(See All?) Announcements
484 Users Online
Google, Bing

murmurs in the dark — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

A little less than two weeks had passed since the four wolves had arrived to the den in Cedarwood Forest and Borden, who had been confidently easing himself into the role of a leader was absolutely relieved that Jaysyek and Vlarindara were growing and learning to love the place he had claimed for them. The yearling Raigo, who had traveled along with them only to suddenly disappear the following morning, crossed his mind at a particularly odd hour in the night, causing him to stir in the darkness of the underground lair he called home. While he had started to sleep on a regular schedule now that he had two women in his life to badger him about his restless, insomnia-driven habits, he couldn’t help but to give in to the early morning that beckoned him outside. Edging slowly away from the warmth of his mate, he crept up the tunnel and began to leisurely walk along the river. The chill of winter still lingered in the air and after somewhat straining his eyes in the night, he realized that the looming clouds above him were still sending down a new layer of snow, one dainty snowflake at a time.

Careful to note where the edges of his markers indicated the borders of his pack’s terrain, his path traced around the trees until he broke away to continue following the bubbling stream. A few minutes of walking away from the familiar path led him to find a rather striking sight. Where he had expected the trees to continue along the opposite river bank, all sorts of rocks and boulders were strewn about the riverbed to form a breathtaking, albeit miniature, waterfall. The sun had yet to rise on the hidden landmark and he was some what determined to stay for those couple of hours and wait for the dawn. He cast his pale-eyed gaze about the area, certain that he was alone… for now.

Though he knew his mate would more than likely come looking for him, all he wanted was a breath of fresh air, to indulge in the tranquility that had once kept him company on his ledge on Mount Dire. He sat down at the edge of the water and released a contented sigh. Gazing up at the gray, starless sky as he listened to the babbling of the stream, half-oblivious to anything else.

Borden Lyall
you're not really looking . . .

Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

i hear you breathing in
another day begins.
the stars falling out.

Warmth wrapped round her like a cozy blanket, sleep pressing heavy on her eyes. She was between the real world and dreamland holding on to the last moments of fleeting images of little faces unknown. She tried to hold onto the pictures, look at them it was useless. Quietly she surrendered to her waking body. Paws brushed against the dirt floor, and she blinked trying to see infront of her nose. She was right where she'd fallen asleep, but something was missing. Borden had been early to rise again. Lifting head off her warm bed, ears swept upward, and she craned round the cozy dwelling. She couldn't tell who was there, and who wasn't. She was begining to feel like a bear in habernation. Very silently, she tiptoed out into the gray washed forest. Sitting on the edge of the noll, just outisde the opening. Small snowflakes started to adorn her coat. One yawn, than a second realeased briefly into the cold, crisp air. She took a great breath of the cedar and frosty aroma. This was home.

Sleepily her eyes drifted to the familiar setting. The only thing changed was the thin blacket of white. The sun would vanish it, it was pretty giving the ground a new look. Eyes wandered long the small trails that were becoming more prominant, and for a time she sat there letting her senses wake. All the while marveling at the towering timbers, with their thick trunks, and green, vibrant needles. She much liked waking to this view, the surrounding of the woods, like steadfast guardians to shelter them against the world.

Scampering down the incline, she arched her lithe form from head to tail. Bowing, and swaying, ridding the kinks out of her back. Mindfully she peered behind her, and next around trying to decide what way her love had chosen. Hmm, where could he be? She wasn't sure if he'd located a favorite spot, she started on a hunch heading toward the water. It was serene while she strolled long, taking in the details of fallen elder trees, and the pokey brush. Morning it was, dawn was not yet at hand. Puffing air in her cheeks, pressed it out turning head sideways into the forest. She saw no one, and the trickling water guided her feet.

