955 Users Online
Caiaphas, Google, Magg, Bing

Only for the winter — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
(Ooc: After meeting Anouke and Coal ^^)

Winter was coming. It was rearing its ugly head and breathing its cold breath over the land, chasing some animals into a long sleep while others were driven to cache food to ensure survival for winter. It also drove lone wolves to find a pack in order to last the chilling frost. It was something that didn't sit well with Neoma but if she wished to form her pack, then not only would it require more wolves but to wait for a warmer season.

So here she was, at the borders of some pack that she had chosen as her winter home. It didn’t matter to her that she was simply using the pack for her own gain but it was necessary. She also knew that in order to gain their trust, she would have to be trusting and kind. Or at least, act like such. Lifting her head, Neoma called for the leader or whoever was near to speak with them about joining the pack. Lowering her head once she had finished, Neoma had to wait for their arrival. There was no nervousness in her as she waited and there was no doubt in her mind that the leader would reject her. Despite her dominate nature, she could follow orders and do them well.

So with her head held high as she waited, ready to greet whoever came to her, Neoma already knew her mind in what she would have to answer any questions asked of her. She was a scout, she had broken away from her old pack in order to find herself and that was all that was needed to know about her.

Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver had been walking borders lately. Marking them heavily so loners knew not to intrude. Though with her luck Silver smelt a Loner very close to the borders. As the loner let out a call Silver was there in seconds. Tail curled over her back she cast a judging gaze at the woman "Im sure we both know why you are here, but if I am mistaken, why are you here at my borders?" holding herself in a very dominate position se awaited the woman's answer. Of course she knew what the reply would be. The simple one where this lone wolf asked for a spot in the ranks of The Trail.

Wondering if she should go ahead and let out a call for Ace, though it seemed the smarter choice would to be let the rouge speak before calling @Ace. Silver twitched her ears before letting them point towards pale yellow eyed she-wolf. Taking in a slow deep breath she let the cold air build her chest up before letting it fall down. Though this didn't mean her whole ody relaxed. As her tail was still high and curled.

Forgetting to introduce herself Silver nodded before opening her jaws to speak "Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Silver Shadow. This is the borders of Pitch Pine Trail. I am sure my mate Ace will be her soon to see how fitting you could be for our home. As we all work hard and pull our weight." her golden eyes sent a stone cold stare at the woman before her. Something was off about this.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
It wasn't long before a wolf heard her call and within a minute, a dark figure emerged from the land and was staring at her with judging eyes, asking why she was here though she already knew why. But instead of pointing out why she was bothering to ask if she already knew, Neoma held back. After she introduced herself, it sounded as if Silver could be the Alpha female and if was the case, she would be following the orders from her. Smiling, as she showed submission to this female, she explained why she was here. "I am Neoma Flint. I wish to join your pack, if you have the room. “

Her body was low to the ground and with her eyes averted, Neoma waited for Silver's reply. She hoped that she was accepted. She did not want to travel in order to find another pack that would accept her. In my old pack, I was a scout and I'm willing to do whatever to help the pack if I am accepted." She added, inwardly fighting against her nature to stand back up and stare into the eyes of the wolf before her. She needed to be a part of a pack to survive through winter. If she did anything to ruin this opportunity, then it could be days or even weeks before she came across another pack that would accept her and that was time she didn’t have. It could be possible for her to survive the winter but she had a better chance in a pack then on her own.

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
Extremely sorry for the long wait! :c
@Silver and @Neoma

Winter was fast approaching, -with it came freezing frosts and cold nights- and that meant most lone wolves would attempt to get into a pack before the cruel cold truly set in. That was why he had patrolled the borders more frequently, especially since there was a prince and princess in the pack. He would do anything to keep the lifeline of the Slayers and Pitch Pine Trail alive. They had no mother, and their father was dead. All they had left was the members of their pack.

Padding at a slow, leisurely pace, The Pitch Pine Leader marked the borderline every twenty feet or so, to make sure that any lone wolves that came across the border, there would be no way of them not noticing that a pack lived in the area. He didn’t want them in his territory, and if they were, they had better have a good reason for it.

