A chat among friends — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Thoughts are like burning stars and ideas
Whisper Caverns
They flood and stretch the universe

Ever since the meeting Namid had been antsy. She knew she needed to tell @Rook the news that had been delivered, it was highly important that he knew especially because of his constant travels to the Cedarwood forest. But that very bit was why she was so nervous. Guilt racked her body at the thought that she was partially the reason why they couldn’t go there anymore. She didn’t regret stopping to help Orren, the young pup from Cut Rock River, but she very much regretted the timing that it happened in. Perhaps if it hadn’t happened at all she would be feeling much better about it, but there wasn’t any changing the situation and she knew that.

Taking a deep breath she sat outside the den she’d foraged herself and waited for the young Lyall to meet her. She’d met him that morning just before he’d gone out for his patrols and asked him to meet her at her den when he was finished, telling him there was important news that she needed to share. She’d hoped she hadn’t sounded as nervous as she felt, but knowing Rook he had probably sensed it anyways. She had never been one that was good at hiding emotions, especially, she found, not from her companion. Her mismatched gaze darted here and there, waiting for the familiar pelt of his to show up. Taking a deep breath she tried to calm her nerves, I’m going to give myself a heart attack…

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
So it's here I stand, as a broken man, but I've
rook lyall
found my friend at the curtains of the waterfall

Rook had promised to be back soon and it was with luck that he had arrived back to Whisper Caverns as though he had not been gone for long at all. Fresh from the depths of the Cedarwood Forest, Rook unmistakably smelled of evergreen trees, musty old bark, and damp pine needles from all the running about in the rain. Once he had felt he had been away from both Namid and his sister, he started making his way towards where he had stumbled upon Namid's personal den. A turn around a particular tree, through a couple of dense shrubs (why he never bothered to go around them, he was never sure why...), and over a couple of buried boulder tops, and there it was. And, there she was...

His tail rose in joyous wag, eager to greet her with a customary bump of his nose to hers. She seemed tense, though, and as best as he could, he casually came up to her, a small woof replacing that of his usual, semi-affectionate gesture. Maybe if he gave her a bit of 'goofiness' - something, that was typically only reserved for those he knew very, very well - she would perk up. Maybe... He would give it a shot. A trill of his voice that sounded more like a cricket instead of a whine and a bark emitted from him and he bowed to her playfully.

"You'll never guess who I just ran into," he almost squeaked, the timbre of his maturing voice giving away his true age. "Guess... guess!" The more he beamed up into Namid's face, though, the more his excitement started to fade. He had completely overlooked whatever emotion had initially been there in her own mismatched eyes and, immediately, he silently scolded himself for being so insensitive. His tone had lowered now and he sat up properly with his ears held up and his head canted to one side to suggest that he was ready to listen. A little twitch of his own black-lined lips and, there is was, the "serious" side of Rook, that, upon first impression, could have been mistaken for his father. Gone was the cub who griped whenever his sister bit too hard or played too rough.

"Namid, what's wrong?"

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.