(See All?) Announcements
411 Users Online
Google, Bing

Desperado
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Maksim was born a prince, pack life was in his blood. He was taught from an early age that each wolf has a roll, that the idea of 'freedom' came from fools who were sick of not being a high enough rank. Being the good student he was, he believed them. Never left the side of his mother and father. Well, until he decided he wanted his own legacy and left home with a sweet goodbye to his family. He kept walking alone for a while after that, became a bit of a desperado. Reckless. It wasn't until he met those two lone males that he realised what grotesque mind set he had taken on. Some sort of free spirit idea, like being alone was a good thing. He was stupid to let himself get like that. After he moved on from them, he refused to allow himself to get like ... that. It was why he was walking to a particular destination. He could already smell their presence. He could smell their border.

Maksim Baranski was here to join a pack.

The male inhaled deeply, held the breath in his lungs and then released it, trying to compose himself. Courage, boy. You shouldn't be scared after all, they're wolves just like you. He paced momentarily before a voice in his head snapped. What are you doing? Stop being such a pup and man up. You're a wolf and a damn strong one, Maksim Baranski. Don't you forget it! Was he going crazy? Had being alone for so long finally made him lose it? He shook his head with a brief growl of irritation. Why on Earth was he acting like this? The voice was right. Man up. Since when did the idea of talking to pack wolves unnerve him? He raised his head, puffed his chest out. Maksim Baranski, ex-Prince of Tall Trees, was not afraid of other wolves.

Maksim threw his head back and, after parting his black lips, let out a howl, a signal to either the alpha or whoever was patrolling these borders. He was going to cake walk getting into this pack. He was going to blow away the alpha - alphas? - with his loyalty and strength; he was a hunter, a fighter, a warrior and he was going to prove it to whoever was in charge around here. This was one desperado that was going to settle down and, hopefully, soon.

table by mimi, written to 'desperado' by johnny cash
(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2013, 11:41 PM by Maksim.)

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
The stillness of the spring air was broken apart by a stranger's cry to attention, the reverberating echo lifting Ava's head from its resting place upon her crossed paws. A little more force than usual got her up from her cozy nesting spot at the mouth of the den and moving toward the border, ears perked forward and ever wary of what was to come. First came the scent of what to expect - a loner, a male - and then came his figure looming on the horizon.

Before him she stopped, black tail curling over her back while she held her chin high in the air. Not even the bulging of her sides could lessen the demand of her posture. He was a huge wolf, certainly, bigger than even the largest wolf she'd encountered in her many romps across the map of the Lore. Even though she could not tell his intentions exactly she still considered him. Physical strength only went so far. The pack was in a delicate state yet - they would need far more than muscle to raise a new family, if he'd even come to lend his help at all.

"Sounds like you didn't come this close to pay a simple visit," she mused smoothly, sizing him up through her fiery stare. It had been a while since she last intercepted wolves at her pack's border, back in a time when she'd belonged to a different life. But it felt natural, the kind of act she could slip right into even after months without engaging in such a role. Nothing felt more her place than to be here, defending her border, asking questions and getting answers. Eager to quit speculating, she could not help but prompt additionally, "Who are you?"

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
As Maksim waited, he wondered briefly of his brother, Arman. Where had he and Anzhela gotten to? He missed them sorely, a big hole left in his heart where they were. They were close, the Baranski pups, constantly playing and exploring. Curious about the world and all the things within it. No wonder he missed them.

The male was pulled from his thoughts as it didn't take long for the scent of another wolf to come along ... however there was something about this smell and it didn't take long for him to catch on. He certainly smelt the pups within her before the wolf saw the curve of her belly. This must be the alpha female, mustn't it? It had to be, she was pregnant. Her fur was black and nothing but black, no patches of brown or grey woven within. Just a completely even tone of darkness. Her eyes, however, were a nice break from the inky colouration of her coat; bright amber, fiery and determined. He lowered his posture at her arrival, his head dipped and his tail low, a sign of respect and submission. She spoke to him, stating the somewhat obvious: he was not here to pay a simple visit.

"You're right about that, ma'am." She proceeded to ask him what his name was and Maksim was more than happy to comply with an answer. ""My name is Maksim Baranski. I came here looking to join this pack, to offer my skills any way I possibly can." Maksim had a lot to offer to Grizzly Hollow. He wasn't the fastest wolf, no, but he was certainly a strong one. Far from stupid, too. He had a good head on his thick shoulders as well a strong sense of morality. He certainly knew right from wrong and there was barely a grey patch between the two for the Baranski. He was loyal to whatever cause he stood behind, offering his entire life to it. Now here he stood, offering his everything to this female and her pack: his strength, his smarts and his loyalty.

