503 Users Online
Bing, Google

welcome to the moment — Verdant Mosses 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Britannia who has 34 posts.
Inactive
Jericho Saturnin
For Kira :]

The silence of this place was overwhelming. In his lifetime Jericho had encountered many an odd place and he'd found quite a few age-old forests as well. Much like many of it's kind, the hugeness of the forest around him was dwarfing. It wasn't that the place was without any kind of sound as it was that everything was so big that he was insignificant in the face of it and the sounds of the forest around him were swallowed by the endless massive tree trunks and the twining moss covered roots that rippled through the earth.

In a way it felt like home. Winterheart Forest had been like this in a way, the quiet heart of the wood was still in a similar way though the trees and general plant life were quite different it still recalled his mind to that place and time, when he had been small and young – safe in the embrace of the forest beneath the watchful eyes of parents that loved him. That was a lifetime ago, nothing remained of those days except for the faded yellow-edged memories of them. He doubted that Winterheart had survived the disaster of smoke, heat, and burning rock that the valley had been doomed to when he'd fled it along side many of it's other residents.

After an hour or so of aimless wandering on game trails and alongside small water ways he eventually found an irresistibly sunny spot set high up on a sun-warmed mossy stone, set well above ground level. It took some unflattering scrabbling and hopping but he managed to eventually overcome the vantage point where he promptly sprawled lazily, soaking in the sun and stretching out confidently for a good quiet nap.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The small group of what seemed like misfits had officially embarked upon their newest suggested territory, Dragonfly Fen. It was a beautiful place that Anastasia immediately fell in love with, noting that it would be a lot safer to protect Shade’s children there. Perhaps what she had not expected to escape the mouth of one of the children (though she should have seen it coming) was the depiction of being called ‘Ma’. Anastasia had pictured herself as simply caring for the two youngsters so that they would survive to see lots more days as well as helping Shade carry the pack on his shoulders by being a lead, but they had not discussed anything regarding being ‘together’. Ana assumed that perhaps it was just easier for them to call her Ma for now, though eventually… they would need to know that she would simply be Ana.

For a change, Ana was out of the Fen attempting to grab some sun just as Jericho was. It wasn’t too often that she was able to stretch her legs and welcome the nice summer air so she would consume as much of it as she could. Just up ahead she could see a nice opening where she could lay her legs out and just stretch. The sun already beating on her back she was anxious to lay down and rest. Traveling and then switching back to caring for Karpos and Adsila was absolutely draining.

Just a few minutes passed as she neared her sighting did she notice that someone had taken her position amongst her chosen placement. Ana wasn’t necessarily one to bug another to move or be irritated with another, so she simply chose to walk passed him in hopes of finding another place. As she moved passed him she denoted scent—loner—as well as the black fur that adorned him. It was solid in color, much like hers was a solid white and in addition to the jet black fur she could very vaguely make out a few scars lingering around the shoulder area but that might just be the catch of the light. That or she simply had to look too fast to actually take note of slight scar damage on a stranger. She knew not too stare too long, it would be rude but as he was close to home (and a very friendly creature at that), she couldn’t help but be cautious and curious.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive
Jericho Saturnin

It was the muted sound of claws scraping across moss-covered stone that alerted him to the very close presence of another. Abruptly he went from slow slumbering breathing expanding and contracting in his chest, otherwise still in the golden curtain of light as he sprawled – colorless and inky dark – on the vividly green carpet of moss beneath him, to half-sitting up. Intensity touched his pale blue eyes as he turned abruptly, not rising completely to stare mutely at the wolf that just so happened to be crossing paths with him.

From what he could tell, his groggy mind still clearing sleep and sun induced stupor, she had simply been passing him by without any intention of sneaking up on him. Her stance was neutral and she was poised to carry herself beyond him without stopping. It seemed sheer coincidence that they had ended up in the same place at the same time. Wordlessly he shuffled into a more upright position, muttering a soft sound of complaint in the back of his throat as the ever-aching muscles in his maimed shoulder defied him.

Instead of marring the silence between them with words he instead looked in her direction, though he kept his gaze somewhat indirect – never focusing on her too heavily for long. No need to insult by staring. Caught up in curiosity he canted his head ever so slightly to the right, querying wordlessly at her reason for being here; though this informal sign language could easily have been lost on her. After all, they were strangers – there was nothing shared between them.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Perhaps it was within time that she realized that her continued stroll likely was no soundless, she was a light-stepper but probably not entirely silent. After all she had not wished to interrupt his sun bathing or bother him as he had seemed so comfortable, so looking for another acceptable spot seemed only fair. Though the noises that she had made seemed to have stirred him just enough to urge him to sit up-right and direct his attention towards her. Fine-tipped ears turned towards him and she heard a faint nose escape him but it was entirely incoherent to her. It was just a noise, one that likely wasn’t directed at her since she had not heard (unless he mumbled angrily).

