, after all this time, the brother of her very enemy finally came barreling down at her doorstep as a desperate last resort. Sure, they were allies and sure, Elettra knew nothing of the love he had held for Vlarindara. However even so, Elettra refused to be his back-up plan.
Taking in a deep breath, she pauses to look him over: large, healthy, perfection in his being for all she was aware. Though something was wrong, obviously. She exhales. The length of her steamy breath stirring in the space she and Angier and she steps forth but a pace more beyond the side of her large companions. "Do tell me you do not come banging at my doorstep to suggest that I have broken such a promise, Angier Lyall?" Her voice is as ever: dark, exotic by an origin far from here. It is daring, just as daring as he had been to come to her like this, to scream out in possible suggestion that she had broken whatever agreement they had with one another. She would be not known as a woman whom goes back on her word, and she would shatter those thoughts, right here and now. "Angier...." She coos then in whispers for him, the length of her tongue licking along her greying lips as she bends her body slightly to the weary man, though by no means in allowance to lay down her guard by this action. "What has become of you?"
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>The prompt arrival of one of Willow Ridge's males caught the Lyall off-guard. <i>"It’s awfully early to be bellowing,"</i> he had stated and immediately Angier's ears and posture dropped. The corners of his mouth turned downward in shame. <b>"I-I'm s-so-sorry,"</b> he stuttered. <b>"I-I jus'..."</b> The appearance of another wolf, actually a familiar face, made the mask on his face distort even further. <i>"A broken wolf's cries are indeed unpleasant. Calm yourself, Angier,"</i> Remy's words hit him as more of a reprimanding as she seconded the male's statement.

<i>Calm?</i> A low whine came from his throat. He was certain for a moment the duo would send him away without being allowed to see even a hair on Elettra's hide. It seemed like some time before she arrived but once the dark-pelted lady had approached, almost similar to an <span class='word'>eidolon</span>, or rather the ever-vigilant, shadow-shrouded queen of a forbidding kingdom, he sank even further onto the cold ground. With his eyes wide and anxious they exchanged a glance, and he watched the Willow Ridge leader acknowledged the brute. Eventually her metallic eyes rested back on his face and he respectfully and hastily averted his eyes. <i>"Do tell me you do not come banging at my doorstep to suggest that I have broken such a promise, Angier Lyall?"</i>

Her voice lapped at his ears and he couldn't help but shudder as he quickly shook his head. It was as if she had just slapped him harshly with an iron hand then immediately caressed him as if to undo her first gesture. The sound of his name made him jump and he cautiously looked up to meet her eyes before looking away once more. She drew nearer and he braced himself, anticipating the snap of her jowls somewhere along his coarse pelt. <i>"What has become of you?"</i> The placid question made him quiver but it had easily coaxed a reply from the depths of his soul. <b>"Worry,"</b> he answered. <b>"Fear, <i>m'lady</i>."</b> He grimaced, <b>"I was afraid that you wouldn't come."</b></blockquote>

Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
His tongue slithered past his lips, his fiery eyes managing a rather cold appearance given the heat of his gaze. His tail cast a quick lash, uncertain if he should wait for Elettra to come or if he should send the stranger away from the borders until the male learned the common use of etiquette and did not bellow around another’s borders. The stutter of apology soothed him slightly, and Phineas’ hackles lowered – the stranger was clearly in an emotional agony.

Before he could question anything, the silver she-wolf he had seen on occasion was quick to the scene as well. Relaxing his posture in her presence, the ivory male noted she knew the visiting wolf’s name, and gave a light nod of understanding. Having nothing more to say, for he knew the male not, the Argyris male awaited to see how the tawny male would be dealt with and how the pack dealt with a more neurotic border greeting.

Elettra was swift on the scene, and as his Leader came alongside him, Phineas felt the faintest of her touch with mild surprise, but not ignorance. She was an attractive lady – perhaps even more so than his ex-mate, though he knew very little of her. Koda was a lucky man. His eyes briefly skimmed the Lady of the pack, his muzzle tipping in respect before he allowed his muzzle to graze her shoulder and the base of her neck in greeting. The dark she-wolf seemed just as displeased by the male’s announcement at her pack’s edge, and the alabaster wolf remained in case his presence was needed.

Played by Ver who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
<blockquote>She held on to her stone mask as Angier's apology wobbled through his teeth; Remy had of course seen many an emotional outburst though getting personally involved with one was far from her cup of tea. Her pale-coated packmate seemed to have relaxed to some extent following his stuttered sorries, but Remy did not follow suit. What with his gifts at the borders, his alliance with Elettra, and her own personal experience with the mischievous wolf that this encounter was far from over and would prove particularly interesting.

It was unlike her Lady to be late and she was no less hasty today. Of course the urgency with which her name was wailed at her own border could certainly be perceived as a hastening factor. As she approached the scene Remy lowered her head, flattening her red ears against her skull to nudge the Leader beneath her chin. As she raised up again the massive female took one step backward, keeping a wary eye on the two wolves in case of... well, anything, though she made certain not to hold her gaze too intensely. After all it was an emotional cesspool out here, and she did love her leader but Elettra's redamancy for Angier was not of top priority information.