The cold chilled him to the bone, but he kept moving forward. He always completed a border patrol, and never returned until he was satisfied that it was finished properly. It was his duty to serve the pack, protect and look after each member as if they were family, which they all were. The Pitch Pine Leader suddenly stopped and pricked his ears as a howl sounded out, breaking the silence that enveloped the Fen. It was from an unknown wolf, warning them that a stranger was near their border, but not with ill intent. Immediately Ace started to pad in his direction. No call ever went unanswered, and he wouldn’t start now.

The Pitch Pine Leader quickly came upon two wolves; one familiar and one unknown. He stopped next to Silver and nudged his muzzle gently against her dark shoulder, before turning his silver gaze on the stranger. She was dark brown –almost black- wolf with confident, pale yellow eyes. Her body was held low to the ground in submission and her eyes were averted from reaching their own eyes.

His head raised up as he looked down upon the black fae as his tail lifted and curled slightly over his back. “I’m sure that my mate has asked you why you are here, and what we expect in a pack mate, but what I want to know is what you can give to the pack to the best of your abilities.”

397 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
OOOC: I'm sorry for such a short short post. I couldn't find the muse for this. ;-;

It didn't surprise Neoma when another wolf, a male this time, arrived. It was clear he was the mate Silver had spoken of. When he asked what skills she could be bringing to the pack, her mind picked through her thoughts on what her skills were and what she could say to please the pair in front of her.

<b style="color:#1c6e13;">"I've trained as a scout from a young age," She calmly replied, still showing her submission to the pair as she spoke. <b style="color:#1c6e13;"> "I can help recruit others to the pack. I'm fast and have plenty of stamina so I can cover a fairly large range. I am also able assist with hunts if need be." Of course, she preferred to be scouting because under the guise of scouting for the pack, she could also find more wolves that could also join her pack later on. Of course, it did occur to her that if she played it that way, she would be making enemies of everyone in this pack and any possible allies of the pack.

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: vivstock @ DA, BrokenWing3dStock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

Inactive Deceased
Silver
Let me stayWhere the wind will whisper to me...Where the raindrops, as they’re falling, tell a story

Silver almost wanted to laugh at the woman. Holding it back she glared upon the woman. "I have already spoke about scout to one of our other woman. Though we are in need of a hunter. Of course we wont grant you the role right away, you have to work and prove yourself." Her words rolled of her silver tongue. Giving Ace a mere glance she allowed him room to speak if he so desired.

Having nothing else to say to the she-wolf who looked for a home Silver stepped back and slowly sat down. She kept alert even while she seemed relax. If something went wrong she would be able to move within seconds. All she really did was seemingly stare at the dark individual talking to her and Ace. Truly she excepted some type of Falderal to come from this home seeker. But she had yet seen any of the such, which was a good thing. It meant she could be business and not fool around.

As she sat thinking to herself she decided she did have something else to say. So Silver pushed herself up and forward standing over the woman. Ace had not even fazed her as she walked past him to stand over the submissive wolf "I swear, that if your are slacking or cause any harm to the wolves that live here, I will personally chase you off our lands." a slight growl came from the end of it to make the she-wolf took note on how serious she was.

Words: 283 || Tags: @Ace and @Neoma || Notes: Sorry for the delay :(
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Wondering when she would be allowed to stand, Neoma bit her tounge at the mention of another scout within the pack and that it seemed her role would be pushed to that of a hunter. There was no room for error in this discussion and if she wished for a place within the pack, she would have to tread lightly.

<b style="color:#1c6e13;">"I assure you my skills are better suited as a scout rather than a hunter. However, as you say, I will have to prove myself first." Neoma replied as Silver seemed to back off for now yet something else must have entered her mind because she spoke up again. With her jaw set, Neoma lifted herself to her paws but kept a submissive slouch with her tail down and ears back.<b style="color:#1c6e13;">“I would never dream of such a thing. I may not be part of it yet but I promise you both, if you allow me into this pack, I will not let you down. Being part of a pack means helping and protecting each other, not lounging around and causing unrest amongst its ranks.” Her words were spoken with conviction and truth, which rang true to the part of the dark wolf who wished to begin her own pack one day.