The tilt of his head urged a tilt of her own as well as a smile, though the question had stake was not lost on her. She understood body language in all shapes and sizes, his was no different. “Hi,” she answered as she badgered her shy personality to not interfere with this conversation that likely could be awkward, “I guess, uh, you and I had the same idea—enjoy the warm sunny weather while its here.”

Though they shared the same idea of productivity it was likely for different reasons. He was a loner, assuming that he likely traveled alone he could have traveled for a long time and was taking a rest amongst the warmth. He could likely be traveling in a small pack like hers, waiting to settle here (or nearby?) or maybe just passing through. The only way to get answers was to be friendly and Ana could certainly be a friend to all.

Inactive
Jericho Saturnin

The small pale wolf seemed comfortable and friendly enough – there was no apparent hostility in her movements and she kept a respectful distance from him. Overall he couldn't see any reason to have a conflict with her and while this eased his mind somewhat, it did not mean he relaxed completely. The smile she offered him seemed a little hesitant – perhaps she herself was considering the same paths of possibilities in their near future. Did she wonder if he was dangerous? Did she weigh the outcome of their meeting carefully? When she spoke she gave no indication of what her feelings on the subject were, instead she chose to offer him a sort of round-about explanation for her presence here.

It seemed he had been right, in a way, she was simply passing through – though, from her words she had been clearly seeking a place to rest and catch some rays. He himself had simply been wandering aimlessly and had discovered this place by accident and had given in to the allure of a warm sunny nap. He wondered if she had come seeking this place directly or if she'd simply seen it from a distance as he had and had come to claim a spot here, unaware of his presence. To her words he gave one small nod of agreement, “A nap seemed like a good idea when I stumbled upon this place.” He replied in the simple, even way he tended to favor. Almost as an afterthought (though it very much wasn't so, he'd considered this carefully before speaking) he added, “There is enough room for two if you wish to stay.”

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Anastasia had never been a hasty woman filled with negative or painful thoughts, she saw the best in everyone regardless of appearance and first impressions. This was a very prominent flaw usually, especially when it came to judging someone’s character and ultimately wrapping herself into a terrible situation. Any danger she saw was simply a wolf’s personality being a little different than her own, they were themselves and she likely wouldn’t ever tell them to change or fear them. It just wasn’t her style—gullible and clueless.

The wolf she saw before her didn’t look menacing at all, he was quite attractive and by the looks of it he seemed like he might be a friendly wolf to know. Anastasia saw this in most her encounters, but every interaction always felt unique. It was how she had met Lachesis and she owed a lot to that young boy. Eventually the male nodded towards her, agreeing that nap was an ample use of time given the sunny weather. It was perhaps his offer to share the space that brightened her smile, feeling as though they had made that step from stranger to acquaintance without hindrance.

“That sounds lovely—thank you,” and without really stopping to consider if he meant to share the territory or the sun-warmed mossy stone she settled for the latter. Ana bowed to him and made her way to sit beside him, then lowered herself to her stomach in glee. Yes, this spot was definitely the choice position for sun-bathing. The two of them had chosen well. “I’m Anastasia, by the way.” If they were going to share a stone and be acquaintances, names might be worthwhile.

Inactive
Jericho Saturnin

In a way she reminded him of Hush – perhaps not as quiet, of course – but apparently sunny and friendly in nature (and of course the pale color of her coat put emphasis on the similarities between them). At his invitation her smile brightened a smidgen and she accepted his invitation to join him with obvious pleasure stating her thanks and stretching onto her belly on the sun-warmed stone. He himself merely watched her quietly, he wasn't wary, not exactly, but he was alert. Unlike her he did not always believe in the best possible nature of the strangers he met at random out on the road.

At her introduction he was surprised to realize they'd been talking and he hadn't thought to introduce himself. "Jericho.” He replied in his typical simple way – as few words as possible, though he was not without expression within the limited scope of his spoken communication for his voice held a hint of friendliness. He didn't include his surname and he wasn't sure why: perhaps because it was probably next to meaningless here or maybe because she hadn't included hers – he didn't waste too much time thinking about it.

