(See All?) Announcements
728 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis, Neo

Empowered — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
@Lachesis; Mak and Lach need to have a chat! ;)

The king had made his recovery slowly but surely, relying on his trusted second to fill in his shoes whilst he slumbered and rested through the infection. He had put it off for a while now, wanting to be sure he was truly well and recovered, but now there was no denying that his entire being was screaming "reclaim!". If the encounter with that gods damned trespasser had shown Maksim Baranski anything, it was that he was once again ready to reclaim his crown and throne. His muscles ached to stretch, to wander the borders that were his; to snap at intruders and fend them from his land.

He would not challenge for his rightful position with hatred in his heart. The boy--no, the man--who had stepped in for the agouti Mackenzie had proven himself to be more than capable. It seemed that Lachesis was a wolf of many incredible talents, regardless of the alien beginning to his life. The Baranski father had no doubt that the healer would go on to do many great things for Cut Rock River, and he held a great deal of respect for the pale Arctic-born.

Maksim lifted his head, scenting the air. Lachesis had been here recently, of that he was sure. If there was one thing the regal would never doubt, it would be his nose. Parting his lips and forming a small 'o', the agouti wolf release a call of summons for the young healer. There was much to discuss: the pear-eyed wolf's doings had not gone unnoticed.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3

As much as Lachesis had begun to feel comfortable in his temporary position, it was not his to keep. There was still much the healer had to learn about what it took to lead a pack, and also about himself. He was not the same wolf he had been a year ago. After losing Anastasia to the mountain he had thought things would never get better – he had been filled with so much pain and anger that it consumed him. His weight and morale dropped considerably, and he had pushed himself away from his pack members as he tried to self-medicate himself. However, after some self-realization and nearly falling out with Bastet because of his “woe is me” attitude, Lachesis had forced himself to get better.

As soon as Maksim’s call sounded Lachesis knew exactly what it was about. Without hesitation, the long-legged healer headed toward his leader, his mind racing as he closed the distance between them. XIX was more than willing to give back the agouti male’s position without a challenge – he was not ready for the full responsibility of leading a pack. His temporary leadership had taught XIX a lot, and helped boost his confidence even more. But as long as Maksim was capable of leading Cut Rock, it was his position, not Lachesis’.

“It is good to see you moving around,” he greeted with a wide smile as he dipped his head in greeting, his body instinctively adopting a submissive stance as he stopped before the agouti male. With the arrival of winter the pack needed all its members at top health, especially their leaders.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

The agouti Mackenzie didn't have to wait long, as Lachesis was swift to come to his call. Maksim stepped towards the younger male, nudging his cheek with his nose in a show of appreciation and friendship--truly, the spider-legged Arctic was a wolf that the Baranski family could trust. His children were all fond of the healer. Lachesis had seen them on the evening they were born, three tiny mewling bundles of fur who knew nothing but warmth and milk.

He chuckled, a rumble in his chest, and nodded. "It is good to be moving." Pausing for a moment, the regal shifted slightly and adopted a dominant stance, though his tail wagged slowly behind him. There was no aggression, no bared lip. No, Lachesis deserved much more than that. He had proven his worth and loyalty where so many had failed to do so. "I have much to thank you for, Lachesis. You've done a great deal for Cut Rock River in my time of weakness." Offering the young wolf a smile, he continued. "You've much potential, Lachesis. I hope this time has helped you to see that, despite the circumstances that have led up to it."

Looking towards the mountain briefly, peaking through the evergreen canopy of the Cedarwood, Maksim smiled ever so slightly. Look at him, Ana. Look how he's overcome his pain, how he fights on. Momentarily, he closed his eyes before returning his verdant gaze to Lachesis. I know that you'd be proud if you could see him now. So different was he to the stuttering yearling Maksim had met all those moons ago ... it was inspiring.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Maksim I AM SO SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT, ugh. will not happen again.

As he observed the older male Lachesis realized how much he truly cared for the agouti leader. Not only as a friend, but as family. Maksim had welcomed both him and Anastasia into Darkwater Rapids with open paws, and had showed nothing but kindness to the pair. Even when he had left abruptly with Anastasia to scour the mountains for the Slayer children, the green-eyed male had allowed Lachesis to return even without the dove-coloured female at his side. He had allowed the healer to mourn the loss of his closest friends – much longer than any other wolf would have allowed. Lachesis would forever be in debt to the older male – he would protect both him and his children at whatever cost. This was his home, and would always be his home.

