(See All?) Announcements
459 Users Online
Google, Bing

Gotta Case of the Munchies
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Warning: @Enoki hungry pregnant wolf comin' through, Lol.

Danica strolled among the bright leafs of berry bushes, fresh buds sprouting from the plants. What were these flowers? Why had she never ventured out here as a pup? Oh well...maybe they'd be enough to satisfy her...and the tiny life form growing within her soft belly. Too hungry to care the yearling carefully drawled back her lips and picked a pretty flower from it's branch. The bitter taste caused her neck to scrunch as a face of displeasure consumed her. "Elhk!" She muttered spitting out the not so delicious, at the time at least, future food source. As she stood their momentarily disoriented, her ears pivoted about her head to listen to the breeze rustling branches. A soft defeated sounding sigh slipped out of parted lips. Her lack of determination was short lived though as her face quickly turned frustrated. "Seriously?! Such sour luck! I just want a full belly..." She gripped angrily.

One might have wondered why she simply didn't eat from the pack's cache. Why in the world she was even out here in the first place...Earlier that morning a pale figure had moved about the lands. Her Emerald eyes glancing across the blackberry fields when something had at long last caught her attention. Maybe she was just too short as a cub? Or just less observant. More importantly maybe there was food...she had taken enough from the pack lately. Time to give back...and find herself a snack, of course! Snacking was oddly a huge priority lately. Without hesitation the girl left one last quick marker, making sure her scent was easy to follow for pack mates, and took off for the day.

Stomping hurriedly through the bushes the girl searched for something. Her paw steps much too loud and a dead give away, a low grumbling growl just barely under her breath. Her bright eyes were like daggers glaring hatefully at each flower that seemed to mock her. Zonta even sat not to far away laughing at her. "Child you're much too stressed...calm down some." Danica only snorted at her 'invisible friend.' The woman reacted scornfully offering an ugly yellow snarl with scrunched black chops. 

Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Salmon tongue lolled out between stained teeth as the piebald coated woman maneuvered her way through bushes and blossoming trees preparing for the production of sweet red cherries. All excitement had dwindled down to a faint buzz these days with the receding of her heat cycle and the full force of spring with its warm weather and chirping of returning birds to the lore. Another season coming and going without the prospect of Enoki bringing forth new life to carry on her prestige bloodline. Opposite of what she thought would happen this time now that she had found someone to hold her heart, or so she thought. Perhaps it was just a spring fling with the earth toned man by the name of Heigen who lived up on the mountain in a pack calling a portion home. The two had spent some time together once the piebald woman decided to leave the Ridge wolves, but nothing had come of the time together. Feelings she found herself questioning with each setting sun.

Today her mind was clear of such thoughts as her main focus was on exploring the parts of Relic Lore she had yet to set paw in. A brief vacation before returning to the dark matriarch that she owed so much to still. Besides she actually enjoyed living under the drooping willow trees with their whip like branches even if things seemed to be taking quite the chaotic turn as of late. But the sound of growls and a strange, young voice suddenly caught her attention and brought the ebony points of her ears forward to better catch the sound. By the sounds of it someone was not pleased by the taste of something and wanted a full belly. Having nothing better to do the patchy woman decided to investigate the situation and hey, perhaps she could even offer up her skills in hunting and bring the 'starving' wolf a good meal.

Following the direction of the voice her dark pelt pushed through the last bit of brush to stumble upon a pale coated woman who's eyes Enoki could have sworn would set the blossoming orchard ablaze with how malicious she stared at the pink flowery petals. "Hello there." The Ashrelle woman calls out, a friendly wag of her tail following to insure this new wolf knew she meant no harm.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Danica

Emerald eyes quickly softened as her face shined with embarrassment, awkwardness filling her voice. "Well, um, hello ma'am." She said bashfully looking away from the stranger for a moment. "Um, ah, I, ah...suppose you heard me complaining...I um can't...well, hunt." Her paws shifted uncomfortably on the ground as she swayed her head over to look at Enoki, "I'm Danica, daughter of Nina, queen of Secret Woodlands. Pleasure to meet you..." She trailed off to allow the woman to say her name. Her tail wagged slowly behind her in a nervous kind of way as she stood there silently.

