(See All?) Announcements
509 Users Online
Bing, Google

Give me a reason — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Raine who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amon Lehto
http://i45.tinypic.com/qqphxv.jpg); background-color: black; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; border-radius: 40px; -moz-border-radius: 40px;">
The track passed beneath his feet, flanked by green grass and brightly colored flowers on all sides. He tried to keep his gaze on the ground, tried not to look at the red and orange flowers; but his eyes were occasionally drawn upward, and he was left breathing harshly at the sight. So pretty; so much like fire. He paused, admired them, and then turned away sharply, bending to press his nose into the ground hard enough to hurt.

He was on a mission. An important mission; he could not stand and gaze at flowers, there were things that needed to be done! Stupid 'Mon, He told himself firmly, and set his feet, taking a deep breath before he began walking again. It was really very important that he do this thing, and he had come here with a purpose.

A purpose which grew slowly less clear the more he wandered, in search of the perfect...the perfect something.

At last he came to a halt, eyes clouded and thoughts muddled by sudden uncertainty. What had he been doing? It had been really important... He turned his head slowly, looking out over the flowers...pretty, pretty flowers. His gaze was caught by the ripples they made on the land, and he could almost picture himself in the middle of a fire with no heat.

"Pretty," He sighed, and settled more comfortably on the path, assuming a sphinx-like position to gaze out across the rise.

table by sam · stock from dawnthieves.de
Played by Namara who has 16 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Blaze Shadestrike

Never Changing Who I Am...

(Looks like a really juicy thread!)

Blaze had traveled for nearly a year and a half now. But this new land was strange to him. At least he was out of those god forsaken mountains and was on with his life. His eyes flashed from side to side at the noise of a voice. Pretty. He heard a wolf say the word pretty. He hated pretty things and those who thought things were pretty. He was hot-headed about that sort of thing. Like he was talking about his birth pack. for that mother fucking Josh. that was no joke, he learned that Josh had had pups with his mom before his dad met his mom. Making Josh his mentor, and the father of his half brothers. That was just wrong No, maybe they were step brothers? Regardless it was sick. His eyes filled with anger as he looked upon the wolf. The wolf appeared to have an injury or two.

He looked at the flowers, the fire. He couldn't help but be captivated for a few seconds. but his ears were perked up with alarm like they'd always been. His eyes narrowed in. the flowers looked more like herbs. But the fire they represented dug into what little heart he had. His red and blue eyes swerved to the monster that had said pretty. Looks like he'd lost quite a bit of face there. "I hate pretty."He gruffed out. His nose scenting arounf for more wolves. None, this was good then. No other wolves meant this wolf was alone. No one to help him if he got on Blaze's wrong side.

user posted image
It's time to begin, isn't it?
Inactive No Rank
Amon Lehto
Yess. >83 Thanks for joining!
http://i45.tinypic.com/qqphxv.jpg); background-color: black; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; border-radius: 40px; -moz-border-radius: 40px;">
"I hate pretty," A gruff voice said from behind him. Amon's ears flicked back briefly, and he turned his head to blink at the russet male that stood there. Muted green eye took him in slowly, and his ears flicked as though not quite sure what to do with themselves--was this a dominant wolf? He didn't smell of a pack, but then, Amon's sense of smell was not always up to par these days. He settled for a somewhat passive-submissive pose, ears half-back and eyes not quite meeting the other male's mismatched gaze--though it could be argued that he hadn't been doing that, anyway.

"Pretty like fire," Amon bobbed his head slowly, gaze drawn back to the flowers. "Burning pretty. Hurts." The last he could not be sure what he was talking about; yes, fire hurt, but his head had also begun to throb, and his right eye rolled gently in its socket, milky and not altogether focused. Amon bent his head and rubbed at the wound with his paw, teeth bared in a half-snarl. "Stupid pain. Stop it."

Inactive Deceased
Blaze Shadestrike
It's Time to Begin, Isn't It...

(I need Blaze threads and was all 'OMG an open thread')
Blaze nearly leapt at him... bit there was a submissive pose that made him confident. He nearly laughed at it because they were both lone wolves. Normally another loner would be leaping at his throat by now. The words that flowed out of the wolf's mouth were hilarious. "Fire is nothing pretty. It's painful, torturous. Like wolves feel after a fight with me. I'm Blaze." he said, wondering if this wolf had the guts to fight him or not. He'd be shocked if this wolf did. He let a warning growl rise from his chest. The consequence of a fight with Blaze. There was only two. Death or a serious maiming.

Blaze snickered as the flowers went with the sway of the wind. Nothing could push him down. He had proven that enough times. It appeared he didn't have to prove it with his wolf. His tail raised in an easy dominance. His eyes stone cold hard. nothing would get past him. Perhaps he could start a pack. No, that would require love. He hated love. Love was weakness. He would give his soul away for a vole before he fell in love. He was strong and fierce. that was his life story and he was sticking to it.

I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admitI'm just the same as I was,Now don't you understand
I'm Never Changing Who I Am
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Amon Lehto
Hahaha! I'm the same way. |D
The male spoke with a domineering tone that made something in Amon's head chuckle, a sound that very quickly found its way up and out his throat. He didn't even know why he was laughing, but it was clear his first assumption had been correct when the male introduced himself--Blaze, he said, and Amon could, and did, giggle some more at the name so closely resembling the fire in his thoughts. But the low growl coming from the other wolf's throat had his hackles up immediately, and he leaped to his feet, turning toward the wolf with head low and lips pulled back in a sudden snarl.