His attention returned to the larger male as he began to speak, his words sounding much stronger than they did weeks ago. A smile fell onto his maw as he listened patiently to his leader’s words; he could not help but feel awkward as Maksim praised him. He was only doing what was expected of him, and what needed to be done… XIX did not feel as though he had done anything extraordinary. He only wanted what was best for Cut Rock, and wanted to ensure that Maksim would return to his position with the pack still standing. “I would do anything for you Maksim,” he started, voicing his previous thoughts aloud as he focused his gaze on his leader. “You have done so much for me; you have given me a home. I will always remain loyal to you.”

As the leader’s gaze fell toward the mountains XIX could tell what he was thinking of – Anastasia. Prior to their brief adventure to the mountains, his china doll and Maksim had grown close. The healer had known how Ana felt about the agouti-coloured male, and Lachesis always wondered if Maksim had felt the same toward her. “When you feel strong enough to return to your position it is yours – whether that is now, or weeks from now. It is not position to keep; you have earned it, and the wolves of Cut Rock respect you. I will not take what is not mine.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
@Lachesis -- Hhhh sorry this took so long! :x

He could not help but smile at Lachesis' words. The king knew he was an honest soul, and that he could take the ghost's loyalty with no need to doubt or fret over abandonment. There had been plenty of opportunities for him to flee the River wolves' territory, but here he stood by the Baranski family's side. The River pack may have been small, but by the stars they held some of the loyalist member. That was all Maksim could have ever wanted, and it was an honour to lead them. And he had come to reclaim the ability to call it his.

He bobbed his head in a nod. "And this will always be a home to you, regardless of what occurs in the coming moons." Hardships would be faced together and what happened last winter would never happen again. The agouti Mackenzie would not allow it. Such heartache, such loss ... no one River wolf would take so much pain on their shoulders without succour ever again. Theirs was a burden shared, like their duties. If it could keep his followers happy, Maksim would take all their worries and misery and carry them alone. After all, a good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, and a little less than his share of the credit.

"I am glad," he began, inhaling deeply. The fact he would not have to fight Lachesis for the throne meant that the younger male remained Maksim's closest possible ally. He needed, nor wanted, ill tidings to fall between them. "Then I suppose only one thing remains." He took a step forward, his tail lifting. It was a final signal, the signature on a contract, to swap their ranks once more. With a surprising gentleness, the larger wolf took his friend's muzzle between his jaws. He needed not to hold it--a fleeting moment was all that was required--and he was quick to release. Maksim lifted his head slightly, smiling. "There is something I would ask of you."

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis would be forever grateful to Anastasia for introducing him to Maksim and making the executive decision for the pair to leave the Trail. His former home in the deep forest had been falling apart when the pair had left. With the death of their leader and the unqualified replacement, Pitch Pine was no longer suitable for them. While he had been apprehensive at first, XIX trusted Ana’s decision to join Darkwater Rapids. After meeting Maksim the healer was left feeling extremely optimistic about the agouti male’s pack, and his own future within it. XIX had been there through the flood of the Rapids, the formation of Cut Rock, and the arrival (and departure) of wolves in the pack. He would continue to be there, at Maksim’s side, until the River no longer felt like a home to him.

Silence fell upon the long-legged healer as he listened to the green-eyed male’s words; a soft smile broke his calm demeanor to show the appreciation he felt toward Maksim. “Then I suppose only one thing remains.” XIX was not surprised what occurred next; rather, he was grateful that Maksim was reclaiming his position. While the healer would always take the position if it was required of him, he had not rightfully earned it. The wolves of Cut Rock did not respect him on the same level that they respected Maksim. They viewed Lachesis as the pack’s healer, who were typically laid back and solitary wolves; the complete opposite of their agouti leader. Instinctively, the alabaster male lowered his lanky body into a submissive stance, his ears and tails dropping as the older male gently grasped his muzzle. Relief instantly washed over him as Maksim released him and they resumed their former ranks. “What is that?” He asked curiously, his body still resuming its lower stance as he observed the older male.

