(See All?) Announcements
617 Users Online
Google, Bing, Towser

Guess I'm not the Fighting Kind — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>His facial features relaxed and donned another genuine smile as she peeked up at him. She revealed that she wasn't very good at swimming and he gave a small nod. A part of him was certain Jaysyek forbade the pups to put as much as a toe in the water while she was away or unable to keep an eye on them. He didn't blame her.

He looked out to the river and her voice brought his full attention back to her. <b>"Of course,"</b> he warmly answered, thinking on a whim that he would at least <i>try</i> to function normally. Surely the water, especially if they chose a spot where all her splashing about would obscure the fact that he didn't favor putting weight on a certain limb. He let his pale irises meet with Arlette's golden eyes, <b>"When it's warm enough and whenever you're ready, you just let me know, hmm?"</b></blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
    the suns going to shine, and sometimes the clouds will rain.

She couldn't help but beam at him feeling thrilled from nose to tail. She had not only made him smile twice, he was going to help her swim! A lot of her pent tension vanished into thin air. It was a start for things to change for the better. He may not have promised, it was a hope to look to the future for the young girl, that he'd be there for that.

"Deal." She mustered a serious look for a second, but her grin countered it soon enough. It took little to make her happy because she was grateful for anything good. Stretching out her gangly, front limbs, and toes she rested her cheek along her white fur. She had questions that poked at the back of her mind she had long wanted to ask. She rather not break the peace between them, what warmth had returned to him. Her thoughts recalled how Mom, and him had came here. She started to picture what that might have been like, at the same time remembering when she was much smaller. It seemed so simple then, and now she had real reasons to fear. She couldn't bare to think of Prosper or Theodore without pain, and mentally shoved them as little ones away. She did best holding onto when they had all gathered together, some weeks ago as a family. They were not whole, but it was much more complete.

A quiet sigh, she smiled at him, then stared at the creek until her eyes closed, and she was asleep.

(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2012, 09:01 PM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]