(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2013, 12:17 AM by Maksim.)

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
Her golden eyes caught his movements, pleased with the way he presented himself as she arrived. His response was quick, and clear, and above all polite. The tension of wariness disappeared from her stance though she retained her proper dominance. Of course she was impressed, but she did not allow her expression to betray her. Ava's facade remained cool, collected and utterly unchanged. Spring time had always brought harsher border control and demands from the pack. It was no longer about just them together, but about raising a new family. Pups were delicate, and she was a new mother - that combination required the utmost of care from every contributor.

"Ava Attaya," she countered, "Leader of Grizzly Hollow." Strange words they were, to rise from her throat and slip from her jet-black jaws, but she spoke them with ease. Without the Lyalls, this was her leadership, and her members would have to understand it as such - no wavering in her eyes, as it were. "If I may, Maksim, I am curious what skills you might offer me. I'm sure you can tell we are expecting new arrivals. I need to ensure their protection and survival, as well as my pack's. Guardian, hunter, teacher, medic - what is your skill? What have you to offer me?"

The words she spoke were genuine. Of course Ava did not wish to send an able man away without a home, but she had to be certain his addition was beneficial for both parties. But he held promise - and she was certain a few follow-up questions would not scare him off, regardless of how hard she tried to stare.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
The female's position did not change and it did not betray the thoughts Maksim had about her. Dominance and power. As soon as she introduced herself, the male wolf nodded slowly; this was the alpha female of the pack known as Grizzly Hollow. Of course, he couldn't have been wrong. All the signs pointed towards 'respect this lady or kiss your attempts at getting into these borders goodbye'. Maksim kept his position submissive but was doing his best to simultaneously show himself off as a strong wolf, to try and display himself to her in a good light. Despite this, he didn't want to come across as cocky and arrogant. Maksim saw those as ugly traits to have and he often tried to keep himself down to Earth. He usually failed at that, though, when it came to his temper. Best not mention that part to the alpha female, hm?

Ava asked him about what his skills were and Maksim cleared his throat a little. "I am good with my teeth above all else, ma'am. I can fight for you, hunt for you, as well as watch your borders. Due to the fact you are expecting soon, I would make it my duty to keep trouble out of your land, to protect the pups and yourself at such a ... delicate time. I suppose that would make me fitting for either hunter or guardian, but I leave that judgement to you." He did not doubt the woman's ability to defend herself and her young - mothers were a force to be reckoned with when something threatened newborns - but he was led to believe that mothers dedicated much of their time to keeping pups warm and well fed. He wouldn't want her being distracted by such mundane tasks. Regardless, he hoped he had impressed her. "I offer you my complete loyalty." He had no other ties in this land, no one to whisper in his ear against anyone. The only wolf he had met, other than Ava, had been Itai and she hardly seemed the type of manipulate and twist words. Relic Lore would be fresh start, it seemed. His past would not haunt him here, not that Maksim was the kind of wolf to dwell on things like the past.

Whatever questions she had, Maksim would answer them. He wanted to prove himself more than useful.

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2013, 10:45 PM by Maksim.)

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
Ava kept a watchful eye on his posture as he listed off his credentials, considering each factor. More bodies created more successful hunts and his physical fitness did not hurt either. Destin and Sibyl were dutiful wolves, especially the latter when it came to watching their borders, but a Guardian could serve them well. Kade had his post, of course, but as a Leader and a father both time would become especially limited. It was his last statement, however, that struck the chord of her favorite song and solidified her gaze on the man. Complete loyalty was, bar none, all Ava really demanded of anyone bearing their scent, to know that those who she allowed into their home would stick around for the long haul.

She nodded, accepting his proposition, and added with a delicate smile, "I'm pleased to hear it and more than happy to accept it, and you, as well." The honestly of her words rang clearly in her articulate tone, hoping that he would understand how fully she trusted in his word. "I only ask that you impress one more before I welcome you into our home." She grinned wryly as though to apologize for the long process of formalities, but she could not rule without her other half, the shadow stood not behind her but at her side. Then her muzzle tilted upward and in a slow, graceful crescendo she called forward her beloved @Kade, for Maksim to receive his stamp of approval as well. There was no urgency in her delicate song, only a happy beckoning.

Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
He always had been one to upkeep a stringent patrol along the borders, and with the recent turn of events his guard was only further raised. They were gone. Every last one of the Lyalls had left. It was something he hadn't seem coming, but he knew Borden had his reasons. Leadership had been heavy on his mind since Ava had resurfaced that night along the frozen banks of Bramble Falls; he decided then and there that he would give her what she deserved, what she had earned, and what he, too, desired, which was a home and pack of their own. Little did he know that their endeavor would begin like this. Now the lives of their children grew within her womb, he had all but inherited what remained of Grizzly Hollow, and questions still lingered in his mind concerning just how safe this old forest truly was.

It was this thought that crossed his mind just before Ava's song echoed through the wide trunks of the cedar trees. A most stoical stare roved over the wooded margin and the shallow hills that became marshland over the horizon. He would never forget the tragedy that had come to befall the life that he had known here. Could he ever forgive himself for failing Taima?

Swallowing down the mercurial emotion that he would never let any of them see, Kade turned his back on the treeline and raced to Ava, leaving his sorrows in the wake of his path.

It was not long before the leader crossed the uniquely aromatic scent she had been radiating, not far from the deep creek that cut through the western aspect of the territory, mingled with it an unknown male signature. Just ahead he could easily make out her rounded, ebony form, directly beside- one of the most mammoth wolves he'd ever seen in his life. Immediately he perfected the regal posture that came so naturally in Ava's presence, his piercing, silver eyes quickly glancing over the mammoth of a man as if one look from them could cut him down to size. A more manageable size, at least. "Ava-" he regarded his mate tenderly, a curious flicker within his gaze as he turned his attention to the stranger directly."I see you have made a friend..." His tone was as amiable as it was inquisitive he glided to her side.
table by mimi
(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2013, 04:59 AM by Kade.)
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Had he impressed her? Had the Baranski sold himself well enough? Maybe he'd said too much? Apparently - luckily - this was not the case as the dark alpha female smiled at Maksim which was a very good sign. She told him she'd happily accept him. Wonderful! The earthy male cracked a smile, a tug on his lips. It was an honour and he- "I only ask that you impress one more before I welcome you into our home." Oh? Perhaps he had sung himself praise too soon. Regardless, he nodded his head, guessing that Ava would call the alpha male over.

Her howl broke through the quiet of the hushed forest and Maksim scanned his eyes over the invisible border. He wondered, briefly, what this male would look like. It didn't take long before he found his answer, appearing from between the trees. He was black, much like Ava, but his stomach, throat and chin were silver, much like his eyes which were trained on both Maksim and Ava - well, mostly Maksim - as he approached. Strangely amusing that both alphas were dark as coal. Those pups in Ava's belly would probably be just as black the alpha pair.

Silver eyes met Ava's golden ones, briefly, and Maksim lowered his head again, opting to remain silent until the alpha male had finished speaking. A friend, a pack member, adopted family ... strangely, they were all similar and entailed many of the same things in Maksim's book. "My name is Maksim Baranski, sir. It is a pleasure to meet both you and Ava." Maksim watched as te black man stood beside his mate, his posture strong, head held high and proud. And rightly so! The giant, brown male had looked through the forest as he made his way towards the border. It was quite the territory; sheltered, yet spaced out trees. It seemed like a fine place to make a home and have a pack.

Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Quickie post

He was pleased that the male spoke right up for himself, offering a name and using Ava's as well. This Maksim oddly struck him as being more of a gentle giant than a lumbering brute, and honestly, he liked it. An easy presence was just what they all needed around these parts, and with the arrival of the children just around the bend, it would be reassuring to have an able bodied guardian among the ranks. He and Ava appeared to be comfortable enough in each others' presence, as well.

"The pleasure is mine," he returned, his features softening. Momentarily his pale eyes shifted to Ava, gauging her own degree of approval before returning to the newcomer. "It is your intention to stay?" he questioned smoothly, turning and tilting his broad head as if to get a better look at him.

table by mimi
(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2013, 08:02 PM by Kade.)
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Ava and her mate seemed relaxed enough in Maksim's presence so far, much like the Cedarwood Forest itself. The soft rustling of trees and distant chirps of birds made for quite a calm atmosphere. Maksim himself had to admit they seemed like quite laid back wolves but, at the same time, he had no idea how they ran their pack. They may be strict further in the borders, have a certain routine to doing things which, honestly, Maksim was hoping for. He didn't want to start slacking off, he wanted to jump right into the way things were done around here and prove he could do it right. That was the thing about him, he was good at picking up on things. That is often a good trait to have. He picked up on that.

The alpha's face softened somewhat and Maksim was relieved at his words. To have an alpha say that Maksim's company was a pleasure? If he were any other wolf, his jaw might have dropped open with shock. There was a crackle of glee in his head, a spark that rushed through briefly. No, he couldn't celebrate yet; there was still a chance the alpha male would turn him away. His ears twitched at the black male's question. "It is indeed my intention and hope to stay, sir. I can only ask if you and Ava would have me in your pack." His gaze shifted from the male, to Ava and then back to the male again. He would have to wait for their decision to be made. Well, mainly the male's; Ava had told Maksim she would be more than happy accepting him into the ranks.