Path was not really a path, it was leading her somewhere else. The scent of him alerted her she was near. She sharply looked and saw him silently sitting before a beautiful waterfall. Seeing him brought a smile to her lips. She owed so much to that man. Gray ears cupped forward she wandered to his side. Giving a brief smile before sitting, and too admiring the beautiful work of nature.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

A trace of her scent merged with the frosted air and it made his eyes widen for a moment. The surprise and shock, however, had turned into a sort of silent happiness as the white lady joined him and sat at his side. From the corner of his eye, he watched as she, too, began to marvel at the simple splendor that pinpointed Jasper Rocks’ location. He had to tear his eyes from her to keep himself from staring. A quiet sigh was released from his chest and nostrils, allowing nothing but the sound of the running water to occupy their ears.

Resting his gaze on the trees beyond the rocks and the river bank opposite of them, he smiled. “Pleasure seeing you here,” he said quietly. “I didn’t disturb you, did I?” He turned now to look at her, to gaze upon her affectionately. “I… just couldn’t sleep, so I figured I’d take a short walk.”

Tail sweeping across the snow, mud and small pebbles he loosely curled it to rest behind her. He sat up tall now in her presence, grateful that she had been the one to discover him (even though a small part of him had hoped it had been Raigo; after all, it had been the yearling that had brought him out of the pack den). Quietly, he shifted closer to her, as though the few inches that had been between them had been too great for him to stand. Just feeling her close seemed to make everything around him and in his mind stand still, like time had frozen just long enough for him to breathe – the worries of Vlarindara’s brother’s whereabouts, the situation between him and Alexander, Spring’s forthcoming tidings and largess, the pack borders’ security and other, more ridiculous, things merely disappeared just because she was there.

Borden Lyall

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

i hear you breathing in
another day begins.
the stars falling out.

"No, I'm just not ready to hibernate yet," quietly she answered while eyes lingered on the water complex. The pooling water was nice to lose herself in, swirling like nobody's business. In one second she met his eyes, a little hint of a smile to assure him. She wanted to be up and in the open much as she could right now. She had it in her head if she rested she was being lazy or something. Which wasn't the case, but until she started to suffer from a stronger fatigue she wanted to feel of use. Just enjoy the moment without more worry that would surely come.

Meekly gray ears twisted against her skull. "No signs of Raigo?" She murmed, a crease above her eyes disturbing her pretty face. The yearling hadn't returned and she was worried about the little fellow. Really anxious what detoured him. She knew Vlarindara was most likely seeking him now, and Jayse hoped he was found quick. She was trying not to imagine the worse, only pray for the best. Leaning carefully against his form once his tail brushed at her haunches. Gold and blue unmatched eyes shifted along his face, as if looking to find the little signs of wear this new role might be giving him. He appeared solid, she was glad he rid of the distance between them.

Heavy, and sad sigh rushed from her lips, while black nose brushed along the jut of his chin. She wasn't wanting to disturb his peace, and uttered soft appoligy. "Sorry love, I should be cheering you up." Maw tipped upward, and tongue stroked the tips of his ears, running down the contours of his face. A smile brushed the corner of her lips up, "I met Corinna Donata, she's the lead female of Swift River now, she remembered you," she murmured softly in his ear. She shifted ever slightly, watching the spilling water tumbling smoothly down the rocks. Maybe a change in conversation would help. She had a bit to share, but didn't want to rush it all down on him at once.

Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Listlessly shaking his head to confirm that Vlarindara’s brother had not been found, he swallowed. One of his ears twitched for a second but made no other movement afterwards; he didn’t hear anything out of the ordinary, it was just a gesture to show that he was listening after he had returned his gaze to the rippling water. He might have seemed alert to her, but underneath his mask, glossed over by a solemn veil, he was secretly distressing. He was glad, however, that she didn’t seem to have picked up on it. She apologized and he blinked after setting his eyes on the water’s edge.

Oh, it’s alright,” he assured her in a soft tone. He tried to smile, to prove to her visually that it was quite alright to mention the topic of Raigo’s absence. It was already given that Vlarindara was out looking for the yearling; Borden had absolutely no need to stress, but he did so anyway. His concern for the juvenile’s well-being and safety was one of the first paternal instincts to surface; and, the feeling, while comforting to realize that he had a portion of what it fully took to look after a family and pack, was slowly eating away at the corners of his mind. He figured he ought to get used to it.