(This post was last modified: Jan 25, 2015, 04:06 AM by Lachesis.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Feel free to alter the ranks whenever you have the time! <3

The renewed king remained quiet for a moment. Lachesis seemed intrigued to know what exactly it was that the agouti regal wanted of him, his curious expression not lost to Maksim. The younger wolf was a fine healer, there was no denying that. After all, Bastet was with them still, was she not? A nasty infection, a life or death situation. He had been a yearling then, yet Lachesis rose to the challenge and saved a life. How many wolves in Relic Lore could claim such a statement to be true to them? Because of this, Maksim could think of no River member better for the task.

"I would ask that you mentor Karina formally, share your knowledge of flora with her."

The father was not oblivious to the hobbies of his young princess. Where the boys scuffled and took interest in simply being growing lads, she was far more reserved. She preferred that which she could smell, that which relied less on the eyesight. She came to Maksim smelling of some kind of plant regularly and more than once he had caught his daughter prepping little caches stuffed with flowers and foliage. It was clear to both her parents that Karina was a child of Gaia. "I know you've been giving her little lessons on the properties of several plants. She loves them, and it would be a honour to have her be taught by you. She adores you, after all." The king offered his loyal healer a gentle smile. "And you are family to her."

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
done <3

Although he knew that Maksim had nothing bad or negative to say, XIX could not help but be anxious about what his leader wanted to ask him. Despite his unexpected nerves, the slender healer remained composed as the green-eyed male began to speak. He blinked in surprise; he had not been expecting that. Lachesis had noticed Karina’s growing interest in plants – she was always bringing him new plants and questioning him about them – but he had not thought about mentoring her. Becoming a healer wasn’t always a popular role within a pack. Most wolves did not view the position as thrilling or rewarding, but to XIX it was. While he had not been able to save Shade, he had brought Bastet back from the brink of death and nursed her, along with many others, back to health. To him, it was much more rewarding than hunting or going on a scouting mission.

At first he nodded, unable to immediately string together an answer with actual words. A smile fell onto his maw as a sense of pride swelled within his chest. Not only had Maksim trusted him to temporarily lead his back, but now he was trusting him to mentor his daughter. “Of course,” he responded, finally, as his excitement bubbled. He could not wait to tell Karina that he was going to be her mentor. The enthusiasm she had toward plants, and learning about their medicinal properties, was the same he had had when he was her age. He felt uncomfortable receiving such praise from a wolf that he looked up to; he was not accustom to such compliments, not since Anastasia’s disappearance. “She has all the qualities of a fine healer, he added with a soft, short nod to secure his words. “Thank you for trusting me.” His mind was racing with lesson ideas as silence settled between the two; he could not wait to get started with the River princess.

(This post was last modified: Feb 02, 2015, 06:35 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

A healer was always important. Without one in the ranks of a pack, many would succumb to illness and injury. If Lachesis hadn't been around during the duration of Maksim's downfall, there was a chance that the agouti Mackenzie would not have made it. For that, the king had a new found respect for the art, a stronger one. The idea that his daughter, the princess of the river, was interested in flora left him feeling pride. It warmed his heart to know that she wanted to learn to help others, to treat those who required care. Karina was, after all, a nurturing cub. Gentle and soft, with a sensitive nose that would keenly be able to pick about the fragrances of anything herbal.

Lachesis seemed pleased with the idea of mentoring the Baranski daughter, agreeing to take her on as his charge for such teachings. An air of excitement rose from the deer-legged wolf, something that the River leader took notice of. Nodding, Maksim offered a wag of his tail to the younger male. "She will thrive under your teachings, I am sure." There was no question about it. Anzhela, Karina's aunt, had been a fine healer. It was in her blood, due to Maksim's mother (the cub's grandmother). If any of the siblings could tap into it, then it would most surely be little Karina. "I would like for you to break the news to her. She'll be ecstatic to hear from your mouth." Bowing his head, the large male chuckled. "You are family to me, Lachesis. To us. There is no one I would trust with my children more so than you."

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2015, 04:01 PM by Maksim.)