She might like causing mischief and disregard those that were beneath her but those who got past her high expectations and gained her trust would learn how fiercely loyal the dark fae could be. And also how ferocious she could turn if that same trust was broken.

Table by PuppyThief

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
So sorry for the delay! School got the best of me :c
@Neoma and @Silver

When the dark brown fae replied calmly back that she had been trained as a scout from a young age, his brows furrowed slightly. There was Capella, and now Neoma, who would both be good for the roles of Scout and Hunter. The problem was that he had no idea which of them would be better at one than the other. But, the problem would only surface if the dark brown fae was accepted into the pack, and he had yet to judge if she would be suitable to live with them.

His creamy head nodded slightly as the dark brown fae continued to speak. It was true that they need more members, as they had few loyal wolves left. While he stood there, contemplating her words, his grey ears picked up the voice of his mate, telling the dark brown fae that the role she sought out may already be claimed for, and that she would have to work to earn it. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, she would make a great alpha one day.

There was a few moments of silence, before his Silver Angel stood up and almost stood over the submissive dark brown fae, her words ringing with seriousness. When the stranger spoke up, his silver eyes scanned over her, but he kept his jaws shut. It may seem strange to some that he would just stand there while Silver seemed to take over everything, but in fact, he was judging everything that the dark brown fae did. There was something mysterious about her, but he couldn’t quite place it.

The deafening silence dragged on, until Ace came to a decision, and walked forward the few paces that separated him from the two fae’s. “Should I choose to accept you into the ranks of Pitch Pine Trail, you will be expected to treat your pack mates as family, not to laze around, help each other, and most importantly, respect all those around you.” After his short speech, the Pitch Pine Leader stood there silently, radiating power and dominance as he stared at the dark brown fae with silver eyes. He would await her answer, and only then would he decide if she could join Pitch Pine Trail.

375 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2013, 09:14 AM by Ace.)
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint

Oh, this was going be fun for her. It had been a while since there had been wolves to try her skills on, not since the wolves she had meet before now. This was becoming too easy for her. They were nearly giving away the spot if her words and actions were careful enough. She nearly laughed when the male told her that she had to treat her packs mates as family and respect them. Of course she would give them respect and treat them as family. As far as they knew, she was a lone wolf who was seeking shelter for winter and hopefully would stay to boost their numbers past the colder months. If only they knew that once the colder months ended, they would no longer have her if she had what she needed.

<b style="color:#1c6e13;">"If you accept me into the pack, I promise I will treat the others within the pack with the utmost respect and care that they deserve. And I assure you, I won't be lazing about. It's not part of my nature to simply lay down and do nothing when there is something to do. Only when rest is needed should you catch me 'lazing about'." Neoma gave the male a small smile and and a wag of her tail as she finished speaking. Something told her that she might come to like this male, as a 'friend' and nothing more of course. No one would be her friend unless they proved themselves but in a pack, she would have to pretend to like others in order to make it anywhere. <b style="color:#1c6e13;">Speech

Table by PuppyThief

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2013, 11:23 AM by Neoma.)
Inactive Deceased
Silver
(@Ace and @Neoma sorry for holding this up, shall we wrap it up soon?)
She nodded at the woman. "Very well then, if you words are true then you are welcomed here." stepping back Silver allowed Ace to do his job, she would not turn her back until the wolf, Neoma, was accepted or ran off. Someday it would be her job to accept members, but for now she had to learn from Ace. Her mate would be teaching her everything she needed to know about being Alpha. It made her excited to know that everyday the position was closer to being hers.

Snapping back to reality, Silver waited for the other dark lady t speak if she had any last words or questions. She assumed she didn't (as they had gone over everything) so all she was waiting for was the Okay for her to join from Ace. This all was now in those twos paw. She had done her part and was content. Leaning against a stray tree her golden eyes watched the area, winter was slowly sinking in. This would be her first winter in The Lore. Surly early winter means more loners looking for a home within their pack. Though this didn't bother her, with the size of the pack shrinking Pitch Pine Trail needed more members. Even if it was just for the winter, extra set of paws would always be accepted, at least if they were respectful. The pack would take no lazy wolves or disrespectful wolves.