In either case she remained at the ready off-sides with her fellow border-patrol-enthusiast, should the spectacle end short and the alliance go sour. </blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Shaken, torn, broken. He was all of these things to her, and more. A shivering pup at her doorstep, a deranged soul whom needed his pieces placed back together and this was something Elettra wanted nothing to do with. She wanted strong members in her pack, she wanted strong allies which he in this state, was not. Dealing with emotional drama was not something Elettra was accustom to cope with. Even when her own emotions were wild and too much to bare, she did not known what to do but to run, cry alone and bark at the moon hoping the gods might find mercy to give her closure. If not this, she acted and acted with violence, striking out at all and any whom got in her way and refused to leave her be, much as she had done with the ever persistent Ruiko. If she could not manage her own ill emotions, she could not manage another and so simply looked to Angier when he spoke, with a slight frown, pressed into a hard line. She too had been broken and oh, in the most horrid of ways so she looked to him with understanding even without the ability to help him. "This is my home, and you've come knocking. We had an agreement - why wouldn't I have come?" Her voice is dark in it's hushed whisper and in moments, she pulls back, to her full stance once more before the male. Her chin tucked downward as she looked at him placed tight upon the ground, her silver eyes narrowing with question. "...You must have a reason for being here." It was not a question, but certainty. He would not come, like this, so emotional and so on edge and uncertain, if it was not for some dire need. Certainly, something had happened to have him falling at her boarders like this now.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>He was grateful Elettra's duo of guards kept their distance. At the moment it was taking all he had to keep himself as composed as he could possibly manage. He could only imagine how desperate and rather pathetic he must have sounded, looked, seemed as a whole. <i>"This is my home, and you've come knocking,"</i> Elettra resumed. <i>"We had an agreement - why wouldn't I have come?"</i>

His eyes closed. <i>That was right.</i> They had an <i>agreement</i>... but were his tokens of meager supplies enough? His forehead creased and his ears pressed back along his neck. The dark lady prompted him for an answer, to enlighten her as to why exactly he had come to the edge of Willow Ridge. <b>"Yer protection,"</b> he offered quietly before clearing his throat. He tried to speak with more confidence and clarity, <b>"The security of your pack. I... I-I've given you anything an' everything of value that I've found on my travels to an' from Swift River."</b>

<b>"Indru is gone,"</b> he informed her, stealing another glance into Elettra's hardened gaze. <b>"And with him, my debt with Swift River... I... I want t' <i>serve you</i>, m'lady. Really, what other purpose do I serve when Relic Lore has nothing more for a rogue like me?"</b></blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
[ this is kind of awkward to write, as elettra would have originally accepted angier into the pack due to their former agreement, but since there is no room, im making something up thats reasonable. hopefully angier will be gentle with her! :/ ]

The words spilled out in moments, a craving for the protection of her, of the pack which held obediently at her backside. The group which had rose from a few women including a yearling, and two men. He means to tell her of everything he had brought to her, everything he could think to do whilst not a member of the pack. Elettra had already questioned as to why he had not joined her and now, it was answered as to why he could now. The lead male of Swift River was missing. Already, had Grizzly Hollow's lead male disappeared on them once, now Swift River, not to mention the fall of Copper Rock Creek. Did this happen often? Would this happen to her? She huffs internally. She would never abandon her pack and whatever man left her side would be replaced with another better fitting. It was as simple as this.
She is silent for a time, a sigh breaking the silence when she was ready to speak. "My pack has become overwhelmingly full with the coming of the winter months and the need for shelter. There is no more room amongst us." Already, the hunters were struggling hard to find food now that it was thinning and double time by the size of the pack. Members whom held a task of something other then hunting were not forced to offer their time helping the hunters keep everyone happy and healthy. Winter was closing in and the thought that Angier might struggle through it alone, left pity across her features. "Surely, with the coming of spring and return of food, as well as the need to breed coming to light, openings may find their way within the ranks. For the time, I implore you to seek out Nina, a timbered she-wolf of medium size and one useful eye. She is a remainder from the recently fallen Creek pack. She has others with her and they may be staying around the Thicket of Secrets. Tell her of the situation and that I sent you, and you may find shelter amongst them." She says this was confidence, despite the fact that she is unaware of how Nina may feel of this. Surely though, she will need members at her side to help the few of them whom remained throughout the winter. Another body, another strong male, another guardian amongst them to help through this hard time. If anything, Elettra could see it as one final test to Angier. That if he truly wanted to be with her, he would wait for her, as she had patiently waited for him.
"Do not think that just due to the sudden circumstances I have abandoned you, Angier....I willbe here for you, Angier, as you have been here for me." And not just by offering gifts of food and herb alike to her members at the borderline, but also in warning Elettra of Borden, for not laughing in her face when she had been proven wrong, and by doing his best to offer her advice on the situation at the time, however fox-like it may have been.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2013, 05:57 AM by Sica.)