(See All?) Announcements
339 Users Online
Bing, Google

one step too late
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> As they always had, his feet led him elsewhere for a good period of seven months. There was no heartbreak when he left places and certainly no hard feelings towards leaving anybody behind thanks to his cold, hardened demeanor. Somewhere down the line, perhaps about two and a half months into his absence from Relic Lore, Inkheart began to feel an unfamiliar ache inside whenever he thought back to the only wolf he had felt himself draw close to within his stay in the vast lands. Amelie had captured his heart but this particular emotion had been untamed for many years and thus, he had not a clue what he had felt in that very brief moment was something so important.
It took him many more months to finally come to find that this sudden realization was much stronger than he had imagined. His feet, for some petty reason, had turned him around and led him right back to where the two had met under the beautiful Wild Cherry Orchard. The way she spoke had his stomach in knots and the mere image of those soft, starlit eyes had him pining for her once more—setting off to find the woman that had made such an impact on his life. The only one that had ever brought out any sort of feeling from the black pit which others knew to be a heart.
This one single scent led him all the way to a pack land, something which devastated Inkheart to no end, but there was something much different. Her scent was strong as well as a single male which meant that they were the ones to ward of intruders with their pissful scent. The very thought that some other man was leading with her that was not him nearly made his hackles raise but he could not jump to such conclusions when he had did not know the details. However, he would be unsurprisingly shocked once he actually did learn the story. This time, he gave a simple and blatant howl for the white-blanket woman before falling silent and crouching onto his hinds in wait.
(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2011, 02:02 AM by Inkheart.)

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Everything had been falling together very nicely. Alexander had become her mate, she was not only part of a pack but lead one, and she would have puppies for the first time (if all went well) this spring. There really was nothing more she could have asked for, nor wanted. It would be interesting, then, for Amélie to come across the handsome Inkheart she had met and grown fond of so very long ago. He had since left her mind completely. With everything that had happened in the last few months, who could have really blamed her?

Marking borders about the mountain, a familiar howl broke through the silence and curiosity struck her. Who was it? Swiftly she began descending the mountain, watching her step so as to not give in to a tricky slope. It did not take very long to reach the 'stranger' and when she finally laid eyes on him, she was not sure what to do...or say.

She was honestly stunned. For a moment she was quiet, then the angelic leader smiled softly at the male she had once deemed her black knight. "Inkheart," she said, shock clearly in her voice. "You're back," she whispered softly, her blue eyes wide as she wondered if she was dreaming.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> As the woman’s very scent grew stronger within his nose, he could feel the irregular beat of his heart pounding against his ribcage. He urged this feeling to stop not once, but twice, finding that he could barely focus on looking for her when his insides could explode within seconds. The moment she filled his vision he searched for all the different changes upon her but found few—she was still stunning and what made him feel even weaker was the voice that she held so dearly as if it would shatter with one harsh word. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Amélie…” he spoke but quickly had to clear his throat in order for any words to come out at all, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Amélie you must forgive me for having left. I knew not what I was doing when I did and had I known I would have never.”
Truthfully, he wanted to embrace the beautiful woman with every inch of his body and surrounding her with the warmth that she brought him with just her ice blue eyes. She was breathtaking and after much thought, she was every bit the woman that he wanted to be with—unfortunately, he was not the only one who thought this. So he sat there with uncertainty of whether he should get up to greet her as he so wished or to remain where he was since she was, apparently, a respected leader amongst these lands.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Truth be told, Amélie did not know what to do. She was also weary of embracing him, given their past and their current circumstances. What she did know, however, was that she was happy to see him again. Her eyes were soft as he looked at him, and a sweet smile calmed her facade. It was then that he uttered her name and all she could do was hold her breath. By the way he was looking at her, it seemed like he had something important to say.

He spoke again shortly thereafter, apologizing for the abrupt way he had left. She remembered when it all happened...Inkheart had been one of her first friends at Relic-Lore, among other things, and his absence had indeed left her sorrowful. "I'm sorry you did not find what you were looking for where you were," she offered him. "But welcome back to Relic-Lore." For the first time in a long time she was nervous, and even a bit shy. She could feel her cheeks grow warm as she looked at him, unsure of what to make of the situation.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> It felt weird to think that for once there was someone that he actually cared about. Everyone else was just a fly on his window sill that buzzed until they realized that they were stuck in Inkheart’s melodramatic world. The way she spoke with that French accent made him feel a strong pull in his stomach but it took all he had not to throw it all at her in one sitting. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Thank-you,” he finally spoke up as he tipped his head in an unusually Inky fashion. What he felt was necessary was far from the normal things that came out of Inkheart’s mouth but he knew that he would regret it just as much as he regretted leaving.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I did not find what I was looking for elsewhere because what I had been looking for was in front of me this whole time…” and his eyes looked into the French woman’s pale blues finding that no one else could possibly have the skill to make him feel the way he felt. Feelings, actual feelings, had come unhinged from within his very core when he had never even believed there to be such a preposterous belief. Even his own sister recognized that he had never had a caring bone in his body.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

What could he mean? As Amélie stood ways away from her former interest, she frowned softly. Was he actually coming back to Relic-Lore looking for her? She was now with Alexander and eventually to be a mother. Wasn't it too late for any sort of life with this Inky Knight? "I'm sorry, Inkheart, but things have changed...and I'm afraid there's no turning back." After all how could she turn back all that had happened?...And most importantly, did she want to? Seeing him again brought a flood of memories coursing through her mind, memories that she was not sure she wanted to keep.

"Why are you here, Ink," she asked, her brows furrowed in seriousness. "Have you come to whisk me away after failing to find someone better than me?" Because that was not fair.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> By the way she began to talk it sounded like she had moved passed feelings that she may have had for him before. It took all of his strength to not curse at himself for having run out when someone actually had the guts to like him for whatever he was months ago. It had been his fault for moving off in a direction away from what he truly needed in his life but he still felt angry that he was missing it now. In his mind he knew that he would fight to have Amélie in his life (whether it be as a friend or acquaintance) but perhaps in a sinister fashion he hoped that he could change her mind on whatever she couldn’t turn back on.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I’m not going to interfere with whatever you have now,” he said this as calmly as possible though could not help but let his disappoint slip passed his lips. Inkheart was a strong individual and he would do whatever he could to win the approval of his white maiden even if it meant dominating from the inside. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“But you should know that there is not anyone in this green earth than could be better than you,” and whoever she was interested in now obviously had never pointed that out to her otherwise she would have known that there was no beauty like Amélie.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amélie's icy eyes trailed down to the floor and she frowned. Despite Ink being completely undeserving of her sympathy, he held it. She didn't say much after him, just adverted her eyes back onto his form and without hurry made her way beside him. For a moment she locked her icy eyes with his own warm ones, before she dropped her head below his and nuzzled him. Although he smelled much different, he still felt the same, in which Amélie found great comfort. Despite his desertion she had missed him and was glad he had come back. What relationship they would have beyond this point was a mystery to her, but at least he was back alive and well.

"So where did you go," her gentle voice sailed.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> What was this nonsense? As if she had not said anything about things having changed since they had met and that she could not change them back, here she was rubbing all up under his chin in an affectionate manner. Inkheart yearned to take her away and never allow her to return back to whatever pack she was in now but he knew that that would not be the appropriate way to earn her true affection. The fact that she was at least giving him the satisfaction of the attention that he had craved for much too long, and got very little of, was enough to get him high.
Without thinking that this was a one-sided happy cuddle, he draped his neck around hers and licked only once at her fur. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Back to Valentine’s Keep, y’know the place I was raised, only to find it deserted so I tried tracking them all down to no avail,” he had come across a couple of sick elders and their young (too young for Inkheart) granddaughter but they had no proven themselves useful to Inkheart’s quiry. So as he began to think further on his journey he realized just how very little he wanted to talk about himself or anything related to him—finding that, once again, Inkheart was not entirely thinking of himself.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Tell me… you’re in a pack now?” It might have been completely stupid of Amélie months ago but as time grew on he realized just how much he himself needed a pack to call his own. However, he was still going to stick to his ignorance about being a subordinate under anyone’s law no matter who it was but he was glad that she had found a pack and had someone other than herself taking care of her.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Silently Amélie sat beside her 'friend', intrigued by his reason (or excuse) for having left and then returning. A part of her felt very wrong holding Inkheart so dear, but the other side of her justified it by labeling him as just her friend. He had been her friend before as well, for he had never asked her for permission to officially label them as otherwise. "I'm sorry to hear that. I do hope that it was for the better...that it is because there are bigger plans awaiting for you." And just to clarify, by bigger plans, she did not mean her.

The conversation then sailed away from Inkheart and onto Amélie, "Well, yes. I actually lead a pack now...along with my mate." It was a little difficult to spill, mostly because she was unsure of his reaction. She tried her best not to frown, but honestly, it was becoming quite difficult. And whilst she was quite ecstatic about Alexander, she felt for Inkheart and perhaps a little for herself too.

"I know its not my place, but, you're welcome to live here with me in my pack. You will alwas have an open invitation here on my behalf."

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2011, 01:36 PM by Amélie.)