(See All?) Announcements
634 Users Online
Google, Bing

Awakening — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tokio who has 9 posts.

If the text is hard to read let me know and I'll try to find a better color to use. <3

The morning was overcast, bright green irises turned up to the sky, muzzle lifted, black, leathery nostrils flaring to inhale the almost sweet scent of the wildflowers that dominated the little hill he lingered near. There was a muggy breeze to the air, that hinted, perhaps, at a coming rain storm. Whether it actually rained or not was to be determined, mother nature had a way of being fickle, Sveinx knew, but it was cool and the air smelled clean. The almost crisp scent he’d came to associate with rainfall. Sveinx wasn’t half as good at predicting the weather as his father had been. Aether had a knack for understanding the heavens. He could read the stars, predict the weather with fairly good accuracy. It was not a talent that Sveinx had inherited, it would seem. The stars were beautiful, unmistakably, small pinpoints of light he enjoyed looking at every now and then, but that was all they were to him. Pinpoints of celestial light. There was no hidden messages to be found in them, no constellations he could make sense of. He could not even bring himself to believe in Aether’s own Gods. Sveinx was amused by the stories his father would tell them at night, yet, they remained imaginary to him. He could not breathe life into these fantastic figures his father talked so passionately about. Until he met one of these so called “gods” Sveinx remained rather skeptical of their existence. Such had never been spoken to the head of the DiSarinno family (in Seahawk, at least), out of certain love and respect for his father, admitted only, in the softest of secrets to his mother.

Shake of head was given as a soft, half-hearted breeze picked up, skimming across his face and teasing the white guard hairs along his spine. Train of thought was broken and eyes turned down to the earth, away from the monotone colored clouds that lingered, heavy and pressing in the sky. The gentle swaying of the vividly colored wildflowers, scent heady after spending so much time in the Rise, reminded him, morbidly, of an open wound. The sway of the reds and orange flower heads reminded him of the pulse of blood. Snort left his lips as he shook his head again, dispelling those thoughts, pushing himself forward, attempting to find a path, if there was such a thing, through the wildflowers to reach the top of the hill they seemed to infect.

Code by: Sleepyglow.net & Image by: CherryTree
Accepting thread/spree requests! PM me for one.

graphics by: Kydnt <3
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The flowers were once more their exuberant red color. Narimé had enjoyed hunting in the rise last Spring season and had wanted to come out for some time to see the savagely beautiful landscape once more. The young woman knew that she had been a little over protective of her litter for the past month now, and for once had decided to let her subordinates watch the pups. It was a good chance to keep her hunting skills intact as Nari had been stuck in a den ill for quite some time. Fresh air would do her good.

Right now the silver wolf was enjoying that ever so fresh air tainted by the sweet scent of flowers. Though the woman paused in her tracking as she slowly realized how humid the air was. Clouds were forming in the distance causing the she wolf to curse under her breath. Of course I won't get a chance to hunt. My luck would be that way. She swung her head towards the ground her dark nose twitching at the smell of deer. At least I know where they are headed. I can tell the others when I get back. Narimé thought quietly then rolled her shoulder preparing herself for the trip back. Her territory wasn't too far away and by turning back now the silver she wolf would be able to travel slowly and comfortably towards Hush Meadow.

As Nari turned and began padding away through the flowers her head was brought up abruptly as a hummingbird whizzed not an inch away from her face. The small buzzing bird whipped around and sped off towards the next largest clump of flowers with Nari's blue gaze traveling after it.

Taking that moment to look around the young mother happened to look up the hill to her left. A pale bluish gaze settled upon the head and shoulders of another wolf that was cresting the hill. His white coat mesmerized the she wolf for a moment along with the strangers large frame. For a moment she thought of Sibo her father then blinked away the memory. No, this is someone else. Not sure who though. her nose twitched trying to get a read on the other wolfs scent, but unfortunately the wind was blowing towards the stranger. Keeping a wary gaze on the hill climber Nari gave him a quick "woof" to announce her presence below.

"Hello there!" She paused waiting a response from the wolf clad in white.