It was in that silence that she heard an odd call that caused her to lift her head curiously. She looked to Enoki with a confused questioning look, "What was that?" She whispered to the other wolf. Her nose twitched as she whiffed the air around her, but the wind was against them. It carried their scents towards the fawn instead of the other way around. Following that their was the sound of rusting as something took off near by. Danica now lifted her head as high as she could, looking over the bushes. She spotted the baby fleeing, "It's a deer..." She mumbled to her company. Her eyes glistened eagerly at the sight of a juicy, tender, young meal dashing about. Her mouth watered as she licked her chops slowly, imagining the metallic taste of blood on her lips. 

She looked back at the older, darker, female smiling nicely, "Do you think you could help me take it down? I'd be willing to share." She asked politely, her shyness washing away with the sudden adrenaline. "I'm not sure how I can help...being crippled an' all." She admitted absent minded like as she peered towards the fleeting prey. If they left now their was a chance of catching it somehow someway...maybe she could cut it off? Send it running back towards Enoki? That way she could end it's life suddenly, in quick fluid motions....

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

A gentle smile begins to spread over ebony lips as the silken audits atop Enoki's head pivots forward to catch the rambled mess of words the creamy girl speaks. Can't hunt? Bashfulness becoming entirely apparent on her facial expression as her head swung back to look at the magpie pelted woman. It was the sudden mention of Nina, a wolf she had met twice now sort of that caught her full attention, though. Ears pinning forward fully now at this bit of information. "Nina? I have met her a couple times. I have recently departed from Willow Ridge who happens to be an ally to the Secret Woodlands. A friend of mine happens to live under your mother's rule as well. Iopah is her name." Little did the Ashrelle woman know that her friend was now deemed a traitor and enemy to the Woodland wolves after going behind Nina's back to breed with the lead male and Iopah's newly declared mate. What Danica knew of the situation was unknown. "But it's a pleasure to meet you as well. I'm Enoki Ashrelle." She informs the younger girl, the gentle smile gradually growing wider.

Out of the blue a peculiar sound breaks the silence between the two females. Enoki's head turning in the direction with a deep inhale in hopes the breeze would aid in determining what had made such a weird, bleeting sound. Unlucky for the wolves the wind was actually blowing against them allowing the young deer to catch scent of them before they could of it, a rustling of the brush from its fleeing form indication of such. Danica's words nearly going unheard as deep amber eyes caught a glimpse of the running fawn, stomach giving an unexpected gurgle in hunger. Salmon tongue pushing past her lips to give her chops a swift licking. Suddenly her attention was whipped away as the younger, cream coated girl spoke up. Asking if Enoki could help her take it down with her being crippled and all. At this her head gave a smidgen of a tilt, unaware of what this 'disability' was since it was not easily detected by her hunter trained eyes. "I can offer my skills as a huntress. But we must move fast if we wish to catch up in order to make a swift and successful kill." Pausing her words, head swung back in the direction of the fleeing fawn with a calculating gander. "Cut off its route if you can to send it back towards me. I can take care of the rest."  

With that said her dark silhouette disappeared into the shadows of the surrounding brush of the orchard, body hunkering down near the ground to make it harder for the fear stricken fawn to detect her while running for its life. Hoping the young girl could at least cut it off, the waiting death trap stilled its form. Lunch would come to her today.

Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Sorry I took so long to get back to you! Plus the lack of words...My muse is being funky. Do you wanna go for the: "+10

Successful Hunt with 2+ Wolves." ? I bet we could stretch this out a little bit...)

Danica smiled sweetly up till the mention of Iopah, a small frown taking over, "Iopah has...betrayed Secret Woodlands." She whispered, displeased with the thought of bing the barer of bad news. She kept it vague enough that Enoki would be left hanging without a reason, "I'm not a big fan of the details." She added, mostly because @Koda had left them once more...was that all he was good for? She had just been opening up to him and then he does this. What was it with that man? He didn't deserve @Iopah , nor the children she was to bare to him, not at all. Surely he'd leave them just as he had done to her litter. However, Iopah, a traitor. Such an odd truth...

Willing to change the subject she grinned and politely commented, "I like your name...it's pretty." Before turning her attention to the opportunity laid out before them.

Without a word the yearling nodded her creamy head and turned into the bushes. Dani started out at a nice steady lope, but picked up the pace gradually, her medium sized form blurring past the vegetation. If one were to keep a close eye on her they would notice the small limp that went with her movements. Dark low hanging cherry branches tugged at her fur and poked her face, offering an annoying, yet minor, obstacle. The fawn's desperate bleating and the sound of tiny hooves hitting the ground grew louder. It's scent nearly causing her belly to rumble as she veered about it's path. Full of determination she aimed to circle around, cut it off, and send it straight back to @Enoki.