Instead he glanced toward her, querying. "Are you from around here?” Even though he was at ease enough to lounge at his new acquaintance’s side he certainly wouldn't have been comfortable napping in her presence – that was simply too much strain on his practical nature. Since he wouldn't be snoozing he figured he might as well try to learn a little bit about his temporary (or possibly permanent) place of residence.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Ana had never met someone similar to herself with the bright and sunny disposition. She had always offered kindness to those she might regardless of appearance or personality. Judgment was never necessary. Anyone could be anything, but you had to trust in them first before you could make a judgment. No one here had yet to rub her the wrong way or make her lose her trust, so she had to believe that there was mostly good in the world. The only wolves she had ever met that she wished she had never met were those she had been born and made to know. Those folks she could have done without.

Sometimes in the midst of conversation a name was the last thing one thought about. Especially when they talked as though they had already met, it was simply a forgotten step. An easily forgotten one, at that. Anastasia smiled when he introduced himself, not really expecting him to elaborate on his name by explaining what it meant or why he hadn’t included a surname. They weren’t very important unless you came from a long line of family that everyone would know—her family was not important and she hoped that they never would be.

“I am,” she offered with a smile as she allowed her tongue to remove itself from her mouth to lick at her nose, “I live in Dragonfly Fen. I’m helping a friend put together a pack and that’s where I am most of the time.” It was a pleasure to be helping Shade out with the children and to her, she understood that her future position of Alpha Female was only temporary as she was no mate to him nor had she any experience in leading. Eventually, she would step down and allow Shade and whomever else to take over her position. “You don’t smell of a pack but are you looking into one? I can help you choose, if that’s what you’re looking for.”

Inactive
Jericho Saturnin

Readily enough she admitted that she was from the area, providing him with the name of the place she was currently occupying – unabashed he admitted, “I don't know the names of all the places here yet.” Dragonfly Fen was a place he'd set foot in before though he was unaware of the fact. He also would have been surprised to hear that the boy he'd stumbled across there deep in the reaches of night happened to be one of Anastasia's charges. Not knowing any of this he did not comment further – wondering if she might give him some identifying features of the place she lived so that he might place the name on the actual location. He didn't ask, not from a lack of desire for the knowledge but simply because it wasn't polite to press a near-stranger for information on where they lived. He felt certain she'd share what she felt comfortable talking about.

At her comment on his packlessness he gave a slow shrug of his shoulders, thinking over her question before answering her honestly, “I don't really know what I'm looking for.” This was something he'd thought to himself time and time again – unable to decide for himself what he wanted for himself. “It can't hurt to know about the packs here, though, if you're willing to share.” This was true, he would be happy to have whatever information she wanted to give him about the locals. It wasn't out of the question that he and Hush could join a local pack if they located one that fit their needs. However, they did well enough on their own that he didn't feel any true obligation to join a pack. They were fitted with the unusual leisure of not actually needing to be a part of anything, the lack of desperation would make it easier to find a better fit for the both of them.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Ah, so he was still relatively new to the area and thus didn’t know the territory names. Anastasia could help him with some of that, she didn’t mind. There were a lot of names to know and perhaps it might help him travel a little easier. “Ah,” she answered with a polite smile, “well. We are currently resting within Verdant Mosses. Northeast of here is Dragonfly Fen, which is where my pack is located.” Secretly, she wondered if by advertising her pack he might be a little curious and come to see it. Not just because new members would be a good idea, but because she wanted to share her little group with him. He seemed nice, maybe a little quiet, and it might help him decide where to go.

Jericho didn’t seem to know what it was he was looking for which could mean a lot of things. Either he didn’t know what he was looking for in Relic Lore or simply didn’t know what he was looking for in a pack. Anastasia could help with that and it seemed Jericho was open to it. “Of course!” she would love to share her knowledge with him. She knew how tedious it was to look for a pack that you really felt you might be happy and compatible with. Sometimes it was hard finding them, and sometimes it just came.

“Willow Ridge is just Northeast of the Heights that are to our West,” she motioned with muzzle in the direction, “it’s led by a wolf named Elettra.” Though she had never met the leader, she did meet another of its wolves that she hadn’t particularly bonded with in the short amount of time. So, that had obviously not been her choice. “Then way up north is a pack called the Secret Woodlands. The alpha is a very friendly one-eyed female named Nina Reinier. I don’t know about the Ridge, but in the Woodlands Nina said that they were all pretty close to one another and took those that are loyal and committed to the pack. So, they’re worth a look.”

If it hadn’t been for Reaper’s interest in her as well as her mission to join Shade’s pack, the Woodlands would have been her main choice. Unfortunately, her decision had already been made up and she wasn’t going to back out on them now. “Next to Willow Ridge is Whisper Caverns then there is Poison Path somewhere near the Mountains. I’m afraid those are the only four I know of but I’m sure there are more.” There were plenty of packs that any lone wolf could choose from but it also was more of a challenge to see where you fit best.