Over his ears and the side of the face she could easily reach, she lapped at his fur in a successful attempt to console him. Inhaling, he sighed and turned to Jayse as she shared that she had met Corinna. Oh, he wanted to say. She then added that she was one of Swift River’s leaders. Oh… Oh! The male’s brows rose. Leader… he mused. Really now?”

Keenly interested in the shift of conversation, he gazed to his mate, his attention solely on her now rather than the river’s reflections and the splashing of fish. Corinna had remembered him, Jayse brought up; it then occurred to him that the two females could have brought up other things, namely recent happenings and assumptions. The last time he had seen the dark-coated female, the new year had only just begun. “How is she? Did… did she have anything interesting to share?”

Borden Lyall

(This post was last modified: Mar 20, 2011, 11:11 PM by Borden.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

i hear you breathing in
another day begins.
the stars falling out.

She knew the answer before it came. No. He only confirmed the fact was still true. "Ah." Teeth pinched the inside of her cheeks, and her snout was cast downward. She really didn't understand why Raigo had gone. Only he was, and she wanted so bad for Vlar to return home with her brother, safe beside the white female again. They'd look, they'd waited, and nothing. She didn't much like when things were out of her control. That was about everything, and she front paws shifted as if that help relieve the tiny irritation. The fact, or more hidden law of life couldn't be changed, and she'd have to live with it. Today just like yesterday and all the one's before.

She saw his smile, heard his words, but she knew he was just as if not more disturbed by Ragio's dissapearnce. Surely that was a part of him she knew, how worried and concerned he could be for everyone else. If she believed Borden to be anything it was caring. Though she had yet to really understand what had happened with the three wolves after the bear incedent. Again, it wasn't in anyone's power to change. They could only believe it'd be alrght. Though she was much sick of those words. Hearing them when things were definately not okay. She'd drop the issue, like him. Continueing to brood over it internally.

Out of the corner of her sight his expression changed a little, and she smiled a knowing smile. "She looks well, and we are friends now," tail beat gently against his she peered over to him, brows furrowed once she continued,"I plan to see her again, I was thinking maybe you should talk to them about becoming allies..." The alabaster female let the quiet rush in for a moment. Remembering the strange encounter with the bull moose. If he asked how they'd met she might share, right now why bother with the details? She'd come back wet, but unharmed. Thoughtfully she recollected the rest of her conversation. " I guess Indru Tainn is the leader of Swift River now. His brother Ruiko, the leader before, the one I met, left after they fought for leadership. She also said Ozera is a part of the pack, and doing okay......" Words went from happy to a more serious tone fading somberly. She glanced at him once during all this, but for most her face did not turn away from the waterfall. She gave him a sideways glance, her ears leaning back than brushing foward once more.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2011, 06:40 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

O O C | Btw, you and Jayse have just corrected/filled in Borden’s acquaintance list – since November, Borden has had no clue about Ruiko’s name or any recent happenings with SR. So thank you. <3

Observing now how she spoke, how her brows expressed her emotions and how she spaced her sentences, he listened to her reply. At least Corinna was doing well… and she was on good terms with Jayse also. Good to know… Borden nodded slowly, taking in her next comment about how she planned to meet up with Corinna once more. The ivory lady then suggested for him to discuss the possibility of an alliance between them: the wolves of the river. It brought back to Borden’s mind the memory of when the Swift River alpha came to the Mountain of Dire in search of water. Times were hard then and only then did he realize that the small flashback had been roughly a quarter of a year ago. Things had probably changed a whole lot since their encounter.

Of the things he briefly remembered, he remembered the Swift River “pups” who had nearly gone thirsty and how the tawny leader solemnly and civilly requested for Borden’s cooperation. Jayse’s proposal was something he ought to consider; while he was sure he would keep his pack strong and prepared for mostly anything, allies were not such a bad idea to have. The masked male’s eyes drifted toward the water for a moment before darting back to Jayse when she began to speak again. She enlightened him; her words filled in the gaps of his memory with what it had lacked. Names. First there was Indru Tainn, the leader and presumably Corinna’s mate. Then Ruiko Tainn, his brother, who had been the leader of Swift River before him. The wolf he had met on that chilly November afternoon was Ruiko... It somehow just had to be.

He wondered now how he was doing, if the pups under his care survived the drought and where he had gone if he had lost his pack to his brother. “She also said Ozera is apart of the pack and doing okay…” Jayse added. Borden’s ears rose and his tail gave a small wag. “Wonderful,” he cooed, feeling some of the weight on his shoulders fall away as his prescience of the wolf’s fate had proven to be right. The ex-member of Midnight Plateau had indeed found a place to rest and recover as well as others to look after her following the accident. “That’s… That’s wonderful. See?” He gave her a tickled smile now, brushing his nose gently against her temple. “Everything’s alright with her, there was no need to worry about Ozera… No need at all.”

Borden Lyall

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; glad to help, :) excuse jayse um in advance here. didn't think it end like that. just seemed how she'd deal with it in the moment. most likely she'll go cool down- he can pursue her or you can feel free to end it.

i hear you breathing in
another day begins.
the stars falling out.

Bord was rather quiet in all this, taking it in she supposed. She figured he knew more about Swift River then she, but he was drinking it all in just like she had. She tried to decide what he might be getting from it all. She wasn't sure, she was never sure what went behind the dark mask of the Lyall. Only guessing, playing off intution, and physical expression.She was getting better at reading him, but he always had a few tricks she didn't know about so to speak. The news of Ozera did delight him. That much was certain, and she had been that way too. But, as there always is -there was something missing. The real peace she had expected to come. The wolf felt dreadful when thinking of it all, even after the news. It didn't erase things. Didn't erase the remorse she had, and the want to fully say her sorries to the lady.

Jayse tried to force a smile at his touch, at those words. Internally they clicked against some stack of straws, close to being the last she could take. No need to worry? Ears pinned against her skull, and quietly she sucked in a tight breath. Somehow she made sure she felt that air, the air in her throat, in her mouth, and in her chest all trapped. She tried to count, but she kept rolling one, two over and over. There was a burning warm seering down her spine, she was trying not to let it overide her.

Head hurt, and she had to exhale and steal another breath. It was expelled shortly too. "No-nee-d -to- wor-ee?" she delicately pronounced each syllabel. Turmoil erupted beneath her white facade, and she stared at him blown away. All her efforts, energy had been a waste. "Why? Because I didn't kill her? Because no one missed her too even look for her, but me?" Grumbled unaudible curses in her next breath standing up now out of his reach. Unknowling there was a standing ridge of white along her spine, and she sternly met his gaze cutting off any reply. "What if I had fallen, Borden? Would you not had to worry? Would you just assumed I'd be alright?" There was growls wanted to rumble she controlled them from being unleashed.

Maybe she'd reach her breaking point. Maybe she was moody from inflight of hormones. Or maybe she was just sick of that dumb word. Sick of everyone acting like they could put a healing stick on it, and it'd be okay. It wasn't. "Just because she's okay that doesn't make things alright. She still got very hurt because of me. Who knows what I might have ruined for her. Maybe you and everyone else can take it lightly, but I can't. Forgive me for not easily dusting it off my shoulder." She was entirely winded when she finished, so she was huffing and puffing. She couldn't bare to look at him any longer, and turned round stalking off into the brush, low growls vibrating her throat.

(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2011, 03:41 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

O O C | That was actually really good. @_@ Finally! Someone can put Borden in his place. <3 I… wanted to end it with him lying there, but… I grew curious to see what’d happen if he followed.

Caught in his chest and throat, his breath was held captive as Jayse mocked his words, questioning him in return. One query after another, they challenged him to think, to consider some other reality. “What if I had fallen, Borden?” she tested, tearing herself from his side. “Would you just assume I’d be alright?” He opened his mouth to share his view on the matter but she was quick to continue. Instead of jabbering to make her stop, he inhaled another breath, trapping it in his lungs while she talked.