(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2015, 08:36 PM by Danica.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Yeah im all for getting skill points! I'm sure we can make it work.

There was no mistaking the sudden shifting of facial features the moment the Barberi woman's name was let loose from her dark tinted lips. Betrayed Secret Woodlands. A perplexed look overcame Enoki's own facial features at this newly discovered news. What had the woman done to brand herself with such a name and gain the equivalent of three packs worth of wolves ready to skin her pelt with a single muttered command from Nina? Clearly this young girl wasn't going to share any further details on the event by the look of things before it was spoken upon. The tightened fibers of muscle making up her throat wanting to push out a worried whine for her friend out onto the airwaves, but a hard swallow rid such a risk from becoming vocal. Now was not the time and just like that the topic was changed.

Danica offering a compliment to the older woman's name and its appeal. Slowly the corner of her lips began to tug upwards into the form of a gentle smile, nodding a silent thanks at the words ushered. Enoki was an odd name at best, but its meaning was fitting for the mountain born wolf. Dedicated. Something the patch work she-wolf always was. But the time for idle chit-chat was temporarily put on hold as more important things were to be done. Like catching their meal that was running away. So the plan was laid out and thoughts soon became actions.  

Gradually the slimmed girth of her abdomen from lack of a proper meal which came with the title of a loan wolf grew closer to the soft and luscious soil of the cool earth below. Nestling swarthy fur into the blades of fresh spring grass that made up a vast majority of the orchard wherever thick vegetation didn't lay claim already. The strands tickling the woman's underside as they swayed back and forth in a silent dance number only the lightness of the breeze could orchestrate. Bleating of the fleeing and fear stricken fawn causing a single ear to flick in its direction while the other remained forward and alert, keeping tabs on its location by sound rather than sight seeing as for now her job was to lie in wait until the creamy girl could manage to steer it towards her. Nothing but the sound of thundering tiny hooves on dirt, bleats for her mother and the oddly offset(due to her limp) thudding of canine pads mirroring the noise prior shortly after filling the vicinity of the cherry trees.

Laying in wait. What an excellent job it did at testing her patience. If the woman wasn't so in control of her skills as a huntress and able to reign in the adrenaline and instinctual fueled need for food she would have been bounding after the prey herself by now. All too eager to taste the liquid crimson once more on her salmon tongue and stuff bite after bite of fresh meat down her gullet.  No, she had to wait and she had to be quiet. Curling in on herself she did just that, ready to spring at a moments notice. The sound of her rushing blood and breaths filling the velveteen tuft of her ears.

(This post was last modified: May 01, 2015, 05:57 AM by Enoki.)
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Thanks for understanding. :) Also we need 8 post of actual hunting, idk if spotting the fawn counts? If so we have 5/8. Let me know if this is unrealistic...I haven't done many hunting threads as of now.)

The sound of their paw and hoof steps echoed loudly in Danica's lightly colored ears, her body moving like a bullet from a pistol. Creamy silver fur swooshed back resembling rippling tides of water. Her green eyes narrowed in concentration as she swerved about aiming for the fawn, cutting it a bit too short. Snapping viciously towards the brown and speckled baby she aimed to bulldoze right into the small moving target. With a squealing call the little ones legs launched out in front of itself, halting. Then as quick as it could manage the thing turned in an ungraceful and sloppy way, dark orbs full of panic. It's desperate cries seemed to shout for anyone who could come aid it now, not just mommy, and this caused Dani to feel a little sorry. Still, everyone has to eat, and a child left alone is a child left to die. *Remember that,* She told herself sternly. At that moment, just as the fawn's hind end faced towards her, the yearling banged her chest into it forcefully. Legs spiraled out of control, the fawn toppling over and the wolf tripping and rolling over herself. *If @Enoki could see this, she'd probably be laughing, and rightfully so, * she thought, she herself, finding some amusement in the fall.

But it wasn't funny for long. Seriousness returned to the situation as the prey animal found it's footing and took off from her. It was clearly injured somehow someway as it carried a noticeable limp now. She shook her head and stumbled to her paws, smirking. As she lifted her gaze to see it became clear to Dani that she had steered their lunch in the right direction. Not to mention gave it a nice beat up. Still dazed, with a throbbing headache, she stood there to watch the baby run to the death trap awaiting. To see the older woman spring forward and grasp her jaws snuggly around the fawn, that, to Dani, would be a memorable moment. This was her first group hunt in which she was allowed to more actively participate and pride filled her.