"Hurts," He growled. There was something familiar about the situation; yes, this had happened before, hadn't it? Many, many times. He could almost remember those others, from that hazy before time. He didn't like fighting, did he? No, that wasn't his calling. Or was it? His head was spinning, but his eyes were clear and hard, focused on the male who claimed to be like fire--painful. Torturous, he'd said. "We'll see."

Inactive Deceased
Blaze Shadestrike

(Not really gonna kill 'em)

Blaze snarled at the wolf, a snagged-tooth type growl showing. With the words we'll see, Blaze leapt. He took that as a challenge.
"Ready to die? I've killed many wolves before you. Your just another lost cause. I hope your ready to die, if not, then prepare yourself." He growled, he spun in mid-air, purposefully ,missing and landing right behind him. He prepared for an attack up the rear. This fight, it reminded him so much of the fight with Josh. It played back in his head. His final words to Josh were the last ones he'd fully said with emotions.

He'd said that he formally challenged Josh for his rank as second of the pack. When Josh said he would not fight, like a very unofficial guardian. Blaze said he knew that trick and leapt at him. Truth was that Josh viewed himself as too old to continue the legacy of Blaze's family hierarchic. Josh gave no struggle, he bit the throat and it was all over with a few words from Josh to him. Josh told him, 'good luck kid, see you in hell.' Blaze had been furious and whispered back. 'I got a while.' That fight reminded him of so much.

I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admitI'm just the same as I was,Now don't you understand
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Amon Lehto
The wolf--Flame? No, that wasn't right...--pulled an almost impossible aerial move, causing Amon to leap as well, if only to make sure the male didn't land while his back was to his attacker. He rattled off something about being ready to die, and having killed before, but Amon only snorted, keeping his head tucked and his body slightly curved away from the male as he began a slow circle, protecting his throat and underbelly.

"Stupid," He sighed, not about his opponent but the situation they were in; mentally screwed as he was, even Amon understood that fighting as a lone wolf was best avoided. Neither of them had any pack to return to if they were wounded, and Amon didn't particularly want to sacrifice his life at the altar of this male's ego. His mind had cleared enough that he remembered a few key tactics; mainly that the defensive position was the better one, because he could be prepared for an attack, without exposing anything too vital to claws or teeth.

He also knew better than to taunt, but he couldn't help the crooked grin that crossed his face or his sparkling eyes as he spoke. "So strong, picking on weaker male. Big head. No back bone." Even as he spoke, he knew it was stupid; but he felt he could rely on his greater speed to get away, and if worse came to worse, Amon had no issue with running.

Inactive Deceased
Blaze Shadestrike

Blaze snarled as his eyes burned with anger. This wolf was calling him a coward. "No, I am an honorable fighter, I fight when challenged. You challenged me, so I attacked. I think it is you stupid, who can't tell the difference between loner and pack wolf. You bowed submissively to me. A loner doesn't do this. Run back to your mum you little boy." He snarled out in scorn. He didn't like this boy. He hadn't even given his name! He looked at him. He knew the end result would be someone leaving or death.

Blaze smirked, he didn't know the speed of this wolf. But he himself was a fast little fucker with a knack for long and fast runs. He could track this wolf down wherever he was. He could guarantee it. Hadn't he been the one able to beat everyone in his old pack? Well he knew pure strength had nothing to do with that. Strategy and speed had a huge role in his wins in battle. That is why his nickname was 'The Painful Death' because when you fight him, you wish for death.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Amon Lehto
The male went off again, and Amon shook his head, slowly. "I speak. You call challenge. Diplomacy falls on deaf ears. You insult me. I will not fight you, who are weak-minded enough to see shadows where there are none. Nor will I be 'running back to my mother,' " Amon snorted, unaware that his words had slowly become more eloquent as he went on. Amon gave the male a level look, and then turned away, body tensed for an attack while his back was turned, but unwilling to further the confrontation.

The male might be fast, but--so long as Amon remembered what he was doing, and why he needed to avoid...Fire? No, Blaze, right?--he doubted the wolf would find him. He would simply move on, and--with any luck--they wouldn't run into each other again.

Inactive Deceased
Blaze Shadestrike

(Plan I had in mind= I post this, then you post an exit, we archive it and claim the points :))

Blaze growled, he just needed to get away from this insane wolf. "Whatever, your not worth it you fat lard. Though I honor your courage in battle. I'm not monster. I will leave you in peace, however be in my way again and I won't hesitate to kill you." He growled, he had made an enemy today, not particularly proud of the fact, but he was proud of it at the same time. Blaze had made it through four years of life like this. He remembered first meeting Josh. He'd run into him on patrol. Man that wolf had not been happy with that. Why did Josh have to betray him?

He padded away from the fire flower meadow. Hoping never to mean that strange wolf again. He hadn't even gotten a name in exchange for his own. He padded away remembering Jet. The only fight he'd ever lost. That move, it was an non-honorable move. To kick an opponent who had already won. But that was behind him, he had one goal in mind now. Survive.
*BLAZE EXITS*

user posted image