Unsure of what to do or say when she was through, he stood and watched as she stormed off. A rush of emotions ran through him. Firstly, shock. Jayse had brought to his attention that if he had known of what had happened, he should have investigated into the situation more. Then came woe; Ozera’s fall was not a simple tumble, it was a plunge. Borden had considered that she might have been injured terribly, but he hadn’t given any thought to the height from which she had fallen. His gaze went to the river bank and his face creased in distress. He should have cared more… He should have backed her up on whatever she had believed rather than cover it up.

Then, anger. His eyes narrowed and he furiously swiped at the water’s edge. How dare she test him… Stray snarls and growls rose into the morning air in wisps as he batted bits of mud and pebbles into the river. “What if I had fallen, Borden?” her question repeated over and over in his ears. “What if I had fallen…” His eyes closed and he eventually stood still for a moment to steady himself elbow-deep in the water. Finally, he exhaled wearily, his ears and tail drooping downward in defeat. The new perspective she had given him made his chest tighten as his nerves began to numb from the icy water. If Jayse had fallen, he wasn’t sure what he would have done at first, but he would have gone looking for her. Even if she hadn’t turned up at a particular place he would have worried. It was his ignorance, lack of understanding and heart in the matter, and ultimately his lack of information of the incident that made him react the way he did. Whether Jayse had known that or not, he wasn’t sure, but, for now, he’d remain here. Stepping out of the stream and laying flat against the ground, he felt the cold bite at his skin. He would shake the water from his coat eventually but not yet, not while he pondered these things over and his beloved was out in the woods, angered by him.

Seconds slowly turned into minutes and only after two of them had passed, Borden got up and shook out his pelt. This was ridiculous. He darted in the direction she had taken back into the woods. “Jaysyek, wait!” he called after her. He lowered his nose to the bed of pine needles and followed it for a while until he lost her completely. She couldn’t have gone too far but, in his desperation, he had taken a wrong turn somewhere and resorted to crying out for her to appear again. “I’m sorry! I didn’t… I didn’t know…”

Borden Lyall

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; okay i figured they both hold stuff into much it was bound to happen.lol :)

i hear you breathing in
another day begins.
the stars falling out.

She felt so riled up, so ready to rip into anyone or anything that crossed her. Let's see someone pop up and defile me now. She couldn't even see straight, vision seemed unclear and she though somewhere the light in the distance was coming it appeared rather gray in her eyes. He hadn't said anything, he just stood there! She supposed she had been surprised by the outburst herself. It didn't push her anger away. She wasn't exagerating things or imagning the worse. If one thing Jayse had a decent perspective, outlook on the world she knew reality and she knew fiction. This wasn't her being some silly girl flitting over some silly thing. Jayse had never been a goofy, giggling thing, that told stories stretching the truth and manipulating others to feel sorry for her. Her real life was screwed up enough. She could have killed Ozera! This was what fueled the fire, and what no one seemed to get. Yes, thank heaven she hadn't killed her but almost wasn't that much better. No one could tell her how she should feel! How many wolves could go ya I am killed somebody once. Grrhh

What felt like a stone for her heart hurt and burned. Almost like she had sucked in water, and was drowning with this huge ache. "Damn him, he thinks it's alright. Alright my ass," she muttered through clenched teeth. She walked further with stomping, hard steps. She would surely hurt someone like this, and the young members of the hollow were to innocent for that. And as for Borden well part of her wanted to dig into him, release a lot of pent up stuff. Some could have been his fault and the rest not. And the other part of her would scold herselffor it, and she'd have that guilt to live with too.

She ignored the whole terrain she'd stepped away from, having a blind eye and deaf ear. She needed to get away for a second. Her anger may be fugacious. It was clear she would have to think about this mess on her own. Get a hold of this. She should have predicted this. She could hear his calls, she was pretending she could not hear for the moment. She drove herself further until she was met with an open site of grass, small growing of trees, and a strand of flowers. The wolf froze to the spot beholding her new discovery. She stood there four minutes, just staring, when she let out a rough sigh, and called over her shoulder , 'Over here Bord!"

(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2011, 05:20 PM by Jaysyek.)