Just like a car wreck everything changed in one single blink. Fluffy tail pointed towards the sky and ears standing on it's head the fawn stopped with outstretched limbs. Sweat coated it, nostrils wide, and sides heaving. It seemed to have either spotted or smelt something or someone. Nina's only daughter tensed up growling under her breath. What would happen now in this game of life? "speech"

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
I'm gonna say Enoki stays hidden in this post for a bit then bolts to try and get the fawn before it flees. Danica and Enoki can both give one last chase after it where it trips up on something? Enoki can then make the kill to give us 8 needed post. Sound good to you?

Black tipped nails dug anxiously into the soft soil beneath them as the sound of fleeing hooves and persistent paws steadily grew louder and louder. Kneading at the earth while pinned black audits focused solely on those very foot falls. Their direction dead on in heading straight for her waiting jaws that had already began to salivate in anticipation of making a kill. Craving the crimson blood and its tangy taste. A quick swipe of her tongue over swarthy lips removing the tendrils of spit wanting to drip down onto her coiled limbs. Hunger and its insatiable curability gnawing at the emptiness of her stomach. She would have to wait until the opportune moment presented itself, though. Strike too soon or too late and you could kiss your meal goodbye. This was the way of the hunt and it took many trial and errors before Enoki knew the silent cues for when that sweet spot of a moment was.  

Suddenly, though, a ruckus of crashing vegetation and solid thumps resonated not too far off from her hidden location. All sounds of running coming to a cease. Audits pricking forward the curious side that was temporarily stowed away inside while the hunter took over wanted to investigate what had happened, risking the chance of exposing her location to the unsuspecting prey. Had something happened to Danica while the patchy woman lay nestled in the shadows? And with a small shift of her body to rise an inch or two, Enoki almost did so until the familiar sound of footfalls picked back up. Heading right for her again. But the eluding hooves once more came to a stop not even five feet from the hunkered down wolf. Tension was thick on the air as the woman completely froze her form, refusing to take anything more than a slow inhale for breathes. Heavily the scent of fear and fawn mingled around her. Capable of hearing the thundering heartbeat and ragged breathes the deer was taking to keep oxygen flowing through her blood.  'Steady, Enoki, steady. No sudden movements.'

Too late. With one fell swoop of the fawn's head in a quick scan for danger other than the creamy girl at his heels its petrified black orbs caught a glimpse of the Ashrelle woman. A sight that flicked on the flight switch and sent its tiny frame bolting to the east. Away from both hungry wolves. "Shit." the swarthy wolf cursed under her breath before releasing her spring loaded limbs. Having no choice but to sprint after the vamoosing fawn now if they wanted to keep the chance of a meal on the table. Lunging forward muscles went into overdrive as they propelled her lithe frame across the earth, jaws parting to allow the pink of her tongue to dangle out the side of her mouth. A low growl resonating in her throat. No way in hell was she going to let this meal pass her by.

Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Yes, but my muse is low so I apologize for whatever I can force out having a lack of quality.)
2 Days Left

The pregnant wolf waited silently as the fawn simply stood there, then in a fluid motion ran. @Enoki was quick to pursue their lunch time snack and headed out rather quickly. However, Danica only watched, the gears in her head churning as she tried to come up with a plan. *Perhaps I can loop about, disappear, then jump out in front?* She questioned herself before setting the idea into action. Whether it was even quality worth or not she didn't really care as long as she ate.

Dani bolted for the vegetation ahead of the fawn, looping far off to it's side in a curved line. She focused on the pounding of three sets of individual foot steps. Two ahead and right of her, the last her own. Blazing green eyes peered ahead as she forced her tired limbs to propel her even faster across the land. Her tongue had also fallen from it's moist domain to hang out in the air. Medium sized paws reached out far before tucking beneath her as she dashed. Her fur rippled with the rapid movements, but was soon snagged by sticks that she broke from their life source as she met her destination. Panting she slowed down to recoup before pin pointing their location with her ears, it sounded like she was ahead now...

The Secret woodlands girl turned and ran to her right as quielty and quickly as possible, hidden amongst the orchard. It wasn't long till she snuck herself around a tree to glance out at them. She was directly in front, and being unexpirnced, mistaked now as the time. A bark released from her jaws as she went head first towards the fawn snapping wildly despite the distance between them. Panicked it turned back towards Enoki then Danica then circled about itself heading left.”Speech”

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief