(See All?) Announcements
893 Users Online
Apollo, Claw, Bing, Juniper, Google, Vasco

i bet you feel the knife — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 31 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Vasu Stormwright
Backdated to March 8th | Afternoon |Freezing fog 8 ° F, -13 ° C | For @Rook only

The male was growing tired. His paws had been moving around aimlessly for days now. He swore he was getting somewhere to rest but it seemed like everywhere he wanted to rest was either taken or wasn't as safe as he thought it was. So when his worn and cut paws found safety in a nice tall forest he decided to head into the depth of it. Of course he also seemed to find trouble here. The scent of a pack lightly wafted into his nose of the afternoon fog. The Stormwright's tail flicked behind him. While he knew the dangers of lingering close to a pack he also knew the dangers of pushing his body past its limits.

Finding a secure place to momentarily lay down between two tall cedar wood trees he allowed his body to exhale a rather large pent up sigh of air. His breath only added to the freezing fog that laid around heavily in this unknown forest. Vasu found it be best if he only stayed her for maybe fifteen or twenty minutes just to save his own hide from being hunted and skinned. While the male was aware that he wasn't close enough to be a threat he also knew in spring any female, especially a pack female, might come out all angry and dominate trying to run him off. Hopefully he would just be allowed a moment of silence and relaxation to regain any little energy he had left in his sore body.
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
Possessive Rook is possessive. Apologies on his behalf. xP

Rook had been busy. While he had memorized a great deal of the southern portion of Cedarwood Forest, he had begun to venture further and further to the east; and, when he thought he had gone far enough, he turned around and went back towards more familiar ground. He was on the way back to the little 'base camp' of sorts that he had established with Cinder and Quil when he thought he heard something nearby. His ears perked and his nose twitched. Something to eat, perhaps...

The yearling, led on by curiosity and a drive to provide for the women under his care, zipped through the trees, but the dark-furred creature he sought for across the ground and between the roots was not edible. In fact, it wasn't no ordinary animal, but it was a man - an older, rugged-looking one at that, too. The Lyall, by innate compulsion alone, frowned. At present, the land in this part of Relic Lore was not yet his to fully claim. However, this brute was still much too close for comfort. First things first.

"Excuse me," his voice was clipped with crossness. By tone alone it was obvious that Rook was not particularly pleased by his decision to rest there, in that very spot. "What do you think you're doing?"

His tail lifted as to level itself with his spine, just enough to not specifically assert dominance over the rogue but still make the message clear: that the stranger was not welcome when he had two sisters (both of whom were bound to start coming into heat any time now) to protect. "You will speak the truth or God help me, I will strike you," he threatened, "Who are you and why are you here? If you were spying on my loves, you better pray for mercy because I will make you bleed for such an offense."

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Vasu Stormwright
Vasu could have spotted the angry lad from miles away. The tone he had made the Stromwright rise to his paws. Not speaking a word till this boy decided to close his trap, lord only knew when that would be. Licking his ink lined lips it seemed that this youth had more than a million questions to ask. It would be a shame when the yearling would have to find out he wouldn't get everything he wanted out of Vasu's sealed lips.

"Resting." It was a quick short answer. No more than he needed to speak to this male. Vasu wasn't one for talking and especially talking to those who so rudely came up and demanded answers to silly childish questions. "Vasu, here to rest from travel." His voice was stoic like that from a wise aging man. Whatever reaction this boy was looking for it was highly unlikely he was going to get it from the silver-blue eyed male. Vasu almost wanted to laugh when the male spoke of spying on "my loves". Whoever or whatever those were had no important to the older male. In fact all he wanted was to rest in peace! But nope! Some loud obnoxious boy had to come up and start getting all possessive and psycho.

His tail hung low behind him showing that he was of no threat but that he wasn't going to just bow down to this younger fella. Who did he think he was? Pushing around threats he didn't even have a need to speak and asking questions with such a tone he ought to wash his mouth out with sea water. "My apologies." His voice was rather low and deep in tone, certainly a deep pitch that would match his rather burly body. While Vasu hated the fact of saying sorry to this male he figured it might be his best interest. This boy smelt of many wolves while Vasu only smelt of his dirty self.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
"Resting," the simple, albeit seemingly curt, answer came. Rook lifted his lip to flash a bit of his clenched teeth upon learning that the man's name was Vasu. A small snort was given and not much else but upon hearing an apology, the yearling relaxed a little. It sounded genuine enough; perhaps the older gent really was taking a break in his travels. After all, a few quick inhales proved that he had had no contact with either of the Attaya sisters at all. Regardless, Rook rather liked the idea that his threat had worked.

