(See All?) Announcements
724 Users Online
Bing, Google

At Odds — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Borden -because Nari's supposed to be looking after him and @Rory because well... The same reason as Borden I suppose.
I want them to meet each other! I don't know why but I feel like if Borden was staying with the cavern wolves he would have met Rory at some point. So here's a random thread! Sorry if this is a bit of a surprise for you guys. Feel free to skip Narime and thread with each other if you want. I won't be on till tomorrow most likely.

Narime walked towards the entrance of her spacious den. The caves were still the same temperature within the tunnels as they had been during summer, and Nari knew by experience that they would stay a warm 50 degrees throughout winter as well. They were the perfect place for an older wolf who might have issues with arthritis during winter to stay. Nari wasn't sure though if Borden even liked it here. Especially since his son and daughter were gone now. There was no reason for him to stay spare for his health. Though she suspected that he only stayed because Rook had asked him to, Nari wasn't absolutely sure about that assumption.

When she wasn't keeping an eye on the marsh for Cut Rock River wolves or looking for loners to tempt into her pack; Nari was keeping an eye on both Rory and Borden. Rory was as much her ward as the child was Ash's, but Borden was a wolf whom Nari had sworn to keep watch over. She hadn't realized when she promised this to Rook that it would prove to be hard to keep. Especially since the male was not well half the time. She could only hope that Rook or nature would find a way to ease the elder Lyall's suffering.

The gray wolf headed for the tunnel that Rory's scent was coming from. Borden's musky smell was around as well, but Nari wasn't sure where he had gone. She just hoped that he was okay. First she had to check the white child before looking for the older wolf.

"Is anyone there?"

She asked before looking about the two tunnels that split into four all around her. She knew where each led, but Nari didn't know where the wolves were that she was looking for.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Nov 24, 2014, 05:50 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
She'd begun to wander more with age on her side. Her gangly appearance gave the assumption that she were nearly a yearling and to this she credited to the imposing figure of her mother, but she would probably be smaller than Athena and her wanderlust much less obvious. She had begun to grow fonder of the Caverns and her relationship with @Ash and @Narimé had grown since the absence of her mother once more, it had been passed through the grapevine that her mother had disappeared to find her own pack leaving the white child behind. It was not uncommon, in fact Rory had grown accustomed to it and was thankful that she had adults who still wanted her around--her father had yet to reappear--and she was sure to keep her loyalty to the Caverns because of this. They were her everything and in return she hoped to give the pack much more, she needed a job to perform and had intentions of speaking with Ash to discuss her potential duties to the pack but that would come with time, for now she needed company.

The voice of Narime filtered into her ears and she turned toward the sound, wondering what the woman had wanted from her after all this time. The visit was unexpected, and the scent that came from her body was pungent as she closed the gap between them, settling to her haunches in a stiff sit before cocking her head. "Yes" she spoke finally, her tiny voice felt strange coming through her throat. She had become more social and it was showing but she was still afraid of what was to come next and hoped that her family would understand that she needed molding and more time; she was delicate after all. "what are you looking for?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2015, 01:49 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime smiled as the white shape of Rory came into view. The child seemed hesitant to come forward though, and this made Nari chuff in disapproval.

"Young one, I'm looking for you."

She answered warmly while looking just passed the Thanne child and not directly at her. Shifting into a sitting position, the silver wolf let her tail wag slowly over the floor glad to see the white pup doing better than she had been when she was much smaller.

"How are you feeling?"

She asked wondering how the youth was doing while everybody else was out and about doing their chores. Being a single pup, Nari could imagine little Aurora being rather lonely.

She waited for an answer and when it was given the hunter gave a small nod to the girl. There was a few moments of silence as she noted Rory's large paw size; knowing that big paws meant that the pup would grow to be rather large. Though Nari couldn't gauge whether the white pup would gain her mothers height or stay a bit shorter. Only time would tell.

"You grow like a weed every moon now, and you've got such a fine winter coat growing in. I'm glad to see you looking so strong."

She commented quickly hoping that the child would understand the compliment she had just given her.

Remembering the ravenous appetites of her own litter at Rory's age prompted Nari to ask,

"Are you at all hungry? I can go get you something if you want.."

Perhaps she was trying to hard to be nice. Trying to hard to gain the affections of the younger girl when Nari should simply be herself. However Narime couldn't help it. Pups were her soft spot, much like they were Ash's weakness.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
She could feel Narime's gaze on her, like the light of a sniper's gun laid upon her forehead, and she felt the warmth of discomfort travel up the length of her stomach to her spine; she was not accustomed to the spotlight. Her own gaze averted that of the queen, fixated instead on the ground and occasionally traveling to the spot just below Narime's nose, it was an indirect gaze that assured the larger woman that Rory was attentive but feared disrespecting hierarchy too much to lock eyes with the queen. When the pale woman had assured her that she was searching for her the small child felt a pit fall to the middle of her stomach, as though she were in trouble, and fought to keep her gaze from reaching that of Narime's, she could not understand why of all wolves, the queen was in search of her; she had always been a shadow in the land.

"I am well..." she started and trailed off, wondering if her response had been what the woman he been looking for and decided to add a little more, "no complaints" that sounded more convincing and she felt compelled to settle to her haunches in a sit before she fell over from worry. The sound of Narime's complements bounced off the young Thanne woman like a shield deflecting a weapon as the weight of her large ears pressed against her narrow head, she had never been complemented on her growth from anyone aside from Ash and he was her father, he was supposed to be nice to her. "Thank you," she added though no warm smile came to her mouth, it was a topic that she was uncomfortable with and did not want to discuss any further with the pale woman. "could you teach me to hunt?" the question blurted from her mouth, it was a duty she had thought to acquire since watching so many adults around her so easily track and bring down the prey of the Lore; she merely wanted their strength and capabilities.
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!