His tail came down to a more casual position and he cleared his throat as if to diffuse the sudden awkwardness their conversation had taken a turn into. "Apology accepted," he stiffly voiced, continuing to eye the other's build and stature. His mismatched eyes narrowed slightly in thought but a blink ebbed the expression away. He supposed that if he had more 'bite' than 'bark,' he could have taken Vasu on head-to-head; but, given that he had little to no experience in actual sparring, he was rather glad the other was more defensive and pacifying than readily on the offense.

"I'm Rook," he lent, the hostility in his tone fully gone. "You'll have to forgive me, I'm expecting company and don't appreciate anyone lingering around for long. I'm looking to reclaim this part of Cedarwood Forest for my family as soon as my parents come around." He paused, debating if he ought to reveal anything more than that, but decided on something else just for curiosity's sake.

"You seem like you've seen much of the world," he offhandedly commented, his brush of a tail swaying behind him. "Where are you from?"

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Vasu Stormwright
Baby, I've got silver and I've got gold
But when push comes to shove, this is getting old

The young lad accepted the Stormwright's rough apology which certainly helped ease the older burly male in any way possible. It let him know that the chances of anything hostile happening were rather low now. Or so the male would like to think they were. Of course when the boy, now known as Rook, gave out his name it was also helpful. Vasu saw names as an invitation of sorts. One of those "I trust you enough to give you some information" deal.

Listening to Rook speak was rather daunting. Vasu knew he wouldn't spit up as much information as the other lad but it was appreciated that Rook seemed willing to give the Stormwright a gist of why the younger boy had been so brash. "You're forgiven," A small rough lined smile was given to the his mismatched eyed companion. While what struck Vasu's interest the most was that this lad wanted to reclaim these woods. Wasn't he a bit...young? Although the older male assumed that Rook knew much more about this land and had an advantage to claiming these woods. Especially sense the young lad was already so territorial about this place..

Before the grey faced male could comment on anything else that Rook had mentioned about claiming and this 'Cedarwood Forest' place it seemed his company threw a rather offhand comment. Smiling a rather toothy grin Vasu took a sudden interest in what Rook wanted to know. The Stormwright in fact had seen much in his travels through the years. "I indeed have seen much, more than one my age may have." That one sentence there was probably the most he would speak at once during this conversation. Alas Vasu figured he should give the boy something to work with besides his small little words. "I hail from Lostwind Island." While he figured that his new found companion would have no idea where this place was a small part of him had hoped that he would have possibly heard of it before. Maybe that was just him being homesick though. Vasu may have been the one to push the others of Lostwind to find shelter elsewhere he sometimes wished he could return home. Back to a place where everyone knew everyone. You scratched their back and they scratched yours.

Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
Blegh, sorry, had martial arts test and then other threads had priority and all that. :x

His companion grinned back at him, which prompted Rook's own smile to lift the corners of his mouth even more. He was about to ask where the older male had come from when the answer readily came. Lostwind Island. The youth's head tilted to one side. He had heard of islands before, thought up of names for those faraway places surrounded by water, but had never seen one before with his very own eyes. The name of "Lostwind," though, was as mystical and magical as they come. Visions of a lonely isle, surrounded by water as clear as the glass, manifested in his mind, the trees on the warm-sanded beach swaying gently to the gusts of a restless breeze; a moderately-sized pack, all in dark gray and white pelts like this fellow, dancing about as they frolicked on the shore and in the shallows and fed upon a buffet of fish and mollusks.

"You must have come quite a long way from home," he commented, his simper mellowing out. "I am, too, but my new home is here. My mother and father are coming to meet me any day now."

He shifted his weight from his left to his right, then eyed the man from nose to tail, "I'd hate to have to request for you to leave, but I have something else to ask, if... you'd rather stay. If my parents and I succeed in our venture to reclaim these lands, I think we might have use for someone like you." What had gone unsaid, he hoped, would go assumed. If Rook had thought the gentleman to be worldly and he had claimed to have come from some distant place beyond Relic Lore, maybe it would have been understood that the young Lyall had already thought so highly of him. "We could use an advisor of sorts or someone to help out with some of the smaller or 'quieter' tasks. In exchange for your aid, we would be glad to offer you shelter, a place within our hunting parties, and whatever else you might require."